Chapter 3

“What sort of a mood is her ladyship in?” Cornelius whispered to Dru as he descended the steps from the trapdoor of the cellar of the derelict house.

“Bad…bad, bad, bad, bad…daddy’s still a sleeping and grandmum is all in her head with the worries…you tell her how the big silver fish is going to play or it will be Cornelius…gone!

Cornelius frowned…all he’d managed to understand of that, was Darla was in a bad mood and he’d be off if he didn’t tell her what to do for the ritual…

“Er Dru…I know I might regret asking this, but what’s this big silver fish?”

Dru looked at him like he was stupid

“The big silver fish - coming to swallow the world – we can play in his tummy but not see the stars!”

Still none the wiser, Cornelius sat at the table and unrolled the ritual scroll a little wondering what on earth Dru was on about. To say he’d not got very far with the translation was an understatement – he’d got absolutely nowhere…and now he was scared of what Darla might do to him – suddenly Dru’s words in his head made him sit up and think…gone – she meant GONE, gone…as in cease to exist gone…he was just about to call Dru again when Darla swished back the drapes and came over to the table

“Well?”

“Look, Darla it’s all in-“

“Darling boy!” She smiled and advanced on him slowly, sensuously slipping her arm around his shoulder, she smiled into his face, and then she changed and looked cold and hard at him, keeping her voice low and menacing she said,

“I don’t want to know what it’s all in, all I want to know is, what to do…so, tell me what you have so far…”

“Um…f-f-fishes! Well fish – big silver – f-fish a-a-and er-“

“Look you PATHETIC imbecile! I know what Agromanth is and I know what he does…and all I need is for you to be a good little vamp and to stop trying my PATIENCE!” Cornelius swallowed and he was shaking

“I am a mermaid my name is Undeen, my father’s a sea-king my mother’s a queen…” Dru sang quietly to herself as she played with Miss Edith

“SHUT UP DRU!” Dru looked up and dropped her head in a submissive pose, mewled and shied away from the shouting.

Switching her attention back to Cornelius, Darla grabbed him by the hair and hissed

“Find and translate the bloody passages for the ritual and where to find the
spiral horn, and DO IT TODAY!”

“Yes Darla – I-I will, immediately, bu-but o-one thing…I’m starving – I’ve been working on this day and night and night and day – I haven’t had a chance to go out hunting for food…” he was practically salivating at the sight of the corpse in the chair opposite him.

Darla saw where he was looking, and she let go of his hair and sidled over to the once pretty shop-girl, now dinner for a hungry vamp…

“Hmm, fresh…sweet too!” Darla ran her finger through a little trickle of blood that ran from some feeding puncture holes in the corpse’s neck. She sucked on her finger, pulling it out of hollowed cheeks with a loud pop!

“You’ll get yours, when I get Mine…okay? Fair’s fair…come on Dru, help me put…what’s her name?”

Fiddling to undo the jacket of the corpse to reveal a name badge attached to the uniform of the young shop girl, Darla continued,

“Brandy White…oh please! I ask you, what sort of a name is that? But I digress dear boy – she’ll be as sweet and heady as the spirit it’s self by the time YOU get to taste her – come on Dru, let’s put her just out of Cornelius’ reach!”

Cornelius grit his teeth and stared blankly at the scroll, hoping for something to make sense…but just as the previous two days, all he saw were useless symbols…


*****************



Now, this mermaid, she was in love with a fisherman you see, but she couldn’t come ashore and be with him, or she’d die – and he couldn’t live with her under the sea for obvious reasons, so she needed the horn of Agromanth, he was king of the undersea world – a huge great silvery whale type beast, with a long tusk like spiral horn in the middle of it’s forehead – this is probably where the legend gets mixed up with unicorns and that – anyway where was I?

Oh yeah, so she’s heard of this legend, she needs the horn of the Agromanth to grant her dearest wish – but she knows that taking it will mean she’ll never see her mother or father again – their world on the sea-bed would be ruined by the writhing and twisting in agony of the beast once she’s removed its horn.

Plus the fact she was going to wish to be human so she could be with her sailor bloke – but that aside, she succeeds, and she jumps on the back of this swordfish and commands it to fly, touching it with the horn tip, and the fish flies out of the water, and the Agromanth rises up after her and she touches the Agromanth with the tip of the horn and she turns it to stone.

Well it crashes back into the water, there’s tidal waves, tsunami’s and all sorts, storms and what have you – so the legend goes if the Agromanth and it’s horn are re-united – then it’s kerbluey time for planet earth”

Spike drank the rest of his Scotch and looked at his ‘audience’

“Well…that’s um…quite a story!” Wesley said, standing up from being perched on the side of the desk.

“Hmm…I wonder how much of that is true, and how much of it is drunken made up campfire story” Giles said, not seemingly that impressed.

“Well whatever, all we need to know is if the horn and beast are reunited, then to put no too finer point on it, if you’ll excuse the pun, we’re fucked – and right royally too, I may add.

And on that note, I think it’s time for me and my Mrs to go to bed – ready pet?”

“But what about research?” Wesley asked

“Well, not pretending to be Sherlock Holmes or anything, but I see one computer on the poof’s desk, one on Harm’s desk, and Rupes laptop, one, two, three – and look, there’s one, two, three of you (he pointed to Wes, Gunn and Giles in turn) so, night all – we’ll take Peaches room – don’t call us too early in the morning!” Spike called out from the doorway, he was holding Buffy’s hand.

