Author's Chapter Notes:
Probably not for fans of Dru and Darla, although no character death.
Oh, and to the perv in residence, (no names, just looking in the general direction of SHIPPY!) - Uber smut fest in the next one pet!!!
Chapter 6

“Dru…Dru……………DRU!!!!”

Dru had been miles away, playing in front of the fire and saying sorry and re-plaiting Miss Edith’s hair

“Yes gr- Darla?” Dru looked up to Darla’s naked form barely covered with the drape

“Fetch me some water – a bucketful – got to wake the darling boy up somehow!”

Dru scrabbled to her feet to do her bidding

She climbed the cellar steps to fetch the bucket from outside

She opened the back door, and Spike just managed to hiss

“DOWN”

And everybody as one dropped to the ground out of sight.

They saw Dru come out and walk round the side of the building, Spike quickly got to his feet, ran and stood behind the open door. He waited until he heard her coming back and then slammed the door shut

“Oh – SPIKE! Oh I knew you’d come, Miss Edith said – “

“Not interested, ducks…now, how many vamps are in there?”

“Spike…I can smell her – she all around you, I’m gonna kill her and make you watch, then I’m gonna bathe in her blood!” Dru snarled and turned game face

Spike was ready for her and floored her with an almighty punch. Before she could recover, Buffy had joined her husband and quickly had Dru gagged and tied up.

“Can you manage now – I’ll carry on in” Spike stood

“Wait for me – I………won’t………be………a ………second!” Buffy had her foot in the middle of Dru’s back to pull the rope even tighter and there was a crack and Dru writhed in agony as her back broke.

“Ouch, bet that stings honey…never mind – come on Spike – lets go”

They crept quietly into the shack and heard Darla shout,

“For fuck’s sake Dru, hurry up with that water – I want to do that ritual tonight!”

Spike couldn’t resist it, he put on a high, silly falsetto voice and said,

“Coming grandmamma!”

“Dru – Dru?” Darla poked her head up the top of the cellar steps, only for her temple to come into contact with Buffy’s boot and she didn’t hold back with the kick either, Darla went flying backwards down the steps and sprawled, breaking the desk and ending up I the fire, she shrieked as her blond tresses started to smoulder, frantically trying to put them out with her bare hands.

Buffy and Spike came dashing down the steps, between them they punched Darla out and tied her up too. Spike tore down the curtain and saw a naked Angel lying there, apparently asleep.

Giles, Wesley and Gunn came down and Gunn and Wes took a snarling, game-faced, struggling Darla out

“Well we know they haven’t done the ritual, and by the look of things here, I doubt very much if Darla managed to turn him” Spike said grinning

“He’s been drugged, look” Giles held up one of the spent hypodermic needles.

“Well, he’ll be easier to manage awake, so mind yourself” Spike grabbed Angel by the ankles and hauled him off the bed, Angel’s head hit the floor with a sickening thud, but Spike ignored it and just dragged him across the rough floor over to the tap, spun him around and turned the tap on full, so the icy cold water hit him full in the face.

From outside there were sounds of a fight and shouting, so Buffy said she’d go up and help

“Aahhh – bitch – GET OFF ME!”

Darla had managed to sink her fangs into Gunn’s forearm, Buffy ran and grabbed her by the hair, and forced her to retract them. Gunn grimaced and held his arm.
Wesley stood with his stake protecting his injured friend while the slayer did her job, and she was spectacular. Gunn and Wes then watched and hunched, frowned and winced as every kick and punch broke another bone in the vampiress’ body.

Darla had her hands tied behind her back, so Buffy had a big advantage straight away, she roundhoused a kick to Darla’s already bruised temple sending the blond crashing into some large metal boxes that had once held temperature gauges and rainfall meters from when it had been a weather station. Darla grunted and tried to stand, but a snap-kick to the face had her thrown backwards, were Buffy promptly grabbed her by the scruff of the neck and gave her an absolute cracking right hook, breaking the vamps nose and jaw

“Had enough, blondie, or do you want some more, huh?”

Darla was on her knees, vamp-faced and evil, blood poured from her battered face

“You’d better kill me slayer, or I swear I’ll – “

“Oh DO shut up, you’re boring me!” Buffy punched her out, picked her up and punched her again, she did this all the way to the jeep that they’d come in.

*************

Angel coughed and moved his head, he suddenly sat up with a gasp and sluiced water from his face and glared at the person in front of him

“YOU – what are you doing here?”

