Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's an epilogue for everyone who requested one! Thanks once again to everyone who reviewed!:)
Ten Years Later…

“I can’t believe we’re back,” Buffy said as she walked into the gym of Holy Angels High School, looking around at all of the people filling the area. “Can you believe we graduated ten years ago?”

“No, can’t say I believe it, luv,” Spike said as she linked her arm with his. “A lot has happened since then, hasn’t it?”

“We went off to college, managed to be inseparable on the weekends, got engaged, graduated, got married, and had our two adorable kids,” she replied, grinning. “Do you think Owen and Gwen will be good while we’re here?”

“Joyce can handle them, pet,” he said, kissing her temple. “She’s babysat for us a few times already.”

“Oh! There’s Willow and Tara,” she said excitedly, walking over to her friends and hugging them.

“Look at you!” Willow said to Buffy, smiling. “You look beautiful!”

“So do you,” Buffy replied. “You both do.” Spike hugged both women and wrapped his arm around Buffy’s waist. “So, where’s little Daniel?”

“Our neighbor Kennedy is babysitting him,” Tara answered. “We were going to bring him, but we thought he might get in trouble.”

“Now that he knows he’s adopted, he’s acting out a bit,” Willow added. “I have a feeling he’s going to be a rebel.”

“Well, if he starts dyeing his hair funny colors and painting his nails black, then I’d start to worry,” Buffy joked, and Willow’s eyes widened. “I’m kidding, Will- don’t worry about him.”

“Oh my god,” Willow said, looking past Buffy. “Look who just walked in.” Everyone turned around and saw Harmony come in, her hair cropped very short and dyed black, on the arm of a brunette man. “What happened to her?”

“Looks like I definitely chose the right woman,” Spike said, chuckling as Buffy giggled quietly before tensing up. “What is it, pet?”

“She’s with Parker,” she answered, tilting her head as she realized it was her ex-boyfriend. “He’s changed a little, but I guess a decade hasn’t made him look any hotter, has it?”

“Are you going to say hi to them?” Tara asked, and Buffy smiled up at Spike before looking at her friends.

“And rub it in Harmony’s face that Spike and I are married?” she asked. “You bet your ass I am.” Spike grabbed her hand before she could walk away and smirked.

“Play nice, kitten,” he said. “Don’t forget that you’re supposed to be a good role model for the kids.”

“They’re not here,” she replied, and he chuckled.

“Good point- have at it,” he said, allowing her to drag him over to the punch bowl, where Harmony and Parker were standing, along with Cordelia and Liam. The other couples looked at Buffy and Spike with surprised expressions.

“Hey,” Buffy said, leaning against Spike’s side. “Nice to see you again, Cordelia. You, too, Harmony.”

“You two are still together?” Harmony asked, and Buffy noticed that Parker’s face fell.

“Buffy?” he asked, and she looked at him, raising an eyebrow.

“Been a long time, Parker,” she said, and he nodded, still stunned to see her.

“You didn’t answer my question,” Harmony said, crossing her arms. “You’re still dating?”

“Happily married,” Buffy said, flashing her wedding ring in front of the other woman’s face. “For six years now.”

“With two gorgeous children,” Spike added, grinning. “They take after their mum.”

“I… congratulations,” Harmony managed to say, her jaw clenched. “I’m surprised it’s lasted this long.”

“Well, we’re very lucky,” Spike said, smiling at his wife. “I couldn’t imagine spending my life with anyone else.” Harmony turned on her heel, ready to storm off, but Buffy’s voice stopped her.

“And, Harmony?” Buffy said, giggling. “You look like hell.” Harmony scowled at her and dragged Parker away, even though he was still staring at Buffy. Spike turned to Angel and began talking to him, while Cordelia turned towards Buffy, giving her a small smile.

“You’re right- she really does look horrible,” she said. “And congratulations, you two- it’s nice to see that you stayed together.”

“Thank you,” Buffy said, shocked by the sincerity in Cordelia’s voice. “I’m glad you stuck by Liam, too.”

“We just got married last summer,” Cordelia replied. “I dated Xander Harris for a while in college, but then I realized Angel was my soul-mate.” She paused. “We should keep in touch, let our husbands hang out once in a while- they haven’t seen each other since college.”

“That’d be nice,” Buffy said sincerely, smiling.

“And I’m sorry for how I was in high school,” Cordelia said quietly. “You were always very sweet, and I wish things had been better- Harm and I made your life hell, didn’t we?” Buffy nodded, looking down. “Well, maybe I can make it up to you.” She winked at the blonde as their husbands looked at them.

“We should probably go to our table,” Spike said. “I’d bet Wesley and Fred are probably here somewhere, too.”

“We’ll see you around, then,” Cordelia said. “And remember what I said, Buffy.”

“I will,” she replied. “Thank you, Cordy.” The brunette couple walked away after saying goodbye, and Spike took Buffy’s hand in his.

“You alright?” he asked, and she nodded, smiling. “What’d she say to you?”

“She apologized for how she was in high school,” Buffy answered, shrugging. “It was nice.”

“Good,” he replied. “Because Liam asked if I would be a godfather to their upcoming baby.”

“She’s pregnant?” Buffy asked, raising an eyebrow. “She didn’t look like it.”

“She’s about three months along, I guess,” Spike said. “And I, of course, said I’d be honored.”

“Well, if you’d like, you could ask him the same question,” she said quietly, and his eyes widened. “Surprise!”

“You’re… you’re pregnant?” he asked, and his face lit up as she nodded. “Baby-” He hugged her close to him, kissing her passionately, ignoring the clapping around them. “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“I was waiting for a good time,” she replied, grinning. “I’m a few weeks behind Cordelia, but she and I should be big around the same time.” He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

“I love you,” he said, grazing her cheek. “I love you so much, Buffy.”

“I love you, too,” she said, leaning up to kiss him before they began to walk to their designated table. “Maybe we could stop at the Doublemeat Palace, for nostalgia’s sake.”

“I’m not letting my wife and unborn baby have garbage like that running through their bloodstreams,” he replied sternly, and she giggled.

“So protective,” she said, looking at the dreamy expression on his face as he idly ran his hand over her abdomen.

“Well, I told you once that I’d be your knight in shining armor,” he said, shrugging. “Guess it kind of stuck.” She giggled and kissed him, feeling as though her life was exactly how it was supposed to be.

‘Maybe I was made to love Spike,’ she thought, looking up at him. ‘And if that’s true, I couldn’t be happier.’



THE END