Author's Chapter Notes:
See the end of the chapter...
One Year Later



Buffy sat in the living room of her apartment, surrounded by several of her friends, as they eagerly awaited the stripper Anya had ordered for Buffy’s bachelorette party.

“Who would’ve thought that you’d lose your prudish side and decide to marry a stripper?” Anya asked, looking at Buffy. “Can’t say I ever expected it.”

“Says the girl who ran off with the photographer for her wedding and married him a month later,” Buffy said, smirking. “How is Xander, by the way?”

“Ever so talented at supplying me with orgasms,” Anya answered. “Thanks for asking.” Willow and Tara shook their heads, not surprised at how blunt Anya unfailingly was.

“So, Buffy, you’re okay with Spike staying on as a stripper?” Fred asked, and Buffy shrugged, smiling at one of her newest friends. Spike had introduced her to Wesley and Fred months before, along with the rest of his fellow employees at Not All Old Hat. After seeing how happy Fred and Wesley were together, Buffy decided that she was okay with Spike continuing to strip, knowing fully that he’d be faithful to her despite the kind of job he had.

“He’s happy, so I’m happy,” Buffy answered. “I’d rather have him do something he enjoys than something he loathes.”

“And I’m sure his skills help in the bedroom,” Anya added. “Don’t they?”

“I have a feeling Spike would be talented even without the talents he picked up as a stripper,” Cordelia said. “He’s practically sex on a stick.” Buffy looked at the brunette. “No worries, Buffy- I’ve got Angel now.”

“Maybe I should enroll Xander in some type of stripping courses,” Anya said. “He’s a stallion, but I want him to-”

“Please don’t finish that train of thought,” Willow cut in. “Lesbian, remember?”

“Fine,” Anya said, getting up and grinning widely as the doorbell rang. She answered the door and raised an eyebrow when a man walked in, wearing a tweed suit. “You’re the stripper?”

“Rupert Giles,” the man said sternly, shaking her hand. “And no, I’m not stripping- I’m just here to observe. I retired last week and now am in charge of monitoring my protégé.” Everyone looked at the door as Andrew strolled in, wearing purple leather pants, a white pirate-like shirt, an eye-patch, a purple bandana, and a black boa for some extra flare. Anya and Andrew stared at each in other in shock.

“Oh my god,” she said quietly, her hand coming up to cover her mouth.

“Hi,” he said sheepishly before pausing for a moment. “How’ve you been?”

“You’re a stripper?” she asked, stunned, and he nodded. “Why?”

“Well, after watching Spike strip at your party, I gave it a lot of thought and considered it,” Andrew explained, looking down. “I contacted Spike, and he told me to come in and talk to Cordelia.” Anya turned to look at her friend.

“Why the hell didn’t you tell me?” she yelled. “You employ my ex-fiancé?”

“I didn’t think it was my place to tell you,” Cordelia said, crossing her arms. “Besides, you two are totally ruining the fun. This is supposed to be Buffy’s last bash as a single woman.”

“Oh, trust me- this is a lot more fun than watching him strip, I’d bet,” Buffy said quietly, giggling with Willow and Tara. “You two should probably talk about this.”

“Did you leave me to become a stripper?” Anya asked, turning back to face Andrew, who shook his head.

“I left because I knew we weren’t in love as much as we should’ve been,” he answered. “Plus, I wanted to go to the Star Wars convention, which was the same weekend as our wedding, coincidentally. Or maybe you just planned it that way to keep me from having fun there with Warren.”

“Hold on just a minute, buddy,” Anya said, pointing her index finger at him. “You were the one who chose the date, not me!”

“What’s the commotion?” Spike asked as he walked into the apartment, seeing Andrew and Anya a few feet away. “Hey, Andy. Nice outfit.” Andrew smiled at Spike before looking at Anya again.

“Why’re you here?” Buffy asked, standing up and walking over to her fiancé. “You’re supposed to be out with the boys.”

