Author's Chapter Notes:
Drusilla died in Prauge! This chapter is WAYYYYYY longer!
Please review...

------

Words: 2,959
*School Hard*
“Miss Summers. I expect you and… and… miss… Sheila, to be present at parent teacher night Thursday. You will make the school a welcoming place for parents that feel the need to know the educational progress of their monsters- I mean children. And I mean decorations, refreshments, and as much pleasantries as need be. Do you understand me?” Snyder ranted at the girl, neither of who were particularly interested.

“Yes.” Buffy said trying to act sincere.

“And you?”

“Hmm. Sure.” Sheila muttered sneering at the man before her.

“Leave now.” He ordered, so they gladly did.

XXX

Xander and Willow meet up with Buffy.

“Snyder's got you guys making party favours, huh?”

“His two worst students. That's what mom sees when she looks at me. A Sheila.” She sighed and was quiet for a moment before asking, “Do you think any other Slayers ever had to go to high school?” Xander laughed quietly then tried to reassure her- badly.

“It's no biggie. You'll have a nice soiree. The parents will love it. As long as nothing really bad happens between now and then, you'll be fine.” Both Willow and Buffy looked stricken.

“Are you crazy? What did you say that for? Now something bad is gonna happen!”

Xander looked confused “Whadaya mean? Nothing's gonna happen.”

Willow, disagreeing with him added “Not until some dummy says, 'as long as nothing bad happens.'”

“It's the ultimate jinx!” Buffy cried.

“What were you thinking? Or were you even thinking at all?” Willow accused.

The girls give Xander looks of exasperation and walk off. Leaving Xander slightly hurt.

“Well, you guys don't know. Maybe this time it'll be different.”

XXX

In a park that night. A classic 1958 Dodge Desoto FireFlite crashes through the 'Welcome to Sunnydale' sign and screeches to a halt. Spike got out and strolled over to the curb. He took a deep breath and lights a cigarette.

“Home, sweet home.” He muttered.
XXX

Inside the Master’s warehouse, vampire #1 is talking.

“The Master is weak. Someone has to help him rule.” Vampire #2 answers

“As long as the Slayer's alive, whoever shares his place will be sharing his grave.”

“Then let the soul who kills her wear his mantle.”

Collin or the anointed one asks, “Can you do it?”

“Yes. This weekend, the night of St. Vigeous, our power shall be at its peak. When I kill her, it'll be the greatest event since the crucifixion. And I should know. I was there.”

The vampire from the park strolls in, cutting vampire #1 off.

“You were there?” he chuckled “Oh, please! If every vampire who said he was at the crucifixion was actually there, would have been like Woodstock.”

“I oughta rip your throat out.” Vampire #1 threatened.

Spike turns his back to him and strolls away. “I was actually at Woodstock. That was a weird gig. I fed off a flowerperson, and I spent the next six hours watchin' my hand move.” Vampire #1 rushes him from behind, and Spike swings his fist up without even looking, hitting him in the face and knocking him down and out.

“So. Who do you kill for fun around here?” Collin looks at Spike.

“Who are you?” Colin asked with barely restrained curiosity.

“Spike.” He said simply, as if there was no need for further introductions. “You're that Anointed guy. I read about you.” He growled at vampire #2 “You've got Slayer problems. That's a bad piece of luck. Do you know what I find works real good with Slayers? Killing them.” Collin looks astounded.

“Can you?”

Spike smirks “A lot faster than Nancy-boy there. Yeah, I did a couple Slayers in my time. I don't like to brag.” He can't keep a straight face while talking “Who am I kidding? I love to brag! There was this one Slayer during the Boxer Rebellion, and...”

He senses someone behind him and turns. The Master is behind him, glaring.

“William.” He sneered. “What brings you here? And when will you be leaving?”

Spike smirk widens. “Hush up. Didn’t your mother ever teach you manners? Oh wait, you ate your mother. Oh well, principle applies, especially if this person is willing to risk life and limb- well limb actually- to kill the slayer and save your pathetic excuse for an existence.” Spike let out a snort at the expression on the Masters face.

“You’re what?” The Master asked him, suspicious.

“That’s right, killing the slayer. Don’t look so surprised.” Spike feigns hurt after saying the last comment. Turning to Collin he asks, “So. How 'bout this Slayer? Is she tough?”

XXX

Nickel were in the middle of playing "1000 Nights" as Xander danced lamely by himself while Willow helped Buffy with her French at a table.

A drink you can't resist
And in your head a voice you'll always miss


“La vache... doit me... touche... de la... jeudi.” She looks at Willow “Was it wrong? Should I use the plural?”

“No. But you said, 'The cow should touch me from Thursday.'”

“Maybe that's what I was feeling.”

“And you said it wrong.” Willow replied.

“Oh, je stink.” Pouting Buffy dropped her pen onto the table.

“You're just not focused. It's Angel missage.” Willow said trying to make her friend feel better.

“Well, he didn't say for sure. It was a 'maybe see ya there' kinda deal.” She replied as Xander came back over.

“Guys, I'm all alone out there. Somebody has to dance with me.” Willow looks unsure and answered,

“Well, we are studying.”

