Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for all of the reviews this weekend! I hope you continue to enjoy this story- there are only 2 chapters left after this one, and the next is a little... hot:)
One Month Later



Buffy pulled on her hunter-green silk bridesmaid’s dress before sliding on matching heels and taking one last look in the mirror. Spike let himself into her apartment, going to her room and watching her fluff up her hair a bit with her fingers.

“You look beautiful,” he said, and she turned to look at him, her mouth slightly opening as she looked at the tux he was wearing. “Like it?”

“I thought you were just going to get dressed up, not in a tux,” she said.

“Well, Andrew asked me to be in the wedding,” he said, shrugging. “One of his friends had to back out to go to a Star Wars convention, so I figured I’d take his place.” She giggled. “Now I get to be the one escorting you down the aisle.” She walked over to him and hugged him, smiling when he kissed the top of her head. “Ready to go?”

“I just want to bask for a minute,” she said quietly before breaking away. “Okay, let’s go.” He chuckled and took her hand in his, leading her out of the building and to his car. “So, how did that party go last night? The one you stripped at?”

“I had a bunch of forty year old women shoving singles under my g-string,” he answered, and she smiled. “Could’ve been worse. Could’ve been better, but it could’ve been worse.” They got into his car, and he began to drive to the church. “So, you’re beginning to accept my job?”

“It’s one of the facets of Spike,” she said, smirking at him. “And I like Spike, so therefore, I can accept his career.” He leaned over and kissed her cheek when they had to stop at a stoplight.

“Thank you, pet,” he said, and she smiled at him. “Think we’ll ever get married?” She raised an eyebrow, stunned by the question. He noticed the shock on her face and laughed. “Just a question, Goldilocks.”

“Would you w-want to g-get married?” she asked, slightly stammering, and he put his hand on hers.

“Yes, I think I would like that,” he said, and she smiled. “What about you?”

“Yeah, I think I could like that, too,” she replied, and he squeezed her hand, chuckling.

* * * * *

Buffy and Willow were sitting in one of the church’s back rooms with Anya, waiting for it to be time for the wedding to begin. Buffy watched Anya go over her vows and smiled.

“You want to get married, don’t you?” Willow asked quietly, looking at her friend.

“I do,” Buffy answered, and Willow smiled.

“I think Anya’s supposed to be the one saying that,” Willow replied, and both girls giggled, getting Anya’s attention.

“Do you think calling Andrew my ‘sex poodle’ is a little taboo to be in my vows?” she asked, and both girls stared at her. “I’ll take that as a yes, then. I’ll just have to omit that phrase.”

“Good idea,” Buffy said before looking at Willow again. “I know that I love Spike, and getting married would be nice, but we’ve only been together for four months- that’s kind of soon, don’t you think?”

“Well, long engagements are always nice,” Willow replied, shrugging. “More time to plan a wedding.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Buffy said, looking at a clock on the wall, noting that it was already twelve.

‘Shouldn’t the wedding be starting?’ she thought before she realized Willow was talking again.

“Besides, it’s not like you’re getting engaged today,” Willow said. “It’s probably good, though, to consider marriage if you love him as much as I think you do.” She sighed. “And I’d like to be in another wedding.” Buffy laughed and hugged her friend.

“Thanks, Willow,” she said. “I appreciate this little chat.” Willow nodded, smiling. Tara opened the door of the room with a worried look on her face. “What’s wrong?”

“Um… Andrew’s gone,” Tara said, and Buffy and Willow looked at each other as Anya dropped the note-card she was holding and charged out of the room.

“What do you mean, he’s gone?” Anya asked, practically yelling as she stormed down the aisle, all three girls following her. Everyone seated in the pews watched them silently. “He left?”

“He left a note,” Tara said, handing it to Anya, shaking slightly. “Jonathon and Spike found it.” Anya grabbed it and began to read it, suddenly breaking down in tears.

“How could he do this?” Anya asked. “It’s our wedding day!” She began sobbing harder and ran out of the church. Buffy saw Spike towards the front of the church and walked to him, both frowning.

“I didn’t know he’d bail,” Spike said quietly, and she hugged him. “Are you okay?”

“You’d never leave me on our wedding day, would you?” she asked, looking up at him with fear in her eyes. He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

“I’ll never leave you, Buffy,” he said sincerely.

* * * * *

Buffy hung up her cell phone a couple of hours later after talking to Anya. Spike and Buffy went to Willow and Tara’s apartment after the wedding to talk, happy when Anya tried to contact them.

“Where is she?” Tara asked, concerned.

“Apparently, Anya ran into her photographer outside and left with him,” Buffy said, shocked. “She thought he was hot when she met him, so she figured she might as well go for him if Andrew doesn’t want her.”

“Are you kidding?” Willow asked, and Buffy shook her head. “Wow.”

“That’s what I thought, too,” Buffy said, leaning into Spike’s side as they sat on the couch together. “As soon as she said, ‘Xander and I met up outside and are heading to L.A.’, I could’ve dropped the phone.”

“I wonder where Andrew went,” Spike said, and all three girls looked at him. “I mean, I know there was that convention this weekend, but you don’t think he would go there, do you?”

“Who knows what he’d do,” Buffy replied, looking down. “No one thought he’d leave Anya on their wedding day, as it is. If he wanted to run off to a Star Wars convention instead, I wouldn’t be surprised.”

“I feel so bad for Anya,” Willow said, and everyone nodded. “Being hurt like that must be horrible.” Buffy looked at Spike for a moment and gave him a small smile.

“But if their relationship is worth saving, they’ll work on it,” she said. “And if it’s not, they’ll move on.”

“Not everyone is as lucky as you two,” Willow said, smiling slightly, and Buffy nodded, looking at Spike.

“Yes, we’re very lucky.”