Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you, to all readers and reviewers.
I've been so busy in my RL that I've lapsed on updates here.
I'm finishing Dance of the Mates, like tonight and submitting it tomorrow.
Thanks again.
Luv, Spuf
ALL MANNER OF MONSTERS


Chapter 7: ‘Found Out About You’


“Oh God,” Buffy moaned into her hand. “Oh dear God,” she repeated in anguish. Her heart felt like it was breaking, or at least cracking in two.

“No, Miss Summers,” Andrew almost whimpered, “don’t be afraid. Like I said, your secret is safe with me. I promise, honest,” the earnest young man mumbled. His fair blue eyes were sympathetic and seem to glisten with remorseful tears.

“Riley,” Buffy gasped in fear. “If you have figured out whom Dawn’s father is? Then Riley will surely be able to put two and two together and…”

“No Miss,” Andrew shook his fair head. “Although the photographs of Miss Dawn are of very high quality? A picture doesn’t always capture the essence, the very soul of the subject. Even a fine photograph of Miss Dawn could not capture her soulful blue eyes. I am the only member of this household, or Mr. Finn’s employ, I believe, that has ever seen Miss Dawnie up close and in person.”

Andrew was trying to reassure his employer’s girlfriend that Riley Finn had not caught the resemblance between Mr. Spike Sinclair and Buffy’s mystery daughter. Buffy looked as if she was going to faint dead away at any moment.

As he patted Buffy’s arm, gently in comfort, Andrew tried to explain Mr. Finn’s ignorance to the truth. Riley Finn may have been a savvy ‘business’ man, but he was no real genius. Not instinctive at all, really. There was no way that Mr. Riley could catch the connection between Dawn and Spike Sinclair.

“Mr. Finn has never really met Miss Dawn, correct?” Andrew asked Buffy. “Not in person anyway, right?” His voice was a low, secretive whisper.

“No,” Buffy replied in a raspy voice. “Riley detests the thought of my poor daughter,” Buffy hissed, her green eyes were wide in fear and Andrew felt horrible for even exposing his suspicions.

“I think that a person would have to actually ‘see’ Miss Dawn. I mean to really notice the connection between her and Mr. Sinclair. I’m sure that Mr. Finn has no idea who his ‘guest’ in Los Angeles truly is to you.”

“If Riley ever even suspected who ‘Spike’ really is, Andrew?” Buffy murmured fearfully. “He’d kill him without a second thought. Then he would go after my baby, Dawn, in some awful way. Riley would do that,” Buffy’s tone was desperate and strained, her green eyes wild with terror. “You know that, right?”

“Yes, Miss,” Andrew mumbled in reply, his blue eyes focused on the expensive hardwood floor beneath them. “Mr. Finn is a certainly ‘that’ manner of a monster. He would hurt you, out of revenge and certainly he would harm Mr. Sinclair. However,” Andrew stammered, then seemed to think better of it and changed the subject.

“Why don’t you go on up to bed, Miss Buffy,” Andrew advised his employer, gently. “You’ve had such a hard day and maybe some sleep will help things look a bit ‘clearer’ in the morning?”

Buffy was less then reassured by the time she and Andrew had finished their revealing conversation. However, she hurried up to the master bedroom and readied for bed. She lay in the king sized bed, tossing and turning for hours, before she finally took a sleeping pill to somewhat relax. Riley had done as she asked and left the mansion, presumably to go to his club, alone.

“I hope the miserable fuck passes out drunk at that stupid club of his,” Buffy hissed into the empty bedroom. Her tummy was tied up in knots as she thought of her captor, Riley Finn with hatred.

“I’ve got to ‘talk’ with Father Donatelli, tomorrow at confession,” she told herself. “I have to be completely honest with him and really listen to his advice. No matter how difficult it might be to hear.” The sleeping pill Buffy had popped, minutes before, finally took affect and she fell into a fitful sleep.

Spike sat in his rented car, a Cadillac for fuck’s sake! He hated these bloody cars, truly. Only because he was more of a renaissance man at heart. His beloved, classic DeSoto was on blocks, in storage, back in Maryland.

Right now, Spike was staring, sullenly of course, at Riley Finn’s huge mansion. The stupid fuck, Finn, had left the house, over two hours ago. Without his girlfriend and driven by that fuck Graham, for some reason. Spike knew that Buffy was completely alone in the huge, ugly house. Well, alone except for the goons that Riley hired to watch the place. Servants, including Andrew were in there, this much Spike knew for sure. It was Andrew, the gofer guy, that had called him, Spike, on his cell phone only an hour or so before this.

“Mr. Sinclair,” Andrew had greeted Spike nervously. “I hope it’s all right, that I called you on your cell phone number that you left with me? I wanted to let you know that Miss Summers will be attending early Mass tomorrow, and confession. I’ll be driving her myself and…”

Spike was a little surprised at this Andrew bloke. He seemed a little ‘out there’ to the undercover FBI agent. Andrew’s loyalty lay with Buffy, that was more then apparent, but why? There was no doubt in Spike’s mind that Andrew had no romantic interest in Buffy Summers. What was it that Andrew had told Spike, just days before, when the younger man had made it clear that he was on Buffy’s side?