“C'mon, one dance. You've been studying nearly twelve minutes.” He nagged. Buffy grinned.

“No wonder my brain's fried.” She got up. Willow protested, but Buffy and Xander grabbed her by the arms and pulled her along with them “Come on.”
XXX

Spike walked up to their table and watched them dance as the band start a new song, "Stupid Thing".

I did a stupid thing last night
I called you
A moment of weakness
No, not a moment
More like three months of weakness


Spike followed the along the edge of the dance floor while studying Buffy intently. Xander and Buffy dance lively. Although Willow doesn't move much, she was smiling widely, clearly enjoying herself.

I'm one step away from crashing to my knees
One step away from spilling my guts to you


Walking towards a vampire at the bar he tells him, “Go get something to eat.”

I'm doing all right
No, don't feel sorry for me
Really I'm all right
I'm one step away from crashing to my knees


He came back to some people near where Buffy, Willow and Xander are still dancing and spoke loudly so that Buffy overhears him.

“Where's the phone? I need to call the police. There's some big guy out there trying to bite somebody.”

As predicted, Buffy ran from the dance floor. Spike watched her go.

XXX

Outside in the alley, once Buffy had staked the vampire who was unfortunate enough to be chomping down at the Bronze on Buffy’s night off, Spike came out of the shadows slowly clapping his hands. Hearing him, Buffy looked at him confused. By now Willow and Xander have seen him too; Spike ignores them though, focusing entirely on Buffy.

“Nice work, love.” He praised, meaning every word.

“Who are you?” Her head titled slightly to one side, her brows creased in confusion.

“You'll find out on Saturday.”

“What happens on Saturday?” She asked, frowning at him.

Stepping towards her, he leaned down until their lips were inches apart. Unconsciously she closed her eyes and puckered her lips, waiting for him to kiss her. When he didn’t she slowly opened her eyes again. Spike didn’t seem to notice though as he continued to watch her intently. With a smirk he backed up one step.

“Now… that would be telling.” He smirked at her and she felt her insides melt.

Surging forward once more he did kiss her, softly, just a slight touch of his lips to hers, before pulling back sharply and taking off, leaving Buffy standing there completely shocked and confused.

‘Wow…’

XXX

Later at the Parent Teacher night, inside the library, Giles and Jenny continued their research while Xander kept whittling. “Oh, there you are.” Giles muttered face in a book as usual.

“There who is?” Jenny asked, although she had a vague idea who, she listened anyway.

“Our new friend Spike. He's known as 'William the Bloody'. Earned his nickname by torturing his victims with railroad spikes. Very pleasant.” He added deadpan. “Well, here's some good news: he's barely two hundred. He's not even as old as Angel is.” He frowned. “Oh.”

“That's a bad look, right?” Xander asked, placing the half whittled stake on the table, flexing his hands slowly.

“I think your suggestion of running away this Saturday might've been a good one. Spike has fought two Slayers in the last century, and... He’s killed them both.”

XXX

Out in the main corridor two vampires suddenly come crashing through the window, Buffy looks back into the room. Several more vampires follow, and storm inside to take their place with the others. The people present begin to panic and run around. By the time Buffy had come back into the room, the vampires have lined themselves up. Spike at the forefront.

“What can I say? I couldn't wait.” Arrogant smirk fixed firmly on his face Spike attacks.

Buffy grabbed a chair nearest her and threw it at him, tripping him up. She runs back out of the room and grabs her mother's hand. She turns down the hall to the right, but more vampires come in that way, doubling back on herself she drags her mother in the opposite way. In the lounge Spike grabs hold of a man.

“Nobody gets out! Especially the girl!”

Out in the hall, another vampire is guarding an exit. Buffy heads in the opposite direction.

“Everybody, this way! C'mon! C'mon!” She cried, frantically waving her arms in the direction they were heading.

Principal Snyder and several others run past her as she shoves a cleaning cart into the two vampires chasing them.

XXX

In the hall outside the library, Giles, Jenny and Xander come running out.

“What the hell...?!” Giles began. They see Buffy's group running toward them.

“Spike and an army! Look out!” She warns them. They look behind them and see a vampire.

Jenny screams, “Back!” Pushing the men back into the library.

Holding the door shut as the vampire slams into it over and over.

Buffy opens the door to the science classroom. “In here! Now!”

The people all run into the room. Buffy follows them in last and closes the door as the two vampires come running into the hall and begin banging on the door. Inside the classroom, Snyder and another man manoeuvre a storage cabinet in front of the door. Buffy runs over to the other door, closes and locks it just as the power goes out.

Inside the library Giles, Jenny and Xander look up from barricading the doors as the lights go off and the emergency lights come on.

‘Can’t be good.’ Giles thought.

XXX

Minutes later, in another hallway Spike is still looking for Buffy. Pacing the length of the corridor he taunts her.

“Slaaayer! Here, kitty, kittyyy. I find one of your friends first, I'm gonna suck 'em dry. And use their bones to bash your head in.” He kicks a door open, still no sign of her. “Are you getting a word picture here?”

