Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay kiddies,I feel a little better now that you've assured me you don't completely hate my guts. there is still some angst to come so read at your own risk, but like I keep saying, THIS IS A SPUFFY FIC!!!!!! Hope you guys enjoy!
Buffy sat on the couch watching one of her favorite movies, ‘She’s all that.’ Freddie Prinze was such a babe! Looking at the clock, she wondered where Faith, Lindsey and Sam were. It was a little after 2 o’clock and they had been gone all day. Normally Faith would leave her a note or something if they left before she got up, but this morning there wasn’t one. Just as she was fixing to go in the kitchen to check and see if maybe she had over looked it, Faith and Lindsey came walking through the door.

Faith and Lindsey came walking in hand in hand with bags in their arms. Faith smiled at Buffy and nodded, “Hey B, what’s up?”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders. “Nothin’ really, just sat on the couch and watched TV.” Buffy looked at her sister quizzically and asked, “Where’s Sam?”

“After her class trip she went to stay the night with her friend Hannah.”

Buffy nodded her head and went back to the living room. Faith followed her and sat next to her on the couch. Giving her a smirk she asked, “So, how did go last night? Did you finally get your naughty on?” she raised her eyebrows suggestively.

Buffy almost wet her pants from shock. She let out a loud shriek. “FAITH! I can’t believe you just asked me that!”

Faith nudged her with her arm. “Come on B. You’re trying to tell me that after not seeing Will for almost four months, that you two didn’t get all bouncy last night.”

Buffy looked at her sister thoroughly confused. “Faith, what the hell are you talking about? I never saw Spike last night.”

Now it was Faith’s turn to be confused. “Mom said she was going to tell him last night at graduation where you were. She even called right after you left to make sure you would be home. When you weren’t here I told Mom you would be at the promenade with some friends all night.”

Buffy looked at her sister as if she had lost her mind. “You did WHAT?”

Faith winced slightly. “I figured he could surprise you. You know all that old romantic movie crap. Guy finds girl, runs to her and they have the big reunion thing with the crappy music playing in the back ground.”

Buffy buried her face in her hands. How could she have not seen him? But better yet, why hadn’t he come and talked to her. Then it hit her like a ton of bricks. He had seen her there with Connor. Sheer horror took a hold of her body. She snapped her eyes to Faith. “FUCK! He saw me there with Connor! He must have thought that we were ‘together’ and left.”

Faith’s eyes went wide. “Buffy you have to call him and explain everything to him NOW.”

With out answering her sister, she flew off the couch to the phone. Franticly she dialed his number mumbling to herself for him to pick up the phone. When there was no answer, she hung it up and quickly tried to think of whom to call next. Just as she was fixing to call Xander, she remembered her mother calling that morning. She felt her stomach drop to her knees. What if her mother had talked to Spike? Cursing herself for not calling her mother back, she quickly dialed her mother’s house and waited for her to answer. Each ring felt like an eternity. Finally, on the fourth ring her Mom answered the phone.

Oh thank God! Faith, where have you been all day?” Joyce had been waiting for her call all day.

“No Mom, it’s Buffy. Have you talked to Spike or Giles?” Her voice was borderline hysterical.

Joyce sighed heavily. “Buffy, Giles called this morning. He and William are leaving for England for the summer.”

Buffy almost dropped the phone. Getting a firmer grip on the receiver she rapped out, “What?”

“He called at about 9:30 this morning. He didn’t explain much to me because his ride was there early to pick him up. Buffy what happened last night?”

Buffy dropped the phone and ran into the kitchen. “Lindsey you have to get me to LAX NOW!”

Lindsey looked at Buffy and saw the desperation written all over her face. Without asking any questions, he grabbed his keys and they headed for the door.

Faith watched as her husband and sister flee the house. Wondering what the hell was going on when she saw the phone lying on the floor. As she went to hang it up, she heard her mother yelling on the other end. Bringing the phone to her ear she asked, “Mom, is that you?”

“Faith what happened? One minute I was talking to Buffy and the next I hear the phone hit the floor. Is my baby okay?” her voice was frantic.

Faith looked back at the open front door. “She and Lindsey just stormed out of here so I’d go with she’s okay, but the question is, where the hell were they going in such a damn hurry?”

Joyce sighed heavily, “My guess would be to the airport.”


Buffy jumped out of the car before it came to a complete stop. She flew through the doors so fast she almost collided head on with guy pulling a luggage trolley. Skidding to a halt to avoid the man, she maneuvered her way around him and made her way to the gate area. Buffy was brought to a halt by a middle-aged security guard. “Sorry ma’am, but you can’t go any further without a boarding pass.”

Buffy looked at him with pleading eyes. “Please, you have to let me through. I have to stop someone from getting on a plane.” She begged him mercifully.

