Chapter Twenty-four

Two weeks later, Buffy and her friends were sitting in the Bronze, listening to the new band and enjoying their drinks. They had talked her into going out with them, even though she was more interested in staying in her room and trying to find Spike. For the first time in a month, she awakened without that little extra buzz that told her he was there if she needed to talk to him, and she’d spent the whole day trying to get a response from the missing vampire.


Common sense told her he was as alive as a dead man could be. She knew she would have known in an instant if he’d dusted. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t be in some kind of trouble and just be blocking her access to him. She’d become so used to his constant presence in the background that she felt oddly lost without it and she’d almost forgotten that not being able to sense him was what she’d been waiting for the past month.

Suddenly Buffy’s vampire radar went off and she stopped talking to look around the big room. Just as she realized that she was feeling one particular vampire, she heard Xander say, “Oh look. It’s the evil undead. We were all hoping you were on your way to South America or somewhere.”

“That right, whelp? All of you were hoping that?”

Buffy turned slowly and looked up into what she had decided were the most beautiful blue eyes she’d ever seen and said softly, “No, not all of us.”

While Willow and Anya beamed at her, she stood up, faced the smiling vampire, and took his outstretched hand. In spite of Xander’s audible groans, she turned and stood beside Spike. Although his hair was still the soft light brown of William, he was wearing his signature leather coat and normal jeans and tee shirt.

“William and I have to go now. We have...evil to fight. Demons to kill...”

Anya studied them closely for a second, than announced calmly. “They’re going to go have sex.”

While Xander muttered strangled denials, Spike slipped his arm around Buffy’s waist and smirked at him. Willow smiled at them and waved her hand as she said, “Well, you’d better get going then. Lot’s of evil out tonight.”

As they walked away, Xander continued to sputter in disgust.

“If he’s back, then the claim is gone. And if the claim is gone, then she shouldn’t want him anymore. There must be something wrong.”

“Actually,” said Tara shyly, “It looked very right to me.”

Willow turned to smile at her girl friend. “What looked right to you, baby?” she asked, not noticing Xander’s double-take at her endearment.

“Their auras. Buffy’s is always bright – unless she’s mad about something–“

“Well, THAT never happens,” Anya snorted sarcastically.

“And Spike’s is very unusual for a vampire. Full of life and color. And together, they made a lovely mauve color when they meshed.”

“Meshed?” Xander’s voice went up an octave. “What meshed? There was no meshing! No meshing with the vampire. Not on my watch.”

“Oh Xander, would you get over yourself?” Anya said in disgust. “Buffy loves Spike. She doesn’t love you. Not in a ‘give you orgasms’ kind of way like I do. She’s the Slayer. She’s too strong for a human male anyway. She’d probably hurt you! And if Spike makes her short life happy…”


The dark haired carpenter subsided, mumbling to himself about vampires and auras and souls not being important anymore. The women at the table ignored him and went back to their conversation about the band.


Spike and Buffy got no further than the darkened area under the stairs before she spun him around and pulled his mouth down to hers. Warm, pliant lips met soft, cool ones in a kiss that gradually deepened as tongues began to tangle and move around. Buffy pressed her body up against him, enjoying the way it fit into his so perfectly.

She moaned when he ground his erection into her hip and slipped his muscular thigh between her legs. Buffy caught her breath when she felt his hard leg press up against her already damp crotch. Forgetting where they were, she wrapped one leg around his and began rubbing against him.

Spike removed his lips from hers briefly so that she could catch a breath and murmured in her ear, “That’s it, love. Ride me, Buffy. Ride me hard. Come for me, baby. Show me you missed me.”

(I’m not really doing this, am I? I am not trying to get off on Spike’s leg while my friends sit drinking a few feet away. I should stop this right now....before...I can’t....stop....no stop....don’t stop.....Spike!)

With a muffled shriek and a shudder, she collapsed against his chest and allowed him to hold her boneless body up as she regained her equilibrium. She could feel his duster wrapped around her back and hoped it was protecting her from any curious eyes that walked by.

