Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow, this is bitter sweet for me. Where do I even begin. Thanks to Vicki my awsome beta who was always quick to get my chappies back to me, thanks a million girl!. Also to Jen, this fic would have never happend if not for her pushing me to go with my gut instincts, for this I will forever be in your debt, much luv! But last and certianly not least, to you the reviewers. You guys kick ass! You always pushed me to keep going, even when I was unsure of myself, so a million times, THANK YOU!!!!!!! Kuddos!

Much luv and blessings to you all, Angela

Disclaimer in full effect. Enjoy!
Buffy stood in front of the mirror pulling her hair into a loose ponytail. Today was the day they would take Lily home. It still amazed her that she was a mother. Walking out of the bathroom, she looked over the room to make sure she had all her things together so she would be ready to leave when Spike got there.

Hearing the tell tale signs of her hungry daughter; she walked over to the small crib and picked up the fussy baby. “Hey gorgeous, is someone getting hungry?”

Lily nudged against her full breast in response and whimpered softly. Buffy settled herself on the bed and exposed her breast to her daughter’s waiting mouth. Once she had fully latched on, Buffy closed her eyes and embraced the bond between mother and daughter. Just as Lily was done nursing, Buffy heard a soft knock at the door.

Spike made sure he got up early that morning so he could hurry up and get to his wife and daughter. He had a spring in his step at the thought of finally getting to bring them home. The last two days had been hard for him. This was the first time since he and Buffy had been married that he hadn’t shared a bed with her, so he was more than anxious to get her home. Making sure everything was ready; he grabbed the car seat and headed out the door.

Buffy smiled brightly at her husband as he walked in the room with a car seat in hand. It was almost comical to see Spike ‘Mr. I’m the big bad’ carrying a baby seat. Biting back a chuckle she teased playfully, “Oh, how cute are you with the wittle car seat.”

Spike rolled his eyes. “I’ll have you know that babies are a chick magnet, thank you very much,” he replied indignantly.

Buffy let out a full laugh. “You keep telling yourself that.”

Spike set down the seat and walked over to the bed. Placing a kiss on both his girls’ foreheads, he sat down beside Buffy. “So you two ready to go home?”

Buffy handed Lily to him and stood up gingerly. “More than ready. What about you Daddy, you ready to take us home?”

Spike gazed at the now fast asleep baby in his arms. “Oh yeah, I didn’t sleep a wink last night I was so excited about today.”

Buffy ran her fingers through his soft curls. “Well then let’s get Miss Lily in her car seat and let the nurses know we’re ready to go home.

Once all the paper work was signed, Nurse Betty brought a wheelchair, totally against Buffy’s will, and escorted them to the door.

Spike carried flowers, balloons and Buffy’s bag in one hand and toted Lily’s seat in the other. Having left his car in the loading zone, he placed his special cargo in the backseat and helped Buffy slide in next to her. Waving goodbye to the hospital staff that walked them out, they drove off to their house where family and friends were awaiting them.

Buffy had to smile at her husband’s over cautiousness. What should have only been about a ten-minute drive took over twenty minutes. People on bikes seemed to be passing them. When they finally pulled into the driveway of their small house, Buffy looked at Spike in the rearview mirror with surprise. There was a sign hanging from the porch that said, “Welcome home Buffy and Lily’ and pink and yellow balloons had been tied to the mailbox.

Spike flashed her a cheeky grin and got out of the car. Opening Buffy’s door, he helped her out of the car. “Just a little something, but the real surprise is inside.” Buffy gave him a watery smile and kissed him firmly on the lips. “Oh Spike, it’s beautiful.” Her emotions were still on overload from hormones.

Spike carefully got Lily out of the car and decided to come back for the other things later. Taking Buffy’s hand in his he led her to the house. Opening the door, he looked over to watch her reaction.

Buffy felt fresh tears fall down her cheeks. In the living room were all her friends and family waiting to greet them. There were balloons and a big streamer hanging across the room that said ‘It’s a Girl’. Buffy could see presents stacked on the dining room table in shiny paper and gift bags and a small cake with congratulations written on it. Turning to Spike, she smiled brightly and mouthed ‘thank you’.

