Author's Chapter Notes:
I"m posting a new chapter right after this to keep the fic going.
Thanks,
spuf
ALL MANNER OF MONSTERS


Chapter 14: ‘Family Ties’


Summary: Buffy comes up with a plan to help Spike and a way to stay clear of Riley, herself.

Spike and Buffy bond even more (yum).

Spike and Buffy bond with their daughter, Dawn, even though they are hesitant on enlightening the girl as to her and their true identity.


Chapter 14:


Buffy woke up to the sound of the birds chirping just outside of the hotel window. She stretched slowly and glanced over at her still sleeping lover, William. When she moved, as gently as possible, he flinched, apparently at the loss of her warm body next to his.

“Don’t even think of getting out of this bed,” Spike muttered in a sleepy, raspy morning voice. He grabbed Buffy around the waist and pulled her warm little body back into his. “My eyes may be closed, Princess, but I’m wide awake, believe me.”

“I have no doubt of that,” Buffy giggled when she ‘felt’ the evidence of just how wide awake Will’s long hard shaft was.

Spike buried his face into Buffy’s neck and began to rub his cock against the soft curls between her thighs. As he nibbled his way, with his lips, up Buffy’s sweet neck, he continued to gyrate his shaft against her lovely cunny.

“Time for breakfast,” he growled softly. Without waiting another second, Spike thrust into Buffy.

“Will,” Buffy gasped in pleasure as he slowly pulled out of her, and then pushed back in.

“Feel so good baby,” he whispered into Buffy’s ear. Spike licked and kissed her delicious little lobe and continued to pump in and out of her, agonizingly slowly.

“Love you,” Spike purred into Buffy’s welcoming mouth.

“Love you,” she replied, thrusting her hips up to meet his.

They were rudely interrupted by the sound of Buffy’s cell phone that she had left, carefully, on the nightstand beside the bed.

“Do not even think of answering that,” Spike growled in warning as he plunged back into Buffy’s warm cunny.

“Have to,” Buffy pouted between pants, “it might be…” She stopped short of saying the dreaded name of Riley.

“Fuck!” Spike hissed as he pulled off of her and fell against the bed on his back. He tried not to glare at Buffy, but he did give her an accusing glance or two.

“Hello Riley,” Buffy greeted her so-called fiancé on the cell.

“I’m okay,” Spike heard Buffy whisper softly as he slipped out of the bed and reached for a cigarette. He flopped back down, next to Buffy and lit up his smoke.

“I’m fine, really,” Buffy mumbled into the cell, eyeing Will nervously. “No, I haven’t told Dawnie anything really, not yet. For God’s sake Riley,” Buffy sighed in exasperation, “my daughter is six-years-old! How can I just waltz up here, after all this time, and inform her that I’m her mommy, not her older sister? Jesus Riley, are you really that dense!”

“Now don’t get all mega mas macho on my Finn,” Buffy spat into the phone. “Just because you decide to finally accept my child doesn’t mean that I’m going to traumatize her any more then she has to be. I’ll tell Dawnie the truth, eventually, but not today. By the way,” Buffy added, “I have called mom and dad; told them about our wedding plans and…”

Spike flinched, visibly, and openly glared at Buffy through narrowed eyes. He was surprised when his girl just winked at him and smiled wickedly.

Buffy placed her finger to his lips and silently ordered him to ‘shush’ for a minute. With a shake of her golden head, she went back to the conversation with Finn.

“What I’m trying to say is that mom and dad are so excited about our wedding, Riley. But there’s a hitch here. They want to be around for the ceremony and they would like me to stick around up here, in Sunnydale for a while. Oh, about a week or two? Mom is itching to sell the house and Dad thinks I can whip it into shape in the next couple of weeks. No, Riley, I know you hate Sunnydale and all, so I don’t expect you to show up and stay with me. Visit? Well, yeah, sure, I guess, if you can. In the meantime, it will give me enough time to tell Dawnie the truth and ease her into the whole new family thing, right?”

“You know Andrew is up here, with me, Riley. I’ll be fine. I think a change in scenery will do Andrew good too, you know? He’s still quite distraught over Warren Meers just up and leaving him for New York. Yes, I knew about that, Riley. Andrew is my friend, not just an employee of yours.”

“Yeah, you too,” Buffy whispered softly. Spike knew exactly what she was responded to.

‘Fuck is telling her that he loves her and she’s supposed to jump to and agree. I hate that fucking bastard,’ he cringed as if Buffy’s response to Finn was verbal slap to himself.

Buffy clicked off the cell phone and tossed it on the floor, next to her side of the big bed. She slid down and settled back into William, noticing immediately that his body was rigid and tense.

“I really did call my folks, in Spain, last night,” Buffy mumbled half-heartedly. They’ve wanted to sell the house for years now and…”

“I don’t want that fucking bastard to ever touch you again, Buffy,” Spike hissed without even looking at her. “If he puts his fucking hands on you, in any way I’ll snap his bloody neck in two!”