“So,” he said with a smirk in his voice, “missed me, did you, Slayer?”

“Apparently so,” she grumbled as she stood up straighter and pulled back to look up at him. “And you can just wipe that smirk off your face, mister.” With a sudden change in demeanor, she asked quietly, “Did you miss me?”

“You have no idea, love. No idea at all.” The smirk was gone, replaced by such yearning that she whirled away and pulled him toward the door.

“Then we should go.”

There was no argument from the vampire as she tugged him out the door and down the street. He stopped her when he realized where she was going and gestured to the large, dark vehicle parked across the street.

“We can drive, love. I came straight here when I got back and found out where you were. Haven’t put the car away yet.”

Using the old Desoto, it took only a few minutes to reach the edge of campus and the attractive apartment building located there.

“Uh, what are we doing here? I thought we’d be going to…well I don’t know where I thought we’d be going. The dorm, I guess. But here?”

“Need a place for William to live, don’t I? This way I’ll be close to you when you’re in school and you can pick me up on your way to patrol.”

“You…you’re going to live here?” Buffy looked at the clearly expensive apartment building and back at the grinning vampire.

“Did you kill somebody?” she demanded suspiciously.

“Didn’t need to, pet,” he smirked, opening her door for her. He ushered her into the building, nodding at the concierge as he took her to the elevator.

“Isn’t he a demon?” Buffy whispered, turning to look back at the waving man at the desk.

“Yes, but not one you have to worry about, Slayer,” he said with an edge to his voice. “He’s a good upstanding citizen of Sunnydale – as is his human mother who lives on the third floor.”

“Human? His mother is human?”

“What? You thought you were the only one to find a demon attractive?” he teased her gently as he pushed the button for the penthouse.

“Well, most demons are…ewwww and all with the smelly and claws and teeth and…Are you laughing at me?”

“Maybe a little,” he admitted. “You are so adorable when you’re confused.”

“I’m not confused…and…you think I’m adorable?”

“You know I do, love,” he said, pulling her close as the doors slid shut. “That hasn’t changed. I think you are adorable…” he ran his lips over her jaw, planting a light kiss on her chin…”and beautiful…” a kiss on her neck...”and strong…”kiss…”and sexy…and…” whatever else he was going to say was cut off as Buffy interrupted the little kisses he was sprinkling across her face by grabbing his lower lip in her teeth and pulling on it gently.

“Oh, Baby wants play, does she?” he growled, sliding his hands around to her ass and pulling her against his hard length. “Why don’t you put your little teeth somewhere useful, Slayer?”

Before Buffy could respond, the doors slid open and they stepped out into the plush lobby of the penthouse apartments. Spike walked to the door at the end of the wide hallway and pulled a key from his pocket, inserting it in the door and pushing it open with a flourish.

“Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly,” he said giving her one of his best leers.

Buffy rolled her eyes at him and started to walk by, only to find herself swept up and into his arms into a traditional groom-carries-bride-across-the-threshold pose. They stayed frozen like that for a few seconds. Buffy’s mouth was open in shock and she finally stammered, “Wha…what are you doing?”

“Probably never get to do this for real,” he said gruffly. “Want to see what it feels like.”

Buffy thought he’d never looked more like William than he did at that particular moment as he waited anxiously for her reaction. When she didn’t say anything, she saw the resignation fill his eyes and felt his muscles flex as he prepared to set her down. She quickly brought her arms up around his neck and whispered, “I think it feels wonderful, William.”

Too overwhelmed to speak, he just beamed at her and stepped through the door into a spacious living room with one whole wall of tinted glass doors leading to an outside area. Before she had time to take in the whole room and its furnishings, Buffy found herself being carried across it to an open doorway and deposited gently in the middle of a large four-poster bed.