“Well there’s gratitude for you – actually Peaches, a thankyou would be quite in order”

“What’s been going on – and where are my clothes – you’d better – oh god my HEAD!” Angel staggered to his feet.

“Oh, look what I’ve found!” Giles said grinning, holding up the scroll and the horn. Angel looked to his right, surprised to see the watcher.

“Giles! You’re here too!”

“Yes, and Buffy, Wes and Gunn - Spike’s quite right, we came to save you”

“Save me – from what?”

“Darla and Dru had this mad-cap idea of turning you back to Mr Pig-Ignorant-with-No-Manners, and ending the world with the Agromanth ritual” Spike enlightened him

“They drugged you, but apart from that, we know as much as you, if Buffy hasn’t had to kill them, we might just find out”

“Come on grandpapa, let’s get you home” Spike said grinning, looking at the sopping wet and staggering vampire.

“Give me your coat”

“Like fuck I will! Here, put this on!” Spike handed him the patchwork cover from the bed.

Glaring, Angel snatched it and secured it around his waist.

“Now, now, temper, temper! No use blaming me for your predicament Peaches, if you didn’t feel the need to do a Grizzly Adams every few months, this might well not have happened!”

They got upstairs and could see Wesley and Gunn dragging Dru to the jeep

Angel staggered along, weak from hunger and the effects of the drugs still. They got to the jeep and roughly shoving Darla and Dru aside got in themselves.


*******************

The following day

“………And they’ll both be fitted with a behaviour modification chip, very similar to the one you had Spike” Wesley explained to them about Darla and Dru

“Oh, just before we go – this thing – I’ve been looking at it” Giles waved the scroll

“And?” Gunn asked

“It’s written in various languages…there’s Chinese, Aramaic, even the Futhork alphabet!”

“The WHAT?”

“Runic – like the Rune stones…seems to be ingredients, I’ve translated soy sauce, fermented bean curd…black beans…dried hibiscus flowers – I think somebody had just copied stuff from the back of sauce bottles, Chinese tea packets and the like – and this horn…it’s just a long sea shell found in the Indian ocean – a complete rip off!”


Spike wasn’t listening, he was looking through the window into the morning sunshine – unlike Angel, the novelty hadn’t worn off for him as he’d only seen it a few times, once when they’d stayed there before, and the helicopter the day before. He voiced his thoughts…

“I was thinking Peaches, be a nice gesture, a belated wedding present if you like, if you got us some of this fancy glass for Revello Drive”

“Huh, do you KNOW how much it cost per pane? - I wouldn’t waste my money on the likes of y-“ Angel didn’t finish the sentence, he caught Buffy’s eye and saw the hurt look on her face.

Spike shrugged, went over and held Buffy’s hand and said,

“Yes well, we won’t wait around for a thankyou from you grandpapa, I know my beautiful wife could grow a beard before you said that – so Giles, are you ready?”

Giles, Wes and Gunn felt a little uncomfortable in what Spike had just said, but for all his sarcasm, they knew that Spike was right.

Angel remained tight-lipped.

*************

Three days later, 9.10am

“Bloody hell, alright, alright, where’s the fire?” Buffy threw on her robe, checked to see her husband was well hidden from the daylight, and then she opened the bedroom window.

“Hello?”

“Ah, hello, Miss Buffy Summers?”

“Yes, who wants to know?” Spike’s muffled words from under the covers were,

“Who is it babe – tell em to bog off until a decent hour!”

“Look, Spike, look – oh sorry, you can’t, but wow - a truck. B-I-G truck!”

She read the side of the huge truck that was parked outside her house out loud

“It’s from Solar-Gon – the glass specialists!”

I’m from Solar-Gon, can we put the windows in your garage until we fit them tomorrow?”

Grinning Buffy bounded downstairs and opened the garage for them. The man gave her a letter and asked her to sign a sheet on his clipboard.

After they were gone, she went upstairs and ripped open the letter. After skimming it quickly she said,

“Oh isn’t that nice, it’s from Wesley – thanks for all our help – isn’t IT WONDERFUL!”

“Sure is babe, wonder what Peaches will say when he finds out – anyway sod that, and c’mere you minx…you promised me a day in bed!”

Buffy grinned and threw the letter to one side, and with a shriek, she launched herself at her husband and they tumbled to the bed giggling…………

The End…(For now!)