He looked at her apologetically. Sorry ma’am, but I can’t let you do that. I understand that this must be important to you, but I still can’t let you pass without a boarding pass.”

Buffy looked up at him with tear filled eyes. “Please, the father of my child is about to get on a plane to England without me getting a chance to tell him I love him.”

The security guard looked at her with her tear-filled eyes and his resolve melted. “Listen, if I let you go, you have to promise me to be back in 20 minutes or else I’ll come after you myself.”

Buffy squealed, threw her arms round his neck, and squeezed. Pulling away, she flashed him a bright smile and ran towards the gates.

Shaking his head he called after her, “And if you get caught, I’ll tell them you ran through like a mad woman.” He said with a soft smile on his face.

Spike sat in the gate terminal waiting for his boarding call. His mind was swirling of thoughts of Buffy. Every time he closed his eyes, he would see her at the promenade with her arms wrapped around another guy. He couldn’t shake the site from his memory. Hearing his section being called he got up and made his way to board the plane. Just as he was about to hand the attendant his ticket he heard his name being called out.

Buffy ran as fast as her legs could carry her. She could hear the final boarding call for flight 247 to England being called over the PA system. She didn’t know for sure if that was his fight, but she was damn sure going to find out. Just as she reached the terminal, she saw Spike getting ready to board the plane. Excitement filling her she screamed out, “SPIKE!”

Spike could recognize that voice anywhere. He looked up at his father standing in front of him. Giles put a hand on his shoulder and stated, “I’ll understand if you don’t come. Do what’s best for YOU William.” And then turned and boarded the plane. Taking a deep breath, he slowly turned to the voice calling his name.

Buffy stood there waiting for him to turn around. She felt like her stomach was in knots. Here was the boy who had been the object of her every thought since that fateful morning when she was torn away from him. Once he turned to fully look at her, she gazed at him hopefully.

Spike was at a lose. Here she was, his Buffy, standing right before him. Then the painful memory of her at the promenade hit him. She wasn’t his Buffy anymore. She apparently belonged to someone else. He stood there just staring at her, emotionless.

Buffy wanted nothing more than to throw her arms around him and tell him over and over again how much she loved him, but the look on his face kept her in place. Tears filling her eyes she asked, “Why didn’t you come to see me?” her voice cracked slightly from all her emotion.

Spike let his hurt turn to anger. “Oh but that’s the thing Pet. I did come to see you, and you know what I saw; you and some git with your hands all over each other.” He bit out sardonically.

Buffy let out a sob. “It’s not what you think.”

“Oh really, then explain to me how you with your arms wrapped around some other guy is nothing,’’ he snapped at her.

Buffy continued to let her tears fall. “We’re just friends. I swear there is absolutely nothing between me and Connor. You have to believe me.” She put her hands over her face and sobbed even harder. How could he think she would just simply move on like that?

Spike felt his heart ache at the sight of her crying in front of him. He wanted to wrap her in his arms and never let her go. His heart was telling him to forgive her right then and there, but his pride wouldn’t let him. He knew what he saw last night and it was still too fresh in his mind to see rationally. Backing away slowly he chocked out, “Sorry Pet, but I have to go.” Turning around he walked over to the attendant, handed her his boarding pass, and got on the plane without looking back.

Buffy stood there frozen in place. He was gone. Emotions hitting all at once she collapsed to floor and began to sob uncontrollably. The attendant at the booth rushed to her, helping her to stand as she asked, “Miss are you okay?”

Buffy looked at the woman with tear-swollen eyes and shook her head ‘no’. The attendant unsure of what to do led her back to the security station at the gate terminal entrance.

Buffy walked through the airport in a daze, her encounter with Spike playing over and over in her head. That was not how she had imagined it at all. She pictured catching him at the last minute and falling into his arms and him kissing her till she was left breathless. Instead, he had simply walked away from her and left. Realizing she had stopped walking she snapped back to reality. Standing before her were Lindsey and the security guard that had let her through the checkpoint.

Lindsey took one look at Buffy and knew it hadn’t gone well. Thanking the attendant for escorting her back, he walked over and wrapped Buffy in his arms. Feeling her weight give he gathered her in his arms and brought her over to a nearby bench. Sitting them down, he lifted her chin so he could look her in the eyes. “Buffy are you alright?” His was voice smooth and comforting.

Buffy felt fresh tears roll down her cheeks as she shook her head ‘no’ and whispered “Lindsey he’s gone.”






TBC


Thanks to BuffyandSpikeForever, Mac, gypsy_jin, Sevvy_O, Brittany, Kimber, blondiebear, Pam, lacey, Mischa, and Kattie for the reviews and sticking with me on this one. I do promise you guys in not the next chapter, but the one after that the Spuffyness begins! Oh, YAY! I broke the 200 mark in reviews, and it's all thanks to you guys! You all rock! Kuddos