Author's Chapter Notes:
I just want to thank everyone who has read and reviewed this fic- it really has meant a lot! Ashlee and I will start posting our new fic Shades of Gray tomorrow under our Goldilocks penname, so I hope everyone will take a chance and read it. Plus, I'm going to be posting a new fic within a week or two titled Wrong Kind of Love. Any comments or opinions on a possible sequel are encouraged and appreciated! Thanks again!:)
On graduation day, Buffy stood on a stage in front of her fellow classmates, every student wearing virginal white dresses, which was a tradition for their graduation ceremony and the dance following it. She took a deep breath before looking down at one of her note-cards, mentally preparing herself before she began to give her speech.

“Well, ladies, we graduate not only as the class of 2005, but also as a united family,” Buffy said, holding her head up high. “Despite any cliques or grudges that have existed over the last four years, we now leave Holy Angels together, prepared to move on to college and begin our adult lives. We have been privileged to receive an education like we have, and I believe that we are the most gifted women in the state.” Many people cheered, giddy with excitement. “It has been a privilege to get to grow and learn with each and every one of you, and I think I can speak for all of us when I say that this wasn’t the easiest path we could’ve chosen, but it was definitely the most fulfilling and worthwhile.” She grinned as more people clapped. “Congratulations on a job well-done, girls, and I wish you the best of luck in the years ahead of you.” She walked offstage amongst more applause and returned to her seat, sitting between Fred and Willow.

“Good job,” Willow whispered, and Fred nodded. Buffy gave them grateful smiles, her hands still slightly shaking from how nervous she had been.

“It didn’t sound horrible?” she asked quietly, and they both shook their heads. “You have no idea how much I loathe public speaking.” Willow patted her hand and looked at the stage again as their principal took her place behind the podium and began to speak.

The ceremony continued, and as it ended, the girls left the auditorium in two lines, streaming out in a sea of white. Buffy spotted Spike on her way out, seated beside Joyce and Dawn, and winked at him. He grinned at her as he watched her walk out.

After the girls filtered into one large room, parents, friends, and boyfriends met up with them, talking and taking pictures. Buffy was surprised when she saw Riley walk in, heading towards her. She raised an eyebrow as he handed her a white rose, which she hesitantly accepted.

“Congratulations, Buffy,” he said, hugging her. “I know we’re not together anymore, but I’m still very proud of you.” She smiled softly at him and saw the happiness in his eyes. “And I’m glad things are going so well for you and Spike.” She looked down, hoping he wouldn’t notice the wide smile that was spreading across her face.

“I heard about you and Amy,” she replied, and he smirked. “She’s a really great girl- you’re lucky.” He saw his girlfriend a few feet over and smiled at her. “I’m happy we’re on good terms, Riley- I really am. You know I never meant to hurt you.”

“I know,” he said, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. “I’ll see you around sometime, alright?” She nodded, and he smiled at her before walking away, meeting up with Amy.

Spike tracked down Buffy minutes later as she had pictures taken with Fred, Willow, and Tara, meanwhile taking in how beautiful she looked wearing a white silk dress.

‘If that’s how she looks on our wedding day, I’m going to be a blubbering mess,’ he thought before grinning. ‘I’d give anything to marry that girl. Not that I deserve her, but if she’ll have me, I’ll be with her forever.’

She broke away from her friends and walked over to Spike, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him.

“Hey, gorgeous,” she said happily, grinning. “Did you enjoy the ceremony?”

“The highlight was watching you on the stage, glowing like a goddess,” he answered, and she slightly blushed. Dawn and Joyce walked over to them, and Joyce hugged her daughter.

“I’m so proud of you,” she said, running her hand over Buffy’s hair. “You did it- you graduated!”

“How does it feel?” Dawn asked. “I can’t wait to graduate now! I want to wear a pretty white dress, too!” She sighed dreamily. “And going off to college is a bonus, also.” Joyce raised an eyebrow. “Not that I don’t like living at home- I just want to experience the world more. And lucky Buffy gets to run off to Berkeley to-” Spike stared at his girlfriend, shocked. She sheepishly smiled and clasped her hands in front of her.

“I thought you were going to Wellesley?” he asked, and she shot Dawn a look before taking his hands in hers.

“Well, it was supposed to be a surprise,” she replied. “But I decided to go to Berkeley.”

“Luv,” he said quietly, grazing her cheek. “You know you could do better than that.” She shrugged, smiling. “But I can’t lie when I say how happy I am, especially since I decided to go to UC-Santa Cruz.” Her jaw dropped slowly as she realized how much closer Santa Cruz was to Berkeley versus Los Angeles. “Surprise.”

“Since when did you apply there?” she asked, and he smirked.

“The same time I applied at the other places, but I didn’t think I’d get in,” he answered, shrugging. “I guess I chose there in hopes that you’d change your mind and switch to Berkeley.” She giggled before kissing him again, not caring that both Dawn and Joyce were watching.

“I thought you said not to choose a college based on a relationship?” she joked, and he smiled.

“I was wrong,” he replied. “But I know I made the right decision.” She wrapped her arms around his waist and hugged him. “I love you, Goldilocks.”

“I love you, too,” she said quietly, frowning when Dawn made gagging noises beside her. “Hey, don’t be a hypocrite- I saw you making out with Andrew the other day.” Dawn blushed as Joyce looked at her youngest daughter, surprised. Buffy giggled as Spike pulled her closer to him and kissed her forehead.

“Ready to start our adult lives together?” he asked, and she grinned.

“I want nothing more.”