Author's Chapter Notes:
smut soon, shippy!
Chapter 5

“Grandmum, how are you going to turn Daddy back to real Daddy?”

“Leave that to me Dru, we were once SO good together, as soon as he remembers that…” Darla smiled, and then her face fell

“And what did I tell you about calling me grandmum!”

Dru innocently said, ‘sorry’, and then she continued,

“Daddy loves somebody else”

“DRU! Once Daddy realises what he’s missing…his heart will be mine again…the slayer rejected him” Darla said curtly

At the words ‘the slayer’ Dru sat bolt upright as if she’d had an electric shock

Raising her fingers to her temples Dru began to wail

“Ooooohhhhh – nnnnoooooooooo – nnnooooooo, not my Spike, she can’t have him he’s mine, MINE!”

“Dru, what the blue blazes are you on about now?”

Dru was angry and she’d turned ‘game face’, snarled and Darla and ran out of the room.

Darla rolled her eyes and sighed,

“Oh whatever!” Darla disinterestedly was touching the spiral horn for the ritual, lost in thought wondering how long the knockout draft she’d given Angel would last – after all, she had given him three injections on the trot since they’d kidnapped him two days ago.

**************


“Spike, no! Now come on now, I’ve pushed my luck enough with Giles as it is!”

“But baby…”

Buffy managed to slip from Spike’s grasp and stand up out of bed

“I promise you, soon as this thing’s over, we can stay in bed all day, m’kay?”

“’Kay…well nothing else for it then – lets get up and at ‘em, see what Huey, Dewy and Lewy have come up with!” Buffy smiled as she got dressed

“And I suppose Angel is Donald Duck!”

“Yeah…did I ever teach you Cockney rhyming slang – coz that wanker WILL be Donald Ducked when I cop hold of him, stupid great pillock he is!”

They went down and into the office, Giles couldn’t risk being sarcastic, pointedly looking at his watch

“Good afternoon!”

“Now, now Rupes me old mate, don’t strain that odd brain-cell you’ve got trying to be sarcastic, it just plain washes over me, it’s only 10.20am, so what have we got then – how did the research go?”

Buffy got them coffee while Spike talked

“We found the legend! And we, or rather Giles deduced it was a narwhal – that’s a –“ Wesley said excitedly

“S’cuse me, I DO know what a narwhal is, thankyou very much! Okay, you found the legend, but I’d already TOLD you that – so…anything else, what did the locating spell reveal, hmm?” Spike looked at all three males in turn, and was surprised to see they looked a little discomfited………

Buffy put a mug of coffee in front of Spike

“Um, locating spell – ahh –we erm, huh!” Wes began to stutter

“Oh for gods sake man, spit it out, hold on – you haven’t even done one yet, have you?” Spike gave him a withering look, and folded his arms…

Giles was mentally kicking himself up the backside for not giving it a thought…

“Well not as such…we wasn’t sure if um, well if it would, you know, work………what with Angel being dead” Wesley said, giving Giles little sideways glances.

“Bollocks! You just didn’t think of it! You should know very well that instead of a crystal pendulum, you use something small belonging to the person you want to locate – a ring or such like on the end of a chain – bloody ‘ell, this is basic stuff here!

The only way it might not work is if they are on the move, but at least we could either get their general vicinity, or we could go to this place where the poof normally stays and take it from there- either way you better make you’re mind up which it’s going to be, and do it bloody quickly – oh coffee – cheers babe!”

Buffy smiled sunnily at him then she looked at Giles, who was looking decidedly embarrassed!

“He’s-“ Gunn began, before Wesley shot him down with,

“Yes, yes, we know Spike’s right – again, he’s got a good valid point, no need to keep stating the obvious!”

Spike grinned

“Actually, I was going to say, he’s got a good few hours start on us in Canada, so we HAD better get going”

Wesley suddenly became super-efficient and said,

“Right, I’ll go put the helicopter on stand-by, Giles, you bring all the info we’ve got – Buffy, Spike, did you bring weapons just in case?”

“Sure did”

“Good – right people, ten minutes, then we’re off!”

“Hold on, hold on – can I just point out, daylight here?”

“Don’t worry Spike we have the same glass in all our aircraft and vehicles here – boss’s orders!”

“Well at least the wanker got SOMETHING right for a change! Spike said, finishing his coffee.

