Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer in full effect. I might be able to post part 2 this evening, but I can't promise anything. This weekend has been the weekend from HELL! Hope you enjoy! Kuddos
One Month later

Buffy stood gazing at her reflection in the floor-length mirror in her bedroom of her mother’s house. She and Spike had both decided to go ahead and get married before the baby was born that way they could be a real family when the baby arrived. So there she stood in her spaghetti strapped crème colored silk dress that Spike had let her special order as his weeding present to her. The dress was absolutely amazing. It was simple yet elegant. The soft silk material flowed over her now filled-out curves to her feet and the neckline plunged slightly to show off her now way more than ample cleavage. Her hair was left to fall in soft waves down her back and was pulled up on one side with a flower pin that was the same material as her dress. She went with natural looking makeup and just accentuated her eyes to make them look bigger. She couldn’t help but smile at herself. This was the happiest day of her life. She was finally going to get her happily ever after. Buffy was so wrapped up in her bliss she never heard her mother come in.

Joyce stood there with tears in her eyes as she watched her daughter from the doorway. She looked like an angel. She thanked anyone and everyone in the heavens above for letting her get to see her baby get married. Buffy had reluctantly moved back home with her after leaving the hospital so she could be closer to William. They still had a lot to work through, but they were definitely taking steps in the right direction. Wiping a tear from her cheek, she walked up behind her daughter and placed her hands on her shoulders.

“Buffy you look absolutely radiant.”

Buffy turned around, looked at her mother with her tear-filled eyes, and smiled. “Thanks Mom.” Buffy felt her own tears surface as she continued, “I know it hasn’t been exactly smooth sailing since I moved back from LA, but I think things are starting to move in the right direction as far as you and I are concerned. You have supported Spike and I in our decision to get married now instead of waiting till after the baby’s born and even gone out of your way to help plan the wedding, so I just wanted to say thank you and that I love you.”

Joyce was overwhelmed by her daughter’s declaration. She had dreamed of the day when she would hear those three simple words come from her daughter’s lips to her ears again. Taking her in a warm embrace, she whispered in her ear, “I love you too sweetheart. I just want you to be happy and if this is what makes you happy, I’m behind you 100 percent.”

Buffy pulled back and wiped the tears from her eyes, careful not to smudge her mascara. Straightening out her dress, she looked up at her mother. “Is Giles her yet with the limo?”

Joyce had been so overwhelmed by the site of her daughter; she had completely forgotten why she had come to her daughter’s room in the first place. “Oh, yes. He’s downstairs waiting for you, so we better get a move on.”

Buffy gave her mother a playful smile. “What, its not like they can start the wedding without me.” Joyce just shook her head and they made their way downstairs.

Giles stood pacing in the foyer wondering what was taking so long. Joyce had said Buffy was ready, yet they had been up there for over 20 minutes. Just as he was about to bellow up the stairs Buffy and Joyce sauntered down them. The site before him left him completely awe stricken and speechless. Buffy looked like an angel floating down from heaven. She was absolutely breathtaking.

Buffy watched the expression on Giles’ face as she descended down the stairs. He looked just like Spike did the first time he felt the baby kick for him. Standing before him, she gazed up at him and questioned, “How do I look?”

Giles shook himself of his stupor and smiled down at his soon to be daughter-n-law. “Buffy you look absolutely…..” his words trailed off as he tried to find the best word to describe her. Finding the perfect word, he whispered out, “effulgent”.

Buffy gave him a watery smile and wrapped him in a warm embrace. “Thank you Giles.” Her words were whisper soft.

Felling his emotions getting the better of him he pulled away and offered her his arm. “Shall we? William is coming by with Xander to pick up your mother, so I don’t want you to still be here when they show, what with bad luck and all.”

Buffy nodded eagerly. “I’m sure Willow is about to climb the walls soon if we don’t hurry up and get her,” Buffy added as she let Giles escort her to the limo waiting for them out front. Turning around she waved goodbye to her mother one last time and slid into the vehicle to make her way to her wedding.


Spike stood in his bedroom fighting with his tie, his hands were shaking so badly he couldn’t get the knot straight. Letting out a growl of frustration he looked over to his best man, Xander. “Do you think you can maybe come over here and tie this bloody thing instead of watching me with that shit eatin’ grin on your face?” he questioned sarcastically.

