Author's Chapter Notes:
The number of reviews for the last chapter was amazing, so thank you to everyone who left reviews! I hope this chapter doesn't disappoint:)
Spike woke up a few hours later and turned over, slowly opening his eyes, expecting to see his girlfriend, but when he saw that the bed was empty and that her clothes were gone, he sat up quickly, both angry and worried.

“What the hell’s going on?” he asked as he stood up, pulling on his clothes and looking at a clock. “Why would she have left? It’s a Saturday!” He ran downstairs and grabbed his keys before he left the house and got in his car, speeding towards her house.

‘I didn’t hurt her last night, did I?’ he asked himself. ‘Everything was okay, wasn’t it?’

He became increasingly more concerned as he drove, happy when he pulled up in her driveway and saw that her car was there and that her mother’s wasn’t. He got out of his car and sprinted to her front door, ringing the doorbell twice before knocking several times, growing frantic.

When a tired Buffy appeared after the door opened, he rushed forward to embrace her, pulling her close to him and kissing her cheeks, nose, and forehead softly. “Are you okay? I’ve been so worried.”

“I’m fine,” she said, yawning. “I just had to come home before Mom woke up and noticed that I wasn’t here.”

“You could’ve left me a note or something,” he replied sternly. “You could’ve woken me up- I would’ve driven you! Did you walk?” She nodded. “Why?! Do you know what could’ve happened to you?”

“Yes, I’m well aware,” she answered. “But the wrath of my mother could’ve been worse. Thankfully, she had no idea and left for work without saying anything.”

“That’s great, luv, but something seriously horrendous could’ve happened to you,” he said, upset. “Do you know how guilty I would be if I found out something had happened? If you would’ve gotten hurt?”

“I’m fine,” she said quietly. “If anything, I’m beyond tired and want to go back to sleep, alright?”

“Is something wrong?” he asked. “Honestly? You don’t seem all too happy with me, pet.”

“You didn’t use any type of protection last night,” she answered, looking down. Spike froze, his eyes widening.

‘Oh shit,’ he thought, mentally berating himself. ‘I didn’t even think of it last night- I was too busy trying to shag her.’ Before he could say anything, she put her hand up to stop him.

“I’m on the Pill, so we don’t have to worry about me becoming pregnant,” she said before frowning. “Well, it’s unlikely- there’s a very tiny chance it could happen, but I’m going to tell myself it isn’t possible to appease my nerves.” She took a deep breath. “I was tested for STDs after Riley, just as a precautionary thing, and I’m clean, but I don’t know if you are.” His whole body tensed up, and he clenched his jaw. “Not that I’m implying you’re diseased or anything, but I-”

“I was tested after Harmony,” he cut in, slightly angry. “Who knows what she might’ve contracted from half the guys she’s been with.” He sighed. “I’m clean, too, luv- I haven’t been with anyone since her except for you.”

“So we should both be fine, then, right?” she asked, and he nodded, putting his hands in his pockets. “Alright, then- I can rest assured.” She was about to turn and go upstairs, back to her room, but he grabbed her hand and looked into her eyes.

“Are we okay, Buffy?” he asked, worried. “You and I?”

“We’re fine,” she said, leaning up to kiss him softly. “It means a lot that you came over to check on me.” He smiled.

“Of course,” he replied. “I’m whipped, you know.” She giggled and kissed him again before walking him to the door. “I love you.”

“I love you, too,” she said, smiling as he kissed her cheek and walked out, going to his car. She watched him leave and sighed before closing the door and returning to her room.

* * * * *

A week passed, and in that time, things returned to normal for them. They saw each other almost every night, and if they weren’t working, they’d go out to dinner or hang out with their friends, as well.

It was one night at work when several of Spike’s fellow students came to the Doublemeat Palace and began to make fun of him when Buffy became angry, too, and purposely ruined their orders.

“Wow, Spike, I can see why you’d work here,” one of the guys said, appraising Buffy with his eyes. “You can become greasy with a hottie like her.”

“Watch what you say, wanker,” Spike hissed, grabbing the soda off of the kid’s tray and taking off the plastic top before throwing the soda in the guy’s face. Buffy grinned proudly and leaned to his ear.

“You stole that move from me,” she said, and he smirked.

“It’s what made me fall even more for you,” he replied, kissing her temple before looking at the angry teenager standing on the other side of the counter. Buffy grabbed a stack of napkins and handed them to the boy.

“Have a nice meal,” she said, pasting a bright smile on her face. He flipped her off and turned, but Spike jumped over the counter, grabbed the guy’s wrist tightly, and twisted it until it cracked with a loud pop, causing him to scream in agony.

“Don’t you dare come here again,” Spike said in a low tone. “And if you ever even look at my girlfriend again, I’m going to severely hurt you, got me?” The boy glared at Spike before turning on his heel and storming out.

Spike walked around the counter and took a deep breath as he looked at Buffy’s face, noticing the unreadable expression covering her features.

“You alright?” he asked quietly, becoming grateful that Manny wasn’t walking around or saw what he had just done. She nodded and smirked.

“You really are my Prince Charming, aren’t you?” she asked, wrapping her arms around his waist and kissing him.

“Anything to protect my girl,” he said, and she giggled.

“Usually I don’t find possessive guys attractive, but you’ll do,” she joked, and he playfully growled before tickling her ribs, getting the attention of their co-workers and the customers lining up. “And back to work we go.”