Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry to disappoint, but I’ve pretty much done all the angst I’m going to for this fiction. This was supposed to be more of a fluffy story and hardly any angst. I figured we could all use a break from that, I know I could. It’s sad to say, but this story will only have a few more chapters. I can never manage to make a story too long. I think it’s better to end something when if feels right, instead of carrying on when you don’t even have any more ideas for it. This was a remake of another story I did and I’m surprised that it turned out this well. I'm also sorry if it doesn't seem that believable, I like to make things easier. This is an AU Fantasy, so I think it's allowed to be somewhat out of character. I should say this before I get killed, but the character of Jessica is based on my friend. I was originally going to put Anya in it, but I decided to put my friend in it instead to shut her up. She’s pretty much in love with Xander and I like to make people happy. Sorry to anyone who’s an Anya fan. I really do love to write her. I just couldn’t really fit her in this. Okay, done now. Thanks again for the reviews=)
Chapter 13

Buffy was out at the Bronze with her friends later that night, where she finally came clean about her relationship.

They were shocked by her news.

“You mean to tell me that you have been dating Spike?” Willow demanded.

Buffy only nodded.

Willow couldn’t believe it.

“I so knew you liked him. How do you do it? You get like all the hot guys. What’s your secret and can I have it?” Jessica wondered.

Buffy laughed and shook her head. “There’s no secret, things just happen. Besides, I thought you were with Xander now. You don’t think he’s hot?”

Jessica nodded. “Of course I think Xander’s hot. He’s quite the amazing kisser, too. I’m just saying that you always seem to get the guys that all the girls go crazy over. Now you’re dating Spike. I so envy you right now.”

They seemed to be taking this really well, considering that Buffy and Spike grew up together and a lot of people would consider them to be actual siblings and not step-siblings.

Buffy only smiled and took a sip of her diet coke.

Spike joined them a few minutes later “Hello, ladies,” he said with a smile, giving Buffy a kiss on the lips.

Willow and Jessica just smiled as though automatically realizing how cute they were together.

“Do you wanna dance?” he asked her.

Buffy was surprised that he would actually want to dance. She only smiled and nodded.

Spike took her hand and led her to the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around his neck, while he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her close to him. And they moved slowly to the music.

“See, you’re not so bad,” she teased

“It helps that it’s a slow song.”

She agreed at that, and rested her head against his chest. Spike kissed her crown, trailing his fingers down her back.

“I’ve dreamt about this for so long,” he whispered in her ear.

Buffy glanced up in confusion.

“Having you in my arms like this,” he explained. “I never thought it could happen.”

Touched, she pressed a soft kiss to his lips. “Sometimes dreams come true,” she replied.

Spike held her closer as they continued their dance.


* * * * *


A few minutes later, they were sitting at their table by themselves.

Buffy turned away to look out on the dance floor and immediately noticed a familiar dark haired woman dancing very seductively with another woman. “Wow, is that Faith?”

Spike turned as well to see what she was staring at. He nodded once he recognized the brunette. “Yeah, that would be her,” he replied with hardly any interest.

“It’s like they’re having sex instead of dancing. You think that’s the girl she dumped you for?” She felt bad when she noticed the look on his face. “Sorry, but if it helps, I think she had a lot more fun with you. I remember that one time I walked in on you guys. Really wish I didn’t.”

Spike smiled and looked back at the dance floor. Faith was now making out with the girl.

“They seem really happy.”

Spike nodded in agreement. “Well, that’s good for her,” he replied and took a sip of his Bourbon.

A few minutes later, Faith then noticed and pulled her dance partner over.

Buffy got Spike’s attention by elbowing him. He looked up just in time to see both girls make their way over to them.

Faith smiled in greeting. “Hey, guys. I haven’t seen you in a while,” she said.

Spike rolled his eyes. “Yeah, think we saw quite a bit of you out there.”

Buffy kicked him under the table. “How have you been?” she asked in a nicer tone.

Faith shrugged. “Five by five.” She turned to the brunette at her side, “This is my girlfriend, Kennedy.”

