Author's Chapter Notes:
It has been brought to my attention; that I'm not an englicsh wiz(LOL). I use Microsoft Word, so it catches most of my gramatical errors, but still some slip by, so if anyone is interested in betaing for me plese feel free to get a hold of me. My e-mail is: beasleysmom@hotmail.com. With that being said; until then my work goes unbetaed, so read at your own risk. Kuddos! DIsclaimer from Ch.1 in full affect.
Buffy and Joyce drove in uncomfortable silence. Buffy’s blood was practically boiling with rage at her mother. Once they got home she was so gonna let her mother have it. She glared out of the corner of her eye at her mom just thinking of what she was going to say.

Joyce could feel the anger and rage radiating off her youngest daughter. She knew when they got to the house that; as her daughter would put it, the shit was gonna hit the fan. Joyce mentally prepared herself for the inevitable blow out that was going to occur. Glancing at her daughter, she attempted light conversation. “Would you like to get your vitamins now, or wait to get them tomorrow morning?”

Buffy let out a very unlady like snort and keep her eyes faced forward. “Don’t you dare try to talk to me like nothing has happened. I have nothing to say to you. If you want to stop and get them, fine. Do what ever the hell you want.”

Joyce slammed the brakes and turned to her daughter. “You will watch your language young lady! I am still your mother and you WILL speak to me with the respect that I deserve!”

Buffy had to grab a hold of the side of the door to keep from choking herself on her seatbelt. When she looked over at her mother and saw the rage flash across her eyes, she knew she had crossed the line. Backing down from the confrontation, Buffy crossed her arms over her chest, faced forward, and jutted her chin out defiantly.

It took every ounce of control Joyce had left not to reach over and smack Buffy across the face. Gripping the steering wheel till her knuckles were white, she took a calming breath and continued down the road to the Pharmacy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike parked his car in the drive and made his way in the house. It was nearly 5:30 so he knew his father would be home already. Still caught up in his thoughts on how to see Buffy he never saw his father sitting in his easy chair in the dark with a glass of scotch in his hand.

“William, do pray tell as to why Principal Snyder called my office today to tell me you have been suspended for THREE DAYS!” Giles’ voice rose with the last part of his questioning.

Spike nearly jumped out of his skin at the sound of his father’s voice. “Bugger old man! You scared the shit out of me!” It took him a moment to get his heart rate back to normal. Once he gained composure, he stared at his father imploringly. “Why are you sitting in the dark, and are you drunk?”

Giles let out a menacing chuckle. “No William, I’m not drunk but lucky for you I’m not completely sober either.” Giles set his now empty glass on the end table, got up from his seat, and approached his son. “ William you better have a damn good excuse for cutting out of school today, and I swear to God himself if there is even mention once of Buffy Summers in your answer, there WILL be hell to pay,” Giles ground out between clinched teeth. Giles could slowly feel Ripper rising to the surface. When Spike saw a flash of Ripper in his father’s eyes, he decided it would be best to take a less confrontational approach. Backing up slightly, he put a little more distance between them.

Spike sighed heavily and hung his head. “Dad, I couldn’t stay there. Every time I turned around someone would ask how I was doing or if I had seen or talked to Buffy, it was just too much.” Spike felt the tears start to threaten his eyes again. He looked up with pleading eyes to his father for a bit of comfort.

Giles felt his resolve crumble. He was very angry with William, but he was still his son. Taking a deep breath, he softened his features. “Son you have to stop using this as an excuse to do whatever you want. I think I have been fairly patient with you these past few weeks but enough is enough. I don’t think you realize how destructive your being.” Giles went to put a hand on his son’s shoulder but Spike jerked away.

“You think I enjoy feeling this way!” Spike couldn’t hold in his emotions anymore. “I wish I could just stop thinking about Buffy, but I can’t. Do you know how blooding hard this is for me. You act as if I want things so damn awful.” Spike was close to snapping. He knew his father was just trying to help, but it was only enraging him more.

Realizing nothing constructive was going to come of their conversation; Giles pinched the bridge of his nose and let out a heavy sigh. “William I think it would be best if you just went to your room before either of us says something we will regret in the morning.”

Completely exasperated, Giles turned away from his son and made his way to the kitchen to make himself a cup of tea. Leaning against the counter for support, Giles thought to himself ‘What the buggering hell am I going to do with that boy?’

Spike watched his fathers retreating form go to the kitchen. With nothing left to say and with a heavy heart he walked up the stairs and made his way to his room.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


After stopping at the pharmacy to pick up both their prescriptions, the Summers women made their way home in silence. Joyce pulled in the driveway and cut the engine. Turning to face her daughter, she began, “Buffy, we need to talk and I don’t mean yell at each other.” Joyce said in a soft tone. She had enough time to cool off on the drive home to reason with her daughter.

