Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it took me so ling to post this morning, but my internet has been all kinds of wonky. Thanks to all you readers out there from the bottom of my Spike/James obsessed heart! Disclaimer in full affect
*WARNING* There is attemped rape in this chapter, and that's all I can say without giving the chap away. Nothing too graphic, but just so you know if you have issuse with this kinda situation, please be advised!





Buffy stood nervously outside the seedy strip club. On the way to the club she had mentally kicked herself repeatedly for ever agreeing to go in the first place. Glancing over at Spike, she noticed he was wearing his trademark smirk. Buffy really wanted to reach over and smack that infuriating look right off his face. He was getting way to much enjoyment out of her discomfort. Glaring at him she snapped, “Do you think you could at least try and act like you’re not enjoying this so much.”

Spike chuckled and grabbed her hand. “Come on pet, let’s get you inside to the real fun.” Buffy reluctantly let Spike drag her inside to what was probably going to be the most embarrassing night of her life.

As the foursome entered Buffy’s senses were hit with the smell of alcohol, cigarette smoke, and something she guessed was the musk of sex. Buffy pulled a face and turned to Willow. “You’ve actually hung out in a place like this before?”

Willow surveyed the room and scrunched her nose. “Well not exactly, the one I went to was much more tasteful.”

Buffy cocked a brow at her. “Is there such a thing?”

Willow chuckled and shook her head. “Come on let’s go sit down.”

Buffy, Willow, Xander, and Spike found a table that was somewhat close to the center stage. Spike glanced over at Buffy and noticed she looked slightly uncomfortable at the proximity to the stage. Leaning in he whispered in her ear. “Don’t worry luv, they won’t bite. Well not unless you ask them to,” he teased as he pulled back and waggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Buffy blushed and smacked him on the arm. “God Spike! Gross much?” He could really be a pig sometimes.

Spike chuckled. “Lighten up kitten, only teasin’, but bitin’ can be….”

Buffy cut him off. “Don’t even finfish that sentence,” Buffy warned.

Spike just leered at her and turned to Xander. “Hey mate, you bring your ID with you?” Xander was the only one there tonight with a fake ID.

Xander pulled out his wallet and held up the ID of a twenty-six year old male that was from Michigan. “Yep, sure thing don’t ya know,” Xander replied in his best accent.

Buffy looked at Xander quite impressed. “Very convincing if I do say so myself,” She complimented.

Xander shot her a goofy grin. “Well I may have practiced in front of the mirror once or twice,” Xander teased. This earned a giggle from Willow.

Xander looked at the red head with a frown. “What’s so funny?”

Willow wiped a tear from her eye as she recalled her memory. “Oh, it just reminded me of the time I walked in on you talking to the mirror, practicing asking out Cordelia Chase to junior prom,” Willow reminded Xander as she broke out into another fit of laughter.

Xander turned a shade of red that was brighter than Willow’s hair. He scowled at his supposed best friend. “Willow that was supposed to stay between me and you,” he scolded.

Buffy held back the urge to laugh and patted Xander’s hand. “Don’t worry Xander, I think it’s kinda cute,” she said trying to not sound patronizing.

Spike, on the other hand, made his amusement well known. “Well I think it’s bloody hilarious,” He admitted through his laughter.

Xander crossed his arms in a pout. “That’s right, laugh it up,” Xander replied sullenly.

Spike got the attention of a passing waitress so they could place their drink orders. A scantly clad girl who looked barely old enough to drive sidled up next to Spike and leered suggestively at him. Smacking at her gum obnoxiously she purred, “Well hey there gorgeous, what can I get for you?”

Buffy unknowingly scoffed at the girl’s blatant attempt to hit on Spike. Spike turned to Buffy and gave her an amused look. Was his kitten jealous? Turning back to the waitress he smiled. “I’ll have a shot of tequila and a Corona with a lime” Turning and looking directly in Buffy’s eyes he finished his order. “And my lady here will have a Screaming Orgasm.” Buffy felt her entire body flush. The way Spike was looking at her caused a delicious ache between her thighs. The waitress looked between the two blondes and rolled her eyes before turning to Willow and Xander. “And what can I get for you two?”

Willow was surprised at the bluntness of Spike’s innuendo. Sure she had heard him tease Buffy before, but there was raw lust in his voice this time that was undeniable. Realizing the waitress was waiting for her order she looked up and smiled. “Sorry, uh, I guess I’ll have a Madori sour and a water.” The waitress looked back to Spike and gave him a saucy grin before heading to the bar.

Buffy didn’t miss the look the waitress gave Spike and sighed disgustedly. Spike noticed Buffy’s obvious dislike of the waitress and smirked at Buffy. “What’s the matter pet, got a case of the green eyed monster,” Spike teased.

“What?” Buffy asked indignantly. Spike let out a chuckle. “I saw the look you gave ol’ girl as she walked away,” He informed her.

“Please, like I have a reason to be jealous of that hoe bag,” Buffy scoffed. Yeah she was jealous, but she wasn’t about to admit it to him.