Buffy nodded and smiled at the other girl. “It’s nice to meet you.”

Kennedy nodded as well, then focused on Spike. “It’s nice to see you again, Spike.”

Buffy wondered how she knew him.

He only nodded and lifted his glass. “Likewise,” he stated and took a long drink.

Faith noticed the tension between them and quickly grabbed Kennedy’s hand. “We’re gonna go. It was nice to see you guys again,” she said, pulling her girlfriend away.

Buffy looked at Spike, who seemed to be avoiding her gaze.

“So, how do you know her?”

Spike took a deep breath before he glanced back at her. “She was the girl that Faith brought over one night. I didn’t know that she was the one that Faith broke up with me for, though.”

Buffy took in what he was saying. While she really didn’t want to ask her next question, her curiosity would not be denied. “You slept with her? You actually had a threesome?”

Spike nodded. “It was only that one time and I hated it.” There was a pause. “We’re okay, right?” he asked with fear in his voice.

Buffy gave him a small smile. “It was in the past. We both did things that we’re not proud of. We’re together now and that’s all that matters.”

Spike sighed in relief and planted a kiss on her lips. “Things are going to be different from now on, Buffy. I’m not the same man I used to be. You’ve changed me for the better. You know that?”

Buffy nodded. “I feel the same about you.”

They both sat in silence after that, not knowing what else to say.

Buffy began perusing the room again, her eyes avoiding the dance floor and flicking over at the bar. She noticed Angel, accompanied with a young girl.

Spike followed her gaze. The two seemed to be having an argument.

“That can’t be his fiancée. She looks like she’s fifteen.”

Spike shrugged his shoulders.

The girl then tried to walk away, but Angel grabbed her arm to try and stop her from leaving.

Buffy grew concerned and turned back to Spike. “I’m gonna see what’s going on. I’ll be right back,” she said and gave him a kiss on the cheek, then headed over to the bar. Bits and pieces of their conversation floated over as she got closer.

“I’m not going to tell you again, Dawn. You can’t just walk away every time we have a fight.”

The girl rolled her eyes.

Buffy cleared her throat.

Angel turned to look at her.

“Hey, just wanted to see if everything was okay over here,” she said.

Angel sighed and nodded. “Yeah, nothing I haven’t handled before. This is Dawn, my sister. I wasn’t exactly happy to find her here when she said she would be at a friend’s house,” he explained, giving the young girl a look.

She chose to ignore it. “I’m sick of you treating me like a kid all the time. I’m sixteen-years-old. I wasn’t even drinking or anything.”

Angel shook his head, trying to stay calm. “That’s not the point. You lied to me and you came here without permission. Now, go outside and get in the car. We’re going home.”

Dawn glared at him. “Stop trying to act like my father!” she yelled, then ran by him and out of the Bronze.

Angel sighed again and watched her go. “Sorry about that. She’s a handful.”

Buffy nodded in understanding. “If you don’t mind me asking, where are your parents?”

A saddened look befell his face. “They died a few years ago. She’s been acting up ever since it happened. I’ve had to take care of her on my own and it hasn’t been easy.”

“I’m sorry, but I’m sure things will get easier. She’s just at a hard age right now.”

Angel nodded and flashed a small smile. “I guess I should get going. I’ll see you in class, Buffy.” He was about to walk away, when Buffy stopped him.

“Hey, why don’t you come over to my house on Saturday?”

He raised his eyebrows.

Buffy knew that she would have to clarify more than that. “You should come over for dinner and bring Dawn with you. Maybe I could talk to her or something. Unless you think it would be too weird because I’m your student.”

Angel smiled and shook his head. “No, that actually sounds good. We’ve had take out every night this week, so something different might help.”

“Great, I’m sure my parents won’t mind. You can even bring your fiancée.”

“That’s nice of you to offer, but Cordy’s going out of town this weekend. So, it would just be me and Dawn,” he explained.

She nodded. “That’s fine; I guess I’ll give you the address in class.”

“Thanks, I’ll see you later.”

Buffy nodded again and watched him walk away, before returning back to Spike’s side.