Buffy’s theory that they might get away from drunken guests easier than sober ones was proven very wrong two hours into the reception. The more her friends drank the more they wanted to toast and congratulate the happy couple. Lorne keeping the music playing for the people to keep dancing while Andrew rushed around having everyone say something for the camera also proved a delay to their getting upstairs.

Dawn, who Spike was threatening to send off to reform school to finish up her high schooling, deliberately found little things to stop them with when they tried to sneak past her. First she reminded them with a big innocent smile that they had to pose for their wedding pictures. Then it was the need to have the first dance and cut the cake. Next she informed them that there were gifts to be opened. And, of course, Spike couldn’t forget to throw Buffy’s garter to the bachelors present nor could Buffy forget tossing her bouquet to the single women. She finally let them pass when Spike shoved a glass of champagne in her hand and told her to drink all she wanted as a bribe.

“Spike, we can’t let her drink that,” the bride protested as her maid of honor happily drank down the beverage and practically skipped to the bar for another.

“It’s sparkling cider, luv, and I told the bloody barkeep I’d rip his head off if he served her anything else,” her new husband said while dragging her toward the staircase. “Last thing any of us needs to deal with is a drunken nibblit. She’d probably start snogging Xander’s boytoy.”

“Mmm, speaking of snogging,” Buffy pulled him to a stop and moved in for a kiss at the base of the stairs.

“Looks like our newlyweds are heading off to consummate this joyous little union, so let’s send them off with a little ditty, what d’ya say?” startled the couple turned to see Lorne with a microphone standing in the center of the gathering behind them with the garter he’d caught dangling from his left horn. “Here’s an oldie but a goody for all you hip cats.”

“This is why I told you no bloody karaoke at the reception,” Spike sighed as the demon began singing.

“’Out of the tree of life I just picked me a plum’ and what a precious little plum she is,” the empath winked a red eye at Buffy whose eyes went wide in fascinated horror. “’You came along and everything started to hum. Still it’s a real good bet the best is yet to come,’ but there are innocents present so let’s not go into any detail about that,” Lorne continued to sing and interject little statements directed toward his audience with the lyrics. “’The best is yet to come and won’t that be fine. You think you’ve seen the sun, but you ain’t seen it shine. Wait till the warm-up is underway, wait till our lips have met.’ Come on Mr. and Mrs. Spike give us one last kiss for the cameras before scurrying off to do that horizontal polka,” the demon moved toward them with Andrew and the wedding photographer in tow while continuing with the song. “’Wait till you see that sunshine day. You ain’t seen nothing yet. The best is yet to come and won’t that be fine.’ Truly you two, beautiful ceremony aside from the ex-vampire lover crashing in with her minions to try and feast on all your guests,” Lorne wedged himself between the couple for a quick picture then went back to serenading them with his lounge style singing. “’The best is yet to come, come the day you’re mine.’ Looks like that day is today and what a great day it has been, let’s give these two a round of applause to thank them for giving us reason to have this fabo party.”

As the green man tucked his microphone under one arm to began clapping and the assembled guests slowly began applauding along with him, Spike took his wife’s arm and cautiously started inching his way up the stairs away from the clearly intoxicated demon.

“Yo, B, make sure you do everything to him that I would do,” Faith called out and raised her glass of champagne to the other slayer when the blonde looked her way. “And, blondie,” the brunette turned to toast the groom, “don’t forget what I told you about those muscles. Warm champagne, handsome. Divorce her and come to me if she doesn’t show you,” she offered with a sly wink despite her date’s glare.

“And there they go,” Lorne raised a hand to feign wiping away tears from his eyes as Spike restrained his bride from lunging at the rogue slayer and started dragging her up the stairs. “Aren’t they just the most perfect couple you’ve ever seen?”

“I’ve seen better,” Angel and Xander were both heard to say in the crowd.

“’Come the day you’re mine, I’m gonna teach you to fly. We’ve only tasted the wine. We’re gonna drain that cup dry.’ This is a party people, let’s drink up and keep the alcohol a flowing,” the empath demon went back to his performance as the newlyweds finally made their escape.

~*~*~

“Thank God we only have to go through that once in our lives,” Buffy sighed as Spike set her on her feet in their suite after carrying her over the threshold.

“We could’ve just gone to a nice justice of the peace to say our ‘I do’s’ without involving all the twits, but you wanted an actual ceremony to get all fancied up for,” her husband gave her a smile and dropped a kiss on her lips.

“We’re gonna have to buy this now,” she fingered the torn lapel of his tuxedo jacket a bit nervously then looked up into his eyes. “Ah … about Dru,” she bit her lip and looked away.

