Author's Chapter Notes:
Alright Guys. Just one more Chapter till there reunion! Disclaimer in full effect. Oh, before I forget, lets all give a big thanks to Vicki for getting the chapters back so fast. All together now..... THANKS VICKI!!!!!!!!!
Three months later

Buffy stood looking out her window wondering what Spike was doing at that very moment. It had been three months since she saw him at the airport. Three months since he had walked out of her life. She hadn’t so much as heard one word from him since he had been in England. She was beginning to wonder if he was going to stay permanently.

The last three months had been a nightmare for her. She couldn’t sleep and she had no appetite at all. Her OB had gotten on her at her last appointment about her weight, so she made a point to try to eat more for the sake of the baby. All she wanted to do was fall asleep and never wake up, because it was only in her dreams that she was with Spike.

Buffy went and sat in her rocker and rubbed a hand over her swollen tummy as she spoke softly to her unborn child. “Hey in there, are you sleepin’?” a small kick was her response. “I’ll take that as a no,” she chuckled softly and earned another soft kick. “I can’t wait for you to be here. You are going to be the most beautiful baby ever born because you are gonna look just like your daddy. You remember me telling you about him, right? He’s the most gorgeous man I have ever met. I hope you get a chance to meet him. Right now, he’s in England. I’m not sure when he’ll be back, but hopefully some day soon.” Buffy felt hot tears roll down her cheeks. “I’m so sorry that he’s not here for you, but I promise I’m gonna do everything I can to make your daddy come back to us.” Rubbing her belly affectionately, she drifted off to sleep. She was once again in her perfect dream world where she and Spike always lived happily ever after.


Spike sat in the guesthouse of his grandparents’ estate feeling very apprehensive. He would be returning back to the States in the morning and back to the reality he had been avoiding all summer. He had toured all over England and still felt as miserable as the day he left. Nothing he did could make him forget the girl he left shattered at the airport. As soon as he had arrived in London, he knew he had made the wrong decision. Hell, as soon as he got on the plane he knew but he had let his pride get in the way of his heart.

He wrote a letter to Buffy for everyday that he had been in England. Too afraid to mail them, he would tuck them away, hidden in his suitcase. He knew he was being a coward, but the guilt he felt for leaving her was too much. He was positive she hated him. How could she not? He had pretty much called her a liar to her face. When she tried to explain herself, he had merely turned his back on her and left.

Putting his last letter in an envelope, he sealed it and tucked it away with the others in his suitcase. His father had gone out for the evening with an old friend he had grown up with, so Spike was alone for the night. Feeling the need for some company, Spike headed for the main house to visit with his grandmother.

Grace Amelia Adams Livingston was the picture of upper class society. She had grown up in upper class London with her parents till she married Ernest Livingston III. The Livingston family was well known all throughout England for their wealth. When Grace and Ernest’s only daughter married Rupert it didn’t go over to well with the family. But Lily being the strong willed girl she was simply stated she was in love and there was nothing anyone could say or do to change that. Grace and Ernest knowing their daughter, reluctantly gave in and gave them their blessing. Grace had decided it was the best thing they could have done because it gave Lily the life she always wanted.

Spike walked into the huge mansion and headed towards the parlor room. When he didn’t see her in her chair he called out to her, “Gran?” When she didn’t respond he began to search the bottom floor for her. Walking down the hall, he saw Sophie, the housekeeper, walking his direction. Knowing she would know where his Gran was, he made his way to her.

Sophie had worked for the Livingston’s for over thirty years. She came to them at the young age of twenty as just a commoner off the streets, but they had welcomed her into their home and she had been there ever since. Seeing William walking towards her, she approached him with a bright smile in greeting.

“Master William is there anything I can do for you this evening?”

Spike blushed at her formality of his name. He had never been comfortable being called master. Giving her a charming smile, he replied, “Yes Sophie, as a matter of fact there is. I’m looking for my Gran. You wouldn’t happen to know where she is would you?”

She couldn’t help but smile at him. She had always thought he was the most charming young man she had ever met. “Why yes Master William, she’s in her room upstairs. I’m sure she’d love your company.”

Spike gave her a dazzling smile and headed up stairs to his grandmother’s room.

Standing outside her door, he knocked gently and waited to be invited in. Upon hearing a soft ‘Come in William’, he entered her room. Giving her a sheepish grin, he asked, “How’d you know it was me?”

