Author's Chapter Notes:
I broke the 200 mark in reviews for this fic! I want to thank you guys for all the kick ass reviews you have been leaving, there great! I want to also thank Mac again for the awsome beta job, she has beeen an absolute God send! Well enjoy! Kuddos! Disclaimer in full effect.
Willow pointed out all the major sights of Sunnydale to Buffy on their way to Main Street. They stopped by Willow’s old high school, which Willow referred to as the ‘Hell mouth’, and the local library where she had met Spike. Sunnydale was a small town, but it had a homey feeling to it. Buffy could see why Willow had a look of complete peace on her face as she talked about her hometown.

Willow and Buffy had been shopping around for a few hours when they heard a very masculine voice call to Willow from behind them. They both turned around to see whom the voice belonged to. Willow’s eyes went wide with surprise and she let out a squeal.

“EEEEEEH XANDER!!!!!!”

Xander approached his old friend and the petite blond that was with her. “Willow Rosenberg, as I live and breath,” he said excitedly as he grabbed his childhood friend in a big bear hug.

Xander Harris had been Willow’s best friend since kindergarten. Xander had been Willow’s first everything. First crush, first kiss, first love, and the first guy she had ever had sex with. Willow had been in love with Xander all throughout high school and never said a word about her true feelings until the night before Xander was to leave for basic training. That was the night they both decided to take each other’s virginity. That night had meant so much to both of them, but while he was away they decided it was better for them to just be best friends.

Willow pulled out of his hug and beamed at him. “I can’t believe you’re here! It’s been what, almost two years since I last talked to you,” Willow blushed at the memory of the last time she saw him.

Xander smiled at her shyly. “Has it been that long? It seems like just yesterday that I left for basic.” He hadn’t forgotten about the last night they had spent together. It was one of the most special nights of his life.

Buffy grinned knowingly. Willow had told her about the night before Xander had left and how her best friend had taken her virginity.

“Let me get a look at you,” she exclaimed as she stepped back to take in his appearance. He looked exactly the same, just more mature. His eyes were a deep chocolate brown and he still had the goofy grin that he had always worn since he was a boy. His shaggy brown hair was now in a clean cut military style and he had filled out considerably. He was no longer the scrawny boy that got picked on in high school. He was a well defined man. Willow shook her head in disbelief. “Look at you, you’re all grown up,” she gushed.

Xander gave her a sheepish grin. “Well, I guess Uncle Sam did what he was supposed to do then,” he joked.

“Willow you look great, but then, you always did,” he commented sincerely.

Willow blushed at his admission. She suddenly remembered that Buffy was standing there. “Oh God Buffy I’m sorry, you remember me telling you about my best friend Xander,” she said apologetically.

“Sure. Hi Xander! It’s nice to meet you. Wills here has told me so much about you,” Buffy greeted politely.

“Well I hope it was all good,” he teased, looking at Willow.

Willow nudged him in his side with her elbow. “Of course. Oh! Guess who else is in town?” she asked him giddily.

“Who?” Xander asked curiously.

“Spike! He’s at his uncle’s right now. We’re supposed to go out tonight to dinner and the Bronze, you should come.”

“Holy Shit, William Livingston. What’s that bastard been up to?” Xander asked grinning at the thought of his old friend.

“Well believe it or not, he’s going to school at UCLA and he’s Buffy’s roommate.”

Xander turned to Buffy with wide eyes. “Are you serious? Well good luck with that,” Xander said grinning. “Once when we were, like, sixteen I stayed with William, he got me drunk for the first time and convinced me to go to this really nasty strip club. Will got us these fake ID’s and we drove to this rat hole town I can’t even remember the name of. So, we get to the club and give the bouncer our ID’s right? Well the bouncer takes one look at them and is like, ‘Did you punks really think I’d let you in, go on, get the hell out of here,” Xander told Buffy as he motioned, impersonating the big burly bouncer. Continuing his story, he went on. “Well Will gets right in this guy’s face and is all ‘Listen here mate, we’re paying customers so be a good watch dog and let us by,’ he imitated in his best British accent. “Well then the guy stands up from his stool and he’s like almost a foot taller than Will, but Will never backed down. The bouncer then looks down at Will and tells him that he has real balls for standing up to him and lets us in. We got so trashed that night we ended up going home with one of the strippers and sleeping on her couch. I think her name was like Bambi or something. Yeah, good times.” Xander reminisced wistfully, but instantly sobered when he saw the disapproving look on Willow’s face.