“Buffy! Do I have to remind you, sacred duty and all that?” Giles asked seriously

“Course not – but well, Spike’s got a point three computers, three of you…and I am kinda tired” she yawned, and Giles took his glasses off and began to rub them furiously fast.

Having nothing else to say, Buffy took it that her reasoning had paid off and she allowed Spike to lead her down the corridor.

“That girls’ attitude has definitely changed!!!” Wesley said, shaking his head.

“That’s Spike’s influence I‘m afraid, she used to be such a sweet girl!”

“Oh come on – girls got spirit that’s all – she’s one ballsy lady! And you must admit, Spike came through AGAIN with info!” Gunn said

“Yes but – it all sounds so…1001 Arabian Nights if you ask me!” Giles said with a sigh.

“That aside, YOU didn’t know about the horn being separated from the beast and it’s reunification would be the ritual, did you?”

Sighing again and slipping his glasses back on, Giles had to admit…

“No, you’re right, I didn’t know that bit…right, come on, lets download some maps of Canada…where do you think Darla and Dru have taken him?”


***********************


“Spike, what are you doing?” Buffy asked getting into the big bed. He was having a rummage in Angel’s wardrobe…

“Just nosying around…might come up with a clue as to where he might have gone or something!”

“I doubt that, you’re just being nosy, full stop!”

“And?” Spike smirked, flipping shut a watch-box with ‘Love from Cordelia’ on it and putting it back on the shelf.

“And it’s rude, you wouldn’t like it if he went through your things!”

“Listen pet, I wouldn’t be so stupid to let myself be kidnapped by two ditsy birds for an end-of-the-world scenario – he bought this on himself!”

“Come to bed!”

“Okay – I’m – OH PEACHES!!”

Buffy sat up in bed

“What, what is it Spike?”

With a huge big smirk on his face, Spike closed the one door slightly and showed her (fanned out so she could see the titles) Playboy, Big and Bouncy, Barely Legal, and Wet and Horny………

“The dirty little perv!” Spike said gleefully. Buffy rolled her eyes and lay back down

“Put them away and come to bed!”

“Right – oh dear…I WAS always worried about you, you know you great poof! – Look Buffy, there’s a copy of Play GIRL in here too!” Spike closed the wardrobe up and bounced on the bed

“So, you’re not REALLY tired are you babe…not really, really…hmm?”

“Ooooohhhhh – S-Spike!”

“That’s me babe…this is me too!”

“Aaaaahhhhh!”

“Ohgodsbabyyoufeelsogood!” Spike garbled as he trust deep and hard into her

Buffy arched her back and raked her nails down his flanks and into his butt, trying to press him to go harder

Spike hissed and did her bidding making them both emit a little grunt each time he pushed up

“Don’t stop babe, please don’t stop!” Buffy begged, locking her ankles high up around his back

Spike had no intention of stopping and didn’t let up even after his lady wife had gasped and groaned her way through several tooth-rattling orgasms!

Buffy rolled them so she could take over the pace and do some of the work – and she expertly squeezed him with her slayer muscles and she soon had him crying out in a deep long orgasm to match her own.

She collapsed on his chest and rolled off him to the side cuddled up.
They lay silent for some time, comfortable, there was no need for talk, each thinking what lay ahead of them come that evening.

Spike was the first to break the silence

“Could you do it?”

Without even having to ask ‘what?’ Buffy turned and looked at Spike, and she gave him a rueful smile

“If he…how did you so eloquently put it – oh yes, if he’s bollocksed up your plans for next Sunday…yes I could it, I could kill Angelus or Angel for that matter, no worries”

Spike didn’t gloat or laugh, he just kissed her forehead and gave her a squeeze. It was Buffy’s turn………

“What if I have to…you know”

“Babe – you do what you have to, don’t hold back. Dru’s no part of my existence anymore and that chapter of my being is well over, as long as I’ve got you, that’s all that matters to me…and I have got you haven’t I, you’re mine to keep and to love…”

Buffy sort his mouth and kissed him, she stroked his hair back from his eyes and cupped his cheek

“I’m all yours baby, love you”

Those words from her lips never failed to gladden his heart and every time he heard them he felt like it had stated beating again. Kissing her again with such passion, Buffy gave a little squeal and giggle as she suddenly found herself underneath him once more…

“Hey, hey, hey! Down tiger! We need to save energy in case there’s a fight tonight!” Spike gave a little growl and nipped at her bottom lip, then dropped his head to her neck…

“Oh ggoooodddddd! Y-you find that s-spot every t-time, ooooohhhhh!”

Grinning Spike looked down into her face, and giving her little pecking kisses he said,

“Got (kiss) all (kiss) your special (kiss) little places (kiss) engraved on my eyeballs! (kiss) All mapped out they are! (kiss)

Buffy began to giggle helplessly and tickle Spike, who trying to get away from her fingers blew raspberries on her tummy making Buffy positively shriek!

“I give in, I give in! Breathe I need to breathe!!” Spike threw himself onto his back and Buffy was all red faced from laughing, she panted hard.

“Suppose we should try and get some sleep – what’s the time…nearly three…I wonder how the three wise monkeys are doing downstairs?”

Buffy cuddled up to her husband, snuggled down and closed her eyes and said,

“We’ll find out soon enough I s’pose…night baby, love you”

Spike kissed her softly and whispered

“Night Kitten, love you too”