Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took so long, but here it is. The Next Chapter won't take so long.
Buffy stared at Willow’s shocked face as she finished her statement, and then stopped like she’d been hit with freezing spell. Buffy felt raw, confused, angry, and more then a little just. How dare she look at me like that! A part of Buffy screamed. I’ve saved the world more times then I can count. I’ve even saved it from her god damn it! She and all my friends have tried to control my life for so long, and because of them I almost lost the man I love! Because of them, I made him think I could never love him, and so he chose death over me.

Yet, even as that voice spoke another voice spoke. You just knocked Dawn out. You hit your own sister. You promised your mother you’d protect and love her, now look what you have done to her. You hit her to make her shut up because she was saying too much truth, just like you did with Spike. You got angry and you hurt her. I guess you do hurt the ones you love. Suddenly Buffy collapsed to her knees and started to cry.


-----

Spike struggled to get up, but his body still seemed like so much dead weight. Everything in Spike screamed to just rest. Spike realized he must have gone unconscious for awhile because Angel and Cordellia seemed to be having an argument. Spike almost wanted to laugh at the irony of delusions arguing while he was unconscious, but it really wasn’t that funny.

Spike thought he might need his vampire hearing to let him knew what was going on, but they were so load a deaf kid would have heard them.

“Angel we don’t have much time. The poison is weakening him a lot faster,” Cordellia said to Angel.

“How many times do I have to say I’m sorry. He’s just so difficult, and stubborn.”

“Not a good excuse,” Cordy shot back. The fire in her eyes made it clear to Spike why Peaches liked this girl. Or at least that was probably why since these weren’t really the cheerleader and peaches.

“Ahh, you know if you fight with the girl, you’re probably not going to get any later. You’re two hundred fifty years old, and you still don’t know anything about women do you.”

“I know more then you, William.”

“Both of you shut up!” Cordy made a sighing noise then all of sudden the air started to crackle and burn. Cordellia’s eyes suddenly became white and her whole being seemed to crackle with power. “I tried doing this the eyes way, but that didn’t work.”

Suddenly Cordellia’s arm shot out. Spike would have blocked it, that was assuming it hadn’t been moving faster then anything he’d ever seen before. Her hand was on his head before he even realized Cordy had moved. A large flash of white light hit Spike and seemed to absorb him for a second.

The last thing he heard was Cordellia’s voice saying, “So I guess we’ll do it the hard way.”

-----

Faith never felt more free then when she exited a plane especially when Kennedy was on board. She knew she would never take a human life again, but ohhh boy was Kennedy a temptation. She wasn’t sure what Willow saw in the girl. Personally she wished she could just beat Kennedy to death. Especially when Faith had told her team about Spike’s being alive and his current situation. All Kennedy had to say was, “So what? They calling us back to do paper, rock, scissors to decide which one of us stakes him?”

Faith’s mind had begun a chant of, “Ignore the rich bitch, Ignore the rich bitch.” It was the only way she kept herself from chucking Kennedy out of the plane. Focus on Buffy. She’s going to need you, and you don’t know what else has happened since the plane left.

“Faith! Faith over here!”

Once again Kennedy knew exactly the wrong thing to say, “Andrew? What’s he doing here? Must be Giles is way of making sure Andrew doesn’t end up in a hospital or probably a morgue.”

Faith wish she didn’t have to set and example because right now she just wanted to slug Kennedy so bad. Deciding to walk away from the girl, Faith walked towards Andrew who was standing next to a black sedan.

“Faith, Giles told me to come get you right away. The other girls will be picked up shortly.”

Faith nodded. She wanted to say something to comfort Andrew about what had happened, to tell him that it would be okay, but she couldn’t. What he had done hadn’t been evil in the strictest sense, all he had been doing was keeping his word to a friend, but by doing that he had caused so much unneeded pain. Yet, even for all her dark acts Faith could think of nothing in her experience that would let her reach him. Nothing to reach a man that hadn’t really done something wrong, but had been blamed for the consequences. All she had was pity, and she knew that was the one thing Andrew most likely didn’t want.

-----

For the ten minutes, Willow had tried desperately to comfort the fear and grief in her friend. Waited for her to gain any kind of emotional balance before they proceeded, but it was also her way of over coming her own fear. Willow had never believed Buffy would really turn on them, even when she’d tried to kill them under her belief they were just figments in her mind.

It was a spell, a manipulation, it wasn’t really Buffy. Buffy would never hurt them. No matter what they did, Buffy would never hurt them. Now she feared that wasn’t true, and she felt the pull of her magic. The pull of her dark impulses to fix this so Buffy would never hurt them and it was tempting. No! Willow screamed inside her mind. She wouldn’t use those dark magics on her friend. The dark magic just seemed to laugh, ‘why not Willow? You used them on Tara. The one you loved, so why not your friend?’

In that moment Willow remembered why she was here. I have a way to save Spike! I can’t have Tara back, but I can give Buffy back Spike and without Magic. “Buffy, please look at me, Buffy!”

Buffy looked up at Willow her eyes red and filled with pain. “I think I have a way to save Spike. I think him being back would more then make up for a little fight, right?”

Willow watched the change in her friend. The pain wasn’t gone, but pushed aside. The tears stopped as if they had never existed. Suddenly Buffy the girl was gone, and Buffy the Slayer was there. “Tell me what you need me to do Willow,” Buffy asked.

“Well that’s just it Buffy you don’t really need to do anything. Well, that is of course lie down next to Spike.”

Buffy looked confused. “How will that help Spike?”

Willow in an almost Xander like moment laughed, “Cause I can’t give him a transfusion of Slayer blood from across the room.”

Less then two minutes later, Willow watched as Buffy’s blood began entering Spike. For the first time since she’d seen Spike in the Alley in Chicago Willow began to have hope that they would all be okay.

-----

The white glow finally seemed to fade from Spike’s eyes. “Bloody Hell!” Spike said as he dropped to his knees in front of Angel and Cordy.

Cordy just watched as Spike tried to adjust from what he’d seen. It had to have been a lot like her visions used to be, and she understood the disorientation that could cause. Not that being in the head of a vampire with a soul that had give up on hope and love was much fun either. She reached over and grabbed Angel’s hand.

Whatever else may have happened between them Angel would never wish what had happened to Spike on him even when Spike was being his most annoying. Then it seemed that Spike’s eyes were clearing, and that what they had done had worked. Spike started to speak, “She lov…”

That however was as far as he got. Suddenly the calm seen of the front yard of Buffy’s Sunnydale home was rocked by a dark menacing wind. Cordy felt herself flying backwards into Angel knocking him off his feet, and a second later the two of them slammed into the Summer’s front door.

But as everything else crumbled Spike seemed untouched, unmoved, and then the darkest black Cordellia had ever seen seemed to envelope Spike. They she hears Spike scream out in a dead voice, “Not real. Never real. Only pain is real. Hope is just a lie.”

Cordy screams back against the wind, but her voice makes no sound. She tries again, but it is barely above a whisper, “God Damn it Spike! She loves you.”

Spike turns to look at Cordy and she prays he heard her and believed. Then suddenly the wind is gone as if waiting for Spikes answer. Cordy looks deep into his expressive eyes hoping that she had reached him but whatever fire had once raged there is gone. All she sees now is scorched earth, the charred remains left in a fires wake, and then she hears the once fiery warriors defeated voice, “Some things are just never more then dreams.”

“Spike please you can’t lose hope.”

Just before the blackness consumes him she Spike speak one last time. “Why?”