Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading and please review. This almost finished.
Chapter 24: ‘Retribution’


Summary: Retribution is explained in the dictionary as: Something given; in most cases as just punishment or repayment/recompense.

Riley just may get what’s coming to him!

A/N: This is almost done now; I hope you read and enjoy. Thanks, spufette.





“You’ve got to be fucking kidding!” Riley laughed loudly; a nasty smirk on his mouth. He directed his sarcasm at Andrew, his gofer, who now pointed a Magnum 357 at his head.

“When did you get some balls, Andy?” Riley asked as he took a step closer to the young man at the study door.

“Move away from Miss Summers, Mr. Finn,” Andrew rasped, his pale eyes scanned the situation as he challenged Riley with his stern glare. As always, Andrew’s demeanor was polite etiquette, to the end.

“Please, Mr. Finn, I will ask you again to remove your foot from Miss Summers’ chest and move away from her,” Andrew ordered his employer again.

“As for my balls?” Andrew stammered with a bright red blush. “I’ve always had them,” he finished with a frown. “I’m just good at hiding them from time to time,” the fair-haired man smirked at his employer. “Right now, I’ve decided to show them in public.”

“Right,” Riley drawled as he finally removed his booted foot from Buffy’s chest. “What? You’re full of piss and vinegar because you have a magnum Andy? That makes you a real man, right?” Riley chuckled and began to close the gap between Andrew and himself.

“Please Mr. Finn,” Andrew rasped as he pointed his gun at Riley’s right kneecap. “I’ll ask you to not step any closer to myself or Miss Summers and Mr. Giles.” Andrew tried to look as menacing as possible, even though his hand that held the gun gave his inner fear away. Andrew’s gun hand trembled, visibly.

“So even you know who this fuck really is,” Riley growled at Andrew, his glare was directed at Spike.

“I do,” Andrew admitted with a nod of his fair head. “I’m rather proud to say that I had a hand in Mr. Giles’ and Miss Buffy’s reunion. In fact, I instigated it,” Andrew finished smugly, his gun now pointed, again at Riley’s big head.

“This is bullshit,” Riley snarled as he pulled out a cell phone from his pant’s pocket. He hit a speed dial button and held the phone up to his ear, carefully watching Andrew while he did.

“You’ll be sorry you were ever born Andrew,” Riley grumbled.

“If you’re planning on calling Graham or Forrest, Mr. Finn, don't bother. I wouldn’t bother,” Andrew stated evenly. Andrew pulled a cell phone out of his own pocket and held it up for everyone to see.

“What the fuck,” Riley muttered when he heard Graham’s cell ringtone; White Zombie’s Astrocreep, play out of the phone in Andrew’s hand.

“Let’s just say Graham and Forrest are ‘indisposed’ at the moment,” Andrew chuckled, tossing the useless phone on a nearby table.

“What the fuck did you do to Graham and…..” Riley asked in total shock. “What the fuck is this!” Finn roared, totally unprepared for this turn of events.

“This is retribution, Mr. Finn,” Andrew replied evenly. “This is pay back to you, for all of the monstrous acts you’ve committed. As for your men?”

“I stopped them from doing their master’s bidding, this time,” Andrew rasped. “At least this time I ‘could’ stop them,” he added sadly. “It’s too late for Warren, but…..”

“What did you do, Andrew?” Buffy asked softly, almost afraid to hear the answer. She gazed at William who surprisingly, did not seem all that surprised by this nuclear Andrew who stood before them.

“They’re locked up, in the parlor, Miss Summers,” Andrew grinned proudly at Buffy, then Spike. “I, shall we say, took the two men by surprise and delivered my own brand of a Vulcan death grip, simultaneously on them both.” Andrew beamed smugly at Riley who looked as if he was about to drop dead of a heart attack.

Spike was not in the least bit surprised by Andrew’s new sense of bravado. ‘It’s always the quiet, unassuming ones,’ Spike thought to himself. ‘They always turn out to be the heroes,’ he nearly laughed out loud at this ironic realization.

“Mr. Harris, that’s Mr. Harrington’s true name, Finn,” Andrew began. “I rang him and told him what was going on. He and your father’s men should be here soon, Mr. Spike.”

