Author's Chapter Notes:
Well since so many of you asked nicely, here is the next chap. I hope you all enjoy! The song is Mazzy Star 'Fade into You'. It is a really good song so you sould go and listen to it and if you want I can e-mail it to you, just let me know. *All lyrics and rights belong to the owner*. Disalaimer in full effect.
Buffy and Willow came bouncing back to the table slightly out of breath from all their dancing. Buffy took the stool next to Spike. “So are you two gonna sit here like wall flowers all night or are you gonna dance?” Buffy asked giddily slightly buzzed from her drink.

“Yeah guys, have a little fun. You’re just sitting here all broody like,” Willow chimed in.

“Sorry luv, but this isn’t exactly what I call music, and that definitely isn’t dancing,” he told Buffy gesturing to the dance floor.

Buffy jutted her lip out in a pout. “Fine be a party pooper,” then turning to Xander she gave him a mischievous look. “What about you Xander? You wanna dance?”

Spike looked over at Xander and gave him a warning look, which Xander completely ignored. “Sure Buffster,” Xander accepted and grabbed both Willow and Buffy’s hands, leaving an agitated Spike behind.

Spike glared at his male friend as he watched Buffy grind herself against him. Sure it was just Xander and he wasn’t exactly competition, but the idea of any guy with their hands on his Buffy sent all out rage through him.

Buffy and Willow had Xander sandwiched between them as they danced to the beat of the music. As they danced Buffy glanced over to see Spike glaring in their direction. Buffy leaned in close so Xander could hear her. “Xander why is Spike shooting daggers at us?”

Xander glanced over at his friend and Spike gave him the British finger. Xander chuckled and then leaned into Buffy. “Aw, he’s just mad cause I get to have two hot chicks all over me and he’s stuck all alone with nothing but his beer to keep him company,” Xander explained teasingly .

Buffy rolled her eyes. “Well it’s his own fault, he’s the one that said he didn’t want to dance,” Buffy said with a shrug of her shoulders.

“Maybe he can’t dance,” Xander suggested.

“Oh no, he can dance,” Willow reassured them. “I’ve seen it, and uh, well let’s just say he’s good,” she added suggestively.

Buffy would love to see that. Maybe it was the alcohol, but she was gonna find out for herself. Giving Willow and Xander a mischievous look she sauntered over to Spike.

Spike saw Buffy coming in his direction. When she was standing right in front of him he got off his stool and stood dangerously close to her. “That was a nice little show there pet,” he remarked snidely.

Buffy was feeling a bit brazen and closed what little bit of distance there was between them. “Well if you didn’t like it you should have come and danced with me yourself,” she replied as she gazed at him.

Spike felt his body physically react to her closeness. Did she have any idea what she was doing? The girl was playing with fire and if she wasn’t careful she was gonna get burned. “Is that so luv,” he whispered in her ear.

Buffy felt like liquid fire was coursing through her veins. The way his body was pressed to hers she could feel the tell tale signs of his arousal. Knowing that she had caused that reaction caused a pool of moisture between her thighs nodding her head she replied on a breath, “Uh huh.”

Spike knew he was getting to her already. Taking her hand in his he led her to the dance floor and pulled her body to his and began to grind against her seductively. Buffy retuned it with equal fervor. Buffy turned so her back was pressed against him and ground her ass against his crouch to the beat of the music. Spike grabbed her hips and followed her lead.

Willow and Xander watched as Buffy and Spike danced together. They were oozing sex from every pore as they wreathed against one another. Xander looked at Willow and asked, “Is it just me or do you smell sex in here.”

Willow had to admit Xander was right. Spike and Buffy were way beyond the point of just dancing. Willow looked at Xander with an amused look. “Well all I have to say is it’s about time those two realized that there is some kind of chemistry between them,” with a knowing smirk she added, “It looks like tonight is going to be more interesting than we thought.”