“Will,” Buffy sighed as she snuggled against him and placed his hands on her own hips. “I don’t want Riley to ever touch me again, that way, either. He’s a monster, I’m more then aware of that, especially now. Don’t you see? I’m buying myself time away from him, by staying here in Sunnydale and using the house as an excuse to.”

Spike turned to face her, pulling her little naked body up closer to his own. “Why can’t I just use my connections, at the Bureau, and hide you and our daughter out? Somewhere safe, where Finn can’t touch either of you?”

Buffy buried her face into Will’s strong chest and tried so very hard not to cry. She had to be brave; for him, for Dawn and for herself.

“Because,” she choked out, “as long as Riley Finn is around? He is a dangerous threat to all of us, Will. Especially to our daughter. You have to take him down, Will. You and Alec. By-the-way,” she asked shyly, “is that really ‘his’ name. Alec’s I mean?”

“No,” Spike replied sheepishly, “it’s actually Alexander, Xander really. He’s a good man and good friend, Buffy. I know you’re right, truly. We need to take Finn down, completely, and destroy him and his empire. None of us will be safe until that’s done. I just can’t stand the thought of him touching you,” he choked out in a strangled voice. “I just…”

“Don’t worry,” Buffy whispered tenderly, stroking his blond curls gently. “Even if Riley decides to show up, out here in Sunnydale? Which I really doubt; he hates my hometown. Anyway,” she continued evenly, “I have a way to keep him away from me, physically that is,” she finished with a blush.

“How?” Spike asked harshly before he took a long drag on his smoke. He did so not like the direction this conversation was going. The very thought of that fucking prick touching his Buffy; taking her and making love to her? It was killing Spike, by inches.

“I’m Catholic, Riley knows that, of course, and even though he and I have been living together, in sin, for years? I have an ace up my sleeve,” she murmured bashfully.

Spike was rubbing her back, tenderly, his hands making small, soothing circles there. He wanted to believe that Buffy could stay away from Finn, just until the FBI could nail the stupid fuck. But that did seem like a lot to hope for.


“All’s Riley cares about now,” Buffy began carefully, “is that I’ve agreed to marry him. If I tell him that I want to wait, for our actual wedding night, to you know, consummate the marriage? He’ll buy into it. I know it. It’s not far from the truth because Riley knows I've been talking to Father Johnathan about things. Like I said,” she nodded her head as if to confirm her own words, “Riley will have to go along with this. If he doesn’t? I can always make him think that I’ll postpone the wedding indefinitely and…”

“Okay,” Spike rasped, “just as long as he doesn’t touch you, ever again. I’ll push up the investigation and try to nail the son-of-a-bitch as soon as possible. We’re more then certain that he killed Warren Meers, or had him murdered. In fact, we’re sure of it. Meers was working with Angel O’Connor. Yeah,” the blond man gazed at a surprised Buffy, “that O’Connor. He’s a mole, Buffy. For the FBI and Meers was working with him to bring Riley down.”

“Will,” Buffy interrupted quietly, “I know you have to make appearances, down in LA? But do you think you could make the trip up here, to Sunnydale, while I am here anyway? As much as possible even if…”

“I’ll drive back every night if I can,” he replied in a husky voice. “God, Buffy, I love you so much. I can’t be away from you anymore. Don’t you see that?”

“I do,” she replied shyly, giggling when he kissed her ticklish place on her neck.

“God, I love you,” he murmured into her neck.

“I love you,” she repeated back to him. “Now,” she began in her most serious Buffy voice, “I believe we were about to have breakfast?”

After they made love, once again, Spike and Buffy lay entwined together. Since they were both sated, already, from the morning’s activities, Buffy found it hard to keep her eyes open. However, she finally got up the nerve to ask William a very important question.

“Will, you’re with the FBI and all, so you have to know something about my dad, right?” Buffy’s voice trailed off weakly. As much as she needed to know about her father’s dealings with Riley and his family; Will’s answers would probably terrify her.

Spike had been afraid of these questions from Buffy and he was no more ready to answer them now then before. He sighed heavily and reached for his cigarettes, laying on the night stand next to the bed.

“Mind if I smoke,” he asked her quietly, relieved when she shook her blond head ‘no’ in reply.

He lit his smoke and took a nice, calming drag on it. With his right arm, he pulled Buffy closer to him, even though he stared up at the ceiling.

“Your dad,” he began hesitantly, “Finn has a lot on him Buffy. It’s why your mom and dad had to flee the country. At least ‘we’ think so anyway.”

“We, meaning the FBI?” Buffy asked cautiously.

“Yes,” Spike answered her, honestly. “Oh God baby,” he murmured, “The Bureau has so much shit on your dad and all. It’s probably what Finn holds over your parents. How the bloody prick coerced your folks into turning you over to him in the first place.”

Spike stubbed out his cigarette and turned to face Buffy again, wrapping both of his arms about her. He felt like shit for having to tell her this, but she did ask and well, Spike really hated Buffy’s father for what he’d done to her; and them.

“Tell me,” Buffy whispered ordered weakly. “I need to know, Will,” she assured him.

