Author's Chapter Notes:
As much as I hate to say this, only two chapters to go. Thanks to Vicki for the awsome beta job! Well enjoy! Kuddos!
Buffy slept off and on for the next few hours. It was hard to get any real kind of sleep with someone coming to check your cervix every hour or so. Buffy heard voices in the room and slowly began to stir. She saw Spike standing on the other side of the room talking with the nurse and her family doctor, Dr. Olsen.

Spike was chatting with the good doctor when he noticed out of the corner of his eye that his princess was beginning to wake up. Turning to her, he smiled. “Get a good nap luv?”

Buffy yawned. “Well for the most part, but it’s hard when someone’s constantly waking you up.”

Nurse Betty walked over to her bedside. “Sorry, but I’m afraid it’s a necessary evil. But the good news is that you’re fully effaced, so we can start pushing soon.”

Buffy sat upright in the bed and felt a sudden pressure between her thighs. Looking up at the nurse with wide-eyes and she said, “I think you’re right, I feel like I have something wedged between my legs.”

The nurse smiled at her reassuringly. “Buffy that’s completely normal. The baby has made its way to the birth canal. Because of the epidural, you should just feel pressure.”

Dr. Olsen came to the bedside. “Well hello Buffy, it’s good to see you again.” Buffy smiled at him. “Well I think it’s time we get your husband here in some scrubs so we can get ready to have this baby,” he said cheerfully. Turning to the nurse, he continued, “Betty, why don’t you take William here to get ready while I prep Buffy?” Nurse Betty ushered Spike out the door and down the hall. When the door was closed, Dr. Olsen brought his attention back to Buffy.

“Alright Buffy, lets sit the bed up so we can make sure you are as comfortable as possible.” Taking the remote for the bed, he raised it to a full sitting position.

Buffy adjusted herself in the bed and looked at the doctor with nervous eyes. “Dr. Olsen, I’m not sure if I can do this. What if I can’t push the baby out?” She had heard horror stories of babies getting stuck and the doctors having to cut them out.

Dr. Olsen patted her leg. “Buffy don’t worry. I have taken all things into consideration. You should be more than able to give birth naturally. If I see any complications what so ever, we’ll do a cesarean birth.”

Buffy let out a sigh of relief. She was more than satisfied the he had taken the time to think of everything. Once Dr, Olsen had her ready to go, Spike and Nurse Betty walked in. Buffy had to bite back a giggle at the sight of Spike in scrubs. He looked like a kid playing dress up.

Spike returned to Buffy. Leaning down so he was eye level with her, he looked her deep in the eyes. “Okay kitten, this is it. When this is all over we’re gonna have the most beautiful baby that Sunnydale has ever seen.” His voice was thick with emotion.

Buffy gave him a watery smile and pressed a kiss to his lips. “Let’s do this,” she told him as confidently as she could.

Dr. Olsen took position between her thighs and started giving instructions. “Okay now William, I need you to take Buffy’s leg and bring it up as far to her chest as you can just like Betty has.” Spike looked over at the nurse on the other side and mirrored her position. “Good, now Buffy on my count I want you to take a deep breath and push down and hold it till I tell you to release.”

Buffy nodded her head and tried not to let her nerves get the better of her. When everyone was in position and ready to go the doctor began.

“Deep breath, now push.”

With a grunt, she bared down as hard as she could while the nurse kept count for her. She felt this unbelievable pressure between her legs, but it wasn’t exactly painful. When she was starting to see stars behind her eyes, she heard Dr. Olsen’s soothing voice.

“Good, now release.”

Buffy pushed for what felt like forever. Hours passed and she felt completely drained. She looked over at Spike with tired eyes. “I don’t think I can push anymore,”

Spike wiped the sweat from her brow and stroked her cheek. “Come on kitten, you’re almost there. You are doing great.” He told her proudly.

Buffy looked to Dr. Olsen with pleading eyes. “Dr. Olsen I don’t know how much longer I can last, please tell me it’s soon.”

Dr. Olsen smiled at her. “Soon Buffy, I just need you to give me a few more good pushes.”

Buffy felt a new wave of energy course through her and nodded her head with determination.

Dr. Olsen gave his instructions. “On my count, one, two, three, push…..”