“When I see the portrait of a lovely young woman, or a sculpture of Venus herself?” Andrew had tried to explain to Spike. “I appreciate the innate, creative beauty of the piece. However,” Andrew had continued, “let me gaze at Michelangelo’s sculpture of ‘David’ or scan a picture of Tom Cruise? Well, my heart stands still and I feel a passion that even I cannot describe.”

Andrew was, Spike had realized, the real ‘go to’ guy at Riley Finn’s huge house. Spike had immediately decided that this Andrew was not only trustworthy, but that he would probably cut of his right arm for Buffy and her little sis.

Spike watched the Finn mansion with mixed feelings. He hated the fact that Buffy was ensconced in that huge mausoleum of a house, but…

‘Why doesn’t she leave the bloody pillock?’ Spike asked himself as he lit another cigarette. ‘I mean, if she’s so fucking miserable here? Isn’t in love with this asshole, Finn? Even Andrew hints that Buffy is unhappy and well trapped in this relationship. But why does she live with him, then?’

It was a fucking mystery, even to Spike why Buffy stayed with Riley Finn. Or, for that matter, why the fuck did she ever get with him in the first place. If it wasn’t for his love; money or even his status and prestige? Then why was his Buffy with Riley Finn? Did Riley Finn hold some all encompassing power over Buffy? If he did, then what was it and did it have to do with that poor little sister of hers?

‘Flashback…Spike’s POV’


As soon as William woke up, in Buffy’s bed, he realized two very important things.

One: He was falling in love with Buffy Winters, quickly, crazily and completely.

Two: He wanted them to be together from now on, constantly and totally.

This meant that William would either talk Buffy into staying with him at his hotel, or he’d stay here with her. Which, in truth, probably meant the latter.

‘Buffy is not going to leave this joint for a downgrade like Scott’s and my hotel room,’ he reasoned.

“Why are you scowling mister?” Buffy whispered with a slight smirk.

William had been so deep in thought that he missed seeing his angel wake up from her sleep. Buffy was now staring at him, her green eyes wide in wonder and her lush mouth tilted up at the corners.

“Was it that bad?” Buffy asked breathily, but gave herself away with a tiny giggle.

“Hell no!” William gasped in shock at the thought that his golden goddess would even consider such an absurd idea.

“Our love making was incredible, baby,” William gushed, a little calmer now as he snuggled Buffy to him.

“Then why with the frowny face, Will?” Buffy asked him in a coy little voice.

He felt her wriggle her naked front side against his and moaned in pleasure from it.

“Just plotting,” William grinned down at her radiant face. “That and thinkin’ about how beautiful you are and wondering what the bloody hell you’re doing a bum like me?”

Buffy slapped at his bare chest, playfully and sighed. “You are so not a bum, William Giles,” she giggled again. “And what do you mean by ‘plotting’ sir?”

William chuckled at the ‘confused’ expression that now adorned his lovely Buffy’s face. He decided to just come out and say it, right off.

“I’m plotting a way to get you to stay with me, somehow, for the rest of spring break, luv,” he admitted. He felt his face grow hot from a blush as his insecurities began to overwhelm him.

He chided himself. ‘What if she doesn’t really care for me and…’

“That’s simple,” Buffy broke into his nervous inner conversation. “Move in here, with me.” She gave her slim shoulders a quick shrug, but her green eyes beamed with excitement. Her smile was dazzling to William.

“You sure?” William asked Buffy, anxiously. “I mean, I want to be with you, 24/7 and all, but I don’t want to invade your space and…” he was rambling, almost incoherently. Buffy must have understood what he meant, however, because she broke out into bright laughter.

“Yes, Will,” she sigh in contentment, “I’m very, very sure. I don’t think you could invade my space and since you have a roomie at your hotel? Well, we don’t want to inconvenience him, right? Willow will be with Tara the entire time we’re here so it makes more sense, right. For you to move in here, huh?”

“Right, it does,” William sighed in relief as he cuddled Buffy even closer to his body. A body, which had become quite ‘awake’ at the moment. Especially his cock, which once again, was at full attention.

“Buffy,” William whispered into her warm little ear. He desperately tried to ignore his erection, for a moment anyway, while he tried to tell her how he felt.

“I’m going to be straight with you, Princess,” he began hesitantly. He then seemed to gain confidence as he continued.

“This thing we have, you and me?” He lifted her little chin and tenderly brought her green-eyed gaze up to meet his.

Buffy’s eyes looked like huge, gorgeous green emeralds at the moment. William suddenly felt very unsure and nervous about his next words, but he soldiered on, bravely. Buffy’s expression was a bit unsure and confused at present.

“I think, no, I know I’m falling in love with you Buffy,” William managed to mumble out his feelings. No mere feat considering he’d never said that to any girl, ever. His heart was beating so hard and fast, that William was concerned it might just break his chest.

Buffy, he noticed, didn’t look too very shocked, upset or worried at this life-altering revelation of his. In fact, he noted, she looked almost relieved.

Now it was William Giles turn to be ‘confused’ at the turn of events. He gazed at her, his blue eyes wide in puzzlement and just waited for his Buffy to say something in response.

