Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer in full effect becasue I unfortunately own sqaut. Big thanks goes out to Vicki for the great beta job. Enjoy!
Spike left the park feeling lost, but he knew one thing for sure, he had to see Buffy. He knew he couldn’t just walk up to her door step and knock on the door; no, he had to do it without Joyce finding out. Getting into his car Spike decided to drive around till the time came to go and see Buffy.

As soon as Joyce got off the phone with Rupert, she felt a deep sense of dread wash over her. She wasn’t sure but she was almost positive she had heard William in the background. If that was the case, things where bound to get ugly from here on out.

Making her way upstairs with every intention of taking a hot soothing bath, she found herself in Buffy’s room. Looking at the almost barren room, Joyce found for the first time thinking that maybe she had made a huge mistake by sending Buffy away. Sitting in the same rocking chair that her mother had given to her, she succumbed to her emotions and began to weep uncontrollably. After some time, exhaustion took over and Joyce gave in to sleep.

Spike parked his car four houses down from the all too familiar house on Revello Drive. Looking at the clock radio, he noted that it was 10:30 and Joyce would surely be in bed by now. Getting out of the car as quietly as possible so not to alarm anyone he was there, he snuck his way in the back yard and climbed the tree that stood outside Buffy’s window.

He slowly climbed the tree and jumped with panther-like grace onto the roof. Crawling carefully as to not skid off, he slid the window open. Throwing a leg over the ledge, he scooted in the window. Not realizing his shirt was hung up on the sill, he tumbled to the floor with a loud thump. Scrambling to his feet, he never noticed Joyce in the rocking chair in the corner.

Joyce’s eyes flew open and she let out a loud shriek. Searching for something to use as a weapon, Joyce fumbled for the first thing she could find. She grabbed the lamp off the nightstand and swung at her intruder.

Spike nearly jumped right out the window at the sound of someone shrieking on the other side of the room. Head snapping in the direction of the shrill cry, he narrowly missed being hit upside the head with a lamp. Jumping back, he hit the wall and let out a roar. “BLOODY HELL!”

Joyce stopped her second attempt mid-swing when she realized who had come through her daughter’s window. She tossed the lamp on the bed relieved that it wasn’t a burglar. Looking over at the young man plastered against the wall, she said in a deadly tone, “Do tell me William, what the hell are you doing in my daughter’s room?”

Spike trying to get his heart out of his throat, took a raged breath and stuttered out, “I-I came to See-ee Buff—Buffy.”

Joyce crossed the room with deadly eyes focused on him. “Give me one good reason I shouldn’t call the police right now and have your ass thrown in jail!” Joyce was beyond pissed. She had been through too much shit that day to even begin to see any reason.

Spike saw the anger boiling in her eyes. He backed up slightly and spoke up. “Joyce I just wanted to talk to Buffy, that’s all.” Looking down at his feet he continued, “My Dad told me about Buffy. I just wanted to make sure she was alright. I can only imagine how scared she must be.” His voice was full shame. Joyce backed off slightly. He looked so young standing there with his head hung when she noticed his gaze drift to the bed.

Spike glanced at the bed and noticed it was completely made. He was confused to as why Buffy hadn’t come to see what all the commotion was. Looking back to Joyce, he gave her a questioning stare.

Joyce looked him in the eye, “William go home.” She was praying to anyone who would listen that he wouldn’t notice how empty the room was, but like everything else, she wasn’t so lucky.

Spike didn’t even hear Joyce. He looked at the now sparse bedroom. All of the pictures that used to cover the walls and dressers were now gone and the closet was now full of empty hangers. But what got his attention the most was that the spot that held Mr. Gordo, Buffy’s most prized possession, was empty.

He was pulled from his observing by Joyce grabbing him by his shoulders. “William, I said GO. HOME.” her voice full of resolve. Spike opened and closed his mouth as if to say something, but noting came out. Joyce, clearly seeing the hurt in his eyes, let out a sigh and softened her tone. “William listen to me. Buffy’s gone. I’m sorry but that’s just how things have to be. Now go home. Your father is probably wondering where you are.” With that, Joyce turned and walked out of the room.

Spike sank to the bed, sitting for a moment soaking in everything that just happened. He dropped his head in his hands. As he hung his head, a green piece of material poking from underneath the bed caught his eye. Crouching down he pulled it out. It was one of the t-shirts he had left over from the day they had gone to the beach. He had seen Buffy wear it so much he had told her to just keep it. Bringing it to his nose, he inhaled deeply. It smelled of vanilla and something uniquely Buffy. As tears ran down his face, he threw the shirt over his shoulder and made his way out the window to go home.


TBC


Thanks to Aisling, nmb, Seraiza, jamesluvr, gypsy_jin, alexandrea, BuffyandSpikeForever, spikester0889, and stace for the inspiring reviews. You have no idea how much it really pushes me to push out these chapters. Kuddos!