“Don’t give her another thought, luv. You’re the only one I’ve ever loved like this, with all my heart and bleeding soul even before I really had either,” he cupped her face in his hands and turned it back so he could look into her eyes. “I would have killed the daft bird long ago for you and never regretted it. She’s my past and been nothing but the past for me for a long time now. You are my present and future. I love you, Buffy, and I’ll spend the rest of our lives showing you how much.”

“I don’t know what I ever did to deserve someone as good as you,” emotional tears deepened the color of her eyes, “but I will spend the rest of my life showing you how grateful I am to have you. I love you so much.”

“My wife,” he whispered against her lips as his hands worked to removed the pins from her hair and let down the upswept strands.

“My husband,” she smiled tearfully and pushed his jacket off before moving to unbutton his shirt.

Silently their clothing was slowly removed. She got his shirt open to reveal the still slightly pale but getting bronzed flesh of his chest and lovingly traced every muscle there. He lowered the zipper at the back of her gown and reverently ran his hands over her bare shoulders as the dress fell to pool at her feet. She removed the belt from around his lean waist as he toed off the dress shoes he’d consented to wear with the tux.

They both hesitated for some unknown reason over the remaining barriers between them. Buffy’s fingers curling into the waistband of his pants, but didn’t open the fastenings so near her hands. Spike’s fingers toyed with the straps of the white satin slip she had worn under her gown, but didn’t push them off her shoulders to send the flimsy garment to join the dress on the floor.

The stalling on both their parts surprised her considering that, with the exception of the few days last week that it had taken for her cycle to pass and Spike to recover from his circumcision, they hadn’t gone without sex for more than twelve hours since he was restored. As soon as they’d been able to again they’d gone at each other like animals and stayed in their bedroom for almost a full day making enough noise that Dawn swore she was psychologically scarred for life.

So why weren’t they on that big soft bed screwing like rabbits right now, she wondered.

“This is kinda silly,” she said quietly as she watched her index finger circle his navel. “We’ve done this hundreds of times I shouldn’t feel nervous.”

“It’s a bit different this time,” he bent to kiss the sensitive spot behind her left ear.

“Good,” she moaned and tipped her head to the right as his lips moved down the left side of her neck to the tiny white strip of fabric on her shoulder, “so I’m not the only one who feels that.”

“No,” he joined their hands, meshing their fingers together and pulling back to stare at the matching bands on their ring fingers that marked them as husband and wife. “I feel it, too. This is …”

“Right,” she suggested softly when he paused to find the right word.

“Sacred,” he finished looking deep into her eyes.

“Oh,” she blinked a bit at the word and the passion with which he spoke it then smiled. “I like your word better.”

“Yours was good, too,” he returned the smile before moving to kiss her gently with their joined hands pressed between their chest. “This is right,” he tilted his head to the side to change the angle of their kisses, making them deeper. “This is so bloody right.”

When he released her hands to scoop her back up into his arms she slid her hands into his hair and pressed her face against his shoulder, thinking that they were both right.

When he laid her gently on the bed then straightened to stare at her lying before him bathed the soft glow of light from the bedside lamp then moved his hands to remove his pant it was clear that this was sacred.

There was a reverence in the way he slid his nude body on to the bed next to her and in the way her breath and heartbeat slowed in anticipation as he laid on propped up on his side looking at her.

There was a purity in the way his hand reached out to stroke her cheek then make it’s way down her body until it reached her bare thigh at the bottom of her slip.

It was like her first time all over again.

Like their first time ever.

She looked into his eyes as his hand started sliding up under her slip then curled into the waistband of her bikini briefs and began pulled them down. With their gazes still locked together she raised her hips to help with the removal.

After getting the panties past her feet and tossing them aside Spike sat up to begin inching the slip up her body, pausing to kiss and caress every inch he bared. By the time he had the garment around her shoulders and was pulling her upright to get it completely off she had had enough of the slow and worshipping lovemaking.

Once her arms were free of the slip’s confines she wrapped them around her husband and rolled him onto his back.

Straddling his hips Buffy ran her hands through his slicked back bleached blonde hair while lowering her mouth to nip sharply at his soft full lips. He opened his mouth, tangled his hands in her hair and began returning the nips and kisses hungrily. She broke off to kiss her way down his body, but he stopped her before she could take him into her mouth.

“Trust me, you’ll like this, luv,” he promised when she looked up a bit confused at his holding her off.

Curiously she watched him sit up with his back braced against and legs outstretched in front of him. He gave her a leering look as he took her hands and urged her to straddle his hips again. Her hands went to his shoulders, at first for balance as she positioned herself then just to hold onto him as he took himself in hand and guided his erection into her waiting warmth.