“Well, there’s a file, on your dad, about five inches thick. We’re sure that Hank Summers instigated, or maybe even murdered a very important circuit judge, back in New York. I’m sorry baby, but that’s just the tip of the iceberg, where your dad is concerned.”

If he expected Buffy to gasp, cry or act surprised, Spike was sadly disappointed. Instead, his girl just nodded and sighed sadly.

“I thought as much,” she mumbled under her breath. “It had to be big,” she continued. “For Daddy to turn me over to Riley like he did. I always knew that Riley had something big on Daddy, something real big,” she finished with resentment.

“God,” she groaned miserably. “My family is truly fucked up, isn’t it?” When she finally could look at William, she noticed the look of compassion in his lovely blue eyes.

“Probably no more then a lot of peoples’ families, sweetheart,” he whispered, kissing her forehead. “My own isn’t exactly stellar, but at least they legitimate, I guess,” he finished sourly.

Buffy suddenly bolted up from the bed and gasped. “Oh my God!” she cried in realization. “Rupert Giles is you’re what? Father?” It suddenly all came together in Buffy’s naïve mind. William was related to Rupert Giles, the FBI guy that Riley hated with a passion. As far as Riley was concerned, Rupert was his biggest nemesis.

“Yeah, baby,” Spike muttered, “that’s dear old dad I’m afraid. Can’t say he’s the perfect father figure, but he’s…”

“Oh, Will,” Buffy sighed, sinking back down onto the bed and into his arms. “We can’t pick our parents, can we? But, we can choose to love them, if they deserve it that is. I hope your parents deserve you, Will,” she added, snuggling into him. “You are a good man, William, I know that. Now anyway.”

“I want to be, for you and our child,” Spike murmured into her soft, golden hair. “I love you so much Buffy, always have. If you only knew how I searched for you; wanted, no, needed to find you. I can’t lose you again, you hear,” he rasped harshly as he pulled her face up to meet his gaze.

“Never, never leave me again, Buffy,” he ordered. “I mean it,” he finished fiercely. “If you leave me again; take our daughter away from again? I’ll scour every corner of this earth to find you and…”

“I’m not going anywhere, silly,” Buffy stated, trying so hard to be serious. She couldn’t help it; she burst out into laughter at the fierce, serious look on Will’s handsome face.

“Promise,” Spike ordered forcefully.

“I promise,” Buffy giggled. “Oh,” she added cheerfully, “I told Dawn break her out of school today. Said I’d take her to the Sunnydale Zoo. Wanna’ go with?” She asked in a hopeful, childish tone.

“Just try and stop me from going with,” Spike replied. “The only problem we might have is keeping me from shooting off my big mouth. About being Dawn’s father and all,” he added sincerely.

“She’s not ready for that yet,” Buffy sighed in frustration. “Believe me, I wish I could tell Dawnie, everything today. But I can’t. I’m afraid of what it might do to her, emotionally.”

“I know,” Spike said with regret. “But as soon as she’s ready to know,” he continued, “I want to be there. When you tell her everything. She’s mine, Buffy,” he reminded he. “You both are.”


“I love the lions best!” Dawn Summers gushed as she pointed at the great beasts in the exhibit. The Sunnydale Zoo was one of Dawn’s favorite places, especially since the owners made it a point to recreate the animals’ natural habitats as best they could.

A great male lion was sauntering around the wooded enclosure, possibly looking for his mate, Buffy noted gleefully. All the while that she held Dawn’s hand, Buffy watched William from the corner of her eye. He seemed mesmerized by the whole ‘family’ outing thing, even if it was all so new to him.

“He’s looking for his wife,” Dawnie whispered mischievously to Spike. “See how he struts about? That’s his way of showing off for his wife,” she giggled merrily.

“You sure know a lot about lions, Bit,” Spike replied in a hushed voice, not wanting to upset the great maned beast.

“I do,” Dawn responded proudly. “I can draw them, real well too. Buffy says I’m the best drawer there is!”

“She must get it from her father,” Buffy mumbled without thinking clearly.

“Silly, Buffy,” Dawn chuckled, “Daddy can’t draw. You know that,” the small girl laughed at the notion. Hank Summers was a terrible artist, everyone knew that, even Dawn.

“I know,” Buffy whispered with a bright red blush on her face. “I…”

“Let’s go see the monkeys for a while, eh Bit?” Spike interjected, saving Buffy from her faux pas. “Then we’ll come back and see if old Leo the King of the Jungle’s found his mate yet, yeah?”

“Okay Mr. Spike,” Dawn replied quickly. “I’m really glad you came with Buffy,” she added, slipping her hand out of Buffy’s and into Spike’s larger one. “I like you, Spike,” she finished as she walked with the blond man. “I like that you call me ‘Bit’ too,” she giggled shyly.

Buffy watched her lover and their daughter walk just ahead of her, hand-in-hand. She realized that she had never been so happy in her entire life. At least since seven years before, in San Diego.


A/N: A little Spuffy filler before shit hits the fan, back in LA.

Thank you for reading and please review, spufette.