“Why?” Riley muttered harshly. “I hired you,” he stammered, still shocked by this turn of events. “I took you into this house and gave you a good living. How could you turn against me Andrew?” Riley looked as if he was at death’s door (he has no idea!).

“You murdered Warren you monster,” Andrew whispered. “You may not have pulled the trigger but you ordered your minions to do it. I loved him,” the young man wailed, “and you killed him without a second thought!”

“You fucking little maggot,” Riley spat viciously at Andrew, ignoring the gun in his shaky hand. “You’d betray me for a loser like Warren Meers? And them?” He pointed at Spike and Buffy who just sat, gazing at each other, lovingly.

“Betray you! You fucking piece of shit!” Andrew gasped just before he broke out into derisive laughter. “Me betray you? After what you’ve done, you can call ‘me’ a maggot? You stupid asshole! You murdered the man I loved; held Miss Summers hostage by threatening Miss Dawn and you have the fucking gall to say ‘I’ betrayed you?”

Andrew cocked the magnum and steadied his aim to directly between Riley’s eyes. “Say your prayers, Finn,” Andrew hissed; his defiant blue eyes held Riley’s brown ones.

“Don’t do this, Andrew, please,” Buffy whimpered softly from her position on the couch. “If you shoot Riley? They’ll consider it murder and…..” She looked to her lover, William, begging him silently with her green eyes.

“Do something. Talk Andrew out of this, Will, please,” she murmured evenly.

“Andrew, boy, don’t do this,” Spike ordered the young man, gently. “Finn’s not worth it and Buffy is right. If you kill him? You’ll go to trial and…..”

“And if I don’t?” Andrew asked with a tilt of his head, his eyes never leaving Riley’s. “Say I just tie him up; free you two and let the so called law take its course? What then? Riley here gets a hot shot lawyer to shorten a mandatory sentence and he’s out of Federal prison in a few years. Then what?”

“Then what!” Andrew roared angrily. “Do you think that any of our lives will be worth spit when this miserable fuck gets out of jail? Miss Buffy? What do you say?”

“I…..” Buffy began defensively but she couldn’t finish; Andrew’s truthful words hit home too hard for her.

“Andrew,” Spike interjected, “Finn’s not worth it,” he repeated. “I swear to God, he’ll go to jail for a long, long time and ‘if’ he ever gets out? He probably won’t even remember any of us.”

Spike watched Andrew, carefully, trying to clock his next move. The FBI agent’s stomach sunk when he read the hatred in Andrew’s face and realized that he’d never be able to talk the man out of anything now.

“I’m going to give you something you probably never gave anyone, Finn,” Andrew muttered gruffly.

“What would that be, boy?” Riley asked roughly, his brown eyes full of unusual fear.

“I’m going to let you pray to your God before I blow your head off, asshole,” Andrew replied calmly. “You’ve got until the count of ten, Mr. Finn,” he added with a leer. “Starting now.”

“One…” Andrew began quietly, his gun still aimed at Riley’s head.

“Andrew, please,” Buffy whispered, her face was white as a ghost’s.

“Two…” Andrew said calmly.

“Don’t do this Andrew; let the law take care of it and….” Spike pleaded with him. Even though he was gazing at Buffy, lovingly, trying to reassure her.

“Three…” Andrew continued evenly, “you’d better start praying for your immortal soul, Finn,” he advised. “You’ve got a lot to beg forgiveness for and…..”

“You fucking little prick,” Riley interrupted in a high-pitched voice. Riley suddenly seemed very nervous. “Like you have the balls to shoot me? You’re as weak as your boyfriend, Meers! You don’t have the fucking nuts to kill a flea you…..”

“Ten…” Andrew stated evenly as he pulled the trigger of the magnum.

Buffy heard the gunshot; heard William’s gruff curse of ‘oh bloody Christ’ and heard the gun hit the floor with a loud thump.

When she felt the warm, wet rush of Riley’s blood and brains splatter all over her pretty dress and the expensive couch? Buffy began to scream uncontrollably.


A/N: This fiction has gone on way way longer then I had planned and I apologize. There is one more chapter and perhaps an epilogue left.

Thanks for reading and please, please review, spufette.