Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope people are still reading and, importantly, enjoying this story.

Thank you all.
Luv, Spuf
ALL MANNER OF MONSTERS


Chapter 9: ‘Tell Me!’


The lull in the ‘conversation’ gave Buffy the ultimate opportunity to bolt from the back seat of the Lincoln. Good thing the car was completely stopped at the time. It afforded her the chance to make her escape on foot, or at least try to anyway.

Buffy had not gone more then a few yards when she felt herself being grabbed from behind. William had caught up to her and at the moment, he had her virtually hog tied. Well, at least he had her human-tied with his strong hands and arms. William had stopped the car close to some kind of picnic area near the top of Mullholland Drive.


“Get your damned hands off of me!” Buffy hissed as she struggled to pull away from William.

Make me,” Spike spat back with an evil smirk. He pulled her up closer to his body and held onto her, even tighter then before. His blue eyes burned yellow with fire.

“Tell me,” he ordered harshly. “What’s the hold that Riley Finn has on you Buffy? What keeps you with him? Is it your little sister, Dawn?”

Buffy flinched at the mention of her baby’s name, but she held her chin up high and glared back at William in defiance.

“Why are you here?” she snarled at him.

“Business, I told you that,” he hissed back at her, tightening his hold on her even more. “That and you, of course,” he growled as he clasped her arms roughly.

“No, you idiot!” Buffy spat, “I mean what you are doing here, with me, today?”

“Andrew phoned me, told me you’d be at Mass and I rather traded places with him. In the driver’s seat that is,” Spike chuckled softly with a bemused grin.

Buffy trembled, visibly and bit her bottom lip. She tried not to let her innate fear show to William.

‘Oh, God,’ Buffy gasped silently, ‘what else did Andrew tell you Will?’

“Well,” Buffy sighed heavily, as if she had the weight of the world on her shoulders. “I guess Andrew meant well,” she finished sorrowfully. She allowed one lone tear to slip down her flushed cheek.

Spike felt a tug of guilt at his hardened heart. He realized he had truly scared his Buffy by coming here and pulling this stunt today.

‘Jesus Giles,’ he chided himself in disgust, ‘you are a right true prick sometimes.’

“Buffy,” Spike murmured, finally, to break the tense silence between them, “please tell me. Does Riley Finn hold you to him by using your little sister? Or do you really love him?”

Buffy gazed into Will’s beautiful blue eyes and read the sad, insecure emotions that flickered in their depths. She owed him the truth, she realized that now. Father Donatelli’s words echoed in her mind: ‘This William deserves to know that you have a daughter together, Elizabeth. Maybe he can help you?’

Instead of the full on truth, however, Buffy immediately opted for a half-truth of sorts. As she lowered her gaze away from Will, Buffy mumbled her response. She knew her daughter’s father could barely hear her answer.

“I detest Riley Finn,” Buffy whispered in a raspy, teary voice. “He holds me by using my Dawnie, my little ‘sister’ against me. It’s complicated, Will,” she added with another cringe at her half lie.

Spike placed his left index finger underneath Buffy’s little chin and lifted it up, tenderly. He forced her, gently this time, to gaze directly into his eyes with her emerald orbs.

“I’ll help you, Princess,” Spike offered sincerely. “I’ll help you and your little sis to get away from Finn. Please believe me when…”

“How?” Buffy asked with a tilt of her honey blond head. “Aren’t you as bad as Riley?” she inquired with a bitter tone. Her eyes were wide in disbelief. “You’re just like him now, right, Will? Or should I say, Spike?”

Spike cringed at the verbal slap that his beautiful Buffy had delivered to him. Her harsh comparison and the bitterness in her tone broke his heart all over again. How could he tell her who he really was? If he did, it might jeopardize the whole operation against Riley Finn and put Xander and himself in mortal danger.

Instead, Spike opted for a half-truth, at least at the present. He swallowed hard, took a deep breath and answered Buffy’s question as best as he could.

“Buffy,” he began carefully, “I do want to help you and your little sister. Not just because I’m being noble or some such bullshit. I want to help you because of what we shared in San Diego. I love you Buffy, still, and I want you to be happy and safe.”

Buffy looked up at William with tear filled green eyes. She tried to say something, but the words wouldn’t come. Heck, she could barely breathe at the moment.