Spike immediately joined her on the bed, pinning her down with his body and fastening his lips on hers almost desperately. The heat radiating off her writhing body, made him groan with long-suppressed desire. They kissed frantically, lips and tongues alternately gentle and demanding. Strong body clutched strong body, until the urge to feel naked skin became overwhelming and the vampire tore his lips away.

Ignoring her complaining whimper, he slid back down the bed and began to take her boots off, caressing each foot as he did so and kissing each toe before he put the foot down. When he pulled one of her toes into his mouth and sucked gently on it, Buffy gasped as fluid pooled between her legs; then blushed to think that she was finding herself aroused by something so simple.

Spike moved his hands slowly up her legs until he reached the top of her thighs, where he allowed his thumbs to gently stroke her through the fabric of her jeans. His fingers were splayed across her lower abdomen, holding her hips still as his thumbs teased her.

She sat up and reached for him, trying to pull him back up where she could continue the kissing, but he shook his head and murmured, “Been waiting so long for this, love. Wanting you, needing to feel you, to taste you…” He buried his face in her lap, inhaling the rich scent of her arousal and nipping at her demin-covered mound.

Without moving his head, he reached up with one hand and unfastened her jeans, sliding the zipper down and moving his mouth up to the now-exposed golden skin on her lower abdomen. His other hand pushed her gently back down on the bed as he quickly pulled her jeans and underwear off, letting her kick them free of her feet and to the floor.

He again buried his face in her now open and dripping sex, laughing when her hips shot up off the bed at the touch of his cool tongue. He paused long enough to push her shirt over her head and slice through the strap of her bra with one of his sharp canines. Then he sat back on his knees to look at the vision spread out before him.

“Hey,” she said with a pout. “I’m all naked here and you’re all with the clothes on. What’s wrong with this picture?”

“Nothing wrong from my point of view, pet,” he leered as he deliberately ran his eyes down her body to the soft curls covering the source of the intoxicating aroma wafting around the room. With a growl, Buffy wrapped her legs around his torso and flipped them over so that he was on the bottom and she was sitting on his stomach.

She tore his shirt down the middle, casting the pieces away and reached for the buttons on his jeans. She popped the buttons off and pushed the now open jeans as far down as she could get them without moving any farther away than his upper thighs. Looking down onto his pale, hard muscled chest and abdomen, she licked her lips and said, “Now, I’m starting to like this picture!”

Buffy scooted all the way to the bottom of the bed and tugged on his boots until she had them off and could yank his jeans the rest of the way down his legs. She fastened her eyes on his thick, erect shaft, ignoring the way he was jostling her as he kicked his pants the rest of the way off.

In spite of their quick sexual encounter while under the spell, the incredible orgasm he’d given her on her mother’s couch, and their weeks of erotic mind games, this was the first time they had actually been naked together in a bed and Buffy found herself suddenly shy. When she saw that Spike was watching with amusement as she stared at his long, thick cock, she blushed and looked away in embarrassment.

Quickly, he rolled them back over again, tipping her face up to look at him as he ran the other hand down the silky skin of her flank.

“Look at me, pet. Remember what I told you?” He traced a path down her neck and across her collarbone. He dropped back into William’s voice and manner of speaking. “Nothing we do here is wrong or shameful as long as we’re both willing and it’s done with love. I want to see you – all of you. And I want you to see me. Don’t be ashamed to look at my body. It’s yours. To do with as you wish.”

Slowly, he moved off to her side, turning her slightly so that she was facing him. “I’m going to look, okay?” he murmured, kissing her lightly on her open lips. “Just remember, you are beautiful to me. Every single part of you.”

She nodded her head slowly, trying to control the blush that spread through her cheeks as his eyes traveled from her face down to her breasts, lingering there for seconds while he licked his lips, then continuing down to her toes and back up again. When he reached the top of her thighs, he gently pushed her down on her back and pulled her legs apart until she was lying spread out in front of him and blushing from her head down to her nipples.

He reached a gentle hand out and touched her worshipfully.

