Chapter 2


Gunn and Wes were standing in the corridor talking, both mentally rubbing their hands with delight over the Hawaiian venue, when the main office door opened and Cordelia came flying out, crying.

“Cordy – CORDY – Come back!” Angel stood at the doorway, holding a newspaper, he dropped his shoulders and sighed, then all everybody heard was a string of very un-ladylike swear words from Cordy as she banged open the fire doors and disappeared through them.

“What’s-“ Was all Wes had the chance to say, before Angel thrust the newspaper into his hands without a word, and went back into the office.

Gunn and Wes frowned after Angel, then Wes straightened out the paper. Automatically going for the back-page, thinking it was something to do with company share prices…when they could see nothing of any description to warrant either Cordy’s or Angel’s behaviour, Wes turned the newspaper round, and they both saw the blazing headline, and the picture, and after looking at each other, they began to read the few lines underneath.

“Hey, that’s that guy, I mean vampire that was here and sorted out that gambling demon’s mess a month or two back…oh look, he and Buffy got…”

“Oh dear!” Wes dropped his arm holding the paper and looked at his colleague.

“Oh dear indeed!” Gunn concurred.

***************


Anya smiled and poured herself more champagne. Well, sparkling wine at least.
She tried not to think about the five star luxury she’d been denied, how it could have been REAL champagne instead of Spanish Cava, and eating REAL caviar instead of the lumpfish roe being served…


Sharkman was giving a drinks party on board his boat, and he was talking to a demon with a weird shaped head. Anya smiled and came and stood by them, linking her arm around Sharkman’s fin.

“Are you talking business – or can I stay?”

“No baby, you’re fine…isn’t she gorgeous?” Sharkman boasted to the Hammerhead shark demon he was talking to.

“She sure is…so Sharky my main man…what are you doing back around LA – thought you said it was too small for your big fancy ideas, two months ago you couldn’t leave quick enough, in fact, you left so quickly, nobody knew where you were for a fortnight!”

Sharkman suddenly felt embarrassed and glanced at Anya, but she wasn’t going to give the game away.

“Oh…you know how it is…(He shrugged) got the boat moored here…I just didn’t like the set-up, you can’t get the staff these days, I’ll be here for a week or so, and then I’m moving back up to Vegas!”

This got Anya thinking…suddenly an idea came to her – it was Spike that found her in the LA hotel room with Sharkman a few months back…and he’d been there as an indirect link of his old enemy, and Buffy’s old boyfriend, Angel. And Angel was head of a Wolfram and Hart…renown for the toughest lawyers in the business……………

“I’ve got it – I’ll sue!” Anya suddenly said out loud

“I’m sorry my dear – sue? – Sue – what, I mean who are-“

“Oh, sorry, take no notice of me…Sharky, baby, can I use your phone?”

“Sure baby, in our cabin, go right ahead!” she left the two shark demons lighting up cigars and went to the cabin.

She got the number of Wolfram and Hart………

***************

Buffy shrieked as Spike had scooped her up at the waters edge and threatened to drop her into the surf.

Buffy tightly wound her arms around his neck and kissed him

“You wouldn’t…not after all that I’ve done for you tonight!”

Spike smiled and asked,

“What’s that then Kitten?”

“Well, I’ve got the hotel to get some black screens to put up at the windows on account of your sun allergy…and I told them that housekeeping must be done in the evenings while we are out, we don’t want to be disturbed through the day WHATSOEVER!”

“Oh baby, you did that, for me? – Is it any wonder I love you?”

He set her down carefully and they began to kiss, both getting a little over-heated.

“Hmm, can’t we just go back to our room and-“

“Wait baby, we can only be out here during the night, let’s have a cocktail, and some barbecue…little dancing…and then…”

“Then?”

“Then I’m going to make love to you ALL day, promise you, it’ll be all the more special for waiting!” Buffy rubbed noses with him as she said it and they were both grinning

“Sounds like heaven!”

“It will be baby…come on, I fancy one of those cocktails that everybody’s drinking out of coconuts…”