Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimes in full effect. Big Thanks to Vicki; my awsome beta. Enjoy!
Spike woke up feeling exhausted. He had spent the better part of the night tossing and turning in fitful sleep. His father had already retired to bed by the time he got home from Buffy’s, so their talk had to wait till morning. Looking over at the clock, he noticed he still had time to catch his dad before he left for work. Rolling out of bed, he yawned and rubbed his sleep-filled eyes. Throwing on a pair of basketball shorts he found laying in the corner; he made his way down stairs to the kitchen where he knew his father would be having his morning cuppa.

Giles looked up from his morning paper when he heard Spike shuffle into the kitchen. “Morning William.” Giles said hesitantly. Spike merely yawned in response and walked over to the refrigerator to pour himself a glass of juice.

Giles noticed his son’s exhausted state; he looked simply awful. Giles’ voice full of concern, he questioned, “Did you not sleep well? You look absolutely knackered.”

At his fathers questioning, he looked at him for the first time since coming into the kitchen. His face void of all emotion, he spoke in a hushed tone, “Why didn’t you tell me she was gone?”

Seeing the hurt on his sons face, he sighed heavily. “You never gave me the chance.” Giles stated simply.

Anger taking over he roared out, “Never gave you the chance? You could’ve bloody well told me yesterday before I had to go and find out from Joyce!”

Completely taken aback by his son’s response Giles just sat there, mouth agape.

Spike snorted sardonically, “That’s right. I went over there to see Buffy last night, only to find her gone.” His voice was full of anger, but then just as quickly turned to hurt. “How could you keep something like that from me?”

When his father said nothing, he stared him down with icy blue eyes. “I thought after all this shit you might actually be on my side, I see I was sorely mistaken,” he spit at him.

Giles gave his son a pointed look, “Listen William, in all fairness, you stormed out before I had the chance to fully explain the situation. You act as if I was trying to hide the truth from you.” Giles didn’t even try to hide the accusation in his tone

Spike sat in the chair across from his dad and hung his head shamefully. “I’m sorry, it’s just that… I went to see Buffy and when I climbed in her window…” he stopped mid sentence when he saw the shocked look on his fathers face. “Why are you looking at me like that?” he asked questioningly, irritation evident in his voice.

His voice raising several octaves in surprise, he leaned forward and blurted out, “Did you just say you climbed in her window?” Giles was absolutely flabbergasted.

“Well, yeah.” Was Spike’s reply, as if his father had just asked him the world’s most stupid question.

Sitting back in his chair, he looked over at his son, his face full of astonishment. “Dear Lord boy, your lucky Joyce didn’t call the police on you for breaking and entering”

“Didn’t break anythin’,” Spike replied sarcastically, a cocky grin plastered across his face.

With an exasperated sigh, Giles gave his son a stern look. “William I can’t believe you snuck in Buffy’s bedroom.” He had to fight the urge to not smack the cocky grin off his face. “What did you possibly think to accomplish? Really William, could you be more stupid?” Giles bit out. He was so irritated with his son he wanted to reach across the table and shake the stupid right out of him.

Spike rolled his eyes, “What the bloody hell did you expect me to do? It’s not like I could just walk up to the front door and say ‘evenin’ Joyce. Do you mind if I have a word with your daughter; the girl who just so happens to be havin’ my baby’,” his voice thick with sarcasm.

It was now Giles’ turn to roll his eyes, “No need for sarcasm; I get the point. That still doesn’t excuse the fact that you snuck in their home in the middle of the night.” Giles looked him in the eyes. “William you have to realize there is nothing you can do now; she’s gone.”

Spike looked at his father with mournful eyes, his voice full of desperation. “You don’t understand I NEED her. You have no idea what it’s like to finally realize for the first time you love someone so much it literally hurts to be away from them; then to only have them ripped away before ever knowing if they love you back.” He wiped the lone tear that slid down his cheek, “Dad, this isn’t just some girl. This is the mother of my child. I would go to the ends of the world and back just to see her one more time.”

Giles looked at his son sitting before him, no longer a boy, yet not quite a man. His heart bled at the anguish his son was enduring. No longer willing to see his son suffer, he looked Spike in the eye. “William it is fair to say that you have endured more heart ache than anyone should have to go through; that being said, I’m going to level with you man to man. If I go against Joyce and tell you where Buffy is, you have to promise me that you won’t bolt off to find her. Joyce sent her away for a reason. Though I don’t quite see eye to eye with all of them; some are quite justifiable.” Pausing, he made sure Spike saw the seriousness of the situation. When he saw that he had Spikes’ undivided attention, he continued, “Joyce wanted to give you and Buffy the opportunity at a real life; not one that was forced upon you. With Buffy not being a distraction; you can finish school and go off to university, just as planed.”

As his father explained Joyce’s motives as to why she sent Buffy away, he was unable to hold back any longer. “I’m not her bloody son! She has no right to have any say in MY life. She has taken away THE most important thing from me, and you expect me to sit and do nothing about it! If you think for one minute I’m gonna sit back and let Joyce Summers pull my strings like some puppet master, then you have another thing coming!” he roared out.

He pushed away from the table with such force it sent his chair clear across the room to collide with the kitchen island.

Jumping at his sons outburst, Giles stared wide eyed at his son. Seeing he was not in the state of mind to have a rational conversation; Giles rose from his seat at the table. “William it is quite clear from your display,” gesturing to the chair lying on the floor, “that you can’t see reason right now, so I’m afraid there is nothing I can do for you. Maybe after you have cooled down a bit and can act like a man, not a belligerent child, we can sit down and talk things out like adults.” His voice was edged with disappointment. Without another word, Giles turned from his enraged son and left for work.

Spike stood there, eyes glazed with furry as his father turned his back on him. His mind was so thick with rage he didn’t get a chance to get a word in before his father was out the door.

His adrenaline induced state dissipating; he slumped to the floor in a heap. He buried his face in his hands and began to sob uncontrollably. Every emotion he had felt for the past month came to the surface and melted into his tears. After what seemed like forever, Spike wiped at his eyes and gathered himself off the floor. With new determination, Spike said to himself, voice full of malice, ‘I will have what is mine; and Buffy Summers is MINE.”



TBC



Big thanks to stace, Sevvy_O, sarah g, blondiebear, BuffyandSpikeForever, gypsy_jin, and Seraiza for the lovely review. You guys are too sweet! Kuddos!