Author's Chapter Notes:
I don’t own Buffy the Vampire Slayer so don’t sue me, you won’t get much!!!
ILIOS is pronounced il- oh- ahh.
CHAPTER 1

THE SALSA AT ILIOS


Elizabeth was your typical average teenager. She was seventeen years old and only half a year away from finishing high school and going to college. Except for one thing she was the crown princess of a small island called Moreton. She had kept this secret for most of her life. Even the people she was staying with didn’t know. Her mother had sent her to America when she was five to get a better education. She wanted her daughter to experience a life she never had and maybe some valuable life experiences that would help during her reign over Moreton.
So Elizabeth became a nerd when she hit high school. She wore the exact same thing every day, a green dress, which was quite unfashionable, and a green sweater. She also hid her beautiful eyes behind wide brim glasses that only hindered her vision. She wasn’t a straight ‘A’ student, but her marks were good.
But being a nerd had consequences, everyone picked on her. She had grown from it though and for that she thanked them.

Elizabeth was in the library researching when ‘Spike’ Giles walked into the room followed by all of his lackeys. He sat across from her, when all of a sudden she felt a wet patch hit her face. Angel, the head goon had thrown a spitball.

William ‘Spike’ Giles, the most popular guy in school. She would commonly determine him as a pretty boy. His bleached blonde hair, distinctive cheekbones, piercing blue eyes. His group and him were sat around laughing hysterically at her. He had girls hanging off him and his current girlfriend Dru was on his lap. Elizabeth took the book to the senior lounge where it was quiet and there was always a teacher on duty. She started reading the book on ancient Egypt.



Elizabeth started thinking about how wonderful it would be to fall in love. Another spitball hit her face. She could feel her emotions getting the better of her. She didn’t want to give them the satisfaction of knowing they had made her cry. She left the library very quickly.

“Mr Giles, you just scored yourself another weeks detention,” the head master yelled. Spike just laughed.

Spike had been with Dru for almost a year and was completely smitten with her. He cared about her deeply.

“Spike honey can I talk to you?” she asked

“Yeah Dru what’s up”

“Your dumped I can’t stand you anymore I want to go with my daddy” and she placed herself in Riley Finn’s lap. Spike was hurting but he didn’t let it show as he left the library. Angel and Oz followed him out.

“Well there goes another prom queen” Angel, Spike’s best friend said

“Nah, anyone who dates me can be prom queen.” Spike said boastfully trying to cover the hurt that was shining in his eyes.

“Okay wanna make a bet” Angel eyes glistened with excitement

“Right what are the terms?” Spike asked believing he could make Dru jealous

“I get to pick a girl, any girl and you have to make her prom queen. If you win you get my 1964 Jaguar roadster and if I win I get your 1999 Lamborghini Diablo” he winked

“Hell your on” and with that the boys shook hands and burst out laughing and the bell ended lunch break.


Elizabeth was heading home the long way. Across the railway lines and through the park. She got to the lake in the middle of the park when she heard laughing. The popular group then encircled her, taunting her, “hey four eyes” they screamed laughing at her.

“Oh jump off a bridge Angel” she spat

“Don’t ever say my name again, you may poison it,” he hissed. It was the most stupid thing she had ever heard.

“Where’s your leader you normally follow him around like a lost sheep” she smiled on the inside at her comment

“ Shut up four eyes” Angel glared at her and ripped her books out of her arms and threw them in the lake. Elizabeth ran away crying.

After she had gone Spike approached from the opposite direction.

“Hey Spike, that’s the girl I pick for you to make prom queen”

“NO WAY PEACHES” he bellowed

“Are you backing out on the bet?”

“NO but we didn’t say anything about wrecking my reputation”

“Now is your big chance, I’ve just hurt her feelings you can now make her feel better” Angel started laughing. Spike knew this was his chance.

“Hey Elizabeth wait up” he yelled catching up to her in minutes.

