“Need I remind you people what happens when I don’t get my beauty sleep?” Lorne groaned as he arrived back at Angel’s office around 3 am.

“Wouldn’t have called if it wasn’t important,” Angel sat behind his desk and growled warningly at Buffy and Spike sitting way too close to each other on his couch. “We need to know exactly what you saw when you read Spike and you might need to read him again.”

“What’s your worry, morning glory? He’s perfect. All bright and shiny with goodness. Honestly that future was so sweet I don’t know whether to cry or vomit,” the empath demon assured them.

“Fred found some things in her tests and we need specifics here. What did you see?” the vampire persisted.

“That little bauble slim here popped out of to make that fab re-entrance into this realm? He’s still connected to it with a nifty side-effect. The magic protecting the amulet now protects him, making him virtually indestructible unless on hallowed ground. He stays here fighting the good fight with us and his little honey there and it’s all happily ever blah blah blah.”

“Why the bloody hell would I stay here?” Spike asked as that point stood out from the host’s statement.

“You know how you couldn’t get past the city limits when ya first got here? Well, get used to that. The amulet still belongs to this company and you still belong to the amulet so … welcome,” Lorne stood and waved at the darkened city outside the window “to your new home, blondie bear.”

“You have got to be kidding me,” Angel said slowly as he rose to his feet. “Read him again.”

“If you insist,” the demon sighed then motioned for the blonde man to rise and sing. “Ready when you are.”

“Ok, I got one for ya,” Spike got to his feet after a moment’s thought and slowly started singing another Rolling Stones hit, “I can’t get no sat-is-faction. I can’t get no satisfaction ‘cause I try and I try and I try and I try. I can’t get no, I can’t get no. When I’m drivin’ in my car and that man comes on the radio and he’s tellin’ me more and more about some useless information. Supposed to fire my imagination. I can’t get no. Oh no no no - ”

Lorne stopped him with an upraised hand and turned to Angel, “Still the same future and one of the clearest readings I’ve ever gotten. If you want more proof let me just say that what I saw reading Buffy showed the same future for them both. So sorry, cream puff, but that’s the way this cookie’s gonna crumble. Any chance I can go back home and get some sleep now? I was having a pretty good dream before you called and I don’t want to keep those twins waiting.”

The vampire was too busy glaring at the couple behind the demon as Buffy reached up to grab Spike’s T-shirt and pull the blonde man down to the sofa with her with a playful, “You’ll get your satisfaction soon enough,” before proceeding to kiss him in a fashion that had Angel making a mental note to burn that couch tomorrow.

“Hey, kiddies, take that upstairs,” Lorne ordered indulgently as he turned to see what had his boss’s attention.

“That’s what we’ve been trying to do all bloody night,” Spike broke the kiss he was involved in to snap with a glare at the man standing behind his desk.

“Go on then. Get out of my office,” Angel sighed and reluctantly gave the couple the order they’d been waiting for.

“Stop being a gloomy Gus, sweet pea,” the empath demon sat on the edge of Angel’s desk as the lovers eagerly departed the office. “I saw good things in your reading, too, and the sooner you get happy for those two, the better that future will be. Just make sure there’s enough resentment there to keep Angelus out of the picture.”

“Oh, I’m happy for them. Spike’s a real boy again and going upstairs right now to screw my ex-girlfriend. Whoo hoo, there’s a ticker tape parade going on in my head for them. 76 damn trombones and all that,” the green man tsked at his friend’s sarcasm. “He really can’t leave L.A?” the vampire looked into Lorne’s red eyes and sighed heavily at what he saw there. “Ok,” he tipped his head back and began speaking to the ceiling, “so maybe in my past I’ve slaughtered and tortured a few innocents and once tried to send the whole world into hell. Was any of it really bad enough for me to deserve this?”

~*~*~

Buffy pushed the button for their floor seconds before Spike grabbed hold of her and pushed her against the back wall of the elevator with his lips moving over hers with bruising force. She returned the kiss with matching hunger and wrapped her legs around his waist as her fingers slid into his hair with her palms resting against his perfect cheekbones.