“I’m not going to lie to you, sweetheart,” Spike murmured as he stroked her cheek with his left hand, tenderly. “I wouldn’t be helping you for any grand or noble reasons. Mostly, I’d help you because I want you more then anything in the world and always will. It’s my curse to want and love you so much, more then ever before. I’ve waited, set back and watched you and plotted for seven years, Buffy. Just to come here, to this point in our lives. When this is all said and done, Princess? I intend on taking you out of here, with me, and away from Riley Finn forever.”

Buffy’s lush little mouth was formed in a stunned, perfect ‘O’ for ‘say what’? Just how was she supposed to answer that one? William had just announced that he intended on ‘saving’ her from Riley Finn, along with her so called little sister. What the hell was she supposed to say and do now?

“Will, I couldn’t…” she began, but he cut her off by slamming his mouth into hers in a bruising, passionate kiss.

Once their lips connected, forcefully, Buffy immediately realized two very important things.

‘One: She should be pulling away from Will, not returning his kisses like she was.’

‘Two: She should be utterly terrified by this onslaught of his affection, but she wasn’t a bit frightened. She was thrilled because she felt safer then she had felt in over seven years.’


‘Oh, and three: Wait a minute, nobody said anything about a three did they?’

Buffy pulled her lips away from William’s long enough to give him her ‘doe in the forest look’ and pant “Will’ or something equally as simple. Before she could say another word, William pulled her head back up so he could reach her lips again with his. After that? Things really got crazy!

Spike practically swept Buffy off of her feet and wrapped her long legs around his waist. The simple, proper skirt she wore slid up around her thighs as he maneuvered her, backwards, onto an empty picnic table.


Fortunately, or unfortunately, it depended on how one looked at it; the entire picnic area was still completely empty. Will and Buffy were the only people there. The local squirrels, chipmunks and possums aside? The couple was the only humans within miles, apparently.
Which really was just as well in the long run.

“Buffy,” Spike groaned lustfully into her little, warm ear. He had loved those ears, they were a part of Buffy and he loved every inch of her. From her golden tresses to her painted pink toenails, Spike had loved, still loved every part of his Buffy.

Spike pressed Buffy’s tiny frame back into the hard wood of the table and ground his hips into her lower body. He was rewarded with a slight, breathy moan from his girl. They kissed each other as if Armageddon was coming and only they knew it.

Without waiting for permission from her, Spike slid his curious left hand up under Buffy’s skirt. He fumbled about with her scanty knickers until he found his target. Her sweet warm and wet cunny would always truly belong only to him.

For her part, Buffy seemed mesmerized by Spike’s heat seeking fingers that sought out her wet core, desperately. She moaned and murmured his name as she writhed underneath his hands and body. All the while, he devoured Buffy’s lips, jaw line and neck as if they were a banquet for a starving man. Of course, Spike was starving for Buffy, as he had been for years.

“Oh, God, Buffy,” Spike groaned huskily, “I’ve waited so long for this. Waited to hold you in my arms again and have you in mine.”

“Will,” Buffy gasped loudly when he slipped another finger into her wet center. “I…” her voice trailed off to silence when William began to pump his fingers into her wetness.

Buffy’s senses were on overload and she felt herself drowning in this glorious memory of her past. Except this was happening in the here and now. This was the present and it was magnificent. William was here with her and all seemed right with the world to Buffy.

‘Home,’ Buffy began to chant, dreamily, in her head as Will’s warm, sweet tongue dueled with hers. ‘This is home,’ she realized with a soft moan. ‘My happy and safe, warm home.’

“Home!” Buffy gasped suddenly as she snapped back into the reality of the present. Her heart broke, instantly, into a thousand pieces.

‘Riley’s home is my house,’ Buffy thought sadly. ‘But, as long as I live with him and under his roof?' I’m chatteled to him like a piece of property.’

Buffy pulled back from William’s sweet kisses, reluctantly. She looked into his open, honest indigo blue eyes with sorrow.

“Home,” Buffy whispered sadly, “I have got to go home, Will.”

“You are home,” Spike growled stubbornly. He had not let go of his tight, vice-like grip on her slim arms. “Your home is with me,” he stated vehemently.

“Not as long as I live with Riley Finn. I can’t do this, Will,” she whimpered. “I can’t make love with you and go back home to sleep with that…” Buffy cringed at the thought of Riley’s name. “I’ll never be home as long as I live with that monster of man,” she finished with a sad sigh.

Spike gazed into Buffy’s soulful green eyes as he pondered his next words. The defeated, anguished look in her eyes nearly killed him inside.