Buffy pushed as hard as she could. “ARGHHHHHHH”

“Again, push”

Buffy squeezed the hands holding hers and pushed “AHHHHHHHHHHHHH” taking a deep breath she prepared herself again.

“Alright Buffy one last push and your baby will be here.”

At those words, Buffy gave it her all and pushed with everything she had in her. “AGHHHHHH SPIKE!”

Spike held her hand tight and talked in her ear. “Almost there luv, you can do it!”

Then the room was filled with the sweetest sound Buffy had ever heard, the cries of her newborn child. She collapsed back on the bed and cried happy tears.

At the sound if his baby’s cries, Spike felt hot tears course down his cheeks. This was the best moment of his life. He was a father. Leaning down he kissed his wife’s sweat soaked brow. “You did it luv.” Buffy looked up at him with exhausted eyes and whispered, “No, we did it.”

Dr. Olsen held up the baby for the proud parents and exclaimed, “Congratulations, it’s a girl!”

Buffy and Spike held each other as tears ran down their faces. They were the proud parents of a healthy baby girl.

Dr. Olsen looked over and asked Spike, “Dad would you like to cut the cord?” Spike looked at him with awe-filled eyes. Walking over he took the offered scissors in his hand and clamped down tightly. When he felt them give, he stared at the face of his screaming baby with teary eyes. She was absolutely beautiful.

The Nurse took the baby, cleaned, and weighed her so she could hand her over to her mom and dad. Walking over to Buffy’s bedside, she placed the baby in her mother’s awaiting arms.

Buffy had to blink back her tears to get a good look at her daughter. She was the most gorgeous thing she had ever seen. She had soft blonde hair and the most angelic face she had ever seen. “Well hey there little one, you finally decided to come out so we could see you, huh. You are the prettiest baby in the whole world, yes you are.” She cooed at her now sleeping daughter. Looking up at Spike, she asked, “Want to hold her?”

Spike looked at her with awe-filled eyes. Carefully he accepted the baby from his wife. He snuggled her in his arms as he looked down on her adoringly. “Well ‘ello bit, I’m your da’. I’ve been waitn’ for some time now to hold you in m’ arms.” At the sound of his voice, the small baby opened her eyes slightly and yawned. Spike felt his heart swell. She had his eyes. “Oh, that’s a big yawn you got there. Well I bet you’re a bit knackered from your big trip into this world aren’t you.” His voice was whisper soft. He had never loved anything so fast in his whole life. The nurse walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder. “Dad why don’t you and baby come with me to the nursery and as soon as we get mom settled you can take your little one up.”

Spike placed one last kiss to Buffy’s brow and followed the nurse out the door.

Buffy watched as her husband and new baby girl walked out the door. She closed her eyes and tried not to concentrate too much on the doctor that was stitching her up.


Spike followed the nurse down the hall to the nursery. Since it was so late, no one was in the halls. Once inside, Nurse Betty took the sleeping baby from his arms and set her in a small bed. Spike couldn’t get enough of the sleeping baby. It was an absolute miracle to him that this tiny person had been snuggled securely inside of his wife. Looking at the nurse, he asked, “How much does she weigh?”

“She’s 6 lbs. 8 oz. and 19 ½ inches long.” The nurse replied. Spike smiled proudly. “I’ll be right back; I want to let our family know the good news.” The nurse smiled and nodded her head as the young man flew out the door.

Spike ran through the hall and into the lobby. With a huge grin on his face, he shouted, “It’s a Girl!”

Joyce, Giles, Xander, and Willow all about jumped out of their skin at the sound of someone shouting. All eyes snapping toward the voice they heard “It’s a Girl!” They all jumped up and ran over to the euphoric man standing by the door. They all hugged and exchanged words of congratulations.

Joyce grabbed Spike and pulled him into a hug, in a watery voice she said, “Hey there Daddy, you two did it!” Spike pulled back and smiled at her through his tears. “Oh Joyce you should see her, she’s absolutely gorgeous. She has these little tiny fingers and the cutest little button nose you’ve ever seen,” he boasted proudly.