Somehow he heard the ding of the elevator announcing their arrival and turned with her still wrapped around him to make his way from the lift down the hallway to the room she’d been given on the upper levels of the building.

“Key,” he broke the kiss to say and with a whimper she instantly pulled his warm lips back to hers. “Buffy,” he tried when they broke apart for air a minute later, “need the key to your room here, pet.”

“Oh,” she blinked before slowly untangling her legs from around him to stand a bit unsteadily on her feet and dig into her pants pockets for the item.

“Screw this,” he muttered when she began wondering aloud what she’d done with it.

With a snarl of impatience he wrapped his hands around the doorknob and twisted it forcefully with enough strength behind his actions to break the lock so the door could be pushed open.

He gave her a cocky, self-satisfied smirk at his accomplishment that had her taking him by surprise with the way she threw herself at him again – legs around his waist once more, fingers twisted in his short platinum hair and her mouth devouring his.

Under the passionate onslaught Spike held onto the writhing bundle in his arms, stepped into the room, kicked the door shut behind them and stumbled his way to the bed.

As soon as his legs hit the edge of the mattress he turned and fell back on it with a hard bounce that dislodged Buffy’s lips from his.

She didn’t seemed to mind, though, as she quickly began kissing her way down his neck, pausing to bite sharply at his Adam’s apple to make him arch upward and grind his erection against her.

“Why did you have to put this back on?” she pouted when her lips met the cotton obstacle of his shirt. “Clothes bad.”

“That they are, luv,” he smiled and began tugging her shirt off.

Maneuvering her legs from underneath him so she could sit up and straddle his this the slayer licked her lips with a wicked gleam in her eye before taking the collar of his T-shirt in both hands and ripping the fabric apart.

“God I’ve missed doing that,” she grinned while sitting back on her heels to admire the pale skin exposed by the torn black garment.

His breath stilled in his lungs as she placed her hands on his chest to push the shirt aside. Not needing any encouragement he twisted a bit under her to free his arms from the sleeves of the coat he still wore and the cotton remains.

Her hands slid under him to curl up over his shoulders from behind as her head slowly lowered toward his chest when he was finished, but instead of kissing his body she laid her head over his heart.

“Buffy?” he asked with concern after a moment when he felt a warm drop of moisture touch his skin.

In answer she turned her head to kiss him where the tear had fallen then raised her watery green eyes to gaze into his blue depths.

“This is real,” she moved her hands from his back to his face, fingers lovingly tracing every feature. “You’re real,” a smiled touched her lips. “Your heart is beating so hard.”

“Always said if it could beat it would break my chest ‘cause of you,” his hands cupped her face with fingers brushing aside her tears.

“Mine’s the same,” she whispered and moved one of his hands to rest against the soft flesh covering her heart. “Feel it.”

“I feel it, luv,” his fingers curled around her breast while his mouth moved to press against the pulse pounding at her throat.

A quivering sigh of pleasure escaped her and she pressed her chest into his hand and pulled his head tighter against her skin.

Smoothly Spike rolled them so that she was beneath him with his body pressing heavily against hers and every inch of her relished the pressure.

Their urgency of just a few seconds ago was gone and for a moment they simply laid their absorbing each other’s heat and luxuriating in the feel of their flesh touching again.

“I love you,” she looked deeply into his eyes, seeing his beautiful soul and the love he too felt shining in his gaze along with the smoldering flare of desire.

Their lips met and he gave no verbal reply, but the softness of his mouth as it gently parted hers for his tongue to slip inside and glide over the hard ridges of her teeth before rasping over her own told her everything she needed to know.

Her tongue danced with his and her half naked body began undulating under him until the softness was forgotten in the heat of passion again.

His lips were firm and hungry as they moved from hers down her neck to her breasts as he worked open the fastenings of her jeans. The inferno of his mouth tore a surprised gasp from her as it enveloped her nipple and drew strongly on the nub.

“Spike,” she moaned in a request for more.

He moved to her other breast and thrust a hand into her pants to delve into the moisture he knew would be there.

