CHAPTER 3

SOME ADVICE IS NEEDED

At the end of the night just as Spike dropped Buffy at home she turned to him and said “ I’m sorry Spike I won’t be able to see you for a month I have to go away and visit family” Buffy said making up excuses.

“Ok but you will call me when you get back won’t you?” he looked so insecure.

“Yeah I’ll call you when you get back” she smiled and kissed his cheek and silently walked down the street.


On the way home Spike couldn’t get Buffy out of his head. She was the most talented human being he had ever come across and she was his. She was so different compared to that nerd Elizabeth, and worst of all he had to spend a whole month without his girl to keep him company or drive him crazy. He had never felt like this before even with all the girls he had dated. Spike wouldn’t like to admit it but he was a slut magnet, and no matter what assumptions had been made he hadn’t found the right girl until recently. Spike was lonely as he headed home for the night.

Buffy lay on her bed crying. She had really believed Spike had wanted to be friends, how could she have been so stupid? She had even fallen for his charm and that bullshit line about mending bridges. She was now crying over Spike Giles and he was making her live a triple life. First being a princess, second being Elizabeth and thirdly being Buffy. He was making her live another lie. She had enough trouble keeping the one secret let alone having another one to complicate her life. How she wished her mother were here. She needed some advice, she couldn’t go to her foster parents they were just yell at her for seeing a boy. Where could she go? Then it hit her she headed out the door and back to ILIOS to see Faith.

Buffy entered the door and it was slowly dieing down “ hey Xander is Faith around?”

“Sure is, out the back,” he yelled over the dull roar

“Faith are you here” she called out

“Yes Buff I’m here” she yelled back

“Have you got a minute? I need some advice”

“Yeah come into my office” she shut the door “What’s on your mind?” she said walking to her desk

“ Umm. Well. I like this boy and I know he is going to break my heart”

“Oh sweet heart you never know sometimes it just happens”

“No I heard him say it, I’m part of a bet,” she said

“ Now I’m confused, why are you with him then?”

“Maybe I should start from the beginning” Buffy said. Faith slid deeper into her chair and Buffy started telling her everything. She even told her about being a princess. Faith sat listening absorbing everything she was being told. Occasionally nodding and confirming with what she had just been told.

“Why do you think I asked you to introduce me as Buffy?” she asked

“I thought you were having one of those teenage moments” Faith smiled and playfully punched her arm.

“So what do I do? I know he likes me when I am pretty but what about my intellect. Why can’t he see pass the glasses, the dress and the ponytail.” Tears had started to fall from her eyes freely. Faith wiped them away.

“Your probably not going to like what I tell you but please listen until I finish okay?” Buffy nodded and she didn’t like the sound of it.

“Well you’re not being entirely truthful either. Spike needs to know the truth, maybe not the princess part. Help him to see that Buffy exists within you. Show him you can be smart and pretty. I know it’s going to be hard to get to know him, knowing what you know but open your whole heart to him, maybe he’ll surprise you. You said that Buffy wouldn’t be seeing Spike for a month so you have until your prom to change his mind and make him like you. Also the motto I used in life is simple Want, Take, Have”


Buffy thought about everything Faith had just told her on her walk home. As she got to her street she saw Spike staring in to mid air on a bench.

“Spike, its one am in the morning, what are you doing here?” she asked shaken to see him again

“Um.” He mumbled

“Well spit it out?” she smiled

“I wanted to know whether you’d like to come over” he gulped

“This instant”

“No time like the present” he laughed knowing full well it was ridiculous to be seeing each other twice in one night.

“Okay” she said, with Faith’s little speech running through her head. ‘OPEN YOUR WHOLE HEART and WANT TAKE HAVE’

After reaching and sneaking into Spike’s room, Buffy was taken back with how it looked. It was clean and neat, bed was made, everything had it’s own place. His room was huge with a huge wooden door.

“Spike, you would never purposely try and break my heart would you?”

“NO! What gave you that idea?”

“Well I heard some rumours flying around the club tonight about how you have been with every girl you have dated. That you have never been in a serious relationship!”

“Not true! You know how male teenagers are, they assume everything. To tell the truth I’m still a virgin”. Why the hell did I tell her that? She’ll probably leave me now he thought head bowing down. She gently touched his face and he kissed her palm.

“I find that very admirable in a man” she smiled initiating the first of many earth-shattering kisses.

His tongue danced on her lips as if asking her permission to enter. She opened her mouth and there tongues mingled together. A deep moan escaped from the back of Spike’s throat. Buffy could feel his hands sliding up her legs, underneath her skirt. If Spike was to be the first, she was ready. After all she loved him.

‘Oh my god I just admitted I loved Spike’ she thought she kind of smiled and Spike pulled her closer and continued to place butterfly kisses over her cheeks, jaw line and shoulder.

Out of the blue Spike’s mum burst through the door screaming at him, then stopped and starred at the two embarrassed lovers.

“I think you better leave miss” his mother looked at Buffy.

“Ok” she leaned over to Spike and gave him a passionate goodbye kiss

“Ill see you in a month pet” he called out and Buffy left.



A MONTH LATER

Spike had spent the whole month moping. He and Elizabeth had gotten closer but she wasn’t his Buffy. He did have to admit though that Elizabeth had a good ear and listened to him whenever he needed to talk to someone. He hadn’t heard at all from Buffy and was worried that she had forgotten about him. He had almost called off the bet with Angel cause he was feeling guilty and Elizabeth seemed like a nice enough girl, but always in the back of his head was Buffy. He knew he had it bad.

However Buffy’s month had been the happiest it had been for a while. Spike had been coming to her more and more just to talk. He had even defended her against Dru. Maybe he was coming around. Maybe she would never have to be Buffy again. Except trying to determine which persona she really was confused her. She knew what she had done when she hit high school so maybe being Elizabeth was just an act. Although being Buffy all the time had its disadvantages.



It was the day before the prom when Buffy walked into the girl’s toilets when she over heard Dru saying that Spike had invited her to the prom to get back at Elizabeth.

As the girls exited leaving Buffy alone she just sat there quietly crying. Spike had decided to go through with the bet. Finally she knew what she had to do.

It was time for REVENGE.