Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter pretty much veers from what happened after “Tough Love” and is unlike the episodes following it (in some aspects). Read on to see what happened after… and what I wish would’ve actually happened on the show (or something similar, at least).
One Year Later

Spike watched Buffy as she slept, studying her facial features and the way she would flinch occasionally in her sleep.

‘I wonder what she’s dreaming about,’ he thought. ‘Flinching usually isn’t a good sign.’ She shifted slightly and frowned
before jolting. ‘She must be having a nightmare.’ He ran his hand down her back in a soothing gesture, at the same time hoping she’d continue to sleep. ‘It’s been a long day for all of us- she needs sleep more than I do.’

Buffy turned over and felt Spike’s cool body beside her, his arm instinctively wrapping around her waist and pulling her close to him. She smiled softly and opened her eyes, noticing that he was watching her with a dreamy expression.

“Hi,” she said quietly. “Why aren’t you asleep?”

“Why aren’t you?” he asked, grazing her cheek. “You looked so peaceful.”

“I had a dream,” she replied, curling up against his side and resting her hand on his abs.

“What was it about?” he asked curiously, and she sighed.

“The fight against Glory,” she answered. “I pretty much just relived everything that happened. From her taking Dawn, to you getting stabbed by Doc, to Willow destroying Glory through a spell and managing to somehow close the portal. It was all so vivid.”

“But it’s over now, luv,” he replied, kissing the top of her head. “That was a long time ago, and Glory can’t come back. We’re all safe and sound.”

“Until the next apocalypse comes around,” she said, and he nodded. “I still can’t believe Anya and Xander got married today. It just seems so crazy that we’re adults, let alone that we’re at the age where getting married begins to be common.”

“The wedding actually went well,” he said, running his hand down her arm. “Your dress was hideous, but you looked gorgeous nonetheless.”

“And Anya was positively stunning,” she added. “She made a beautiful bride. I think I even saw tears in Xander’s eyes when she walked down the aisle to him.”

“And despite the chaos of having demons and ignorant humans shoved in a room together, I think it worked out nicely,” Spike replied, and she nodded before sighing.

“Think we’ll ever have that?” she asked, and he looked at her. “I mean, I know we can’t do the whole church-wedding thing or what-not, and I doubt we can even get married as it is considering you’re a vampire, but I like the idea of spending the rest of my life with you.”

“Knew you’d fall in love with me someday,” he grinned, leaning down to kiss her. “I’m just happy my patience is finally being rewarded.”

“I owe you for putting up with all of my crap for the last few years,” she replied. “And if that means loving you, then I’m going to keep going until you ask me to stop.”

“Won’t ever happen,” he said, smiling. “I’m going to love you forever. I promise you that, Buffy.”

“I know,” she said. “I love you, too.” He smiled proudly.

“I love when you say that,” he said. “Makes me feel all warm and special inside.” She giggled and kissed his neck. “Want to have another go? It’s been a few hours, and I’m sure the Nibblet is fast asleep by now.”

“It won’t matter- the primal growl you make whenever you come inside of me will wake her up,” she said in a low tone, and he groaned as he felt her hand run down to his thigh. “Or come anywhere else, for that matter.”

“You’re walking a very dangerous line, princess,” he said, looking at her intensely. “If you keep this up, I might not be so gentle on you.”

“Why not?” she pouted. “It was a sweet and romantic day- can’t you just make love to me again?” He leaned over and kissed her.

“Is that really what you want?” he asked, and she nodded, grazing his cheek. “And if I don’t?”

“You’re going to forego orgasms for a week, buster,” she replied, poking his shoulder. He chuckled and got on top of her, looking down into her eyes.

“You wouldn’t last a week without sex, luv,” he said. “I give you tops a day before you’re begging me for it.” She raised an eyebrow and gave him a challenging look.

“Want to make a bet on that?” she asked, and he quickly shook his head.

“I’d rather just be inside of you,” he whispered in her ear as he thrust inside of her welcoming body, eliciting a gasp to pass through her lips. “Yep, much better.” She smiled before moaning as he moved deep inside of her.

“You’re right- I couldn’t live a week without this,” she said quietly, arching her hips up to meet his. “I love you too much to keep this from happening.” He leaned down and bit the crook of her neck with blunt teeth, causing her to moan again.

“I love you, too, Buffy,” he said, gently rocking his hips against hers. “I’ll always love you.”

“You promise?” she asked, tilting her head back as warmth spread through her body, despite the feeling of the cold body on top of her.

“I promise,” he said sincerely before looking into her eyes. “Is that okay with you?”

“It’s perfect,” she answered before wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling his face down to hers so she could kiss him. “Forever is absolutely perfect.”


THE END






A/N I’m fairly certain this is the end of this fic. This story was created with the mindset that it would be short and fairly fluffy, but I felt like doing something a little different than my usual AU’s. I hope you liked the ending and thanks for reading/reviewing!:)