Willow had to laugh. Buffy couldn’t be more obvious. “No you’re not jealous one bit,” Willow teased sarcastically. Buffy was about to retort with a snappy come back when the waitress returned with their drinks. Buffy unconsciously scooted closer to Spike and gave the young girl a warning look.

Willow noticed Buffy sudden possessiveness and grinned madly. Her friend had it bad. Willow nudged Xander to get his attention. Xander turned to his friend and then looked in her line of sight to see a very jealous Buffy. Shaking his head he just smiled knowingly and picked up his beer from the table.

Buffy’s gesture didn’t go unnoticed by Spike. Placing an arm around her waist he gave the money to the waitress and thanked her. When Buffy tried to pull away from him Spike tightened his grip on her hip. Buffy looked at Spike with surprised eyes. Spike merely winked at her and turned to Xander and Willow. “So kiddies let’s say we have some real fun.”


Buffy wasn’t sure how, but she found herself sitting at the edge of the stage with Willow, Xander and Spike. Glancing over at Spike she questioned, “You don’t actually expect me to put money in there underwear do you?”

Spike grinned mischievously. “Well, you could put it somewhere else if you’d like,” Spike suggested. Buffy gave him a petrified look and blushed profusely.

Willow placed a hand on Buffy’s shoulder. “Come on Buffy, it’s time for you to throw all those moral inhibitions aside and have fun, you only live once right?” Willow goaded her excitedly.

Buffy chugged her drink in one swallow and shrugged her shoulders. “What the hell,” she agreed. Then seeing a scantly clad woman come on stage she swallowed hard and suggested, “but I think I’m gonna need another drink.”

Three drinks later Buffy was stuffing dollar bills in with the best of them. She had to admit it was kind of exciting to let loose and throw caution to the wind.

Spike was fascinated with this new side of Buffy, she had been hooting and hollering with as much enthusiasm as most of the men in the establishment. Turning to Buffy he raised a brow at her. “Looks like someone’s come out of their preverbal shell.”

Buffy grinned at Spike. “Looks like huh?” Spike chuckled and asked teasingly, “Do I have to worry about you bringin’chits back to our place now?”

Buffy gave him a saucy grin. “Wouldn’t you like to know?” Buffy figured it must be the alcohol because never in her life would she have ever dreamed of saying anything that bold.

Spike felt his jeans tighten at the thought of Buffy bringing another girl home to play with. Leaning in dangerously close he purred out, “Now don’t go teasing us Summers.”

Buffy felt his warm breath on her face and felt electricity shoot straight through her. Grinning seductively she purred out, “And that would just be wrong, huh?”

Spike let out a soft groan. This girl was killing him. Spike barely brushed his lips over hers as he went to whisper in her ear. “Careful luv, you play with fire you might just get burned,” he warned.

Buffy closed her eyes as her heart beat violently in her chest. This game was slowly spiraling out of control. Putting some space between them Buffy looked down at her lap shyly. “I’m gonna go to the restroom real quick, I’ll be back in a minute,” Buffy squeaked meekly.

Spike took a steadying breath and nodded his head. “Alright luv.” Buffy smiled timidly at him and left for the bathroom. When Spike saw that Buffy had made it safely to the bathroom, he pulled his cigarettes out of his pocket. Lighting one up he took a long soothing drag.

Willow looked over to where Buffy had been and frowned when her friend wasn’t there. With a questioning look she asked Spike, “Where’s Buffy?”

Spike took another much needed drag of his smoke and answered, “Bathroom.”

Willow pulled a face. “I just hope she doesn’t sit down on the seat.”

Xander overheard Willow and gloated, “Yet another one of the may perks of being a man.”

Spike thought of some of the nasties he knew for a fact happened in strip club bathrooms and cringed. “To right mate, I don’t fancy sitting on one of those toilets is very appealing.” Looking back in the direction of the bathroom he watched and waited for Buffy to come out.

Buffy took one look at a stall and decided that holding it was a better option than peeing. Going to the sink she wet some paper towels and wiped at her sticky brow. After washing her hands, she took one last look in the mirror and exited the restroom. Just as she was about to round the corner she ran smack into a very strong chest. Stumbling, she backed up and gave the large man an apologetic look. “Sorry I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

The man leered down at the small blond before him. “That’s okay doll face, no harm done right?”

Buffy smiled politely. “Right,” and went to leave but the man stepped in her way. “Where are you off to in such a hurry, I don’t see a fire,” the man’s voice was low and had a dangerous under tone to it that made the hairs on the back of Buffy’s neck stand on end.

Buffy felt a surge of panic claim her body as she tried again to get past the burly man in front of her. The guy closed the distance between them and now had Buffy pinned up against the wall. “No need to run off princess, I just want to have a little fun.”

Spike was starting to get worried when Buffy still hadn’t come back after a few minutes. Spike got Willow and Xander’s attention. “Oi, I’m gonna go check and make sure Buffy’s alright.” They both nodded in agreement and turned their attention back to the stage.