Buried inside her Spike nuzzled his face against her neck while he rearranged her legs until they were wrapped around his waist putting all her weight on to his body and sinking him as deeply inside her as he could go.

Their eyes locked again as they stayed unmoving for a moment.

Then her hands squeezed the warm resilient flesh of his shoulders before her fingers raked down his back to pull their chests together. His arms wrapped around her with his hands going to her hips to begin raising and lowering her body on his.

For the longest time they continued just like that. His hands alternated between moving her hips to running up her spine and curling over her shoulders to arch her backward so her small firm breasts were thrusts toward his lips, which waited to kiss, nibble and suckle at her hardened nipples. Occasionally they would kiss - gently or hungrily, softly or with bruising force. Mostly, though, when he wasn’t suckling at her breasts, their faces would hover just inches apart as they breathed in each other’s breath and scents, looking deeply into each other’s souls and saw the same feelings of desire, love, devotion and lust they knew themselves to be feeling at this joining.

Finally it became too much. Buffy’s fingers were digging into his back and Spike’s lips were more demanding on her breasts while his hands guided her hips to ride him faster and harder.

“Spike, please,” she whimpered when she’d taken as much as she could and needed more.

He knew her so well he didn’t need to ask what she wanted. His blue eyes were darkened to a deep navy with desire and the dilation of his pupils as he locked gazes with hers to watch her every reaction as he kept their bodies tightly joined while he carefully shifted them until she was on her back with him above her.

He drove into her with a series pounding thrusts that slicked their bodies with even more sweat, set their hearts to thrumming even harder in their chests and made their breathing more a series of pants between loud moans and groans. She relished his weight and control and power for a few minutes then used her agile slayer form to flip them over so she was the one weighing him down, controlling their union and overwhelming him with her power and strength.

“That’s it, luv,” he groaned encouragingly as she set out to ride him hard, but slow.

Her hands ran roughly over his chest, fingernails scraping over his nipples to make him buck underneath her, as she squeezed him tight with her slayer muscles while raising her hips until he was nearly slipping out of her then she relaxed the muscles and slammed back down so their pelvises smacked together.

Buffy repeated the process until she was only able to move halfway off him before needing to slam back down and feel him filling every inch of her. When Spike’s hands wrapped around her hips to urge her on and his fingers curled into the soft firmness of her ass she gave up trying to drive him crazy in favor of taking them both over the edge together.

Planting her hands on the bed beside his head she leant forward to begin kissing his lips and neck while her body bounced and writhed on him. He moved one hand from her hip to wedge it between their bodies to find the knot of nerves between her legs and send bolts of pure ecstasy shooting through her system.

She looked at his face, saw how he was fighting to hold back his climax, and willingly threw herself into the orgasm he brought her to with his fingers on her clit. Wrapping both arms around her and crying out her name, Spike quickly joined her in orgasm.

~*~*~

Still tired in the most delicious way from her wedding night Buffy awoke the following afternoon to Spike waving a cup of coffee under her nose. She sat up with a smile and drank the hot liquid then spotted the tray of food on the bed beside her and the TV on against the wall at near the foot of the bed.

“Mmm, I’m famished,” she declared while picking up the huge sandwich on the tray and taking a fairly decent chunk out of it.

“Wonder why that is?” he gave her that trademarked smirk of his as he watched her devour the food for a minute then turned away to watch something on television.

“Aren’t you gonna eat?” Buffy asked after finishing off the sandwich and moving on to her french fries.

“Shh, Passions on and I need to know who killed Julian Crane,” Spike replied without looking up from the screen.

“You still watch that show?” she smiled at his intent study of the program as he eagerly awaiting the revelation of the murder.

“It’s a good show,” he said before waving her to silence. “Now quiet before I miss it.”

“Spike,” she knew he’d punish her in some delightfully thrilling way for what she was about to do, but weighing the good against the bad she decided it was a win win situation. “This is our honeymoon. Sure we may not be able to fly off to some exotic isle and frolic nude on beaches to pass the time, but there are many many other things,” she slid from the bed and moved to shut off the TV before he knew what she was up to, “we can do besides watch daytime television.”

“Hey,” he protested when it sank in what she’d done as she tackled him back onto the bed. “I can do both, you know,” he bragged while turning the TV back on with the remote he held and running his free hand over her body.

“Really? Prove it,” she challenged.

With his eyes mostly on the television and his hands completely focused on her body, he did prove it and a few other things during their week long stay in the hotel suite.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: In this chapter Lorne serenades the happy couple with Frank Sinatra's "The Best is Yet To Come."

Thanks as always to Unwanted Souless Freak who suggested that I include mention of Passions in this story.