Author's Chapter Notes:
Please Review!!! :)
Chapter Six:


Xander’s alarm awoke him from his peaceful slumber at 10:00.

*Ok, gotta get ready for work… oh wait, I almost forgot it’s my day off.*

Xander was just about ready to roll over and fall back asleep when he suddenly remembered what had happened that night.

*My dream! I have to go see Willow and Buffy and find out if Anya is alright.*

Of course she wouldn’t be alright in the emotional sense of the word, but Xander had to make sure she was at least physically ok.

He quickly got out of bed and started his morning routine. After he was done brushing his teeth, combing his hair, and changing into his clothes, Xander felt like he was ready to take on the world. Well actually, he was scared out of his mind at the idea of facing the women in his life. Xander wasn’t sure how Anya would react to seeing him, but he would understand if she never wanted to speak to him again. He just sincerely hoped that that wasn’t the case, even though he did believe that’s what he deserved. And he knew that at least Buffy and Willow would eventually forgive him for being a complete jerk and screwing everything up. That thought filled him with the slightest glimmer of hope.

Xander left his hotel room noticing that the tiny bounce in his step had returned.

**********


Warm and comfy.

That’s the first thought that crawled into my brain as I was slowly freed from sleep’s clutches. But warm and comfy definitely weren’t words to describe what my sleep had been like the previous couple of weeks. Hell, my sleep hadn’t been warm or comfy for the past couple of months. So I wondered why I felt that way.

It was then that the previous night came rushing back to me. Making the revolution about Spike, the admission to Willow, and a date with Spike that ended with him coming back to my place all explained my current feelings of warmth and comfort.

*If I had known that waking up next to Spike felt this good, I would have tried it a long time ago.*

The only time I had ever stayed with him was when Riley came into town, and that had ended very badly and with much embarrassment.

*Gah, Buffy, don’t think about that again! This is a totally different situation. Since Willow’s the only one here and she never enters without permission, there’s no chance of someone just barging in here.*

I was totally wrong about that, but at that moment I had no idea how very wrong I was.

“Buffy?”

I looked up at Spike who was now awake beside me. His voice had broken my train of thought and I forgot all about being walked in on.

“Yeah?”

“How’d you sleep, love?”

The kindness of his words instantly melted my heart and I felt like a lovesick teenager all over again.

“Warm and comfy,” I blurted out before I could stop myself.

“What?”

“I mean good, and much better than I’ve slept in a long time.”

“I’m glad to hear it.”

*Yeah, I could definitely get used to this.*

“So what should we do today? I mean tonight, cause well… I gotta go looking for a new job today. And obviously you have to stay inside because of your little sun problem...”

“You quit your job? You finally got out of that hellhole?” It seemed he was happy and pleasantly surprised at the idea of me leaving the Doublemeat Palace.

“Um actually… I didn’t quit. I was fired cause I walked out on the job once.”

His face fell at that.

“Oh.”

“Well I guess you could call that quitting, right?”

“I guess. How come you walked out?”

“Well, you see… it happened when Riley was in town. He found me there somehow and he needed my help finding that demon thing.”

“You don’t have to explain yourself, pet. I get it. You’d leave that place for Captain Cardboard but not for me.”

“No, Spike. That’s not it. I just… I couldn’t just stay there when there was evil afoot. And I do admit I was kinda thrown by seeing him again. But…”

I had to pause and stop myself from rambling too much. I looked right into his eyes so that he would hopefully know that I was telling the truth.

“But you’re the one I want to be with now. Not Angel and certainly not Riley.”

He gave me a look of doubt. I could tell this was going to be harder than I thought.

“Or anyone else for that matter. I just want you.”

“Well you got me, sweetheart. No matter what.”

“Good.”

I gave him a warm smile. He smiled back at me and I felt extremely happy. It was a feeling that, not so long ago, I thought I would never experience again. I felt really and truly loved by someone other than my family and friends, and I started to think that maybe I felt the same exact way towards him…

*Whoa, hold on there Buffy. I can’t be thinking about that right now.*

I promised myself that there would be a time when I could act on all of those feelings. But first I had to learn how to love myself.

“Buffy?”

Spike’s voice interrupted my thoughts once again.