Anxiously Spike let everyone know that they could come to the nursery window and see her. Hurriedly, they followed Spike to the big glass window to get their first look at the newest member of the Giles family. Once outside the window, everyone let out gasps and awes over the sleeping bundle.

“She is da sweetest baby ever,” Willow said in a baby voice.

“Oh look at my perfect little granddaughter, you are the most precious thing, yes you are.” Joyce cooed as tears ran down her cheeks.

The men hung back a little and let the women press against the glass and make faces and noises at the baby.

Xander took Spike in a masculine hug. “Congrats man! She really is a doll.”

Spike returned the hug and replied “Thanks Xand,” puling away he gave him a smirk. “Now it’s your turn.”

Xander shook his head defiantly. “Uh uh, that’s all you buddy, no babies for Xander for at least a few more years.” Willow chose that time to walk up. “But look at her she’s so cute,” she half whined half cooed. Xander looked over at Spike with a look, “Great, now look what you’ve done, before you know it we’ll be up to our ears in babypalooza.”

Spike just laughed as Xander was being dragged back to the window to get another look at the baby. Spike looked over at his father who had a look of pride on his face. Smirking he asked, “What’s with the ‘I’m the man’ look.”

Giles turned to his son. “William this is truly a proud moment for me. You have gone from a boy to a fine young man. You are now a father and you to will see the joys and the heartache that this will bring you in life; I just pray that you cherish every moment, the good and the bad,” he said lovingly.

Spike fought back the tears that were stinging his eyes from his father’s sentiment. Looking at his father, he gave him a proud smile. “Well I think I will since I had such a good example to go on.”

Giles felt tears run down his cheeks at his son’s admission. Pulling him to him, he wrapped his arms around him in a tight embrace. “William, I love you son.”

Spike returned the hug and choked out, “I love you too Da’.”

After everyone had gawked over the baby, Spike told them that he was going to take the baby on up and for them to meet him in Buffy’s room in about thirty minutes.

Understanding that the new family wanted sometime alone before everyone barged in, they all agreed and went to get their things before meeting in Buffy’s room.


Spike slowly opened the door and saw his wife resting peacefully. Careful not to wake her, he rolled in his daughter’s bed and parked it next to Buffy. Taking the small bundle out, he began to walk around the room as he talked to her. “Look bit, your mum’s fast asleep, wore her out you did. But that’s okay, I’ll keep you company till she wakes up, we just have to be real quiet s’all.” As soon as the words left his mouth, the small baby began to whimper. “Come now bit, thought we just talked about this.”

Buffy heard a small whimper and slowly opened her eyes. She looked over to see Spike trying to convince his daughter to not cry. Letting out a chuckle she spoke up, “She’s probably hungry.”

Spike turned to the now awake woman in the bed. Smiling brightly he walked over to her. “Hey luv. I tried to make a deal with little bit here to let you sleep a little longer, but she just wasn’t havin’ it.”

Buffy smiled and held her arms out for her daughter. Spike placed the fussy baby in her arms and watched them adoringly. There they were, his two favorite girls.

Buffy nestled the baby in her arms. Instinctively, the baby nudged her head against Buffy’s swollen breast. Buffy felt a slight burning sensation in her chest and looked down at her daughter. “Is someone hungry?” When her daughter began to fuss more and nudge her harder, she took that as a yes.

Reaching up, she unclasped the shoulder of her gown and exposed her swollen breast. Carefully she brought it to her baby’s mouth and coaxed her to open her mouth. The baby took Buffy’s nipple and began to suckle furiously. Buffy felt like every draw was coming from between her thighs. She breathed heavy as her uterus began to contract. Once the suckling slowed down, Buffy relaxed, watching her daughter feed.

Spike watched as Buffy exposed her breast and brought it to his daughter’s mouth. There was nothing erotic about what he saw; in fact, it was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen. Coming to sit next to her on the bed, he placed a kiss to her temple and stared down at his daughter. “This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.” Turning his attention to Buffy, he continued. “Buffy, you were amazing today. I’m so proud of you. You have made me the happiest man alive,” he said as tears ran down his face.

Buffy wiped the tears from his eyes and placed a kiss to his lips. “Well, I didn’t do this alone. You stood by me the whole time, never once did you leave me. I couldn’t have done this without you William. I will love you from now until the end of time for giving me my most precious gift.” Her voice was full of love and devotion. There was no other way for her to express her gratitude to her wonderful husband.

