Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so glad everyone liked the last chapter. Love scenes aren't always my forte. Well I hope you enjoy! Disclaimer in full effect. Kuddos!
Two months later

Buffy stood in the bathroom putting the finishing touches on her makeup. They were going out with Willow and Xander that evening to celebrate their engagement. Buffy put away her makeup in the drawer and walked over to the closet to find something to wear. Her brow creased in a frown. Lately finding clothes always seemed like such a chore. She felt like she was going to pop any day now. It was only the first week in December, so she still had two weeks left, but her body protested otherwise. Picking through her things she finally settled on her favorite black wrap around maternity top and a white flirty skirt. Her feet were always swollen, so she found a cute pair of black flip-flops to complete her ensemble. Standing in front of the mirror, she inspected her outfit. With a frown marring her beautiful face, she just stared at herself.

Spike sat in the living room watching TV. Looking at his watch, he let out a sigh. They were going to be late for their reservations if Buffy didn’t get her ass in gear. Pulling himself off the couch, he went to their bedroom to see what the bloody hell was taking so long.

He walked in the room to see Buffy standing in front of the mirror with a frown on her face. Her bottom lip was jutted out in a small pout and she looked absolutely adorable. Walking up behind her, he wrapped his arms around her swollen middle as best he could and nuzzled her neck.

Buffy felt Spike’s arms wrap around her and snuggled into his embrace. Looking down at his hands that could no longer wrap around her waist, she let out a groan of disgust and wrenched herself out of his arms.

Spike looked at her confused when she pulled away from him. “Luv what’s wrong?”

Buffy let out a huff. “Look at me. I’m all fat and nasty. You can’t even wrap your arms around me anymore because I’m so huge,” she said with a whine.

Spike walked over to her and pulled her in his arms. “Luv you look absolutely amazing.” He told her as he placed a chaste kiss to her lips.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “You’re just saying that to make me feel better.”

“Well yes luv, but it’s the truth. I have never seen you look more radiant in my life. You’re pregnant with my child. Nothing on earth can compare to that,” he said sincerely.

Buffy felt tears begin to prick her eyes. “Oh Spike, that is the sweetest thing you could have ever said to me.”

Spike placed a sweet kiss to her lips. “I love you, and you just have to remember that you won’t be pregnant forever. Now let’s get a move on before we’re late.”

Buffy wiped at her eyes and nodded her head. “Yeah, I don’t think Willow would be too happy if we’re late. She’s been dieing to show me her ring.”

Spike placed a kiss to her forehead. “Alright let’s get our coats and get going then.” As Spike walked out the room, she went to follow, but stopped when a small pain hit her suddenly. Not wanting to make a big deal about it, she took a cleansing breath and followed her husband out the door.

Willow and Xander sat at the bar waiting for their best friends impatiently. Xander looked at his watch and looked at the door. “They we’re supposed to be here ten minutes ago. I put good money on it that those two are goin’ at it like rabbits right now.” He said with aggravation evident in his voice.

Willow smiled at her new fiancé. “Sweetie, they’ll be here soon. They just weren’t as smart as us to get ready in time to give them ‘extra’ time before they had to leave.” She said as she raised her eyebrows suggestively.

Xander smiled at her goofily. He felt a tightening in his cargo pants at the thought of him and Willow not just thirty minutes ago having their ‘extra’ time together as she so eloquently put it. Adjusting himself, he smiled at her suggestively. “Well after dinner we can go home and have some more ‘extra’ time if you want.”

Willow blushed and was about to lean in for a kiss when she noticed the blond couple they had been waiting for walk in. With a bright smile, she waved her hand furiously and called them over. “Buffy, Spike over here,”

Buffy saw her friend flailing her hand in the air and pointed in her direction. “Sweetie, I think Willow and Xan are over there.”

Spike let out a chuckle. “What gave it away?” Hand in hand, they walked over to the bar and greeted their friends.

“Hey guys, sorry we’re late, but I was having another ‘I’m so fat and disgusting’ moment.” Buffy told them apologetically.

Xander hoped off his stool and hugged the very pregnant girl. “Buffster you are not disgusting. If I wasn’t commitment man I would be all over you,” he told her as he placed a kiss to her cheek, earning a smack from his fiancé.

Spike let out a growl. “Watch it mate. I can still kick your ass any day of the week,” he said warningly.

Buffy let out a laugh as she snaked an arm around her husband’s waist. “Isn’t he cute when he gets all possessive?”

Willow linked arms with Xander. “Yeah, well I’m not worried. I know Xander’s not going anywhere. See, I have the ring to prove it.” She said proudly as she stuck her left hand out for the blonde couple to admire.

Buffy dropped her arm from Spike, grabbed Willows hand and gasped. “Wills that is gorgeous! I am so excited for you; I can’t wait to start planning the wedding!” she chirped excitedly.