Spike couldn’t help the smile that crossed his face at Buffy’s awe-filled face. He had arranged for Joyce and Willow to come over and get things ready while he went to pick up Buffy and Lily, and he now knew it was well worth it. When his wife turned to him with her dazzling smile and thanked him, it made his heart swell with pride. Placing a soft kiss to her lips, he ushered her inside so she could enjoy the festivities.

Everyone took turns holding and cooing over the baby while Buffy and Spike opened gifts. They received all kinds of beautiful things. Willow and Xander bought Lily a gorgeous white christening gown since they had been asked to be her Godparents. Joyce and Giles went in together and bought her a bassinet for Buffy and Spike to put in their bedroom, because they both knew neither new parent was going to let that baby out of their sight. Faith and Lindsey’s gift was the one that surprised Buffy the most. It was a homemade quilt made of pieces of Buffy and Spike’s baby clothing. Buffy ran her fingers over the soft material. She saw different pieces of outfits she remembered seeing in pictures of her as a child. Looking up at Faith she asked, “How did you do this?”

Faith gave her a shy smile. “Well when I was pregnant with Sam, I learned how to sew. I got with Mom and Giles, and they gave me old clothes from when you guys were growing up.”

Buffy looked back down at the blanket. With a confused look on her face, she looked back to Faith. “The piece in the center…?”

Faith gave her a smirk, “Is a shirt from you guys now. I took one of your maternity shirts that you left at my house and then went to Giles’ when Will wasn’t home and found one that would match.”

Spikes eyes went wide. The shirt Faith had used was the green shirt he had taken from Buffy’s house the night he went to look for her. He ran his fingers over the worn material and smiled. Looking over at Faith, he said, “Thanks Faith, you have no idea how special it really is.”

Faith felt her cheeks flush as she realized all eyes where on her. “Don’t mention it Blondie, nothing but the best for my niece.”

Once gifts and cake were done, everyone decided to give the new parents some time alone to get settled. They all gave Lily a kiss goodbye and began to shuffle towards the door.

Buffy handed Lily off to Spike. “Sweetie I’m gonna walk everyone out.”

Spike gave her a quick kiss. “Alright luv, I’m just gonna give her nappy a change and lay her down.” Buffy nodded and followed her guests out the door.

Spike got up from the couch and headed to the nursery. Gathering all his supplies, he placed Lily on the changing table. Unsnapping her onesie, he went to his task at hand. “Alright then, just like they showed us at the hospital,” he said trying to jog his memory.

When he opened the diaper, Lily let out a cry. “M’sorry princess, I know that’s cold, but Daddy will be done in just a sec,” he told her apologetically. Quickly he wiped her bottom with a wet wipe and wrapped up the dirty diaper. Placing a fresh one under her small bottom, he sprinkled a little powder and fastened it up carefully as to not hurt her belly button. Taking a moment to admire his handy work, he fastened her onesie and scooped her in his arms. “There now princess, all better. How ‘bout you and me go lay down for a little nap, sound good?”

Spike took her in his and Buffy’s room and sat on the edge of the bed. Kicking off his shoes, he lay down, and settled Lily in the middle of his chest. Rubbing her back softly, he began to sing a soft lullaby.

“Close your eyes,
And goodnight
Go to sleep now my baby
Go to sleep
Go to sleep
Go to sleep and sweet dreams.”

When he felt the slow rise and fall of Lily’s back under his hand, he closed his eyes and let sleep take him over as well.

Buffy said her final goodbyes and went back into the house. Figuring Spike was still changing her diaper, she went back to Lily’s room. Just as she was about to walk in, she heard Spike’s voice in their room. Standing just outside the door, she felt hot tears run down her cheeks as she listened to him sing their daughter to sleep. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever heard. Not wanting to disturb them just yet, she went to the living room and grabbed the quilt Faith made for Lily. When she got back to her room, she found both Lily and Spike fast asleep. Carefully she crossed the room and placed the quilt over them as she placed a soft kiss to both their heads. Taking a seat in the chair in the corner of the room, she curled up and watched them sleep peacefully. She smiled to herself realizing she had finally got her happily ever after.