“Forgot something,” he said, shrugging. “I’m meeting up with them in a few minutes.”

“What’d you forget?” she asked, and he took her hand in his before looking at Rupert.

“How’s retirement going?” Spike asked conversationally.

“Not nearly as fun as having lovely women hoarding over me,” he joked lightly, and Spike chuckled before leading Buffy to her bedroom and shutting the door.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, becoming a little worried.

“Well, I wanted to run an idea past you,” he said, sitting her down on the bed before kneeling down in front of her. “Cordelia offered to let me help manage Not All Old Hat with her instead of stripping from now on.” Buffy raised an eyebrow. “What do you think?”

“Is that what you want to do? Not strip anymore?” she asked, and he nodded. “Why not?”

“Because I want you to be happy,” he said. “And I know you’d always wonder what was going on if I continued to do stripping jobs every night.”

“I trust you,” she said, and he grazed her cheek. “I want you to do what makes you happy.”

“I think I’ll be just as happy helping Cordelia run the place,” he said. “So, should I take it?”

“If that’s what you want to do,” she said, and he nodded. She leaned down and softly kissed him. “When do you switch jobs?”

“Tomorrow,” he answered, and she smiled, standing up. “What?”

“Want to give your last performance here tonight?” she asked, and he smirked.

“You want me to?” he asked, and she nodded, grabbing his hand and walking back to the living room with him.

“If it’s alright with all of you, my gorgeous soon-to-be husband wants to give us a show,” Buffy said, sitting back down on the couch beside Willow. Spike grinned as everyone clapped before going to Buffy’s CD player and turning on a song that played during The Full Monty, called “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer.

Everyone watched in surprise as Rupert and Andrew moved to stand beside Spike, all three beginning to dance to the music, pulling off their shirts at around the same time. All of the women clapped, watching them in delight. Spike smiled at Buffy and began to work on his jeans, and before he knew it, she was standing in front of him, blocking him from view.

“No else gets to see what you hide away,” she said, turning to face her friends. “Sorry, girls, but he’s mine.” She grabbed his hand and yanked him into the bedroom, closing the door and locking it. “I don’t think you’ll be meeting your friends for quite a while tonight.”

“Fine with me,” Spike said, smirking. “There’s only one person I want to spend the night with.”

“Just one night?” she asked, pouting, and he embraced her, pressing his forehead to hers.

“No,” he answered. “Every night for the rest of my life.” She smiled and kissed him. “Along with every waking moment.”

“Is that the poet in you, William?” she asked jokingly, and he chuckled.

“The poet in me is what brought us together,” he replied, and she nodded, smiling.

“And every day since we met has been amazing,” she said. “Minus the bumps in the middle.” He grazed her cheek and kissed her softly. “But I don’t regret any of it, and neither should you. It all forms a story. Our story.”

“A story, eh? I guess you’re right,” he said, studying the content look on her face.

“How do you think our story goes?” she asked, wrapping her arms around his waist.

“Well, there was once this dashing stripper who walked into a bookstore and swept the cashier off her feet,” he began, and she fell back onto the bed, pulling him down with her, both laughing as he landed on top of her. “I thought I was telling you our story?”

“You can play storyteller later,” she said, running her hands over his back. “I just want to enjoy pre-marital sex a bit more.” He chuckled and swooped down to kiss her.

“I love you, Buffy,” he said, and she bent her knees up, allowing him to settle between her thighs.

“I love you, too, William,” she replied. “The sexiest ex-stripper in all the land.”


THE END






A/N I want to thank everyone who enjoyed this story and reviewed! I'm happy so many people liked it, especially since I had such a great time writing it. I once again need to thank Katie for giving me the inspiration for this story, along with her support!

I'll be posting my new AU, "Falling For A Redcoat", on Friday, July 1st, since the story coincides with the week surrounding July 4th. It's a short, sweet, fluffy romantic fic, so I hope you'll try reading that one, too. Thanks again, and feel free to review some more!:)