Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer in full effect!
Buffy woke up with warm muscular arms wrapped securely around her. Knowing they were Spike’s, she let a smile play at her lips and snuggled deeper into him. When she felt something hard pressed against her backside she let out a giggle.

Spike felt a tightening in the crotch of his jeans as Buffy wiggled against him. Letting out a low growl, he nuzzled the back of her neck. “You’d best stop all that wiggling of that cute little bottom of yours, otherwise I’ll be threatened to ravage you right here and now,” he said as he kissed and nipped at the spot right behind her ear.

Buffy let out a gasp at his ministrations. She felt a sudden pool of moisture between her thighs. Rolling over in his arms, she gazed at him seductively. “Promise?”

His erection grew even harder from the lust-filled look on her face. Without warning, Spike leaned in and plundered her mouth with his. Just when the kiss was beginning to deepen, they were interrupted by the clearing of someone’s throat. Pulling away quickly, they turned to see Dr. Colbert standing in the doorway.

Buffy straightened up in the bed and attempted to flatten out her bed-tousled hair. Seeing the amused look on the doctor’s face, her cheeks flushed a deep scarlet.

Dr. Colbert bit back the urge to laugh at the embarrassed looks on the blonde couple’s faces and sat in the chair next to the bed.

“Good morning.” Sticking out his hand to Spike, he said, “I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced.”

Spike returned the handshake and replied, “William Giles.”

“Well nice to met you William.” Turning back to Buffy he continued, I just wanted to come by and see how you were doing before they go ahead and discharge you.”

Buffy flashed him a bright smile. “Much better now,” she said as she turned and looked lovingly at Spike. Spike returned her smile and placed a feather-light kiss to her forehead.

“That’s good to hear. I brought the ultrasound machine with me to do one last scan. Do Mom and Dad want to get a look at the baby?”

Buffy turned to Spike, “What do ya say Daddy? You want to see your baby?”

Spike was at a loss for words. Like a mute idiot, he simply nodded his head vigorously.

“Alright, just let me step right outside the door and get the machine. It’ll take a minute to warm up, but then we can have a look at Baby.” The doctor got up from his seat and left the room.

“Have you seen the baby before?” Spike asked once he found his voice.

“Only once at my last appointment.”

Spike felt a pain of guilt run through him. He should have been there to share seeing their baby for the first time. If truth be told, he should have been there for everything. Looking at her with sad eyes, he whispered, “I’m so sorry love. I should have been there with you, I hate that you have had to do all this alone.”

Buffy cupped his cheeks in her hands. “Don’t be sorry Spike. The important thing is that you’re here now. That’s all that matters to me.”

Just as Spike was about to say something Dr. Colbert came back into the room with the ultrasound machine. “Alright Mom and Dad, are we ready to see the baby?” When both blondes nodded, he joined them at the bedside. Lifting Buffy’s gown he squeezed a generous amount of lubricant over her stomach.

Buffy felt goose bumps raise all over her body. Dr. Colbert gave her an apologetic smile and placed the wand in the center of her abdomen. A loud whooshing sound filled the room.

Spike looked at the doctor with wide eyes, “What the bloody hell is that?”

Dr. Colbert chuckled, “That William is the baby’s heartbeat.” Spike looked at him confused. “But it’s so fast, is that normal?”

“I assure you that’s completely normal for this gestation.” Flipping the monitor on, he continued, “Now let’s see if we can get a good look at the baby.” He rolled the wand over her stomach trying to find a position where they could get a good view. Finding one, he froze the frame on the monitor. Using the curser, he pointed out different body parts. “There we have an arm and over here we have a leg and a foot.”

Buffy held a tight grip on Spike’s hand as they watched their baby on the monitor. This was the best moment of her life. Seeing the look on his face as he saw their baby for the first time was indescribable. She felt fresh tears burn her eyes as she leaned her cheek against his chest.

Spike was absolutely amazed. There was his baby all squirming around. It amazed him that something so small was one day going to be placed in his arms. That thought alone brought tears to his eyes. When he felt Buffy rest her head on his chest he lowered his mouth to her ear and whispered, “Can you believe it Buffy, that’s our baby.”

