Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer in Ch.1 in full affect.
Buffy couldn’t believe her eyes. There he was leaning against his car with a cigarette hanging from his lips and looking as sexy as ever. At that moment, he reminded her of a young James Dean. He was wearing his usual black jeans and tight black t-shirt, but today he had on her favorite long sleeve red button up shirt over his black T. His hair was all disheveled and spiky instead of the usual slicked back look. Only one word could sum up how he looked, yummy.

Spike somehow found himself in the parking lot of Dr. Olsen’s office. He had been driving around aimlessly when he spotted Joyce’s car in the car park. His heart skipped a beat at the thought of Buffy being there. Against his better judgment, he pulled in and parked right next to Joyce. He knew Joyce would be rightly pissed, but he didn’t care; he had to see if Buffy was there. He sat in his car for what seemed like forever. Just as he was about to give up, he spotted Joyce walking out of the building. His heart sank in his gut. He was devastated when he didn’t see Buffy. He was about to start the engine and pull away when he caught site of the object of his affections. Taking a deep breath, he slid out of the car and leaned against the hood waiting for Joyce and Buffy to approach him.

Buffy’s first reaction was to run to Spike but was stopped dead in her tracks by a death grip on her arm. Buffy’s head spun around. “Let me go! I need to speak to Spike!” Buffy attempted to free herself form her mothers grip but Joyce held firm.

“Buffy Anne Summers don’t you dare walk over to that boy!” Joyce ground out with a menacing tone in her voice. Buffy stared at her mother as if she had grown three heads. “How can you expect me to walk past him and not say anything?” Buffy’s voice was tight with emotion. She had to tell him what was going on; she owed him that much. With glassy eyes, she looked her mother straight in the eyes and whispered, “Mom, I love him.” Joyce fought the urge to give in to her daughter; she hated to see her this way but knew if she caved in that any chance of fixing this mess would be ruined. With a stone look, Joyce put both her hands on Buffy’s arms. “You WILL not breathe a word of what we have found out today.” Joyce softened her face slightly and let go of Buffy’s arms. “If you love William half as much as you say you do, then you won’t tell him. Buffy you both have your futures to think of and I don’t see a very bright one if you go and throw a baby in the mix.”

Buffy couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Her mother was insinuating she give up her baby. Her body went rigid and she put her hand on her still flat tummy in a show of protection. Buffy glared at her mother and lowered her voice to a defensive tone. “I WILL NOT give up this baby! I don’t care what you say; you have no control over this because it is my body, my decision. Period.” Buffy crossed her arms over her chest and jutted her chin out in finality.

Knowing she was defeated for now and not wanting to cause anymore of a scene Joyce leaned in, “We will discuss this later. Now isn’t the time nor the place for this.” Joyce turned from Buffy and slowly approached the young man leaning against his car that she felt was responsible for ruining her young daughters’ life.

Spike straightened his posture and shoved his hands in his pockets to hide the fact that they were shaking uncontrollably. When Joyce stopped in front of him, he cleared his throat and bit back the fear that was boiling inside him.

“Hello Ms. Summers,” Spike managed to squeak out. Joyce was about to open her mouth and completely unload on him, when Spike broke in.

“I know you told me to stay away from Buffy, but I just had to see if she was here. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about what happened that morning. I never intended on things happening like this. I ‘m truly sorry for all the trouble I may have caused you and your family.” His voice was full of sincerity.

Spike found it very hard to look Joyce in the face. She was looking at him with such loathing and disgust that it sent shivers straight up his spine. Spike looked down at his feet for a moment. His then snapped his head upright at the sound of two small feet approaching.


They locked eyes for a moment, both reveling in the sight of one another. Buffy felt herself spiraling fast. Fighting back the need to fall in his arms and melt into him, she looked away from his intense gaze .

Spike frowned as he took in her appearance. She was considerably thinner and her eyes were red rimmed as if she had been crying. She seemed smaller than he remembered, almost child-like. His hand was itching to touch her. Before he could stop himself, his hand reached out with a mind of it’s own to stroke her cheek. Before he had the chance to graze her soft skin he had been dreaming about Joyce stepped in between them.

“William I think it would be best if you leave.” Joyce said with a flat voice. As Spike went to protest Joyce put her hand up to halt his objections. “William I’m not asking, I’m telling you. Don’t make me have to do something I really don’t want to do.” The tone in Joyce’s voice told Spike that the topic was not up for discussion.

Spike hanging his head in defeat, turned away slowly and made his way to the driver’s side of his car. He glanced back one last time over his shoulder to get a final look at the girl that was being pulled from his world and his heart all over again.

Buffy wanted to cry out in anguish. Spike was so close that she could reach out and touch him, yet he was still too far away; her mother made sure of that. She tried to move around her mother to at least brush her aching hand against the skin she had been craving so much but her mother instantly wrapped an arm around her to block her, ushered her in the passenger side of the car, and shut the door. Buffy pressed her forehead against the window and looked at a very distraught Spike slumped against his door with his head resting on the frame. She let out a choked sob and let the tears that had been stinging her eyes fall like rain as her mother pulled away and back to the prison she now knew as Revello Drive.


Spike looked up as he heard the Summers’ vehicle pull away. With a sigh, he slipped in his car and finally let go of the tears that had been threatening to fall, flow. His heart felt like it had been ripped right from his chest. There was so much he wanted to say to her and yet he said nothing. He berated himself mentally for being such a coward and not standing up to Joyce, but he knew there was really nothing he could have done or said to make things right.

Gaining composure over his raging emotions, a thought crossed his mind, ‘Why were they at Dr’ Olsen’s office?’ Confusion taking over his brain, he sat for a minute. Thinking over the previous encounter with Joyce and Buffy, Spike got the feeling something was terribly wrong. Bound and determined to get some answers, he pulled out of the parking lot and began to come up with a plan.




TBC





Thanks to Blondie Bear, Cee, and inquisitive1. You guys are my first reviews!