Buffy struggled to free herself but found the more she resisted the stronger the man pinned her to the wall. “Come on sweetie, you know you want it,” the guy purred in her ear as he began to kiss on her neck.

Buffy felt hot tears begin to sting her eyes as she cried out, “NO! STOP IT, GET OFF OF ME!!!!!”

Spike was casually walking in the direction of the bathrooms when he heard a woman crying out for help. Making it there in less than a few strides Spike caught sight of some bastard with his Buffy pinned against the wall as he carelessly groped at her. Spike saw red as rage coursed threw him. With lighting speed he was on the guy and despite the size difference, Spike flung him off Buffy, tossing him aside.

Buffy felt relief wash over her at the loss of contact with her attacker. Opening her eyes to see who her savior was she saw Spike come to her with concerned eyes. Just as he was about to take Buffy in his arms, he was bulldozed from the side by a very pissed off man.

Spike was so concerned for Buffy he never saw the bastard come at him. Spike hit the floor and was instantly pinned and the man was wailing on his face. Spike instinctively blocked his face, managing to throw his attacker off balance. Spike got up from the floor and took advantage of the other man’s inability to get up quickly by sending him a swift kick to his gut.

Buffy watched in horror as the scene played out. This was all her fault. Buffy was frozen in her spot for fear of distracting Spike again and getting him hurt.

Sending a few more kicks to the wanker’s gut and manhood, Spike rolled him over and lifted him by his shirt. “When a lady say’s no, she means no. You’re lucky I don’t fucking kill you for putting your hands on my girl,” Spike growled at the almost unconscious man. Punching him for good measure, Spike dropped him to the floor and was at Buffy’s side in a blink.

Buffy stared at the man lying on the ground. Blood was pouring out of his nose and his eyes were rolled back in his head. Buffy flinched when she felt someone touch her arm, turning wide eyes in the direction of the touch she saw Spike standing there with concerned filled eyes. Buffy placed a hand over her mouth and gasped. Spike had blood coming from his nose and bottom lip. His right eye was beginning to bruise and his cheek was swollen and red. With a tentative hand Buffy reached out and touched his face. “Oh god, you’re hurt,” Buffy gasped.

Spike hissed in pain at her soft touch. “Just a little tender luv,” he admitted unconvincingly. Buffy felt fresh tears course down her cheeks. Spike was hurt because of her, because he had rescued her from a man who had attempted to rape her. Buffy let out a choked sob.

Spike wiped her tears away with the pad of his thumb. “Shhh pet, don’t cry, m’right here, won’t let anyone hurt you,” Spike comforted her. Taking her in his arms he kissed the top of her head and stroked her honey blond hair.

Xander and Willow had gotten worried about where their friends had gone and went to find them. Willow let out gasp when she saw a huge man lying on the floor. She looked up to see Spike holding Buffy as she cried. Looking at the blond couple she asked, “What the hell happened here?”

Spike didn’t have time to answer because three bouncers walked over to see what the commotion was. Taking one look at the man on the floor they leveled Spike with their eyes. “Alright I think it’s time for you to leave.”

Spike glared at the three burly men. “That fucking wanker tried to rape my girl,” Spike growled.

The bouncers turned their attention to the apparently frightened girl and softened their demeanor. “You should get her home and we’ll take care of this guy,” one of the bouncers suggested to Spike.

With a curt nod, Spike led Buffy away from the bathrooms. Never letting her go, he turned to Willow. “Go grab our things so we can go, we’ll meet you at the car,” Spike demanded. Not waiting for an answer Spike led Buffy out of the club and to the car.

Spike opened the car door and slid Buffy into the back seat. After handing Xander the keys he slid in next to her cuddling her close as he whispered comforting words in her ear. Willow entered the car with coats and purses in hand and shut the door. Spike grabbed his duster and wrapped it around Buffy’s shivering form. “S’all right now luv, Spike’s got you. Gonna take you home and tuck you in right and proper.” Buffy just nodded mutely against his cheat and took a ragged breath.

Willow glanced to the back seat and with concerned eyes and asked, “She’s not hurt is she?” Spike shook his head. “No, just scared is all,” he said softly as he held Buffy tighter to him.

Buffy felt a calm wash over her as Spike’s arms wrapped protectively around her small frame. With a sigh of contentment she closed her eyes and let sleep take her over.

Willow, Xander, Spike, and Buffy made their way back Sunnydale in silence. Spike listened as the girl in his arms breathed evenly in her sleep. He didn’t know what he would have done if anything had happened to his girl. But now he was sure that he would be there from here on out to make sure nothing ever did.




Thanks to Whitelighter354, Stine, Opal, MidnightGirl, Seraiza, Brunettepet, carri, anna, Cordykitten, Kristin, lindsay, Girl Next Door, txjmfan, MarstersGirl13, Flibble, BuffyandSpikeForever, and Heaven for the great reviews! Let me know what y'all think of this chap cause I had a really hard time with it. Kuddos!