Spike was at a loss for words. No one had ever said anything remotely close to what his wife had just expressed. Smiling madly, he pressed a firm kiss to her lips, but was soon interrupted by the fussing of the small baby in Buffy’s arms.

Buffy clasped her gown and placed her daughter on her shoulder to burp. Once a small burp escaped, she switched sides and offered her other breast to the still hungry baby. Once she noticed the baby was asleep, she covered herself and handed the baby to Spike. “Here you can burp her this time.”

Spike looked at her with panicked eyes. Buffy just chuckled and gave him instructions. “Place her up on her shoulder and pat her on the lower back softly.”

Spike did as he was told and slowly began to pat her back. After a minute, he heard a small burp and then something warm run down his shoulder.

Buffy couldn’t help but laugh at the look on his face. “I take it all that passing her back and forth didn’t sit too well with her tummy.”

Spike passed the baby back to her mother and studied his shirt. “S’all right, not my clothes anyways. I guess it’s safe to say that I’ve been christened.”

Buffy gave him a sly smile. “Nope, not until she’s peed on you.”

Spike gave Buffy a petrified look. Buffy laughed out loud and shook her head. Just then, Giles and Joyce walked in with balloons and flowers.

Buffy and Spike both smiled at them brightly. Joyce came over to the bedside and gazed at her granddaughter. “Oh, you’re even more beautiful up close. Oh Buffy, can I hold her?” Buffy handed over the now sleeping baby to her mother.

Joyce slowly began to rock her in her arms as she walked over to Giles.

Spike noticed the slight rocking motion of Joyce’s arms. “I wouldn’t jostle her too much if I were you.” He warned playfully as he gestured to his shoulder.

Joyce and Giles both laughed as they admired the baby. Giles looked over to Spike and Buffy sitting on the bed. “She is quite remarkable. She reminds me of William as child.”

Buffy squeezed Spike’s hand. “She even has his eyes.”

Joyce shook her head. “But I see a lot of Buffy in her too. That is the same nose that Buffy had when she was born.”

Buffy looked at her mother horrified. “Don’t say that, I don’t want her to have my nose.”

Spike chuckled and tweaked the end of her nose. “You have a gorgeous nose luv.” Buffy rolled her eyes and gave him a ‘yeah right’ look. Then looking back at their parents, she noticed some people were missing. “Where’s Willow and Xander?”

Joyce absently answered her daughter as she fussed over the baby in her arms. “Oh they had to get going, something about ‘extra time’. Really, I have no clue what they were talking about, but they left in a hurry.”

Buffy and Spike looked at each other and exchanged knowing glances, then both let out a sigh knowing it would be a long time before they would have ‘extra time’ together.

Giles noticed the look being exchanged between his son and daughter-n-law and knew exactly what the hasty departure was about. Cleaning his glasses, he changed the subject. “So have you two decided on a name?”

Buffy sat there as two pairs of expectant eyes watched her. She turned to look at Spike. “I was thinking of calling her Lillian Joyce, after both our mothers.”

Spike felt fresh tears burn his eyes. “I think its perfect Luv.” They both turned to see their parents’ reaction.

Joyce and Giles smiled at their children with watery eyes. Joyce was the first to say something. “I think it would be an honor for you to give her my name,” she said proudly as she returned her attention back to the baby.

Giles wiped the tears from his eyes. “I can’t think of a more perfect name. Lily would be so proud to share her name with this perfect child.” He knew his late wife was smiling down from heaven on them right now.

Buffy and Spike watched as their parents doted over Lily. They had never seen so much love in their parents’ eyes as they did right then.

Giles took the small baby from Joyce’s arms and held proudly in his arms. “Welcome to the world Lily, it is now a truly wonderful place now that you’re in it.”



TBC



Thanks to Melly, Sevvy_O, gypsy_jin, Seraiza, Pam, Blazing Fire, Brittany, blondiebear, Brat, lacey, stace, Lily, Becky, BuffyandSpikeForever, and to anyone else that reviewed my fic. You guys are absolutley beautiful! Kuddos!