Spike paced the lobby of the Hyperion hotel in his neatly pressed black tuxedo rental and wondered how bloody much longer it would be before this thing was started.

“There’s no reason to be so nervous. She’s not about to run out on you or anything,” Xander said watching the man pace, “unfortunately.”

“I’m not nervous, you nit, I’m wanting to get to the bloody honeymoon already,” the groom snapped. “Why don’t you go find your boyfriend and stop bugging me?”

“He’s – I don’t have a boyfriend. I’m fully heterosexual male here. I even work in construction with all kinds of manly tools. No boyfriend for me,” the brunette jumped up and began pacing nervously.

“Fifty times in three months sounds like a relationship to me, but can’t blame you for wanting to keep that git in the closet,” the blonde smirked as the other man stomped outside to the garden where the guests were gathering for the ceremony.

“I always wondered about him,” Angel said watching the Scooby go. “Never would’ve imagined him with such a spaz, though.”

“Sorry he didn’t pick you, peaches?”

“Now, now,” Clem entered tugging at the lapels of his tuxedo jacket, “none of that. This is your wedding day and there’s one lovely little slayer getting ready upstairs that’ll start chopping heads off if you two start your bickering.”

“D’ya see her?” Spike asked his best man eagerly. “We ready to get this bloody show started?”

“All the guests have arrived and Dawnie assures me they’re just putting on the finishing touches so I’d say it’s time to take our places,” the demon said with an easy smile.

Without further ado the groom made his way outside to the garden with Angel and Clem following behind. The brooding vampire went to stand with Fred, Gunn, Lorne and Wesley off to the side while the demon moved with Spike to take their places at the front of the gathering. Seeing that Xander, who had been chosen as an usher for the ceremony, urged everyone to be seated then rushed to take his place beside Clem.

“So we’re starting now?” the brunette asked.

“I bloody hope so,” Spike ran a finger inside the tight collar of his white shirt and kept his attention focused on the doors his bride would be walking through.

Andrew turned his attention and the camcorder he held in that direction so as not to miss any of the actual ceremony. He had lots of footage of all the guests arriving. Rona and Vi were the only former slayers in training who had helped defeat the First in attendance, besides Kennedy, due to the way the group had scattered after winning the battle. Principal Wood was there with Faith, whose Gunn had managed to get overturned even faster than expected.

Hank Summers was absent, as he had been all the major events in his daughter’s life, but he’d sent a nice big check for the couple to enjoy as a wedding gift.

It was a small, intimate gathering under the starry night sky with a rather uncomfortable minister present to perform the nuptials.

Finally there was movement in the lobby and moments later Willow, clad in a green satin dress and carrying a bouquet of white roses, stepped out into the garden with a nod for Andrew to cue the music.

As the smiling redhead made her way down the makeshift aisle Dawn stepped through the doors and seconds later the wedding march began to play bringing everyone to their feet to watch for the bride’s arrival. Willow was standing in position at the minister’s side and the teenager was halfway down the aisle when Buffy emerged from the hotel on her former watcher’s arm.

She was a vision in white satin and lace with a frothy veil doing little to hide her glowing face as she looked up to meet her soon to be husband’s gaze.

Spike’s heart lurched emotionally in his chest as their eyes met then he frowned when her eyes went wide with horror and focused on something behind him. When his bride suddenly removed her veil and put it carefully aside along with her bouquet before turning to run back into the hotel, he looked over his shoulder to see what the hell she was going on about.

“My invitation must have been lost in the mail,” Drusilla said in her most childish voice. “Luckily, Miss Edith told me all about your li’l party. I hope you don’t mind my bringing a few guests.”

Everyone froze as they turned to see the woman standing behind the groom. Recognizing his childe Angel cursed then ran into the hotel to raid his weapons chest.

“Oh bloody hell,” the groom groaned as his ex-lover vamped out and lunged toward him.

Vampires began coming at them from all directions and guests met the assailants head on despite not having thought to bring weapons to the ceremony. Clem smiled weakly and quickly moved the minister out of harms way as Xander got knocked against a wall by a vamp and Spike delivered a series of punches to keep Dru back.

“Miss Edith also said I can have my prince back now,” the dark haired vampire whispered as she got behind the blonde and tried to bite his throat.

“This is NOT happening on my wedding day,” Buffy declared as she ran back out into the garden brandishing the axe she’d gotten from inside.

With quick movements she cut off the heads of two vampires who tried to get in her way then ran forward to slam the blunt end of the weapon into Dru’s face to send the other woman flying backward.

“You couldn’t bring enough for all of us, B,” Faith admired the axe and setting for folding up one of the aluminum chairs guests had been sitting on and using it as a weapon against the two vampires attacking her.

Gunn and Wesley were fighting their way easily through the minions to join Angel in getting weapons for all as Lorne scrambled to find cover and Andrew eagerly continued to record every moment with his camera darting left and right to focus on the action.

Dawn, Fred, Giles, Kennedy, Robin, Rona and Vi followed Faith’s example and used the chairs to beat back the vampires in addition to throwing punches and kicking asses. Willow’s eyes were looking a bit black as she dispelled anyone lunging her way with a furious wave of her hand.

Meanwhile, Buffy and Spike were both fighting the crazed Drusilla who was apparently determined to turn the man back into a vampire. The two blondes kept the brunette boxed between them as they argued over who had more right to chop her head off.

