Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay guys, I'm a little afraid to post this since it's not the spuffy your looking for YET, but I promis in a few more chapters there will be just what yout looking for, so please bear with me and don't hate me cause this is a spuffy fic. I SWEAR!!!!! Love you guys! Angela




Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy walked in the door at nearly one in the morning. She hadn’t intended on staying out so late, but she and her friends had got so caught up talking about the movie they saw that time just flew by. Noticing all the lights in the house were off, Buffy tiptoed to her room as to not wake any one and fell promptly to sleep.


Giles awoke early the next morning to make last minute arrangements for their flight. The Giles men had done the majority of their packing the night before, but there were lots of loose ends that needed to be taken care of. Giles called his business partner and life long friend Ethan Rayne to make arrangements for him to watch the shop for him while he was out of town. Ethan gladly obliged and offered to take him and William to the airport. Giles gladly accepted and they agreed for Ethan to come by the house promptly at 10 am. After hanging up the phone, Giles looked over at the clock and noticed it was already 8:30 and decided to wake William before he made his last phone call.

Spike shuffled around his room getting together last minute things to put in his suitcase. He was digging around in the bottom of his closet trying to find his favorite pair of Doc Marten’s when he came across the green T-shirt he had found in Buffy’s room. Sitting back on his haunches, he brought the shirt to his nose and inhaled deeply. It still smelled like ‘her’. Feeling that familiar ache in his chest, he closed his eyes to fight back the tears that were threatening to betray him. He folded the shirt as if it were the most precious thing he owned and got off the floor and placed it in his suitcase. Just as he was zipping it shut, his father walked in the door.

“William I was just coming to wake you,” Giles said, surprised that his son was already up and ready to go.

Spike turned to his father with sad eyes. “I’ve been up for awhile now; couldn’t sleep so I just figured I would get up and make sure I had everything ready to go.” He had a mournful tone to his voice.

Giles regarded his son. He looked absolutely crestfallen. Walking over to his son, he sat on the bed in front of him. “William, I can only imagine how much you’re hurting right now. Maybe we should postpone our trip for a while.” His heart went out to his grief-stricken child.

Spike took a deep breath and stood tall. “No Da’, we’re gonna go. I need some time away to clear my head, and I think this trip will help me do just that.”

Giles patted his son’s arm and smiled up at him wearily. “Right then… I need to make another phone call, so I’ll leave you to gather your last minute things. Ethan will be here in an hour or so, so be ready to leave by then.”

Spike nodded his head in agreement as his father left to make his call. Spike plopped on the edge of his bed and rested his elbows on his knees as he buried his face in his hands. Shaking his head wearily, he thought to himself, ‘I’m doing the right thing, aren’t I?’
Giles entered his bedroom and picked up the phone on his nightstand. Dialing the number, he waited for someone to answer. After two rings, a voice came over the line.

“Hello?”

“Hello Joyce, it’s Rupert. I didn’t wake you did I?”

“Not at all, I was just sitting having my morning coffee and reading the paper. Is everything alright?”

Giles sat and thought about that question for a moment and before he could even think about what he was saying, he muttered out a simple ‘no’.

Hearing the monotone ness of his voice, Joyce grew concerned. “Giles what’s wrong?”

Taking a deep breath, he proceeded to explain last night’s events. “Apparently when William went to go see Buffy last night things didn’t go as planned. I’ve decided to take William to England for the summer so….” He was interrupted by the sound of a car horn honking. Returning to his conversation, he said hastily, “I’m so sorry Joyce it appears that our ride has arrived early so I’m afraid I have to let you go. I’ll be sure to call when we get back in town. Talk to you soon. Goodbye.”

Joyce was in such a state of shock she couldn’t find words. All she heard was Rupert say a hasty goodbye and then the dial tone. Once she got her thoughts straight, she hurriedly picked up the phone and dialed Faith’s number. She sat there waiting for someone, anyone to pick up the phone, but no one answered.

Buffy woke up late that morning. She stretched out in her bed and yawned. She slept hard last night from staying out so late. Crawling out of bed, she felt the all too familiar feeling of nausea that had been plaguing her for the last few months. Resisting the urge to throw up, she made her way to the bathroom to get showered.

While in the shower, Buffy thought she heard the phone ring. At first, thinking she was hearing things, she continued to wash her hair. After hearing it ring a few more times, she hurriedly rinsed her hair and threw on her bathrobe. By the time she got to the phone, it had quit ringing. Curiosity getting the better of her, she picked up the phone and looked at the caller ID. When she saw her mother’s number, she contemplated on whether to call her back or not. Still not quite sure if she was ready to talk with her mother just yet, she opted not to call back and finish her shower. ‘Faith would be home later, she can all her back’ she thought to herself as she finished her shower.

Giles hurried down stairs to answer the door. Opening it, he ushered Ethan in and led him to the living room. “You’re here early?”

“Yeah well, I figured we might hit a little lunch hour traffic so I wanted to give us plenty of time to get there.”
Giles gave him an appreciative smile. “You’re probably right. Just let me get William and we can be on our way.” Ethan nodded in agreement and Giles went to collect his son.

Giles walked in Spike’s room to find him standing in front of his dresser. Careful not to startle him, he approached him slowly and placed a hand on his shoulder. When Spike made no sign of responding, Giles leaned over and looked over his son’s shoulder. There in his son’s hand was a double picture frame. In it was a picture of William and his mother smiling almost blindingly at the person taking the photo and in the other frame was a picture of him and Buffy. It was taken at William’s 18th surprise birthday party. Buffy was sitting in his lap kissing him on the cheek while William smiled like an idiot. Giles should have noticed before how in love those two had really been. Feeling tears come to his eyes, he muttered softly, “William it’s time to leave now son.” Spike never turning around nodded his head, placed the frame back on the dresser, and walked out of his room with his bags in hand.

Once they packed their things in the back of Ethan’s SUV, they climbed in and started the drive to LAX. Spike sat in the back seat watching the town of Sunnydale passing by. He was leaving. He was going to do the one thing he never thought possible, leave Buffy behind. He knew he would be back after summer, but to him it felt like an eternity without her. As he watched the ‘Now leaving Sunnydale’ sign pass by, he leaned his head against the back of the seat, swallowed his tears and let sleep take him over.


TBC


Thanks to sonia, Seraiza, raven_robin4ever, carri, BuffyandSpikeForever, Alison, Sevvy_O, gypsy_jin, blondibear, Mischa, Becky, Kayla, KT, spikes_niblet, stace, rockerbaby, Pam, Lacey, Kattie, shelly, Brittany, and spikester0889 for the reviews. This is the most reviews I have ever recieved on my fic. I know some of you were mad, but I appreciate the feed back.


A special note to angry. Please don't hate me. I promise to make it a Spuffy ending. Kuddos guys!