Spike was in heaven. This was a side of Buffy he had never seen before. She was no longer the up tight girl he lived with, she was an all out sex kitten using her body to torment him in all the right ways. She had her back to him and she was slowly sliding her hands up and down his thighs as she wiggled to the music. Spike leaned in and whispered in her ear, “You’d do best to stop that now luv,” he demanded huskily

Buffy shivered as his warm breath breezed against her neck. Turning to face him she looked him in the eyes. “Yeah, because we don’t want to get too carried away now do we,” she purred.

They both stood there staring at each other, both wondering how things had taken this sudden turn. The music faded and the slow beat Mazzy Star’s ‘Fade Into You’ began to fill the room. Spike pulled Buffy in his arms and began to sway them to the music.


“I wanna hold the hand inside you
I wanna take the breath that's true

I look to you and I see nothing

I look to you to see the truth



You live your life, you go in shadow

You'll come upon and you'll go black

Some kind of night into your darkness

Close your eyes with what's not there,”

Buffy felt as if she was being swept away as Spike brought her into his arms. At that very moment nothing else mattered. Being in his arms just felt right. She laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes just enjoying the feel of his arms securely around her waist.

“Fade into you

Strange you never knew

Fade into you

I think it's strange you never knew,”

Spike inhaled deeply. She smelled of vanilla and gardenias, it was absolutely intoxicating. Their bodies almost seemed like they were made for one another’s. She fit so perfectly in his arms. This was a feeling he never wanted to forget, Buffy securely in his arms, her body pressed so intimately against his. He stroked her hair as they continued to sway to the soft music.

“The strange light comes on slowly

A stranger's heart is out of home

You put your hands into your head

And your smiles cover your heart,”

Buffy listened to the words of the song. She felt like she was fading into him. She was slowly being consumed and one thing was for sure, things were going to change between them after tonight, she just wasn’t sure how.

“Fade into you

Strange you never knew

Fade into you

I think it's strange you never knew
Fade into you

Strange you never knew

Fade into you

I think it's strange you never knew.”

Buffy lifted her head from his shoulder and looked him in the eyes. They were so blue they almost seemed purple. In a soft voice she whispered his name, “Spike.” Spike reached up and cupped her cheek. “Yes luv?” his voice was deep and caramel smooth.

There was so much Buffy wanted to say to him, but she just couldn’t do it. Realizing the song had stopped, she backed out of his embrace. “The song’s over, we should probably go back to the table,” her voice was whisper soft and she couldn’t meet his gaze.

Spike let out a heavy sigh. “Alright kitten, I see Willow and Xander at the table,” he said mournfully as he turned and left to the table. Well, it was nice while it lasted.

Buffy watched as he walked off the dance floor. She was so confused. She couldn’t deny it any longer, she was falling for Spike, but the question was, what was she going to do about it? With a crest fallen face she walked over to her friends.

Willow noticed the down look on Buffy’s face and frowned. What had happened in the small amount of time that the song ended and now? When Buffy sat down next to her, Willow suggested, “Hey Buffy why don’t you come to the bathroom with me so I don’t have to stand in line by myself.”

Buffy smiled as best she could and agreed. “Sure thing Wills, I could stand to freshen up anyways after all that dancing.” Buffy looked up to meet Spikes gaze. The look he was giving her was telling her that they needed to talk about what just happened. She nodded in agreement and left with Willow to the bathroom.

When Buffy was out of sight, Spike dropped his forehead to the table. “Bloody hell, what in the fuck was I thinking,” he asked half rhetorical half hoping Xander might have the answer he was looking for.

Xander shook his head. “Man I don’t even know where to begin on that one. All I know is, from where I was standing, you two have some major chemistry going on,” Xander replied honestly.

Spike lifted his head and shot his friend a dirty look. “Well no shit, it doesn’t take a bloody rocket scientist to figure that one out,” he bit out sarcastically.

“Listen man, as your friend, I think you need to tell the girl how you feel,” Xander said gently.

“But what if she doesn’t feel the same way and I make a complete ponce out of myself?”

“If I had to guess, I would say her feelings aren’t too different from yours, but I’ve only known the girl for a few hours, so I may not be the best judge on that particular situation,” Xander assured him.