Buffy looked up into his teary blue eyes. “It’s amazing isn’t. We made that, you and me. It’s an absolute miracle.” Love overwhelming her, she pulled his head down and placed the sweetest kiss on his lips.

Dr. Colbert smiled at the young couple and asked, “Do you want to know the sex of the baby?”

Buffy and Spike looked at one another and knew exactly what the other was thinking. Buffy turned to Dr. Colbert and told him matter of factly, “No, we want to be surprised. We’ve waited this long, I think we can wait a few more months.” The doctor nodded his head and shut off the monitor. “Well I have a few more rounds to make, so I need to be going.” Turning to look at Spike he continued, “It was a pleasure to meet you William. I want you to promise me you’ll take extra good care of Buffy. Make sure she doesn’t over do it too much.”

Spike gave him a determined look. “Will do Doc.” Saying their goodbyes Dr. Colbert left. Spike pulled Buffy in a tight embrace. “I can’t believe I just got to see my baby,” he said with awe in his voice.

Buffy snuggled into his arms. “Spike I’m so glad you’re here. I don’t ever want to be away from you again. Promise me you’ll never leave me.”

Spike pulled her back so she could see the sincerity in his eyes. “I swear to you, I will never leave you ever again.” He leaned in and placed a kiss to her lips and then gave her a smirk. “You’re gonna have to beat me off with a bloody stick by the time it’s all said and done with luv.”

Buffy looked at him with a mischievous look. “Just remember, you gave me permission to do it.”

Spike’s face fell serious, “Come home with me.” It was a statement, not a question.

Buffy’s eyes went wide, “What?”

“Come home with me,” he repeated as he punctuated his words more.

“Spike how can I do that? I don’t know if I’m ready to move back to my Mom’s just yet. We may be on somewhat of speaking terms, but I haven’t totally forgiven her for keeping us apart,” she said skeptically.

“I know you and your Mum have a lot to work out still, but I can’t be away from you anymore. I don’t care what I have to do, I’m bringing you home with me Buffy,” he told her resolutely.

Buffy let out a sigh, “Spike I would love to come back to Sunnydale, I just don’t know how that can happen right now.”

Spike could see that he was going to have to do some major convincing. “What if we got a place of our own? Then would you come back to Sunnydale.”

Buffy was taken back by his request. Move in together? That was a huge step. What if it didn’t work out? What if he moved in with her and changed his mind? Sure he said he loved her, but he had never had to share a bathroom with her. Looking at him with fear evident in her eyes she whispered, “What if it doesn’t work out?”

Spike looked at her like she was crazy. “Buffy I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. There isn’t one thing about you that I don’t absolutely adore. What do I have to do to show you that I want to spend the rest of my life with you?”

Buffy still felt a little skeptical. “Spike what about when I leave the cap off the toothpaste or if I use your razor to shave my legs. How about if after the baby I look like a beached whale; will you still want to live with me then?” she asked questioningly.

Spike couldn’t help but laugh at her tirade. “You silly bint, of course I will. I want you no matter what.”

Buffy looked at him with hope filled eyes. “Are you sure?”

Spike was going to show her once and for all how much he wanted to be with her. Getting up from the bed, he walked across the room and picked up his duster. After plundering in the deep pocket, he found what he was looking for and returned to stand next to the bed.

Buffy looked at him confused. ‘What the hell is he doing? I ask him if he’s sure, and he gets up and goes to his duster. I swear to God if he light’s up a cigarette, I will get out of this bed and personally kick his ass.’ Buffy thought to herself as she watched him carefully. When he stopped next to the bed she looked up at him expectantly.

Spike suddenly felt very nervous. His hands were starting to sweat and his knees felt like wet noodles. Taking a deep cleansing breath he said to himself, ‘Okay mate, it’s now or never,’ he pulled out the small velvet box that held his mother’s ring and opened it. Getting down on one knee, he looked deep in her amazingly green eyes and asked, “Buffy, will you marry me?”


TBC



Big thanks to Brittany, Seraiza, Alison, Kattie, shelly, blondiebear, Becky, spufette, spikester0889, gypsy_jin, Lacey, Emmie, KImber, spikes_niblet, stace, Sevvy_O, BuffyandSpikeForever, and apparently both Mac's (how weird is that!) for the reviews. Please keep'm comin'! Kuddos Guys!