DON’T WALK AWAY


CHAPTER 5

RESPONSIBILTY TO YOUR HEART




Buffy was finally heading home to see her mother only to be faced with the fact it may only be a few days. ‘Hold on mother I am almost home’ she thought.

“IF THERE IS A BUFFY SUMMERS IN THE AIRPORT PLEASE REPORT TO THE FRONT INFORMATION DESK THANKYOU” a female voice came over the PA system.

“Your highness we leave in fifteen minutes” Willow said and smiled

“Yes, I’ll just see what they want” Buffy nodded and smiled back and headed down the escalator to the info desk. As Buffy arrived the young assistant had to take a phone call and gave Buffy an I’ll be right with you look.

“Can I help you miss?” she asked

“I’m Buffy Summers”

“Oh this is for you” she handed Buffy an envelope with her name on it Buffy examined it closely. It had the scent of roses and was written delicately.

To my Buffy

I’m sorry I messed up big time pet. Please don’t leave, I need you.

Love always

Your Spike

PS turn around.


Buffy slowly turned around and Spike was waving at her.

“What are you doing here?”

“I came to rescue you” he smiled

“Spike I don’t need a knight in shining armour to rescue me. So I’m sorry you came all the way here but I am going home. Beside why would I want to be rescued by a jerk anyway” she snarled

“Okay enough insults, I just copped an earful from Faith.

“You spoke to Faith. What did she say? Never mind I don’t want to know,” she said walking off turning her back on Spike.

“EVERYTHING” he yelled after her. Everyone around them had stopped.

“I know everything princess” he saw a tear fall from her eye, but she wiped it away.

“Spike I have a responsibility to my people and my mother is dying I need to be there. I am going home. So never think of me again cause I won’t be thinking of you” she went to walk away again.
Spike grabbed her wrist and jerked her back.

“Don’t you have a responsibility to your heart as well?” he said taking her by her waist and kissed her softly. She responded and kissed him back with tears streaming down her face.

“Spike stop please,” she unconvincingly said

“Please stay here with me?” he asked staring deep into her eyes, he took her hand and kissed it gently.

“Spike………I………Can’t” she said and ran off towards the terminal, leaving him at the info desk dejected.

Once she had boarded the plane she just starred out of the window. “I love you Spike and I always will,” she said quietly doing up the safety belt tightly around her waist. Buffy wasn’t thinking about anything but Spike and leaving the only home she had ever known. The only place she really loved and the only guy she would ever love.
She sat back in her chair as the G-force pushed her back into her seat. The plane took off and Buffy cried harder. Once the plane levelled out Willow placed some documents in front of her that she had to review and sign. Except her mind wasn’t on the job, she kept reliving her last moments with Spike, unconsciously touching her lips. She had done the wrong thing and knows she would have to deal with it and the knowledge they would never be together.

Almost 18 hours later Buffy was starting to get nervous because she was about to see her real mother for the first time in twelve years. She knew she missed her but her mother was like a stranger. She didn’t know her likes or dislikes; she was wondering whether she would be a disappointment to her mother.
She was suddenly thrown out of her train of thought when she heard a loud explosion.

“PLEASE TAKE THE BRACE POSITION AS WE ARE GOING DOWN” the pilot said stressed. The plane was shuddering a lot and was losing altitude fast. Buffy took the brace position and waited for impact.


The plane hit the water with such force Buffy banged he head on the seat in front. The seat belt was digging into her stomach. Buffy could hear Willow screaming, but she remained silent. She started remembering that last few months when she had been really happy. Then she thought about Spike. About the lost moments, about the first time she had kissed him, the time in Spike’s bedroom and being caught by his mother. She remembered the sincerity in his eyes when he told her he loved her. She believed him and now she was going to die knowing that she had broken his heart as well as he had broken hers.

After a moment of slowing down and water rushing in all around her the plane stopped moving all together, Buffy quickly unbuckled. Her head and a huge gash had blood running from it. However she still managed to think clearly even though her head was pounding. She had to find survivors.

“Willow” she yelled as the plane moaned and creaked beneath her feet. No answer

“WILLOW” she screamed repeatedly

After a moment of staying completely still she heard a moan from the place where Willow had been sitting.

“WILLOW” she screamed and ran to her advisor. Blood was spilling out of a rather large wound on her leg. A chair had fallen of top of her and sliced an artery. Buffy knew then she couldn’t save her.

“WILLOW CAN YOU HEAR ME?” she asked taking her hand to try and give this women comfort.

“Princess (cough) you must (cough, cough) get yourself out of here. The future depends on you (cough) go be with your mother. Don’t cry everything…will…..be………alright” Willow released her last breaths and died in Buffy’s arms. Buffy had tears falling from her eyes and they were dripping on to Willow’s cheek.

“Goodbye” she said

“IS ANYONE HERE?” Buffy recognised this voice as the pilots.

“Yes I am,” she yelled, trying to get his attention.

“We have to get out of here now” the pilot shouted.

“God speed Willow,” she said closing her eyes. Standing up she ran for the pilot and the nearest exit. Once the pilot had the door open he flung the life raft into the water and Buffy jumped in. The pilot and herself rowed away from the plane just in case anything decided to explode.
The pilot sent off the emergency beacon he had thrown into the raft. Buffy then had the worst thoughts, what if no one found them? She would never see Spike again. Her mother would die with out her being by her side. Her cousin Cordelia would take over being queen and to make matters worse they didn’t have any food or water.

Meanwhile back on the mainland Spike was still in shock that she had left him. He sat at the bar in Ilios and started drinking himself into oblivion.
‘ Its all my fault anyway I hurt her, of course she wasn’t going to stay’
“ I AM SUCH A PONCE” he yelled and slammed his fist down on the table.

“Spike I think you should look at this” Faith yelled and pointed to the TV.

“Turn it up would ya mate” Spike yelled.

“Good evening. My name is Emme Caulfield and we at ten bring you this breaking news. Last night at approximately 2:00am the Princess of Moreton’s plane crashed into the Pacific Ocean. Rescue workers have been sent but there had been no sight of there beloved princess. When details become available we will endeavour to report them. Thankyou”

The TV then went back to what it was previously showing and Spike was out the door.