Author's Chapter Notes:
Well the reviews have been absolutley pouring in. I am so glad ya'll stuck with me. See I told you it would eventually get to the Spuffyness. Enjoy! Kuddos!


Disclaimer in full effect!
Buffy stared at Spike wide-eyed and slack jawed. She opened and closed her mouth like a guppy trying to make words come out, but the only things that did were small breaths of air.

Spike began to feel panic run through him. He had just asked her to marry him and she sat there looking like a fish out of water. Standing up, he sat next to her on the bed. “Buffy luv, say something.”

Hearing her name seemed to snap her out of her stupor. “Spike I don’t know what to say,” she said breathily.

Spike let a smile grace his beautiful face. “Say yes. Say yes and make me the happiest person alive.” His voice was beginning to tighten with tears.

Buffy looked deep into his cerulean blue eyes trying to read the emotions behind them. What she found made her heart swell. She saw pure love staring back at her. Tears of happiness filled her eyes. The man she had wanted for so long now wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. Giving him a watery smile, she let her answer float off her lips in a breathy whisper, “Yes.”

Spike felt like he might explode from anticipation. It felt like time was standing still while he awaited her answer , then he saw a teary smile grace her beautiful mouth and then the sweetest word he had ever heard in all his life greeted his ears ‘Yes’. Without warning, he lunged in and plundered her mouth with his in the most passionate kiss either of them had ever experienced in their life.

Buffy felt her body singing from the intensity of their mind-blowing kiss. When air became an issue she reluctantly pulled away, but he barley gave her a chance to recuperate before he was slamming her with another. They kissed and nipped at each other’s mouths conveying all their feelings for one another. When the kisses started to turn more languid, the opening of the door interrupted them.

Joyce and Giles stood outside Buffy’s room, their arms laden with balloons and flowers, and knocked lightly. When no one replied, they assumed they must still be asleep and decided to just walk in.

Buffy and Spike pulled away and turned to see their parents standing there with embarrassed looks on their faces. Buffy let out an exasperated sigh, “What is it with people and not knocking around here?”

Giles removed his glasses and began to polish them. “Well, we did knock, but no one answered. We assumed you must be still asleep.” Replacing his glasses, he finished with a blush to his cheeks. “But I see we were clearly mistaken. I do apologize.”

Buffy smiled. “Well I guess I’ll let it slide this time since you come bearing gifts.”

Both parents walked over to the bed and greeted the children with hugs before placing the gifts on the windowsill.

Spike noticed that in his haste to ravage his girl, he never placed the ring on her finger. So, while his dad and Joyce had their backs turned, he removed it from the box and slipped it on her finger. When Buffy snapped her eyes to him, he simply winked at her and placed a chaste kiss to her lips.

Buffy felt a cool band slide over her slender ring finger. She had totally forgotten all about the ring due to the fact she was swept away by mind numbing kisses. She stared down at her hand adoringly. The ring was absolutely stunning. It had three stone, the middle stone was 1 ½ carat flawless round-cut diamond and the two stones that sat on either side of it were ¾ carat each. The band was 18 kt gold with a platinum setting and it fit her finger perfectly, like it had been made just for her. Looking back up at Spike, she couldn’t hide the excitement radiating from her smile. Then out of the corner of her eye, she noticed her mom and Giles staring at them.

Joyce walked back to the foot of her daughter’s bed and was almost blinded by the reflection of the ring that now seemed to adorn her daughter’s very important finger of her left hand. Unable to process words, she just stood there wide-eyed. Giles too noticed a blinding sparkle on Buffy’s ring finger and stood just as stunned as Joyce.

Buffy slowly turned to face the dumbstruck parents and stated matter of factly, “Mom, Giles, Spike and I are getting married. Now before you say anything, I want you to know this is not up for discussion. You two have done enough as it is, so you have NO say so in this. Understood?” Spike chimed in, “Buffy’s right. You two have bollixed things up with us enough, now it’s our turn to call the shots. We are both adults for the most part and we can decide what is best for us. So if you two have something to say, well then sod you both,” he told them flatly.

Joyce took that time to say something, “Yes, you two are right. Rupert and I have no business saying what is right for you, but my only concern is what you plan to do about the future. You both only have high school diplomas. You have no jobs or a place to raise your baby,” Joyce simply questioned concernedly.

Spike was the first to say something. “Joyce I know you’re concerned about our futures, that’s why you did all this in the first place, I see that now. But the fact of the matter is, it only made things worse. If it’s finances you’re concerned with, Buffy will be well taken care of I assure you that, and I plan on going to school still this fall, just married is all. People do it all the time, so it’s not a big deal. I love your daughter with every fiber of my being. I know without a shadow of a doubt she’s who I’m supposed to spend the rest of my life with.”

Buffy gazed at him with watery eyes while he spoke. She realized the man next to her would hang the moon in her window if she asked him to; her emotions were on the brink of total overload. She had never felt this happy or this loved in her life and it was all because of him.

Giles hadn’t said a word the whole time. He kept his face impassive and waited for the right moment to say what he needed to say. When everyone fell silent, Giles spoke up, “I was unaware that your grandmother had given you your mother’s ring, but I can’t think of anyone I would rather have it than Buffy. You two have my complete blessing. If there’s anything I can do to help matters, please don’t hesitate.” He smiled at his son and future daughter-n-law with unshed tears in his eyes. He had once made the mistake of coming between them and it was a mistake he never planned on making again.

Spike got up and wrapped his father in a firm embrace. “Thank you Da’, you have no idea what this means to me,” he whispered in his father’s ear as tears rolled down his chiseled cheeks. Pulling away, he looked at Joyce expectantly.

Joyce looked Spike in the eyes and told him with love, “Welcome to the family.”

Spike was so overwhelmed he grabbed Joyce in a loving embrace and let tears of joy flow freely. He was surprised to say the least by her acceptance. He pulled away and wiped his eyes furiously turning to Buffy. She gazed at him with tears falling down her cheeks and a smile from ear to ear. There weren’t words to describe how happy she was, knowing that everything was going to be the way it should be. Her and Spike together at last.

They all went to Buffy’s bedside and exchanged warm hugs and words of congratulations. For that moment, all was forgotten. They all knew once the emotions had run dry they all had a lot to work through, but for now no one seemed to care.


TBC


Thanks to gypsy_jin, Sevvy_O, Becky, Brittany, stace, Alison, blondiebear, baby spikes, opal, shelly, spuffette, Lacey, Kimber, and Blazing Fire for the reviews! I love you guys! Kuddos!