“Ah, love,” he breathed, stirring her curls with his cool breath, “you’re like a flower, you are. Soft and pink and delicate.”

Buffy shivered when she felt the cool air moving across her most private parts. She found it both embarrassing and incredibly arousing to be lying there exposed in front of his admiring eyes. Her hips rose slightly toward his face even as she tried to cringe away. He leaned in and planted a soft kiss on the silky skin where her thigh joined her abdomen, then another kiss on the other side. With a reluctant growl, he pulled himself away from the sight of her swollen clit calling to his mouth and tongue, and lay back down on his side facing her.

“Now you, pet. I want you to know me the way I intend to know you. Every bit of skin, every sensitive nerve ending, I want you to look at me until you could describe me with your eyes closed.”

“Is there going to be a pop quiz?” she asked with a nervous giggle.

“Well, there will definitely be a practical test,” he purred, stretching his arms over his head and flexing all his muscles.

Buffy couldn’t help the way she licked her lips as she watched the muscles moving under his alabaster skin. She let her eyes travel from the strong column of his neck, down to his flexed biceps and strong, but gentle hands. Her gaze skipped down to the defined pectoral muscles on his chest and then down to the rippled abs leading to the body part that started the whole embarrassing exercise. Deliberately skipping the bobbing cock in front of her, she ran her eyes down his prominent hipbones, admiring the way they drew her eye to the base of his shaft and the dark blond curls surrounding it. With a quick glance at his face to see if he was going to make fun of her, she moved down the bed to take a closer look at his scrotum, reaching out a hand to gently cup his balls. When he let out an involuntary groan, she grinned and drew her hand back.

(Good to know. I wonder what else is really sensitive?)

She ran a light hand down his firmly muscled, but trim, thigh, bringing it back up on the inside of his leg and just brushing his balls again as she pulled her hand out. A low growl told her he knew exactly what she was doing and she smothered a giggle. Where he had pushed her onto her back to look at her, she pulled him forward so that he was lying on his stomach, head turned to look at her curiously. She ran her eyes across the strong planes of his back, ghosting her hand down his spine until she reached the cleft of his ass.

She traced the outlines of his firm buttocks with both hands, cupping her small hands around them as best she could. When she ran a curious finger down between them until she reached his balls again, he couldn’t control the shudder that ran through him or the startled hiss.

Buffy snatched her hand back quickly, saying, “I’m sorry. Do you not want me to do that?”

A muffled groan and a “bloody hell, yes,” made her giggle and she became bolder in her exploring, sliding both hands down his legs and back up to tease him again with touches to the spot between his balls and his tightly puckered hole. When she felt every muscle in his body tense at her gentle prodding in that spot, she stopped her teasing. She nipped gently at one firm buttock, dropped a quick kiss on the other, and then tugged his shoulder until he rolled back over to face her.

“I think I’ve seen enough,” she breathed. “Less seeing, more touching. Now, please.”

“Your wish is my command, milady,” he answered, pulling her close to his body and running his hands lightly up and down her back. He began running his lips down her neck, pausing to lick and nuzzle the tiny scars left from the claim. When he felt Buffy’s heart rate increase at his touch, he stopped and pushed himself back far enough to look into her worried eyes.

“Don’t worry, love,” he said softly. “I don’t intend to do anything that would make me have to leave you again. I just…it feels good to remember that for a short, wonderful time we belonged to each other. Touching my marks…it’s just a way of reliving it. Wouldn’t do again, sweetheart. Please believe me.”

“I believe you don’t mean to do it,” she responded fearfully. “But you didn’t mean to do it the first time, either. What if you can’t stop the demon? I don’t want to go through a month-long separation every time we make love.”

“Trust me, love, “ he said with a wry smile. “Neither does the demon. He’ll behave. You have my word.” He studied her anxiously for a minute. “You DO trust me, don’t you, Buffy?”

He stared into her eyes as myriad emotions flew across her face and his stomach was clenching in fear until her look softened and she answered clearly, “With my life. I trust you with my life.”