Author's Chapter Notes:
You'll need to have read Car Trouble 7 at least to understand this!
Car Trouble 8 - Aloha Oahu!

By the Kings of Mercia NC17
Pairing –B/S


Chapter 1



“Well I’m not driving it back – if anything happened to his precious heap of – I mean the Desoto, he’d, well – you know” Xander said

Willow nodded and said she understood

“Oh, that’s me…” Xander took his cell-phone out of his pocket and read the text message he’d been sent. He looked neither happy nor sad; he just flipped the phone shut after he’d finished reading.

“Um, Anya?” Willow asked biting her bottom lip, and Xander just nodded, and then he said

“She said she’s gone cruising with some friends for a week or so, and when she gets back we must talk”

“Is that everything, you haven’t forgotten anything?” Willow took one last look around the motel room and shut the door.

They drove back to Sunnydale in Buffy’s convertible, in relative quiet. They’d been friends forever, and they were comfortable with silences, no need for chat or music.

He pulled into Buffy’s garage, and posted the car keys through the door.

“Right then, will you be okay to walk home with that case, I never thought, I should have dropped you off first”

“I’ll be fine. Xander – will you be okay?”

“Course I will!”

“I could come and stay – I could sleep on the sofa and-“ Xander reached for her and put his hand on her shoulder.

“I’m fine, honestly – the most overriding emotion I feel at the moment, is relief, I swear”

Willow moved in and hugged him

“Anything you need, ANYTHING, or you just want to talk – or, or not, if you just want to sit…you know where I am”

Xander returned the hug, smoothed her hair and kissed her forehead.

“I know – I was thinking, I know I’ve got a week booked off but, well, I might just head on down to the construction site in the morning, see how Chuck and Larry and the rest of the boys are doing”

Willow felt her stomach knot and a lump in her throat and she nodded.

“Come on, I’ll walk you half way home, okay?” Xander picked up their cases
and began to walk towards home.

*************

“No, okay, yes, I understand, but YOU’VE got to understand, my hus-husband, god that sounds strange me saying that…where was I – oh yes, my husband suffers from um, helio…erm, helio-discombobulating…itis – look, he’s ‘lergic to the sun, and can’t go out in daylight, so it’ll have to be a night flight!”

“I see madam, if you’d just like to wait there”

Buffy leant first on one hip, then the other, drumming her fingers while the check-in clerks did their stuff.

“That will be perfectly fine, Mrs…?”

Buffy suddenly had the strangest thing occur to her - she didn’t know her new married surname!

“Just call me Buffy!”

“Well, okay then…Buffy, the evening flight is confirmed for you, it departs for Oahu at 19.45hrs”

The check-in clerk saw Buffy begin to count on her fingers the only way she could do the 24-hour clock.

“That’s a quarter to eight, Mrs – erm, Buffy”

“Yes, right, thankyou!” Buffy got back to the stretch limo, with the blacked out windows.

“Quarter to eight tonight!”

“Great! I was just talking to Sid here (the chauffeur) he reckons this here hotel where we are going to is a bit special! – Isn’t that right mate?” Spike said, grinning

“Sir!” the driver smiled and nodded. Buffy grinned and said,

“I really can’t wait!”

***************

Willow couldn’t sleep. She tossed and turned, and knew she needed to do something…………………

At 8.30am the following morning, Xander woke up to the smell of baking.

Frowning at first, he followed his nose sniffing the aroma all the way to the kitchen.

Willow was just standing up, taking yet another batch of cookies out of the oven.

It seemed that every available surface in the kitchen was covered in plates and trays full of various cookies.

“Morning – I let myself in with the spare key, hope you don’t mind!” She pulled the oven gloves off, and folded the tea towel neatly.

“I felt the need to bake!” She laughed a little too brightly for such early an hour, and Xander frowned.

“Great, merciful Zeus Will………is there something you want to tell me?” Xander yawned, scratched his head and counted at least 10 lots of cookies.

With a frightened look, she vigorously shook her head.

“O…kay” Xander wouldn’t push her, he guessed she’d tell him in her own time …

“Um, there’s erm, there’s choc-chip, pecan, cherry-choc-chip…um cinnamon and apple…um those ones are plain…these are raisin and honey and those by the fruit bowl are double choc-chip, and cherry double choc-chip. There’s cherry cinnamon choc-chip and raisin in the oven – just to use the dough up, um, try one?”

She held out a plateful to him and smiled sunnily at him.

“Thanks………”


***********


As soon as Buffy and Spike got out of the limo at Club Tropicana, A dozen native Hawaiians smiled and greeted them, putting lei around their necks.

“Oh god, MORE champagne – I’ll be cleaning my teeth with it at this rate!” Buffy took a flute from the proffered tray, as did Spike, they ‘chinked’ the glasses together and smiled for the cameras as they arrived at their destination.

Once the photo-call was over, they were shown to their honeymoon suite.

Seemed EVERYBODY wanted to get in on the act, and on the huge four-poster bed were some ‘goodie bags’ for each of them.

Sexy lingerie from Victoria’s Secret, designer swimwear, sunglasses by Dolce and Gabbana, tee shirts, shorts, sandals…

On a side table was a huge bouquet of fresh orchids, their rich heady fragrance competing for dominance with the lei garlands around their necks.
There was a fruit basket with every conceivable fruit in it, a huge box of the finest Belgian chocolates and of course, the obligatory bottle of champagne, cooling in a bucket of crushed ice.

Buffy ran to the balcony doors and threw them open – the night was balmy and she looked at the palm fringed beach to the sea, the sound of the waves as they crashed on the beach sounded so inviting, to the left she could see a huge bonfire, she could smell barbecue and hear the sounds of a rich Latino beat throbbing, she could just about make out some silhouettes of couples dancing.

Spike came up behind her, slipped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck

She turned in his arms and began to kiss him.

“Happy, kitten? – Hmm - God I love you!”

“Hmm, blissfully…I love you too…come on, let’s get changed go out and enjoy the night, we can have all day in bed!”

“Sounds like a plan!”