Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this is really short, but this wasn’t originally in the story. It’s just a little something that I thought to add, so I decided to make it an interlude instead of an actual chapter. There will be more goodness soon. Thanks for the reviews=)
Interlude

Buffy located Spike outside of the Bronze, leaning against the outside wall and smoking a cigarette. She sighed and walked over to him.

“I thought you quit.”

He glanced up. “I’m still working on that,” he replied, flicking the cigarette to the ground and stomping it out.

A surge of concern charged her, and Buffy took a step closer. “Are you okay?” she asked.

He flashed her a weak smile. “Yeah. Why wouldn’t I be?”

Buffy rolled her eyes. “I know you, Spike. I know that you always smoke when something’s wrong. You can talk to me about it. We used to tell each other everything.”

Spike shook his head. “We’re not little kids anymore.”

Buffy frowned. “What does that matter? You think because we’re not kids anymore, we can’t still talk to each other? We’re still friends, aren’t we?”

Spike sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. “I just mean that we’re older now and things tend to change. You can’t always know about everything that goes on in my life.”

“Why can’t you talk to me anymore? Maybe I can help.”

Spike granted her with another small smile. “You can’t always help me,” he said softly.

Buffy placed her hand on his arm. “I can try if you let me. What’s wrong?” she pried again, hoping that he would open up to her.

Spike simply wasn’t in a sharing mood and jerked his arm away from her. “Just leave it alone, all right?” he growled harshly.

Buffy was stunned. She became even more worried because he never spoke like that to her before. “Is it me? Are you mad at me or something? Did...Did I do something wrong?”

Spike felt like a complete wanker when he saw the hurt on her face. She’d averted her eyes to the ground when Spike cupped her cheek, bringing her gaze back on his. He felt even more like a wanker when he noticed the tears in her eyes. “Oh, love. Please don’t cry. I didn’t mean to snap at you like that. I’m a bloody pillock, you haven’t done anything wrong.”

Buffy exhaled deeply. “Then what is it?”

Spike released his hold on her and stepped away, still not ready to tell her.

Buffy wasn’t about to let it go. “Is it Faith? I know how much you cared for her. It’s understandable that you would be hurting.”

Spike looked at her, nodding after a few seconds. It was better than admitting the truth. “Yeah, it’s still hard. I’m sure I’ll be fine in a few weeks.” He hoped that she would leave it at that.

“I’m really sorry. I know it’s hard right now, but things will get better. You’re one of the good ones, Will. You’ll find someone else.”

Spike then graced her with a soft smile. “You haven’t called me Will since we were kids.”

She smiled in return. “It seemed like the right time.”

He grabbed Buffy in a hug and held her close to his heart.

Buffy wrapped her arms around him as well and rested her head on his chest.

Spike pressed his lips to the top of her head and held her tighter. God, he loved this girl. He didn’t know what he would do without her. He hoped he never had to find out.