“Xander Harris, when did this happen?” Willow asked sternly as she put her hands on her hips.

Xander looked down at his feet. “Oh, well, um, you know that summer when, uh, Giles went to that library thing? Well I stayed with Will and we got bored and decide to do the whole guy’s night out,” he admitted sheepishly.

Buffy laughed. “That sounds like something Spike would do, I can’t believe you guys actually got in,” Buffy said disbelievingly.

“And I can’t believe you slept on some strippers couch, “Willow added furiously.

“Come on now Willow, it was forever ago. It’s not like anything happened, well with me anyways. Now Will on the other hand….” Xander tried to finish but Willow cut him off.

“Okay Xander I think that’s enough story time,” Willow cut him off with a slight raise of her voice. She really didn’t want to hear about Spike going at it with some stripper and if the look on Buffy’s face said any thing, she didn’t either.

Buffy let a look of disgust cross her face as Xander started to explain about Spike and some skanky hoe bag stripper. For some reason the thought of him with someone like that made her mad. In all honesty it didn’t surprise her, but it still got under her skin. Looking at Xander she added, “Yes, please, you can stop now,” her voice sounded slightly irritated.

Xander heard the irritation in Buffy’s voice and wondered if there was more than just the roommate relationship going on. Well if there was he sure couldn’t blame Will, she was cute as hell. Holding his hands up in surrender, he relented. “Alright, I guess you girls didn’t find my little story as amusing as I did.” Smiling he said his goodbyes. “Well I better get going, but I am most definitely on for tonight, just tell me when and where.”

“I’ll call you at your mom’s house and give you all the details if you swear not to tell anymore ‘stories’ like the one you just shared,” Willow said half kidding half serious. She really didn’t think she could handle anymore Xander/Spike escapades of any kind.

“I promise to be on my best behavior,” Xander said in his best innocent voice.

“Willow rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah, I’ve heard that before.” Willow and Buffy said goodbye and started back to the Giles’ residents.

Buffy and Willow returned to the house to hear Spike yelling at the TV. They walked in the living room with grins on their faces. Spike was watching his favorite football team, Manchester United and apparently they were losing. Buffy cleared her throat to get his attention. “Spike you do realize they can’t hear you right?” she taunted..

Spike turned to the two amused girls standing in the living room and flipped the TV off. “Yes pet,” he replied dryly. “So, you birds have fun on your little outing?”

“Guess who we ran into?” Willow asked excitedly

Spike stood and stretched. “Who did you run into Red?”

“Xander!” she exclaimed. “He wants us to call and let him know what we’re doing tonight so he can meet up with us.”

“Xander Harris? Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time,” Spike said surprised.

“Yeah, I know, so we need to decide what we’re doing so I can call him when I get home.”

“Well how about we hit the pizza place and then head to the Bronze.” Spike suggested.
Willow looked over to Buffy. “Sounds good to me, what do you think Buffy?”

Buffy shrugged her shoulders. “I’m game,” she agreed.

“Good! Well, I better get going. I need to take a shower and call Xander. Let’s say we meet at my house around seven, sound good?”

Spike and Buffy both nodded in agreement. They all said their goodbyes and Willow was out the door. Buffy sat on the couch and Spike took the seat next to her. “So what did you think of the great Xander?” he inquired.

“He was sweet. I can see what Willow saw in him, he’s cute, has this whole boy next door thing going for him,” she commented.

Spike raised a brow at her. “Sweet, huh?” he said dryly. He couldn’t help but feel a twinge of jealousy at her comment.

Buffy heard the sarcasm in his voice. Giving him a look she turned to face Spike. “He had some pretty interesting things to say about you.” she said suggesting she knew dirt on him.

Buffy had peaked his interest. In a hesitant tone he asked, “And what might that have been?”

Buffy turned to him, arms crossed over her chest with a raised eyebrow. “So tell me, who’s Bambi?”

Spike closed his eyes and groaned out, “Oh bloody hell!”




Thanks to spuffette, Lindsay, MidnightGirl, Whitelighter354, MarstersGirl13, anna, phantomwriter, Cordykitten, Opal, BuffyandSpikeForever, Mariana, Brunettepet, and Heaven for reviewing, it means soooooo much to me ;) ! Kuddos!