After just a moment of those dually satisfying actions he pulled away to tear off her shoes and strip her bare. It took him a minute to throw aside his black doc marten boots so he could stand and get out of the rest of his clothes.

Buffy shifted to a kneeling position in the middle of the mattress to watch his unveiling and she sighed his name when he straightened to stand nude before her for just a moment then crawled back onto the bed.

She giggled a bit when he butted his head against her stomach then slowly moved it back and forth to tickle her skin with his hair. Her fingers slid into his hair and he pressed his mouth to her bellybutton before kissing his way up her body while applying a gentle pressure to push her on to her back again.

Her lips were parted and waiting for his when they left her throat and found her mouth.

His lean hips settled between her legs and she draped them around his waist so her feet rested lightly on the backs of his thighs.

“God, Buffy,” he pulled away to groan as she began rocking her hips against him.

“I need you,” her hands ran down his back to curl over the taut cheeks of his ass.

“Patience, luv,” he braced himself up on his elbows and smiled down at her.

“Two months,” she raised her head to lick his neck and tasted the beginnings of sweat on his skin, “too long,” she moved to bite his earlobe, “ready,” her hips wiggled to try getting him inside her, “need you,” she worked a hand between their bodies to take hold of his erection when her wriggling didn’t work, “Now,” she moaned as her fingers guided him home.

They both froze as the tip of his shaft stretched her opening and dipped into her wet heat. Her hand remained at the base of his erection as they looked into each others eyes and ceased to breathe as they savored the moment. Then he whispered softly in her ear that he loved her and her hand moved back to his butt to press him in further.

Spike took his time, inching forward then pausing to memorize the way her body adjusted and seemed to mold itself to him.

Their gazes remained locked every second of his entry with their mouths mere inches apart.

They didn’t kiss. They breathed in each other’s air and stared into each other’s soul and it was more intense then many of their kisses.

When finally he was buried to the hilt inside her his eyelids drifted halfway down then opened fully again to watch hers fall closed in ecstasy. For a single second he stayed unmoving in her, watching her beautiful face react, then he could take no more.

He moved his right hand down her body to grip her thigh and pull it higher over his hips as he began thrusting slowly. His left hand moved into her hair as he lowered his lips to kiss hers with the same gentle rhythm of his body inside her.

Then she began rising to meet his thrusts and raking her fingers up and down his back and demanding more with her mouth.

Needing air in his new lungs, he turned from her lips and pressed his face against the side of her neck as need took over them both.

Her legs were no longer draped over his hips, they were locked around his waist like a vise to make sure he didn’t leave her when he withdrew only to slam back into her very core.

They both savored the new elements to their lovemaking. The erratic pace of both their heartbeats as their bodies moved faster and harder together. The labored panting breaths they each took to fill their lungs with much needed oxygen. The sweat that beaded up on his flesh and made her grasping hands slips and slide over his back until her fingers dug sharply into the flexing muscles of his upper back.

Most of all they felt the heat.

His breath and body seemed to add fuel to the raging inferno inside her when in the past those had been cool things that helped tame the wildfire.

Now only one thing would satisfy the flames of desire eating her up inside and that was to let them burn them both.

Incoherent words of love, want and need spilled from both their lips as their bodies pounding against each other toward orgasm.

Those words melted into cries and moans and whimpers torn from Buffy’s throat as he gave one powerful thrust then twisted his hips to grind his groin against her exposed clit causing her body to tense and arched just one more small push away from climax. He pulled almost completely out of her only to repeat that thrust and twist at the same time as his blunt teeth sank into the flesh of her throat where her pulse pounded so frantically and that was all she needed.

Crying out his name her legs clenched with bruising force around his waist, her fingernails drew blood from the skin of his back and her inner muscles clamped down on his shaft.

Her name escaped his lips on a gasp for breath as he felt her convulsions and thrust into her three more times before stiffening to release himself deeply inside her.

“Buffy, I love you,” he panted as his sweating body collapsed onto hers.

Too breathless to speak she just pressed her lips against his neck and wrapped her arms tightly around him as aftershocks ran through her body.