Xander knew his best friend must be nervous if he was asking another guy to help him with his tie. Unable to resist he walked over with his hands on his hips and said in his best feminine voice, “I swear dear you just can’t do anything for yourself,” as he adjusted his best friend’s tie.

Spike glared at him. “Listen whelp, just ‘cause I’m gettin’ married today doesn’t mean I won’t thoroughly kick your nancy boy ass!”

Xander threw up his hands in surrender. “Hey just trying to lighten the mood a bit.” Taking on a more serious tone, he asked, “Are you nervous?”

Spike looked at his friend and smiled. “Not a bit, I’m just so damn excited that I feel like I might explode if I don’t see her soon.”

Xander gave him a sly smile. “Save that for the honeymoon buddy. I don’t think a big ol’ nasty stain on the front of your new suit would go over well with the soon to be misses.”

Spike rolled his eyes at him, but he had to laugh because he had totally walked right into that one. Looking in the mirror one last time, he nodded his head in approval and turned back to Xander. “What do ya think? Do I look ready to go marry the girl of my dreams?”

Xander stood back and put a finger to his lip like he was in deep thought. When Spike growled at him he decided now would be the time to speak up. “Well aside from the pink tie, you are definitely the man for the job.”

Spike looked down at the blush colored tie and smiled. He and Buffy had a little squabble at the formal wear shop on him wearing what he called ‘the ponceiest bloody tie known to man’, but Buffy had assured him that he was manly enough to pull it off and if he did wear it, she would reward him by wearing nothing but said tie for him later on. So, he bought the tie no questions asked and grabbed one for Xander as well. He’d be damned if he was gonna look like a fruit all by himself.

Spike looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “Listen mate, you’re one to talk,” he said as he pointed to the identical tie hanging from his best man’s neck.

Xander puffed out his chest. “Well I at least can pull it off without looking like one of those guys that walk the catwalk in those fruity run way show thingies.”

Spike let out a chuckle and raised his eyebrow further. “And you know about this how exactly.”

Xander looked at him and got as flustered as a wet hen. Punching him in his arm he grumbled, “Let’s just go get Joyce and get your ass to the wedding already.”

Spike let out a huge belly laugh and slapped his friend on the back. “Well mate, you know I always did wonder about you.” Xander glared at him and pushed him out the door so they could go pick up Joyce.


Giles and Buffy rode in silence till Buffy had something to say. Turning to Giles, she gave him a warm smile. “Giles you have no idea how much it means to me to have you give me away, I mean my own dad didn’t even have the decency to show up.” She stared down at her lap for a minute and then continued, “So I just want to say I love you and I couldn’t have asked for a better father-n-law than the one I’m getting today.”

Giles was blown away. The young girl he had thought of as his own daughter all these years had said the most beautiful heartfelt words he had ever heard. Letting the tears fall from his eyes, he took her hands in his, brought them to his lips, and placed a kiss on her knuckles. “Buffy that was the sweetest thing you could have said to me. You have always been like a daughter to me and now I’ll have the privilege of sharing my last name with you. I can’t think of anything in this world that can make me happier than you marrying my son today. I so wish Lily was here to see this. She would have truly adored you.” Giles said through his tears.

Buffy removed one of her hands and wiped at her now fallen tears. She had never met Spike’s mom because she had died from cancer before they moved to Sunnydale, but she had seen pictures and she was one of the most breath-taking women Buffy had ever seen. Squeezing Giles’ hand she said. “She is with us. She’s looking down and smiling on us right now.”

Giles closed his eyes and pictured his late wife smiling at him adoringly. It warmed his heart to know that Lily was indeed going to be apart of their son’s special day. Opening his eyes, he gazed at Buffy. “Thank you for reminding me that she’s still apart of us, you are truly an amazing girl Buffy Anne Summers and it will be an honor to call you my daughter-n-law.”

Buffy leaned over and gave him a hug as she whispered in his ear, “I love you Giles.”

Giles felt his heart swell and replied, “I love you too dear.”

When they felt the car pull to a stop, they pulled apart and slipped out of the car to get Willow. Once they were all securely in, they made their way to the beach where Buffy’s soon to be husband awaited.


TBC



Thanks to Alison, gypsy_jin, Becky, stace, Brittany, Kimber, Lacey, Pam, BuffyandSpikeForever, and Sevvy_O for all the lovely reviews. You guys are the best! Kuddos!