Interlude

Spike parked the car in front of Buffy’s house. He got out and opened the door for her. Buffy got out with a small smile on her face. Neither knew what to say or do.

‘It was a successful first date. We could kiss. He is my boyfriend.’ Buffy thought, smiling.

“What?”

Buffy snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Spike. Then she realized they were standing on the porch.

“I didn’t say anything.”

Spike chuckled.

“Just thought you had something to say.”

Buffy tilted her head to the side and looked at Spike.

“Should I have something to say?”

Spike smiled again.

“I just meant you had a funny look on your face.” Spike said, then added in a serious tone, “I didn’t do anything did I?”

“No. I was just thinking about-“ Buffy started, then caught herself.

“About what?” Spike asked, smirking.

“About what I’m going to eat for breakfast tomorrow.” Buffy said, quickly.

Spike chuckled, but let it go.

Then there was silence.

“So…” Buffy said, examining her nails.

“Right. Uh, I guess I’ll see you Monday, or maybe sometime this weekend.” Spike said, hinting that he wanted to see her again.

Buffy nodded, then looked up when she saw how close they were standing next to each other. They leaned forward at the same time, and just as their lips were about to meet, a loud crash from inside the house interrupted them. They both pulled back, Buffy blushing, and Spike running his hands through his hair.

“I wonder what that was about.” Spike said.

A loud screech was heard, followed by, “Fred! I told you to hold the chair still”

Buffy and Spike burst into laughter.

“Oh no! I hope Anya didn’t hurt Fred.” Buffy said, through giggles.

“You might want to go inside. Make sure Anya didn’t cause Fred brain damage with her Cosmos.” Spike said.

“Right.” Buffy said, quietly.

Buffy turned and opened the door, and Spike turned to walk away. Buffy paused, then turned around.

“Spike!”

He turned around mid-step with a questioning look on his face. Buffy walked over to him, and kissed him hard. Before Spike had a chance to respond, Buffy turned and ran inside, shutting the door. Spike stood there a moment, stunned. Another loud scream was heard, and Spike burst into laughter when he heard Anya exclaim, “You had sex!”

Spike walked to his car, laughing, and a very big bounce in his step.