Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is going to lead into a sexy Spuffy chapter next, I promise:) Thanks for everyone who has been patiently waiting for it LOL I hope you like this chapter!
“Let me get this straight,” Liam said the morning of Valentine’s Day as he followed Spike to their lockers. “You’ve been together nearly four months, and she still hasn’t said she loves you?”

“I’m not going to force her to,” Spike replied, opening the combination lock as he came to stand in front of his locker. “Maybe she doesn’t love me.” He sighed. “I think she does, but from what I can tell, she’s just too afraid to say it, to really let someone into her life.”

“Can you blame her?” Xander asked as he stopped beside his friends. “It’s not like you’ve had a stellar history with girls, especially since every relationship you’ve had has been with a girl from Holy Angels. Undoubtedly, all of them told their friends about you, which in turn spread throughout the school.”

“I would think that Buffy’s moved beyond trusting whatever gossip she hears,” Spike said sternly. “She knows how I am, and if she really thinks I’m out to hurt her, then she’s very wrong.”

“She’ll tell you,” Liam said, leaning against his locker. “I don’t know when, but if she loves you, she’ll tell you.”

“Tough to sound like a girl,” Xander joked, and Angel smacked him. “So, got any romantic plans for tonight?”

“Cordelia wants to go to the Bronze,” Liam answered, frowning. “Which I don’t understand, considering the fact she knows I can’t dance.”

“Too true,” Spike said, smirking as Liam shot him a look. “I’m going to take Buffy to the restaurant we went to on our first date, and then I was thinking of maybe driving us to the beach or something.”

“Do you anticipate lots of ‘shagging’?” Xander asked, and Spike frowned, crossing his arms. “What? You’re telling me that you two haven’t slept together yet?”

“No, we haven’t,” Spike said, shutting his locker. “What’s the rush?”

“This girl really has changed you, hasn’t she?” Liam asked, studying his friend. “What happened to the guy who used to lure girls into bed after the first date?”

“He grew up,” Spike answered as he walked away.

* * * * *

“So, are you going out with Spike tonight?” Willow asked as she left school with Buffy, walking to their cars.

“He said he wants to take me out,” Buffy answered, shrugging. “What we’re doing is a surprise, apparently.”

“Oh, intriguing!” Willow replied, smirking. “Are you planning on any debauchery?”

“If you mean what I think you mean… I don’t know,” Buffy said, ducking her head and blushing.

“I was only kidding,” Willow said, patting her friend’s shoulder. “Don’t go out and do anything stupid, okay?”

“I won’t,” Buffy said, managing a weak smile. “I just… I think it’s time.”

“Time? For what?” Willow asked before her eyes widened. “Oh! Time for that, gotcha.”

“That doesn’t make me slutty, does it?” Buffy asked quickly. “I mean, he and I’ve been together for nearly four months, and I think that I… love him.”

“Wow,” Willow said quietly, surprised. “Who knew you’d fall for the guy you used to be enemies with?” Buffy tilted her head, frowning. “What? I’m only giving you a hard time.”

“Yeah, and you’re doing a superb job,” Buffy replied, looking away. “So, what’s your opinion on it? Do you think I should tell him tonight? I mean, it’s Valentine’s Day, and all.”

“It doesn’t get sweeter than that,” Willow said. “Especially if you mean it.” Buffy nodded and grabbed her car keys. “Will you call me tomorrow and tell me how it goes?” Buffy raised an eyebrow. “You can be very general about anything… naughty, but I want specific details about everything else.”

“You’re horrible,” Buffy said, walking away and blushing.

“That’s why I’m your best friend!” Willow shouted after her, grinning.

* * * * *

Later on that day, Buffy found herself sitting across from Spike at her favorite Italian restaurant, fidgeting with the food on the plate in front of her.

“Are you alright?” he asked quietly, concerned. “You’ve hardly eaten anything, and you’ve spoken about five words since we got here. If you want to go, we can, luv.”

“No, I’m fine,” she said, giving him a small smile. “I’m just not as hungry as I thought I was.”

“Is anything wrong?” he asked, and she shook her head, hoping he couldn’t tell how nervous she was. “Do you want me to get the waitress to box up your food so you can take it home?”

“Sure,” she said, pushing her plate away a little. Spike frowned and studied her.

“Buffy, if something’s wrong, you can tell me,” he said, putting his hand on hers. “If it’s me-”

“I’m really okay, Spike,” she said firmly, looking at him. “It’s just been a long day.”

“Then let’s head out,” he replied, motioning for their waitress to come to the table. “Can we have our bill, please?”

“Sure,” the woman replied, giving them both a weird look before walking away.

“You didn’t have to do that,” Buffy said. “You’re not done eating.”

“I’d rather see you be happy than to be full,” he said, and she giggled quietly. “Well, there’s some semblance of the Buffy I’m used to.” She smiled slightly and took a deep breath. “Do you want to go home, Goldilocks? Or maybe to the beach? You know, take a late-night stroll?”

“That sounds nice,” she answered, nodding. “I’d like that.”

* * * * *

After parking Spike’s car in the beach’s parking lot, they walked down to the water and began walking along the water, holding hands.

“I’m sorry I ruined the night,” Buffy said, looking at him.

“What’re you talking about?” Spike asked, confused.

“The restaurant,” she answered, looking at the water. “You planned a romantic dinner for us, and we ended up leaving because of me.”

“Luv, it’s perfectly fine,” he said, letting go of her hand and wrapping his arm around her waist instead, pulling her closer to his side as they walked. “Besides, the scent of garlic was starting to make me kind of nauseous.”

“Well, if you say so,” she replied, smiling. “But all the same, I’m sorry we left early. It was really sweet of you to take me there.”

“Well, I wanted to be nostalgic,” he said, smirking. “To remind you of how well we started out and how that hasn’t changed.” He paused. “Right?”

“We’re still doing fine,” she answered, kissing his cheek and looking at a bunch of large boulders a few feet away. “Let’s go sit and look up at the stars.”

“Luv, you’re not going to see any,” he replied, laughing. “The lights around here prohibit that.”

“If I want to see stars, I’m going to,” she said, giggling, pulling him towards the rocks and sitting down. He sat beside her and held her close to him as they looked up at the night sky. “See? There’s one right above us.”

“That’s a plane, pet,” he said, and she frowned.

“Fine, ruin my fun,” she replied, and he chuckled before looking at the sky and pointing. “What?”

“There’s a whole cluster of them there,” he said quietly. “All for you.” She saw the content expression on his face and took a deep breath.

“I love you,” she said, and he tensed up before looking at her, shocked.

“What?” he asked, wondering if he had heard her wrong.

“I love you,” she repeated in a whisper, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him. He pulled her closer to his body and reclined on the rocks, kissing her back with equal fervor.

“You love me?” he asked, clarifying what she had admitted. “Are you sure?” She giggled and kissed him again.

“Yes, I’m sure,” she answered, and he grinned before kissing her several times.

“I love you, too, Buffy,” he replied, pressing his forehead against hers. “You don’t know how long I’ve dreamt of hearing you say that to me.”

“I’m sorry it took me this long,” she said, and he grazed her cheek.

“Baby, I would’ve waited forever,” he replied, kissing her once again.