Buffy realizing that being stubborn was going to get her nowhere with her mother nodded in agreement. She was still mad mind you, but calm enough to be civil.

They both got out of the car and entered the house. Joyce set her keys and purse down on the buffet and walked to the answering machine to check messages. Buffy proceeded to go upstairs when here mother called out to her, “Where are you going? I thought you said we could both be adult about this and talk.”

Buffy gave her mother an exhausted look. “I just need to change my clothes and wash my face. I’ll be down in a minute.” With a sigh, she continued her way up the stairs.


After about ten minutes, Joyce was beginning to wonder if Buffy was coming back down stairs. Just as she was fixing to call for her, Buffy came and plopped on the couch. Joyce got up from her desk chair where she was going over documents from the gallery and sat next to Buffy on the couch. Joyce studied her daughter for a moment, taking a cleansing breath as she pressed forward.

“Honey I would like to start with an apology. I am truly sorry for the way I reacted. I know I was being “psycho mom’, but there was just a lot to take in today. First with finding out you’re pregnant and then seeing William in the parking lot, I guess I just freaked is all. You have to know I never meant to hurt you or make you upset; I just want to protect you is all.”

Buffy considered what her mom said before she responded. Organizing her thoughts, she looked her mother in the eyes. “I know that you’re hurt by all this and for that I’m sorry but I won’t apologize for thinking you’re wrong for keeping me away from Spike.” She could see her mother was fixing to say something so she spoke up again. “Keeping me from Spike is the worst thing you can do especially now that we know for a fact that I’m his baby. He has every right to know what’s going on and I have every intention of telling him. I’m not a child anymore. I can make my own decisions. You can’t keep me away from him, as much as you would like to think otherwise. So I’m telling you right now I WILL see him again whether you like it or not.” Buffy said with resolve in her voice.

Joyce sat and stared at her daughter. She thought that their conversation was going well right up to the point where Buffy made it very clear that she was not going to stay away from William. Shaking her head, she looked at Buffy and said what no mother ever wants to say to their child.

“Buffy I really didn’t want things to come to this, but you leave me no choice. You either leave that boy alone or you’re going to have to go stay elsewhere. I will not have you under mind me. If you can’t live by my rules, then you can’t stay here.” Joyce’s heart was breaking inside but she kept up her front to make sure her daughter saw she was done playing games.

Buffy’s jaw dropped in shock. Her mother was actually giving her an ultimatum of whether she played by her rules or got the hell out. Anger taking over, she stood and glared down at her mother. “Fine! I don’t want to live with someone who’s going to treat me like I’m some kind of criminal. I’m sure Willow’s parents wouldn’t mind if I stay with them until I can get on my feet,” Buffy barked at her mother.

Joyce jumped up from her seat. “I don’t think so missy, you’re going to go stay with either your father or Faith. You won’t be anywhere near William!” Joyce yelled back at her.

“I will not and I repeat will not live with Dad, besides he’s never even there,” Buffy was seething.

“Fine! Then you’ll stay with Faith till the baby‘s born. It doesn’t matter because by the time you come back William will have already have left for college and forgotten about you!” Joyce’s hand flew over her mouth when she realized what she had just said.

Buffy felt as if all the air had been sucked out of the room. Her eyes welled with tears and she felt like she couldn’t breathe. She hunched over gasping for breath as all her worst fears were brought to light.

Joyce rushed to her daughter to help her stand straight. When she reached out a hand to her, Buffy pulled away as if she had been burned. She gave her mother a look that could freeze holy water.

Joyce feeling great remorse for what she said sat on the edge of the sofa. “Buffy, I didn’t mean what I said, you have to believe me.” Joyce’s voice cracked with emotion.

Void of all emotion Buffy said the last words she ever planed on saying to her mother for a long time. “You know what? It doesn’t matter if you meant it or not, it doesn’t change anything. From this point on, I don’t want you to have anything to do with me or MY baby. You wanted us gone, well you got it.” With that being said Buffy walked out of the living room, up the stairs and to what was soon to be, not her room.

Joyce let out an anguished cry. She had done the unthinkable, pushed her daughter away for good. She didn’t know if her heart could stand anymore pain than what it already had. First Faith and now Buffy. She was beginning to question what kind of mother she was. Who could be so cruel as to say a thing like that to their child? The answer was; her. Trying to pull herself together, Joyce went up the stairs to her room to make the inevitable call to Faith and Lindsey to make arrangements for Buffy to move in with them. She didn’t like it, but she had no other choice.




TBC








Thanks to Mac, Kimber, cee, and stace for the reviews. You guys are my motivators to getting me to put out chapters quicker. You guys are great! Kuddos!