“I’m the one with the axe and this is my wedding she’s ruined,” Buffy argued with a roundhouse kick to the other woman’s stomach as she against slammed the handle of the weapon into the vampire’s face.

“It’s my wedding, too, and it’s my bloody neck she trying to bite again,” Spike punched his former lover when she turned his way and continued to argue with his fiancée. “Give me the axe and I’ll let you dust all the little fledglings for spoiling your flower arrangements.”

“Who did what to my arrangements?” the bride whipped her head around with a gasp to survey the damage done to the pretty little flowers she’d had placed around the garden for the wedding.

While she was distracted Spike lunged forward to yank the axe from her relaxed grip then turned to face his sire. Angel was now distributing stakes and various sharp objects to the other slayers present and the vampires were being dusted at a rapid clip.

Buffy forgot about the stupid flowers to watch her groom face the vampire he had loved for so long.

“Why won’t you be my prince any more?” Dru asked him tearfully with her features shifting back to human as her minions were wiped out. “We had such good times you and I. You loved it - the blood, the battles, the bloodcurdling screams of all those weak little humans we fed upon. Now you’re one of them again – all weak and mortal.”

“Nothing weak about me this time, pet,” Spike raised the axe slowly and Angel was unable to watch Angelus’s beloved childe’s last moments. “And that just isn’t me anymore.”

“But it can be,” Drusilla vamped out again and moved so quickly no one was expecting it when she caught the swinging axe in one hand and knocked the blonde man back with the other. “Mummy’s here to make you all better again.”

“Like hell you are,” Buffy tackled the vampire before she could leap at the groom, straddled the brunette then looked around frantically for a stake.

“Yo, B,” Faith called out and the blonde looked up to see a big wooden stake flying through the air towards her.

Weapon in hand the bride didn’t hesitate a single second before plunging it straight through the vampire’s shriveled heart and turning the woman to gray dust beneath her.

“Dammit, slayer, it was my right to do that,” Spike complained as he got back to his feet the helped his bride to hers.

“I had just as much right to dust the bitch,” Buffy said. “Look at what she made me do to my dress.”

“What the devil was all that?” asked a shaky male voice and everyone looked around to see the minister staring back at them - wide eyed with his Bible clenched to his chest.

~*~*~

“Dearly beloved,” the minister began shakily after being assured that there would be no more interruptions. “We are gathered here today – tonight, rather - ”

“Actually,” Buffy looked from Spike to the man they stood before, “could we just skip to the important parts?”

Taking a look at the bride’s grass stained gown and the groom’s torn lapel on his tux, the man nodded eagerly and skipped ahead.

“Do you, Buffy Anne Summers, take this man, Spike,” he paused and looked up questioningly at the single name. “This man, Spike,” the minister continued nervously after getting a glare from the groom, “to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, for better or for worse until death shall you part?”

“I do,” she bit back a smile and thought at how unsuccessful death had been thus far at parting the.

“And do you, Spike, take this woman - ”

“I do,” the groom interrupted firmly.

Well rehearsed on this part, Clem quickly gave the minister the wedding rings before being asked. With a weak smile at the loose skinned demon, the man gave Buffy’s ring to Spike and said, “Repeat after me. ‘Buffy, with this ring, I thee wed. Take it and wear it as a symbol of all we shall share.’”

“Buffy,” Spike looked into her watery green eyes, “with this ring, I thee wed. Take it and wear it as a symbol of all we shall share,” he slid the solid gold band onto her ring finger then raised her left hand to kiss her knuckles.

“And now you,” the minister said after clearing his throat to stop the couple from simply staring at each other. “Repeat after me. ‘Spike, with this ring, I thee wed. Take it and wear it as a symbol of all we shall share.’”

She slid the ring onto her groom’s finger then looked into his eyes and said softly, “Spike, with this ring, I thee wed. Take it and wear it as a symbol of all we shall share.”

Their lips met the instant the last word was spoken and when they showed no signs of stopping the kiss, the minister finished in a rush for the guests.

“In as much as these two have pledged to each other their lifelong commitment, love and devotion, I now pronounce them husband and wife by the powers vested in me by God and the state of California. Those who God has joined together today, let no one put asunder,” the man looked at the couple with a slight shake of his head. “Spike, you may continue kissing your bride.”

“Wasn’t needing your permission, pops,” the groom pulled away for just a second to say before pulling his wife even closer for a deeper kiss.

“Ok, then. Beautiful ceremony, the bride is positively glowing and yada yada yada,” Lorne stood up and clapped for the newlyweds for a moment. “Now how ‘bout we go inside and hit the booze?”

“Oh phooey,” Buffy pouted as she and Spike turned after a moment to follow the others inside. “I broke my shoe.”

“My poor baby,” her husband mocked before scooping her up in his arms and carrying her inside so she wouldn’t have to walk in the now heel-less high heel. “How long do we have to put up with these geeks before we can go upstairs?”

“I’m thinking we could get away in an hour,” his wife sighed as she watched her friends and family rushing around the lobby getting food and alcohol from the caterers who’d set up the reception there. “Might be able to slip away sooner if they get drunk.”

“Right then,” Spike put her down and called out to the bartender, “Keep those drinks coming.”