Spike leaned over and placed a kiss on Willows cheek. “Congratulations Red, I know you and the whelp here will be happy.”

Willow blushed profusely. “Thanks Spike, I know if we’re half as happy as you two are then we will be.”

Spike looked at Xander and gave him a sly grin. “Well mate, looks like you finally did it,” he said as he shook his hand. Pulling him close so only he could hear, he whispered, “I guess now we know you two won’t die virgins, yeah.”

Xander pulled back, his face red with embarrassment. “Shut up Spike,” he said indignantly.

Spike let out a full laugh. This got the attention of the two girls. In unison, they both said, “What’s so funny?”

Xander grabbed Willow’s hand and hastily lead her over to the hostess station as he said “Nothing at all.” Willow looked at him confused and he just simply muttered, “Don’t ask.”

Buffy put her hands on her hips. “Spike, what did you say?” she asked warningly

Spike looked at her full of innocence. “Nothing,” as he grabbed her hand and followed the other couple. Buffy gave him a look that said ‘you are so full of it’ and muttered “yeah right.”

Approaching Xander and Willow, they stopped and looked at them questioningly. “So when can we sit?” Buffy asked.

“Our table should be ready in a few.” Xander replied as he added, “Why don’t we head back over to the bar and get a drink while we wait.”

Everyone was in agreement, so they went to the bar to get their drinks. As Buffy walked over she felt a sharp pain in her side. There was that pain again, but the one earlier hadn’t been this strong. Trying not to panic, she took a deep breath and followed her husband and friends to the bar. She didn’t need to mention it to the others ‘cause it was nothing, right?

Spike noticed his wife looked a little flushed and voiced his concern. “Baby, are you alright? You look a little flushed.”

Buffy smiled at him. “I’m fine, really. I guess I’m just not used to carrying around all this extra weight is all.” She told him reassuringly, even though she was a little worried herself.

Spike leaned over and placed a kiss to her temple. “We can do this another night if you’re too tired luv.” He said with concern in his eyes.

Buffy shook her head. “No, I’ll be fine once we sit down.” This apparently appeased him because he nodded his head and turned to watch the game with Xander.

She was talking to Willow about the upcoming wedding when another sharp pain hit her hard. Wincing, she grabbed at her abdomen.

Willow looked at her with concerned eyes and asked “Buffy are you okay?”

Buffy looked up at her friend with wide eyes as a river flowed from between her thighs. In almost a whisper, she replied, “Oh God! I think my water just broke.”

Willow mirrored her look and gasped, “Are you sure?” Following Buffy’s gaze to the now soaked floor, there was no doubt about it, her water had broke.

Buffy calmly turned around, tapped her husband on the shoulder, and waited for him to turn around.

Spike was completely enthralled in the game. He absently responded to someone tapping his shoulder. “Yeah?”

Buffy took a deep breath and prepared herself for the inevitable freak out her husband was going to have. “Sweetie, my water just broke,” she told him calmly.

Being preoccupied with the game, he muttered back, “That’s okay luv, we’ll get you another one.”

Buffy let her jaw drop. What a complete moron. Smacking the back of his head, she glared at him.

Spike whipped around and rubbed the back of his head. “Bloody hell woman, what’d you do that for?”

Buffy gave him a menacing look. “You asshole! Not that kind of water, THIS kind of water.” She told him as she gestured to her swollen mid-section.

Spike’s eyes went wide with realization. “Oh Fuck! The baby! Oh god Buffy we need to get you to the hospital!” he said hysterically.


Buffy rolled her eyes and gave him a ‘duh’ look. “You think?”

Willow and Xander both stood there in shock. Spike snapped them both back by barking out orders. “Xander go get the car and pull it to the curb. Willow you call Joyce and tell her go to our house, grab Buffy’s bag and meet us at the hospital. I’ll walk Buffy out to wait for Xander.” When neither of them made an effort to move, he growled out “NOW!” Instantly they both sprang into action.

Turning to Buffy, he looked at her with apologetic eyes. “God Luv, I’m so sorry. I’m such a git for not understanding what you were talking about,” he said as he peppered kisses on her face.

Just as Spike was kissing her, another sharp pain shot through. Letting out a small groan she looked at him with determined eyes. “Spike right now I don’t care. Just hurry up and get me to the hospital. Okay?”

Seeing his wife in pain snapped him back to the task at hand and he slowly started walking her to the door to go wait for Xander. Just as they got outside, Xander pulled up with the car and Willow came running out the door. “I talked to Joyce and she’s meeting us there.” Willow said hurriedly as she helped Spike load Buffy in the back seat. Once both blondes were securely in, Willow got in the front seat and they made there way to Sunnydale General.



TBC



Thanks to gypsy_jin, Sevvy_O, lacey, Jess, lily, Brittany, BuffyandSpikeForever, Kimmy, stace, and kerry for the reviews. They mean the world to me! Kuddos!