“All right, Princess,” he sighed sorrowfully, “we’ll stop this. For now that is. But I meant what I said,” Spike glared into Buffy’s gorgeous emerald orbs, somberly. “When I leave this fucking hell hole that’s LA? I’m taking you with me. If you want to bring your little sister, then so be it. I swear to God, Buffy,” Spike hissed as he gazed heatedly into her huge, green eyes, “I will not leave this place without you. No matter what it takes, I will save you and anyone you want me to. From Riley Finn that is.”


Buffy scurried back down to the Lincoln, only to be followed by William. They drove back to the Church in complete silence, knowing that they would see each other again at supper in Finn’s house.

Spike watched as Andrew drove Buffy off from the fine Catholic Church. His heart was heavy with the thought of what had not happened on that wooden table in the middle of an empty picnic area.


Buffy and he had come so close to recapturing that wonderful time in San Diego. It killed Spike to know that she was being whisked back to that fucking prison she lived in with Finn.

“I’ll have you with me,” Spike whispered with conviction as he watched the Lincoln disappear from his sight. “You and me will be together Buffy. I promise you that.”


‘Flashback; Spike’s POV’


“Three more fun-filled days of spring break,” Buffy was rambling on. Meanwhile, William’s heart was breaking.

‘Three more bloody magnificent days, and then what?’ He asked himself. ‘Buffy goes back to Santa Barbara and me up to Berkeley? We act like this never happened?’

William Giles was in a complete quandary here. There was no way he was going to let his golden goddess, Buffy, get away from him. Not now, not ever. He loved her with all of his heart and that was that.

‘There’s gotta’ be a way for us to be together. Forever from now on and…’

“Buffy,” William whispered into his girl’s warm little ear. They were lying, naked in their shared bed, sated from their afternoon of love-making. Buffy was still in quasi-sleep, apparently spent from their afternoon passion together.

‘Poor little thing’s worn out,’ William thought, quite proudly that is. ‘I’ve done her in with my passion,’ his poetic side chortled in glee.

“Buffy,” William murmured again into her dear little ear.

“Hmmm,” Buffy purred like a little kitten and snuggled in closer to his naked body.

‘She feels like pure silk,’ William thought happily. He wasn’t the least bit surprised when his cock stood up to attention once again at his Buffy’s pleasant movements against his body.

“Wake up, luv,” William coaxed Buffy from her half-sleep and cuddled her lush little bottom with his hands. “I’ve something to ask you,” he continued in a soft, unsure voice.

“What?” Buffy asked as she stretched and yawned at the same time. This afforded William a better ‘feel’ of her bottom and her whole, sweet little body.

“I’ve been thinking,” he sighed as he nuzzled her forehead with his lips. “When we go back? You and me? After break and all. What do you say that I transfer, down to Santa Barbara University? To be closer to you?”

William was a bit more then surprised when Buffy seemed to flinch, briefly. He was suddenly very insecure and unsure of just what all this time together had meant to her.

“I couldn’t ask you to give up your scholarships to Berkeley, Will,” Buffy whispered softly. “To move closer to me and everything. It wouldn’t be fair to you and…”

“Then transfer to Berkeley,” William stated, anxiously. “Come up and live with me, Buffy. I can’t bear to lose you and even though your school is only a couple of hundred miles from mine? I think I’ll just die of wanting you close and…”

“You do love me, don’t you Will?” Buffy gazed up at him like he was a fucking God or something. “You really do, don’t you?” Her little mouth was formed in a perfect ‘O’ and William found this completely delightful.

“Of course I do, baby,” he murmured gently. “I’d hoped that maybe you love me too and we could maybe live together and…”

“Yes,” Buffy blurted, so softly and suddenly that William thought he’d heard wrong.

“What?” he asked incredulously.

“I said yes,” Buffy giggled quickly and buried her face into his chest. “To everything,” came her muffled reply. “To your hope, that I ‘do’ love you. To moving to Berkeley and living together. I say a great, huge, happy ‘yes’ of course!”

“Oh Buffy!” William squealed in his high-pitched excited tone. “I love you! I’ll always love you!”


‘Present day’


Buffy sat, nervously tapping her wine glass, as Riley rambled on about some business crap. She noted that she was doing a lot of that lately. Nervous tapping of her glass, her right foot and yes, even popping sleeping pills frequently, had become a constant habit for Buffy.

‘Why the hell would Riley discuss business at the dinner table,’ she asked herself in disgust. ‘He never did this before, right?’