Thanks to Melly, Sevvy_O, lacey, Brat, Seraiza, Brittany, stace, baby spikes, gypsy_jin, Lily, Mac, Becky, Alison, and BuffyandSpikeForever for the amazing reviews!




Epilouge

Two Years later

Buffy sat on the edge of her little girl’s toddler bed stroking her hair softly. “Alright now Lily it’s time for bed. You wanna hear a story?” Lily nodded her head as she yawned and rubbed her sleepy eyes. Buffy tucked the covers under her tiny arms and placed a kiss to her forehead as she began the story that she told Lily every night before she went to bed.

"Once upon a time, in a land far, far away there was a beautiful princess named Elizabeth. Now Princess Elizabeth had everything she could ever want. She lived in her beautiful kingdom on the hill in the magical place called Sunnydale where she knew everyone and was liked by all.

One day Princess Elizabeth was out for a walk when she ran into her best friend Prince William, who was the most handsome prince in all the land. Princess Elizabeth had always had a secret crush on him but was too shy to say anything. They walked together and talked about how they both wanted to run away and find their own dreams and not have to live up to what their parents had planned for them. As the night grew dark, they both found they didn't want to go home, so they found a spot to lie and look at the stars.

They both drifted to sleep and awoke to the castle guards staring at them. Princess Elizabeth was swept away back to her castle where her Mother waited for her return. When Princess Elizabeth arrived, her Mother was very angry. She had found out that the Princess was alone with Prince William all night long and that she was secretly in love with him. So, to punish her she locked her daughter away in the tallest tower of a castle in a far off land away from Prince William.

Princess Elizabeth was heartbroken that she didn't get a chance to tell the Prince that she loved him or where she was. Princess Elizabeth sat in her tower day in and day out waiting patiently for the day that Prince William would come and rescue her from her prison.

After many months, Princess Elizabeth sat looking out her tower one day and noticed off in the distance her Prince on his white horse coming to rescue her.

When he approached the castle, he stormed the gates and slayed all who got in the way of him and the woman he loved.

Princess Elizabeth was overwhelmed with joy knowing that her Prince had finally come for her after all this time.

Prince William broke through the door and swept Princess Elizabeth off her feet, declaring his undying love for her. Carrying her down the tower steps he placed her on his horse and they rode off together into the sunset where they lived happily ever after.”

Buffy watched as Lily’s eyes fluttered closed and she snuggled deep into her covers. It still amazed her that it had already been two years since she had brought her baby girl into this world. Placing one last kiss to her forehead, she turned off the nightlight and left her room.

Spike stood outside Lily’s room listening to Buffy tell Lily her bedtime story. It was the same every night. It still to this day brought a smile to his face to hear Buffy tell Lily their story. They had gone through so much to get where they were today and still they got their happy ending.

Buffy got to the door and saw her husband standing there with a huge grin on his face. Pressing a finger to her lips, she shut the door behind her.

Spike came up behind her and snaked his arms around her waist. “Lily asleep?” he asked as he kissed her temple. Buffy nodded her head and intertwined her fingers with his.

Spike took their hands and rubbed her swollen middle. “And how’s my little man in there?”

Buffy let out a sigh of content. “He’s finally settled down and stopped kicking.”

Spike turned her in his arms so she was facing him. “Buffy I love you so much. I have everything I could ever want, a wife who loves me, a beautiful little girl, and now a little boy on the way. My life is absolutely perfect.” He said as he gazed deep in her eyes.

Buffy cupped his cheeks in her hands. “I love you too. I can’t even begin to tell you how happy you’ve made me.” This is what she had dreamed of for so long, and now it had finally come true.

He removed his arms from her waist, took her hand in his, and led them to their room. Once in bed, Spike spooned himself against her back and nuzzled her hair. “Buffy who would have imagined we would have ended up where we are right now.”

Buffy snuggled closer to him and let a smile play at her mouth. “I did. I always knew that one day my prince would come.”


The End



A/N Keep an eye out for me, I plan on posting a new fic when my beta comes back from vacation at the end of the month. Hope to see all of you then! KUddos