Spike let out a heavy sigh. “Well I can’t do anything right now. I’ll wait till we get back to campus to spring it on her, that way if things do go badly she’s not stuck away from home,” Spike reasoned.

Xander patted Spike on the shoulder. “Sounds like a good plan to me. Come on, let me buy you a beer.” Spike nodded in agreement and followed Xander to the bar.


Once Buffy and Willow were in the bathroom, Willow turned to her best friend. “Okay spill, what the hell happened on the dance floor,” Willow demanded excitedly.

Buffy let out a groan as she put her face in her hands. “Oh Wills, I don’t know. Somehow I pulled the brave card and, well, you saw it, we just got carried away. And then the slow song came on and he pulled me in his arms, god it just felt so good,” she explained. Lifting her face she looked at Willow with confused eyes. “What the hell am I supposed to do now, we totally crossed the line,” her voice was pleading for her friend to have all the answers.

Willow looked Buffy in the eyes and asked point blank, “Do you love him?”

Buffy stared at her friend with wide eyes. “What! Willow love is a strong word don’t you think,” Buffy asked astonished.

“Well, okay maybe not love, but do you like him as more than just a friend?”

Buffy didn’t even have to think about that one, she knew she did, but admitting it out loud was a whole other story. “Willow it’s complicated,” Buffy tried to explain. “If we didn’t live together then maybe I would be willing to see what could happen, but we do so I can’t,” she said resolutely.

Willow crossed her arms over her chest and gave her a disbelieving look. “So you’re telling me that the only thing stopping you is the whole living together thing.” Willow knew it was more than that. Buffy was scared.

Buffy chewed her bottom lip nervously. How did Willow always manage to see threw her? With a heavy sigh she told Willow the truth. “Well that’s part of it,” she admitted hesitantly.

“So what’s the other part Buffy?” Willow asked putting on her resolve face.

Oh shit, she was in trouble now. Willow and resolve face equaled no good. Knowing she was defeated she admitted to her friend quietly, “I’m afraid of getting hurt.”

Willow put her hands on both of Buffy’s shoulders. “Buffy you’re gonna have to let someone in eventually. You can’t put off relationships just because you’re scared, cause guess what? You’ll never find anyone if you’re hiding,” Willow told her gently.

Buffy smiled at her friend. She had to admit the girl was good. Giving Willow a hug she said, “Thanks Will, I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Willow returned Buffy’s hug. Pulling away she smiled brightly at the blond before her. “Well that’s what I’m here for. Now we better get back out there before they send out a search party.”

Buffy nodded and followed Willow back to the table. Spike and Xander were talking as the nursed their beers. Buffy walked over to Spike and gave him a soft smile. “Hey, do you think maybe we can talk?” she asked nervously.

Spike looked over to Xander. “Hey mate, do you think you could drive my car home? Buffy and I are gonna foot it back to Rupes,” Spike asked Xander.

Xander nodded. “No problem man. You guys go on and get out of here, Willow and I are gonna catch up on old times,” Xander assured him giving him a knowing grin.

Spike smiled back appreciatively. Turning back to Buffy he asked, “You want to get out of here? I don’t think we can have much of a conversation in here with all this music,” he asked her hopefully.

Buffy nodded in agreement. “Sounds good, just let me tell Willow we’re leaving.” Buffy walked over to Willow and leaned in close. “Spike and I are gonna walk home, I’ll give you a call tomorrow.”

Willow gave her a supportive smile. “Alright, just remember what I said, you have to let someone in some time,” she reminded her. “And I think Spike would be a good place to start.”

Buffy gave her a weak smile. “I’m still not sure if I’m ready for that, but I think you might be right.” There was still a lot she needed to work out in her head before she started thinking about a relationship with Spike.

Spike and Buffy said goodbye to Willow and Xander and walked out in to the cool night air. As they started home they both spared a glance at one another. They both knew there was a lot of things that needed to be said but neither one knew exactly where to even begin.




Thanks to daisy, Seraiza, MidnightGirl, spufette, Brittney, tina, Cordykitten, Smitten, anna, NEO, Lindsay, and flibble for the great reviews, you guys rock!