Chapter 9

Joyce was pacing the kitchen later that night, anxiously awaiting her husband’s return. She stopped when he finally walked through the back door.

Giles gave her a smile when he saw her.

She smiled in return, even though she wasn’t feeling it.

Giles’ good mood abandoned him immediately; he could tell that something was wrong. “Are you all right?” he wondered, walking over to her.

Joyce took a deep breath before she said what she has been dreading. “I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me what you were doing last night?”

He had a look of confusion on his face. “I was working you know that.”

She shook her head. “I mean after that. I saw you at the Espresso Pump, Rupert. I saw you with that other woman.”

Giles sighed. “Is that what you’re upset about?”

Joyce nodded. “I think I have a reason to be. You seemed really close. Are you having an affair?”

He was tempted to laugh at that suggestion. “How could you ever think that? You know how much I love you.”

“I thought I knew, but lately I’m not sure. You’ve been all secretive and now I find you with her…I just don’t know what to think anymore.”

Giles nodded and took a seat.

Joyce sat down as well because she was tired of standing.

“Well, let me clarify things for you. Her name is Jenny Calendar and she is an old acquaintance of mine. I knew her in England and she lost her husband recently. She came here to get away for a while, and yes, also because she knew that I was here. She contacted me and we got together to talk because she knew that I could relate to what she was going through. I would never deceive you, Joyce. You and the children mean too much to me. I would never want to betray your trust. You must believe that.”

Joyce felt relieved at what he was saying. She should have known there would be a good explanation. Then, she felt guilty and knew that she should have trusted him more. “I’m sorry, Rupert. I was just so confused and I jumped to conclusions. I do believe you, but you could have just told me. Why don’t you invite her over for dinner one night? I would love to meet one of your old friends.”

Giles graced her with a genuine smile. “I’m sure she would love that.” He stood up then, grabbed her and pulled her to her feet, and took her into a large hug. “I’m sorry to have worried you,” he whispered.

Joyce rested her head on his chest, perfectly content.

Buffy chose that moment to walk into the kitchen. She stopped when she noticed them share a comforting embrace. She smiled to herself, knowing that things would have worked out. A second later, she turned away quietly and headed back upstairs.


* * * * *


Buffy made her way to Spike’s apartment the next day, really needing to see him. She knocked and waited for a few seconds.

He opened the door and smiled. “Hey, I wasn’t expecting you,” he said.

“Yeah, sorry I didn’t call first. I figured you wouldn’t mind me coming over.”

Spike shook his head. “I definitely don’t mind.”

Buffy felt a little nervous and took a breath before she moved forward, placing a quick kiss on his lips. “Does this feel weird to you?” she wondered, pulling away from him.

“No, does it feel weird to you?” he asked, hoping that she was okay with the sudden change in their relationship.

She only shook her head. “No, it actually feels really right.”

Spike couldn’t hide the relief on his face. “I couldn’t agree with you more.”

Buffy put some distance between them and ran her fingers through her hair. “I just never expected any of this to happen. What happens when our parents find out? We can’t keep this a secret forever.”

Spike moved closer to her. “When that happens, we’ll deal with it. I believe that everything will work out, Buffy.”

She wasn’t easily convinced. “How can you be so sure?”

Spike caressed her cheek and looked into her eyes. “I just know. I will never let you go, Buffy. No matter what happens. This means too much to me.”

Tears clouded her vision. “This is all happening so fast, but I’ve never felt this way before,” she whispered.

Spike wiped one of the tears away that were now streaming down her face. “I know what you mean. I love you, sweetheart. I’ve loved you before I even knew that I liked girls…if that makes any sense.”

Buffy definitely couldn’t stop her tears from falling now. She never knew he felt that strongly for her, but she couldn’t deny how she felt. “I love you, too.”

Spike sighed in relief and pressed a sweet kiss to her lips. He then grabbed her hand and pulled her over to his bedroom. He closed the door once they entered the room.

She gave him a seductive smile. “So, are we just going to do some more talking?”

Spike prowled over to her. “I had something else in mind.” He kissed her harder this time, picking her up in the process.

Buffy wrapped her legs around his waist.

He threw her on his bed and then moved on top of her. He knew this time there would be no interruptions. Her next words had him stopping for a moment.

“I want you to make love to me.”

He was surprised now, clearly not expecting that.

“Are you sure? We don’t have to do this if you’re not ready.”

Buffy cupped his cheek. “I’m ready, Spike. I want you.”

Spike didn’t have to be told twice as he kissed her again, slipping his tongue into her mouth. He quickly stripped her of her clothes and did the same with his, consigning them to a pile on the floor. He took in the sight of her naked body before him. He still couldn’t believe that this gorgeous woman was his. He started licking her left nipple, but was stopped by a very feisty blonde.

“No foreplay, Spike. I need you inside me.”

Spike nodded and opened the drawer that was next to his bed. There would be plenty of time for foreplay later. He pulled out a condom and was once again stopped by Buffy.

“I’m on the pill. I want to feel all of you.”

Spike smiled and put the condom back in the drawer. He started to kiss her again as he slowly slid into her wet heat.

Buffy closed her eyes at the feel of him inside her.

He started to move slowly at first, then made his thrusts faster.

She opened her eyes to look up at him. She couldn’t remember ever feeling anything so amazing. “God, Spike. Fuck me harder, baby. Don’t stop.”

Spike could do nothing except obey her. He started to pound harder into her pussy, feeling her muscles squeeze him for all that she was worth. He knew that he wouldn’t last much longer if she continued to do that, but it was such a wonderful feeling. “Fuck, Buffy. Just like that, baby. You’re so fucking hot.”

Buffy felt that she could come from just his words. “I’m so close. Make me cum, Spike.”

He pounded into her harder at her request.

Buffy couldn’t hold back her scream any longer. “Oh, god!”

“I’ll make you cum so hard, love. You feel me, Buffy? You feel my cock inside of you? It’s all for you, baby.”

Buffy nodded as she felt the most intense orgasm of her life go through her. She let out another scream and bit into Spike’s shoulder.

He screamed right along with her as he exploded into her pussy.

They were both breathing heavily when they came down from their high.

Spike pulled out of her and moved to her side, wrapping his arms around her.

She rested her head against his chest and tried to get her breathing under control. “God, that was so amazing.”

Spike smiled. “My thoughts exactly.” He noticed that she was starting to doze off and placed a kiss on her forehead. “Just rest now, sweetheart. There’s plenty more where that came from,” he whispered as he watched her for a little while longer. He then grew tired himself and soon drifted off to sleep as well, with a satisfied smile on his face.