Spike was about to kick the closet door open, the very same one hiding Willow and Cordelia, when he's distracted. Minion #2 looks up at the ceiling, “Spike! Listen...” They listen carefully and hear activity in the ceiling.

“Someone's in the ceeeeeiling!” Spike says sing-songing!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Spike is staring at the ceiling, still listening for any movement. Once he’s figured exactly where the slayer is in the ceiling space, as Buffy is making her way through it, he turns and walks into the lounge grinning, unknown to her as she keeps crawling.

Down in the lounge, Spike finds two metal poles and throws one to the other vampire as he goes back into the hall. He listens for a moment and then shoves the pole up into the ceiling. The other vampire follows suit.

Without warning a pole flies through the floor of the tunnel Buffy was crawling though. Another coming up right in front of her, fearing for her safety she began to back up.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

A while later in the hallway, after the giving up on the ceiling tactic, Spike senses someone behind him and looks up.

“Fe, fi, fo fum. I smell the blood of a nice ripe” he turns to face Buffy, “girl.” He added. Buffy, holding on to the axe smiled at him and asked.

“Do we really need weapons for this?” Her tone bland as she fought not to melt again.

“I just like them. They make me feel all manly.” His hand trailed down his chest and stomach stopping on the waistband of his jeans, finger hooking into a belt loop. He dropped the pole and slowly stepped toward the slayer. She also dropped the axe.

“The last Slayer I killed... she begged for her life.”

Buffy slowly walks to the middle of the hall, watching him intently.

“You don't strike me as the begging kind.”

“You shouldn'ta come here.” She breathed, her voice sounding a lot more flustered than she would have liked.

“No. I've messed up your doilies and stuff. But I just got so bored.” He smirks and Buffy wanted so bad to slap it right off his face. “I'll tell you what. As a personal favour from me to you I'll make it quick. It won't hurt a bit.”

“No, Spike. It's gonna hurt a lot.” She promised him.

They start to fight. Buffy ducks a punch and lands four of her own in a row. Spike grabs her arm and shoves her into the wall. She slides down it quickly, and Spike's next punch goes through the wall. She gets behind him and kicks him high and hard in the neck.

“Now, that hurt!” He growls in outrage, still smirking though.

He pulls his arm out of the wall, ripping a stud out with it, and swings it into Buffy's face. She flies back and lands on the floor, stunned.

“But not as much as this will.”

He stood over her and wielded back the stud to slam it into her. She swung her leg back and kicked his knee. Spike falls, and caught her as he did. Effectively trapping her. She pushed at him trying to get up. Spike looked down at her and smirked; he changed bearing his fangs. Buffy flinched back. Spike leaned closer, aiming for her neck, but Buffy shook her head from side to side trying to get away. He ended up not biting her throat but kissing her on the lips. Buffy gasped and pulled away, knowing it was wrong even if it did feel good.

“Get off me. Get off me now.”

Spike pulled back shocked. Just as he was about to lean in and kiss her again he was hit over the back off the head with Buffy’s axe. Joyce Summers wielding it.

“You get the hell away from my daughter!” She wailed her anger at Buffy’s school failings completely gone now. Spike pulled back and Buffy got to her feet.

“Women!” He muttered getting up and running through the lounge and out the broken window.

XXX

Back inside the factory, Spike stood by a cage. A female vampire walked around the cage to him.

“Spike, did she hurt you?”

“It was close, baby, but...

“Oh,” She stroked his cheek and neck.

“A Slayer with family and friends. That sure as hell wasn't in the brochure.” He whined more to himself than his companion.

“You'll kill her, and then everyone will have a nice celebration.”

“Yeah, a party.” He agreed.

“Yeah. With streamers... and songs.”

Spike lifted his head from her shoulder. “How's the annoying one?”

“He isn’t happy.” Fear shinning in her eyes as they spoke of them. “Nor the Master.”

“Figures. Well, suppose I better go make nice.” Spike walked over to Colin and kneeled before him.

“You failed.” Colin muttered, glaring holes through Spike.

“I, uh... I offer penance.” Spike raised an eyebrow, what more did they want from him?

Penance?!” Vampire#2 shouted. “You should lay down your life! Our numbers are depleted, the feast of St. Vigeous has been ruined by your impatience!”

“I was rash, and if I had to do it all over again...” A sudden burst of laughter sprang forth from Spikes throat “Who am I kidding?” He got off his knees. “I would do it exactly the same, only I'd do this...” Grabbing Colin around the waist he carried him over to a metal cage suspended from the factory ceiling.

“No!” Colin trashed in Spikes arms.

“...First!”

Vampire #2 tried to stop him, but Spike kicked back and knocked him out. Shoving Collin in the cage he closed and locked the door. The Female Vampire watched in awe as Spike started pulling a chain, lifting the cage up from the floor.

“From now on, we're gonna have a little less ritual...” he stopped pulling the chain for a moment “...and a little more fun around here.”

He gave the chain a final strong pull, and the cage is lifted into the sunlight. Collin screamed as he turned to ashes. The Female Vampire frowned. He smiled. He steps away from the cage and out of the room.

“Let's see what's on TV.”

*The End*

------

REVIEW ME!