Even though she tried not to notice, Buffy ‘felt’ Will’s heated gaze on her. She only hoped that Riley didn’t notice it.

“So when are you and the old ball and chain going to tie the knot, Harrington?” Riley asked Xander with a wicked laugh.

Xander, for his part chuckled good-naturedly and shrugged in indifference.

“Whenever Cordy’s mom decides the date,” the dark haired man replied with a hearty laugh. “It’s all up to the mom’s, you know?” He zeroed in on Riley with a raised, black brow.

“True, I guess,” Riley responded quietly as he eyed Buffy. “I’ve been trying to get Buffy to marry me for years. Make an honest man out of me, but…”

“This is really not a good time to discuss our private life, Riley,” Buffy admonished him, meekly.

Spike said nothing, just continued to stare at Buffy. He tried so hard not to show his inner feelings for her or the resentment that he felt for Riley Finn. If he let on, in any way, that he was hiding some deep, unrequited love for Buffy? Finn could suss it out and they’d all be doomed.

“Riley,” Buffy began in a little girl voice. “I’m not feeling too well,” she continued as she focused on her dinner plate. “I’m going to bed now, okay?”

Riley looked a bit put out, but he nodded and stood up to place a chaste kiss on Buffy’s cheek.

Finn did not see or feel the anger that just radiated off of Spike Sinclair at this little display.

“I’m sorry Alex, Spike,” Buffy muttered without looking at either of the men. “I’ve been under the weather lately and I guess I just need some sleep. Goodnight,” she whispered as she fled the dining hall.

Graham had been watching the whole drama and walked over to his boss. He gave Riley a little nudge and winked at him. “Maybe it’s morning sickness, huh,” he asked his boss with a chuckle.

“I wish,” Riley sighed heavily, oblivious to the rage that was building in Spike. The bleached blond was near livid at this discussion of ‘his’ Buffy.

“If only,” Finn sighed again as he sat back down on his chair. “I’d love for Buffy to be pregnant. Right Graham? But,” he shook his head sadly, “I’m sure she’s not. After all, Buffy would know morning sickness and…” Riley stopped short, suddenly.

He glanced at Alex Harrington, who seemed to be more interested in the art deco on the dining room wall, at this time. Sinclair was not paying any attention to what he was saying at all, so Riley felt confident that neither man caught his little slip about Buffy.

‘I’ve got a feeling that Spike Sinclair is about as interested in Buffy, or any woman, as mud,’ Riley thought smugly. He had Sinclair pretty well figured out from the get go and assumed that the man preferred men to women. So, no real harm was done there. Harrington, on the other hand, seemed devoted to this fiancé of his. Neither man caught his slip up about Buffy and her knowledge of morning sickness. Riley was more then sure of that.


Spike watched Riley excuse himself and say he’d be back in a moment. “I’ve got to check on my girl,” Finn mumbled sheepishly before he left the dining room.

Xander stood up, slowly, from his dining chair and shuffled over to the fireplace mantel. Spike eyed Xander with a raised brow as his partner picked up the picture of Buffy’s little sister, Dawn Summers.

With a puzzled look and confused as hell, Spike watched as Xander perused the picture of the little girl. The dark haired Xander scowled, briefly, and then scrutinized Spike. After looking at Dawn’s picture, then back at he, Spike, then back at the picture, Xander replaced the photo on the mantel, just where he’d found it.

Without so much as a by-your-leave, Xander sat back down at the dining room table and completely ignored Spike from then on in. When Riley returned, Xander picked up the conversation, just where they’d left off. Xander just rambled on, all about their so called business together and the window of opportunity that it afforded.


A/N: I’m off to vacation tomorrow, so I wanted to post this tonight. I hope it’s not too confusing.

I wanted to have Spike offer his help to Buffy, him not knowing that Dawn is his daughter with her. It’s important, really, that Spike wants to help for Buffy’s sake alone. Spike is in the FBI and the truth is he could really help Buffy and Dawn by hiding them out. However, Buffy has to want his help first, right?

Oh, and who is the mystery man who is working undercover with the FBI? It’s not Andrew. Okay, Xander, who I always thought was quite intuitive at times, now knows exactly who Dawn really is. Will he tell Spike? Or will Xander allow Buffy to tell him?

Anyway, I’m off to go camping tomorrow, so everyone have a great week and weekend. Happy 4th of July to the Yanks!

Please read and review, thanks. Luv, Spuf