“What do you want Spike, come to make fun of me too?” she said wiping the tears from her eyes and staring at him.

“ No, I came to apologise, they went to far, they never should have thrown your books in the lake” he said trying to sound genially sincere.

“What ever Spike just leave me alone” she yelled and stormed off.

Spike smiled “ first contact made” laughing hysterically he thought to himself ‘I’m going to enjoy breaking this girls heart’.


Elizabeth finally got home and stormed into her room. “ The nerve of that guy” she screamed throwing her glasses onto her bed.
She changed into a pink halter-top, and a white mini skirt. It hugged her curved nicely, accentuating the hidden body behind that ugly green dress.
Elizabeth applied a little makeup, and let her hair hang below her bum.
She decided she would go to the only place she felt like she could be herself, it was a club called ILIOS. It was time to be her other persona, Buffy. The beautiful blonde haired greened eyed beauty that no boy could tear their eyes away from.
She grabbed her ID and headed out at around ten. The club would let her be her free spirited self. The person she couldn’t be anywhere else but the club.
She knew the owner, Faith was her name, and she had become friends when they had first opened. Xander the bouncer always kept an eye on her, just like a big brother would.

When she reached the club she went and sat in her usual space near the dance floor. She loved to watch people dance. She loved dancing more than anything else and she was good at it. The waiter took her drink order and returned shortly afterwards carrying the cocktail. She sat there sipping it slowly and unwinding from the day’s events.

“Hey” a familiar voice said. It was Spike and she just frowned. “ My name is Spike and boy you’re beautiful, pet”

“Yeah cut the bull shit,” she said

“ No I’m serious, have you looked in the mirror lately. Are you from around here?” he asked. He hadn’t recognised her at all.

“Yes I am. My name is Buffy” she smiled. ‘This could be fun’ she thought to herself

“Did you want to dance?” he asked

“Sure I’d like that!” she smiled

He led her slowly to the dance floor. Him leading, her following. Other dancers moved slightly to let them in. the music was just starting to play the beginning of the salsa. It was Buffy’s favourite dance. He spun her once and her hand joined his. His other hand went to her waist and pulled her in next to his tightly. They let their bodies sway in time to the music. Then he dipped her, supporting all her weight in his arms. The smile on her face lit up the whole room, Spike however, was obsessed with her eyes, and they were the brightest green and had flecks of silver in them when the light touched them they glistened. He spun her around and lifted her up into the air and continued to spin. She just wrapped her arms around his neck. The pace slowed for a while. Buffy’s chin was on the Spike’s shoulder. They were rocking back and forth; cheek-to-cheek, body-to-body they were dancing.
Then with the thumping of the drum the pace once again quickened. There bodies were in time with the music. His hands were running up and down her body finally resting on her arse. His hands then once again grabbed hers as they moved around the dance floor. The song finished and everyone applauded. She looked at her watch and realised she had to leave.
Spike grabbed his jacket off the floor. It obviously had been thrown off while they were dancing.

“Hey can I walk you home, luv? Maybe we could get an ice cream?” he smiled

“Yeah that would be great, but you can only walk me to my street, cause if my step dad saw me he’d kill me okay?” she smiled.

They stopped at the ice cream shop and took the long way home. Hand in hand. They got to Buffy’s street and stopped at the end of it.

“You have some ice cream right there,” he pointed; she lifted her hand to wipe it away.

“Don’t worry I got it” he smiled. He inched closer to her; she could feel his breath against her lips. He gently placed his lips on her. She kissed him back.

“So this is goodnight pet?” he asked

“Yeah I think so”

“ But not goodbye?”

“No not good bye” with that said he kissed her again softly

“ I have to go, goodnight!” she said pulling away smiling at him.



This is the first Buffy and spike story I have written so please be nice. Anyway I don’t have a beta either so I have to do all the grammar and spelling myself so if it’s shocking please tell me.