Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again, thank you to everyone who reviewed- I'm glad people are enjoying this!:)
Spike woke up the following morning with a pounding headache and slowly opened his eyes, looking at his unfamiliar surroundings.

‘What the hell is going on?’ he thought, noticing the IV needle attached to him and the bed he was laying in. ‘Why am I in a hospital?’ His father, sitting on a chair nearby, woke up a moment later to see his son awake.

“Thank god,” he said, getting up to carefully hug his son. “We were so worried.”

“What’s going on?” Spike asked quietly, his throat feeling parched. His father handed him a small glass of water.

“You got in a car accident last night,” Dr. Brooks said. “Do you remember anything?”

“I remember leaving Fred’s party,” Spike answered before frowning. “And that’s about it.”

“You crashed about half a mile away, hitting a tree,” his father said sternly. “Your blood alcohol level was around .1, William.” Spike looked down quickly. “Did you really think you were sober enough to drive? And why were you drinking in the first place? How stupid could you be?”

“I screwed up, alright?” Spike asked, getting angry. “I know I did.”

“Your poor mother woke up to the phone ringing at one o’clock in the morning to find out that you had gotten in an accident and were sent to the hospital. She just went home about an hour ago to finally sleep.”

“I’m sorry,” Spike said sadly. “I thought I’d be okay to drive.”

“Well, you thought wrong,” Dr. Brooks said, crossing his arms. “Your car is totaled, but thankfully all you hit was a tree and not another car. You could’ve killed someone last night, if not yourself.” Spike looked out the window and noted that it was drizzling. “You scared the hell out of us, you know.”

“I’m sorry, Dad,” he said sincerely. “I really am.”

“I’m sure you are,” his father replied. “That’s why you’re going to get a job and pay off the damages you caused, along with buying your own car once you’ve earned enough money. You can borrow your mother’s until then.” Spike’s eyes widened as he looked at him. “You need to learn a lesson, William, and I think this is the best way.”

‘Bugger,’ Spike thought as he looked outside again.

* * * * *

Spike got ready for his job interview while he talked to Xander on the phone.

“So, Doublemeat Palace was the only place that called you back?” Xander asked, and Spike scowled as he looked in the mirror, trying to put on a tie.

“Yep,” he answered. “Apparently, all of the other places I applied at wanted me to have some type of job experience, and since I lack that, I didn’t get contacted for any interviews besides this one.”

“I wonder if Buffy will be there today,” Xander replied, and Spike tensed up, frowning.

“Even if she isn’t, I’m sure I’ll be seeing her on a constant basis if I get the job,” Spike said.

“Isn’t that a good thing? Being able to see her a lot and work alongside her?” his friend asked.

“I don’t know,” Spike answered. “The last time I saw her, I really screwed up.” He sighed. “I need to apologize to her, first and foremost, and then I need to get back in her good graces.”

“Were you ever ‘in her good graces’?” Xander asked, and Spike could tell he was smiling by the tone of his voice.

“She said I was nice at the bookstore, so I might’ve had a shot at that point,” Spike answered. “But I’m pretty sure I blew that to hell when I got drunk at the party, treated her pretty badly, and shoved her away from me.”

“You what?” Xander asked loudly, shocked.

“She was trying to grab my keys because she knew I was drunk, and I ended up pushing her away so I could leave,” Spike said. “I don’t think I hurt her or anything, but I didn’t mean to touch her like that.”

“Yeah, you’d better apologize, then,” Xander said. “Because the last thing you want people to hear is that you ‘shoved’ a girl, Spike. Violent men aren’t sexy.”

“I’m not violent,” Spike said, angry, becoming frustrated with his tie.

“I know that,” his friend said. “But she doesn’t.”

* * * * *

After finishing his interview with Manny, his new manager, Spike was given the opportunity to look around the place, which allowed him to see if Buffy was working. She was standing behind the counter, just finishing an order, when he appeared beside her. She looked at him and frowned, crossing her arms.

“Hi, Buffy,” he said quietly. “Can we talk?”

“I’m kind of working,” she said, turning away from him.

“Well, I will be, too, in about five minutes,” he replied. “When Manny gives me a uniform.” She turned around, stunned. “Surprise!”

“You’re working here?” she asked, shocked. “No, you can’t be.”

“Yep, I am,” he said. “I needed a job, so I’m taking the one I was offered here.”

“Why?” she asked, tilting her head. “Why would Prince Spike need a job? Did your parents cut off your funding?”

“I got in an accident and need to pay off everything,” he answered, looking away.

“I heard about that,” she said quietly. “Fred told me.” He nodded. ‘If you would’ve let me take your keys, it wouldn’t have happened.”

“I know,” he replied, looking at her. “And I’m sorry for how I acted, luv. I didn’t mean to push you or be such an ass.”

“You were drunk,” she said, shrugging. “Besides, you weren’t much different from how you usually are.” At his incredulous look, she gave him a small smile. “It’s fine- I’m over it. I’m just happy your parents are trying to teach you a lesson.” Manny walked over to them and handed Spike his uniform. She grinned at the disgusted look on his face. “Oh, how the mighty have fallen.”

“You’re funny, Summers,” Spike said sarcastically before walking away to go change. She smiled as she watched him walk into the back room of the building before turning back to her line of customers.