Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer from CH. 1 in full affect. Hope everyone enjoys! Kuddos!
Buffy was just getting settled in when she heard the sound of the front door closing. Not ready to face her sister, she walked across the room and shut her door. Looking around her new room, she felt out of place; like she didn’t quite belong. Lindsey had gone above and beyond trying to make her feel welcome; telling her to make herself at home, but the fact of the matter was this wasn’t her home. Her home was in Sunnydale with Spike.

Faith stumbled in the door after a very hyper 4 year old; arms loaded with groceries. She had decided to stop by the store and pick up some extra things that she knew Buffy would like. Even though she wasn’t thrilled with the fact that her mother had dumped her sister in her care; she was going to make sure she felt wanted. Seeing that Lindsey was already in the kitchen, Faith made her way there to go put away the groceries. Faith dumped her bags on the counter and proceeded to question Lindsey about his trip. In a sarcastic tone, she asked, “So, how was your trip to good ol’ Sunnyhell?”

Lindsey rolled his eyes, “Fine.” Dodging a bag of pretzels flying at his head, he gave Faith a pointed look. “Hey! What was that for?”

Faith, unable to hold back a chuckle replied, “You know I hate when you roll your eyes.”

He rolled his eyes again and continued, “I didn’t have a whole lot of time to talk to your Mom, but from what I gathered, she’s not doing so good. When I got there Buffy just stormed out of the house and sat in the car till we left; didn’t even say goodbye or nothin’.”

Now it was Faiths’ turn to roll her eyes. “Well then I guess this should make today all kinds of fun.” she said in a dry tone.

Lindsey just shook his head and chuckled to himself. “I took the liberty of calling Joyce to let her know we got in okay so you wouldn’t have to call.”

Faith walked over, wrapped her arms around his neck, and planted a big kiss to his lips. “I knew there was a reason I loved you so much.” her tone full of gratitude.

Lindsey smiled and pulled from her embrace. When Faith looked at him questioningly, he added, “Just keep that in mind when you have to go in and tell Buffy that your mom will be here day after tomorrow to bring by her transcripts for school and her medical records.” Letting out a laugh at his wife’s shocked look he went in the living room to see how his daughter’s day was. Faith glowered at him as he left the kitchen and made her way to Buffy’s room.

Faith knocked lightly on the shut door; not hearing an invitation, she opened it slowly and entered. “Hey B, how’s it shaken?”

Buffy looked up from the magazine she was reading and glared at her sister. “Knock much?”

Trying to keep her temper in check; Faith pushed forward, “Well I did knock, you just didn’t answer, so I figured I would let myself in, you know, see how you were doing.”

Buffy gave her a fake smile and rolled her eyes. “Let me guess, you want to be all big sister and try to get me to confide in you. Well guess what? So not gonna happen. I don’t want to talk about it so if that’s all you’re here for you might as well not waste your time.”

That was it. Faith was not about to sit back and take her shit. “You listen here B; you can check your little attitude at the door. I’m not Mom, so I ain’t gonna put up with the bitch routine. I know this isn’t your idea of fun, but guess what, life ain’t always fair. We can do this the easy way or the hard way; that’s totally up to you. Now IF you need someone to talk to you know I got your back, but I won’t be your whipping post. Got it?” Faith stood arms crossed over her chest and a look on her face that said ‘don’t fuck with me.

Knowing she had no room to bargain; Buffy simply rolled her eyes and complied “Got it.”

Faith, still irritated with her little sister, let an evil grin play over her face. Leaning in she told her sister in a mock innocent tone, “Oh, and by the way, Mom will be here day after tomorrow. Just thought you might want to know.” Enjoying the look of complete and utter furry that crossed her sister’s face, she turned to leave. Just as she was out the door she called over her shoulder, “And dinner is in an hour, so be ready to eat.”

The only response Faith got was outraged roar.

Having no intention of coming out for dinner, Buffy changed into her ‘yummy sushi’ pajamas and crawled in bed. She was lying in her bed reading when she heard the door crack open. Buffy was just about to lay into the person on the other side of the door when she saw a little head pop through the door; pushing all anger aside she called out to the little person, “Hey Sammy baby, come on in and climb up here with Aunt B.” Sam bounced in the room and jumped into the bed.

“Aunt B, Mommy said you’re gonna live here with us. Is it true?” Sam looked up at her excitedly with big chocolate eyes. Buffy’s heart melted instantly. “Yeah, but just for a little while.” The look of disappointment evident on her little face was just too much. Buffy pulled her close under her arm and reassured her, “Don’t worry Sammy, I promise I’ll stay long enough for us to do all kinds of fun stuff, just you and me. How’s that sound?”

The sound of her niece’s squeal of approval was almost deafening.

Sam was jumping up and down jabbering about all the fun things she and Buffy could do when Lindsey poked his head in the door, “Hey kiddos, dinner’s ready.”

Sam jumped from the bed and darted out the room to the dining room; Buffy simply picked up her magazine and started reading from where she left off.

Lindsey walked in the room and sat on the edge of the bed “Buffy, why don’t you come on out and have some dinner? You’ve got to be starvin’; you haven’t had a bite to eat all day.” His smooth voice caused Buffy to look up at him.

She gave him an appreciative look, “Really Lindsey, I’m not hungry.” At that moment, her stomach decided to betray her by letting out an audible growl.

Lindsey chuckled softly, “Well I think your stomach thinks otherwise.”

Buffy gave him a sheepish look, “Well maybe just a little dinner won’t hurt, but I have to get dressed first.”

Lindsey looked at her like she was crazy. “Darlin’ this is your house now too, you don’t have to dress for dinner. Now get on out there and get something to eat; growing girl like yourself needs a good meal.”

Buffy leaned over, gave him a big hug, and whispered in his ear, “Thank you Lindsey, for everything.”

Pulling back, Lindsey looked her in the eye “No need to thank me; just looking out for one of my favorite girls.”

At that moment, Faith decided to walk in “So…. now I have to compete with her too; what’s a girl got to do around here to keep a guy?” Faith said jokingly.

With a cocky grin in place, Lindsey retorted, “What can I say, just can’t keep the ladies off me.”

Buffy and Faith simultaneously let out a groan of disgust. Unable to hold in their laughter, they all broke out in fits of hysteria. Whipping the tears from their eyes; they fell into a slightly uncomfortable silence. Buffy feeling better about the whole situation decided to break the tension, “So… what’s for dinner?”



TBC



Thanks to BuffyandSpikeForever, jamesluvr, Aisling, stace, Sevvy_O, RavenXRobin, gypsy_jin, and last but not least Seraiza for the amazing reviews. As always; big thanks to my beta for making sence of my bad grammer! Kuddos!