Grace looked up at her grandson from her lounge chair. “Only you and you alone sound like a heard of elephants coming up the stairs.”

Spike chuckled at his Gran and walked over to place a kiss on her cheek. “Sorry Gran, but maybe if the staircase wasn’t a mile long I could be more graceful.”

Grace smiled affectionately at him and patted the ottoman in front of her, gesturing for him to sit.

Spike took his seat and took her frail hands in his. “Gran, there’s something I need to talk with you about.” Grace straightened in her seat and nodded for him to continue. “See… there’s this girl, Buffy. She is the most amazing woman in the world. And well I royally bollixed things up with her bad. What do I do to fix it?”

Grace removed her hands from his and cupped his cheeks. “William, if she is as half as amazing as you say she is, then she will forgive you.”

Spike pulled away from his grandmother and began to pace the room. “No Gran, you don’t understand.” He stopped his pacing and looked at his grandmother. Hesitating for a moment, he continued, “I don’t know if Da’ told you, but Buffy’s pregnant.” He stood there and waited for her reaction.

Grace looked at him with loving eyes. “William come sit down.” Once he was seated, she took his hand in hers and continued. “Your father came to me the night you arrived and told me about the whole situation between you and this young girl. You are a strong man to have endured the heartache that has burdened you for these past months. You are a fighter, just like your mother. You don’t know how to give up. I know in my heart you’ll do the right thing.”

Spike regarded his grandmother with tear-filled eyes. She was so sure of him when he was still so unsure of himself. Letting his tears fall he choked out, “It’s just so complicated.”

“Do you love her?” she asked blatantly.

Spike wiped his tears away and replied earnestly, “With every fiber of my being.”

Grace smiled at him brightly. “Then go to her. Don’t second guess yourself. Instead follow your heart, it’s the only one who truly knows you.” She waited a beat and continued, “William, I see a man before me with a huge heart just waiting for someone to love it. And I know that someone is Buffy. She has your child, your blood William and you don’t give up on blood. You have to go to her and tell her what’s in your heart,” she said with much resolve.

Spike leaned in, hugged his grandmother, and whispered in her ear, “Thanks Gran, I don’t know what I would have done without you.”

Grace pulled away from her grandson and patted his knee. “Well I’ve been around for some time now, so I happened to pick up a few things along the way,” she told him light heartedly.

He let out a booming laugh, “Come now Gran, you don’t look a day over twenty- five.”

She gave him a playful scowl and joined in his laughter. Spike stood and was getting ready to leave when his grandmother stopped him. “William, there’s something I would like to give you before you leave.”

Spike gave her a quizzical look as he watched her cross the room to her bureau. When she returned back to her chair she had a small box in her hand. Spike looked at her with wide eyes as she held out the box to him. Opening the box, his eyes nearly fell out of his head. It was his mother’s diamond ring. Looking back up at her, he stammered out “b-b-ut this i-i-s…” he couldn’t even form a complete sentence.

Grace smiled and finished for him. “Your mother’s ring; well actually, your great, great, great grandmother’s ring. It’s been passed down from generation to generation, and seeing how Lily never had a daughter; it goes to you to give to your bride.”

Spike was in awe. He never would have expected her to give him something like this. Then the thought of Buffy wearing this ring crossed his mind. He couldn’t hide the smile that crossed his features at the idea.

Grace saw the huge smile on her grandson’s face and knew exactly what he was thinking. She let a grin play at her mouth. “I suppose you’ll be needing this here soon,” she said gesturing to the ring.

Spike suddenly saw things in a new light. He was going to get his girl. He didn’t care if he had to go to the ends of the world and back to prove to her what she meant to him; he would do it. She was the mother of his child and nothing could keep him away. Not Joyce, not his father, not anyone. Placing the ring box in his duster pocket, he looked down at his grandmother with determination clear on his face and said, “I suppose you’re right.”


TBC



Thanks to Seraiza, Pam, Alison, Kimber, Aisling, Mac, Lacey, Mischa, DK, B, gypsy_jin, Susan, Becky, tayhaangel, spufette, Brittany, spikes_niblet, BuffyandSpikeForever, Jess, blondiebear, stace, Sevvy_O, and to everyone I may have forgotten. Your reviews mean the wolrd to me! I am still awe struck that there are so many of you guys. Enjoy! Kuddos!