***************


6 hours later, Beaver Creek Log Cabins, Fort Norman, Canada


Spike sniggered when he saw the name of the Log cabins and whispered to his wife,

“I bet this is the nearest thing the poof’s got to beaver in a while since the old cheerleader has given him the cold-shoulder,!” Buffy giggled and playfully swatted his arm.

“Right spread the map…lets put it on the floor so we can open it out fully, there’s roughly 100 square miles on this map…can somebody just shift the table down…there, and that chair will have to………thanks – okay, let’s concentrate around the Great Bear river shall we?”

“No, I suggest we start here, that’s what, 40 miles away” Spike said, indicating where they were on the map. Giles looked up and said,

“Um…did anybody think to getting something belonging to Angel so we can do the locating spell?”

Spike rolled his eyes

“Give me strength………you know it grieves me greatly that when we were enemies, you used to foil my little plots and schemes – you lot couldn’t foil the Sunday roast now…………here, but I want it back after”

Spike handed Giles a gold tiepin

“Hey, where did you get that?” Wesley asked

“His wardrobe, now can we get on, it’ll be getting dark soon!”

Giles made a loop with his gold chain, and threaded the tiepin onto it, so it hung down.

“Right then here goes…” Giles held the pendulum over the map and asked it to spin in a clockwise circle if Angel was close……………………………

****************

Dru’s eyes were sore and red-rimmed from crying. The slayer had her Spike, she was all around him, she had him totally and there was no room in his heart for her now………

“For goodness sake STOP SNIVELLING! Look, Angel and I are going to get a little better acquainted again, so I don’t want any interruptions, do you understand?”

Dru nodded miserably. Darla squatted down and stroked the hair out of Dru’s eyes

“We’ll soon have Daddy back – then the fun can begin!” Dru gave her a watery smile.

*************


“I make that…approximately six miles away!” Wesley said grinning

“Right come on!” Giles said shepherding Gunn and Wesley towards the door, until Spike said

“Okay Geronimo, hold your horses a sec, lets have a game plan before we set off, shall we?”

After thinking about it for a second or two, they agreed

“Right, I suggest we-”

“Hold on, who made you the leader of this trip?” Wesley asked Spike

“I did, coz I’m the one with the brains, or so it seems, so, I suggest you shut your cake-hole and listen up. We split into two teams, team Alpha, that’s Buffy and myself will enter the place, do a quick reccie, sort out any vampires that stand between us and the poof, and that includes Darla and Dru –“

“Spike, I have to ask this, could you kill her?” Giles asked

“If you are referring to Dru, then yes, in a heartbeat, if you’ll pardon the expression, now as I was saying, Buffy and I will go in, sort out the vamps, meanwhile team Loser, that’s you lot-“

“OI!”

“Shut up and listen, you lot sabotage any vehicles they could get away in, cover any other exits and then come and see if we need help – I doubt that we will but”

“Buffy, what if Angel is…” Giles began

“If he’s Angelus, he’s dust, no question” Buffy said, tucking Mr Pointy into her waist belt. Giles nodded

“He is? I-I-I-I mean, you would – and not think twice?” Wesley asked, shocked

“Did it before, I’d do it again” Buffy said with steely determination

“R-right…yes…quite” ignoring Wesley, Spike said

“Oh yes, and I suggest we walk the last half mile, don’t want to alert them that we are coming, agreed?” Everybody nodded and they left the cabin.

*****************


After twenty minutes, Dru realised that the ooh’s and aah’s and the rhythmic banging of the headboard against the wall coming from behind the curtain wasn’t the sounds of somebody in the throes of passion, more like those of one in the throes of frustration, she risked a sneaky peek at the side of the drape to see Darla, naked, sitting astride Angel banging his head up and down on the pillow

“Ooooohhhhh, will you WAKE UP!”

“Come on babe, come on – aaaaahhhhh please WAKE UP!”

Dru wandered off and decided she had to say sorry to Miss Edith for punishing her…

*****************

“There it is, just up ahead at the base of that rocky outcrop…it’s an old weather station, the shack next door was where the meteorologist used to sleep, it’ll be pretty basic, but just watch your footing, place hasn’t been used this last 20 odd years and there will be a certain amount of rot – right, are we all ready – everybody know what to do?”

Nodding, everybody then proceeded to get weapons ready and begin the half-mile walk…