“You kinda zoned out there, love. Are you alright?”

“Yeah I’m fine, I was just thinking about…”

But of course I couldn’t tell him what I was really thinking. That definitely wouldn’t have been a good idea. So instead I changed the subject.

“…what exactly you were doing with those demon eggs. I never really gave you the chance to explain that. And it’s ok, I won’t break your nose again I swear.”

“I told you, I was holding them for a friend. Well not really a friend, just some weird guy I met at Willy’s bar. He stayed in the shadows so I wasn’t really sure who he was. I figured he just wanted the eggs for his own private collection. I didn’t realize The Doctor was actually evil. It was just another case of me not using all of my brain I guess. Well to make a long story short, I told him I could hold the eggs in my crypt for a price. He offered me 500 dollars to keep the eggs and another 500 to move them to their next holding place. It seemed like a lot of money to me but I obviously wasn’t going to let him know that. It was an offer I couldn’t refuse and I just… I just wanted to help you out.”

I was totally surprised at that last part. Spike was going to give me the money?

“Help me out?”

“Well yeah, I knew you needed the money. I could still help you out even though there’s only 500 dollars now that I won’t be able to complete the job.”

“Thank you, Spike. That’s really… that’s wonderful. Thank you so much!”

“Not a problem. What would I do with 500 dollars anyway?”

“I don’t know… buy a hundred packs of cigarettes?”

“That’s actually not a bad idea.”

“Hey!”

“Don’t worry your pretty little head about it. The money is yours.”

“Thanks,” I said again.

*Now how can I show him how grateful I am? Ah I know… this should do the trick.*

Then I leaned up and kissed him. It was supposed to be just a thank you kiss but suddenly it turned into a lot more. The feel of his lips was just too much and I felt myself falling into our old rhythm. Spike started nibbling on my bottom lip and I returned the favor. Unfortunately, when I felt his tongue begin to enter my mouth I had to pause for breath. I gently pushed on his chest and then looked into his eyes.

“I missed you, Spike.”

“God, I missed you too. I missed you so much, Buffy.”

“I want you to know that I told Willow about us. I mean… I didn’t really tell her what exactly we’ve been doing these past few months, but I told her that I was spending time with you and that I had feelings for you. Tara’s the only other one that knows about us, and I did tell her everything. I’m planning on telling Dawn as soon as she gets home. That shouldn’t be too hard since she already likes you. I want us to have a real relationship. No more lies and secrecy. I will tell Xander and Giles too.”

“You will?” He looked at me skeptically.

“Eventually. I know they’ll be the hardest ones to tell, but I promise I will.”

“I believe you.”

He moved in to kiss me again and I gladly accepted the gesture. It started out soft and gentle but wasn’t that way for long. The kiss turned very passionate and I could tell that both of us ached with the need to touch each other after so long. I lifted my leg over his waist to straddle him and simultaneously reached up to cup his face. He softly grabbed at my hair and moved it so it wasn’t covering my eyes. I stopped kissing him for a moment and heard a groan of protest from him until I started exploring his neck with my lips.

*I’m pretty sure he’s gonna like this.*

His moan confirmed my suspicions as I placed several gentle kisses on his neck and then softly bit down.

“So beautiful… God, do you have any idea what you’re doing to me?” he managed to rasp out.

“I think I might have some idea,” I said as I reached down to grab his most sensitive body part which had already grown considerably.

I swallowed up his gasp of pleasure as I kissed him once again. His lips were so very soft, and my ability for thought was quickly leaving me. All I could feel were his talented lips and tongue on my own, his body gently grinding up against mine. I knew I wouldn’t be able to wait any longer. I was able to pull down my pajama bottoms without having to stop the make out session. Spike reached up and started to pull my pajama top over my head. Once that was out of the way, I started reaching for the button on his jeans. As I was just about to go for the zipper, a voice made me freeze my actions. It wasn’t Spike’s voice, however. It was the voice of the person I least expected to hear.

“Sweet Jesus, Mary and Joseph. What the hell is going on here?”

I looked over and stared at the person in my doorway with a look of horror.

“Xander?! Don’t you knock?”

There went the idea that no one would barge in on us.