“Well?” He finally mumbled the question with a raised left brow.

“Well what,” Buffy murmured back, stroking his chest, tenderly, with her long fingers.

“Bloody hell, Buffy,” William groaned in exasperation. “A bloke lays here, stark arse naked in bed with you and says he loves you! Can’t you say something in response? You can't say anything at all?” He realized, immediately, that he was babbling like a complete idiot. This was so very important to him, though and here she was, the little minx, lying there. Looking like a goddess and…

Buffy sighed, heavily, causing William to feel extremely nervous again. He steeled himself for the big ‘disappointment’ that he was sure was coming at him.

“I was just thinking,” Buffy sighed once more as she snaked her long arm about his lower back. Her tiny left hand rested on his bare ass and she gave it an affectionate little squeeze.

“It certainly took you long enough to tell ‘that’ to me, William Giles. I guess it took me seducing you into my bed to get you to admit it to me, huh?” Buffy burst out into delightful laughter and slapped his bare bottom playfully with her open palm. Her emerald eyes danced in delight.

“You little minx,” William growled loudly, but he laughed just as loud, too. As he rolled Buffy onto her back and pinned her down with his body, he began to pepper her face and neck with hot, passionate kisses.

“Don’t you want me to say something back, Will,” Buffy squealed through musical laughter.

“When you’re ready to, Princess,” William murmured, huskily, into her ear. “You will. I know it.”

‘She does care for me,’ William assured himself as thrust into her sweet cunny with his very hard cock.

‘We’ll be together, from now on. Inseparable, even after this break thing is over.’ William had no doubt that all of his thoughts would turn out to be true.

As it turned out, however, he had been wrong on all counts.


‘End flashback’


Spike sat, staring at the huge, rather ugly house that belonged to Riley Finn. His mood had swung, in the last three hours, from melancholy to angry. Then back to melancholy again and straight down to depressed.

The arrival of Finn’s huge black car alerted Spike of the master’s return home. Spike felt like leaping out of his own car and throwing himself on Riley’s fucking limo as it pulled slowly into the long driveway.

“A limo, for Christ’s sake,” Spike hissed in contempt. “This guy is a real pompous arse and a fucking moron. And…..,” he continued to growl as he slumped down in the front seat.

Once Finn’s car had disappeared into the back of the mansion property, Spike raised up and glared, once more at the huge house.
His depressed state suddenly change back into angry mode, fueled no doubt, by the thoughts of Finn and Buffy. They're up there, together. The both of them, up there in bed together. Upstairs, in ‘their’ cozy little bedroom.

Spike gripped the steering wheel so tightly with his hands that they turned whiter then usual. He took some calming breaths and then lit another cigarette.

“What manner of monster are ‘you’ Buffy? What inner demon keeps you with him?” He inquired of the empty night air as he stared at the upper floor of the house. “Why would you live with a man like Riley Finn?”

Of course, Spike had no idea of where Buffy’s bedroom was located in this huge monstrosity of house. However, he didn’t have to possess too much of an imagination to figure out where Riley headed right to. Once he got inside the house.

The thought of Buffy sharing a bed with that evil, fuckhead of a monster Riley Finn made Spike physically ill. Buffy, Spike’s golden goddess was sleeping with the devil himself.

“Why? How could you do this, baby?” Spike asked the question again as silent tears slipped down his cheek.
The other night, when Spike had confronted Buffy on the patio of Finn’s fine palace, he knew something was off with her. She wasn’t just nervous or embarrassed by being confronted by an ex-lover. No, Buffy was terrified, Spike could sense that. Spike had a growing bad feeling in the pit of his gut that Buffy was there, in Finn Manor, because she was forced into it. Not because she wanted to be.

“I’ll find out why, Princess,” Spike whispered at the LA night air outside of his rented car window. “If it kills me, I’ll figure out why you stay with this fucking monster. I will find you out, Buffy Summers.”


‘Found Out About You’


(By the Gin Blossoms)

‘All last summer in case you don’t recall
I was yours and you were mine, forget it all
Is there a line that I could write
Sad enough to make you cry
All the lines you wrote to me, they were lies

The months roll past the love that you struck dead
Did you love me only in my head?
Things you said and did to me
Seemed to come so easily
The love I thought I’d won you give for free

Whispers in the bus stop
I heard about nights out in the school yard
I found out about you

Rumors follow everywhere you go
Like when you left and I was last to know
You’re famous now and there’s no doubt
In all the places you hang out
They know your name and know what you’re about

Street lights blink on through the car window
I get the time too often on AM radio
You know it’s all I think about
I write your name, drive past your house
Your boyfriend’s over I watch your light go out

Whispers at the bus stop
I heard about nights out in the school yard
I found out about you
I found out about you
I found out about you’


A/N: I hope readers like the way I’m writing Andrew in this fiction. He ‘is’ very important to the plot and a true ally of Buffy’s. I know he’s a bit prim and proper, the way I’m writing him, but I enjoyed his character so much on the show and he just seemed so old school to me sometimes.

Anyway, next chapter…the Spuffy meeting at confession.

Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf