Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks y'all for all your support on the last chap. I really struggled with it, and for those of you who didn't care for it, I apologize. I promise there is spuffy in this chapter, so please stick with me. Disclaimer in full effect.
Buffy felt the car pull to a stop and groggily fluttered her eyes open. With a yawn, she questioned her surroundings. “Where are we?”

Spike kissed the top of Buffy’s head and replied, “We just pulled up at Red’s. You can lie down in the back seat here while I drive home if you like.”

Buffy sat up and stretched lazily. “No, I’m good. I’ll come sit up front with you if you don’t mind?” Spike gave her a nod of approval as he slipped out of the back seat and offered her a hand.

Willow and Xander stood on the curb unsure of what to say. Things at the club had taken a drastic turn for the worse in a matter of minutes and everyone was still a bit shocked about what could have really happened if Spike hadn’t gone to look for Buffy.

Buffy slipped from the back seat and saw the uncomfortable looks on Willow and Xander’s faces. Buffy gave them a weak smile and tried to reassure them she was okay. “Nothing happened that I won’t get over guys. Spike stopped him before he could do any real damage.”

Xander gave Buffy a solemn look. “Buffy I’m so sorry, this is all my fault. If I…” Buffy placed a hand on Xander’s arm to stop him. “Xander don’t, you had no idea that something like this would happen. This is just one of those fluke things that no one expects to ever happen to them.” Buffy tried to sound calm but on the inside she was still terrified.

Spike felt rage course threw him again at the mere mention of that night’s happenings. Placing a possessive arm at Buffy’s waist he held her with an almost painful grip. Buffy winced at Spike’s hold and he loosened his grip slightly but never let his hand fall from her side.

Willow looked at Buffy with teary eyes. “Buffy I... what if… I shoul-…” Willow tried but couldn’t get the words out. Buffy wrapped her friend in a reassuring hug. “Willow I’m fine. Nothing major happened; he just scared me is all.”

Willow pulled away and wiped her eyes. “Look at you, you’re comforting me when you’re the one who….” Willow’s voice trailed off. Buffy felt fresh tears begin to prick her eyes. She didn’t want to even imagine what would have happened if Spike hadn’t come to her rescue. With a determined face Buffy stated matter of factly, “It’s over now.”

Spike could tell Buffy was still shook up, grabbing her hand he pulled her to his side. “If you guys don’t mind, I think Buffy and I should get home.”

Xander nodded in agreement. “No problem man. You should probably get those cuts on your face cleaned up anyway, you look like hell,” Xander commented trying to lighten the mood.

Buffy had forgotten about Spike being hurt and turned to look up at him with concerned eyes. “Do you think we should have those looked at by a doctor, you could need stitches?”

Spike felt his heart swell at Buffy’s concern for him. God help him if he wasn’t completely lost to her. Brushing Buffy’s cheek with the back of his hand, he reassured her. “Kitten I’ll be fine. Had worse than this and managed without.”

Buffy went to protest but Spike placed a finger to her lips. “I’m fine; I just want to get you home so we can get you safely tucked away for the night.” Buffy relented and nodded her head. The thought of sleep did sound awfully appealing.

The four friends bid their goodnights and Buffy and Spike got into Spike’s Desoto. Before pulling off Spike called to Willow. “Hey Red how bout we take off a bit later tomorrow morning, I think we could all use a bit of a rest,” Spike suggested.

“Alright, give me a call when you guys are ready to go,” Willow agreed. Spike gave her a wave and drove towards his uncle’s.

Buffy sat quietly just staring out the window. There were so many things running through her mind that it almost made her dizzy. But the one thing that stuck out the most was that Spike had come for her, had risked getting the shit beat out of him, to defend her from an asshole who didn’t know the meaning of no. Glancing over at Spike Buffy saw that he had an expressionless look on his face, his knuckles white from gripping the steering wheel so tight.

Placing a gentle hand on Spike’s arm, Buffy spoke to him in a soft voice. “Spike I’m sorry about tonight, I never meant for this to happen,” Buffy admitted.

Spike snapped his eyes to Buffy. “What? This is not your fault Buffy,” he said in a harsh tone. When he saw Buffy flinch, he instantly softened his demeanor. “Buffy, you have to know you did nothing wrong tonight,” Spike assured her gently.

Buffy felt hot tears run down her cheeks. “I know, it’s just I can’t help but think if I had just been more persistent he would have left me alone,” she whispered meekly.


Spike pulled in his uncle’s driveway and turned off the engine. Turning so he was facing her, he cupped Buffy’s cheeks. “No luv. I hate to say it, but I don’t think it would have made a difference,” taking a cleansing breath he continued. “Fuck sticks like that just don’t know when to quit, he thought he could just take what ever he wanted and no one would do anything about it.”

Buffy gazed deep into Spike’s now stormy blue eyes. How could she ever thank him enough for what he had done for her tonight? Not giving a second thought, Buffy placed a soft kiss to Spike’s lips.

Spike closed his eyes and returned Buffy’s kiss with equal tenderness. This was heaven for him. Buffy had kissed him, not like the few stolen kisses they had shared previously. Lacing his fingers through her hair he deepened the kiss, begging her mouth for entrance.

Buffy felt Spike’s tongue brush her bottom lip and opened her mouth invitingly. They kissed languidly, neither one in a hurry, just enjoying the feel of their tongues caressing each other’s mouths. Spike was the first to pull away. Buffy let out a small whimper of protest and Spike couldn’t help but chuckle. Buffy opened her eyes and frowned.

Spike thought her absolutely adorable as she frowned up at him. Placing a chaste kiss to her bee stung lips he explained. “Don’t think you want to give the neighbors a show luv, figured we could take this inside.”

Buffy blushed crimson red and let out a silent “oh”. They made their way to the house hand in hand.

Spike gave her a wicked grin and unlocked the door. Buffy followed Spike into the house and suddenly found herself pinned against the door with his lips crushed against hers in a demanding kiss.

Spike picked Buffy up and wrapped her slender legs around his waist. When she tightened her hold Spike hissed in pain. Buffy immediately released her legs and broke the kiss. With concern etched on her face she asked, “Oh god, Spike did I hurt you?”

Spike placed Buffy on her feet and lifted his shirt to inspect his tender flesh. Apparently when the asshole had bulldozed him from the side he had clipped him better than Spike had thought.

Buffy ran her hand over the bruise that was now forming at Spike’s side. When Spike winced she looked up at him. “Does it hurt much?” Spike lowered his shirt and shook his head. “Nah, just a wee bit tender s’all.”

Buffy let her eyes rove over Spike’s battered face. A pang of guilt washed over her as she traced over his cuts and bruises. Tears began to sting her eyes. Swallowing the knot that was forming in her throat, she whispered, “I’m so sorry, you’re hurt and it’s all my fault.”

Spike brushed a rogue tear that had escaped Buffy’s eye with the pad of his thumb. “Shh kitten, don’t want to hear you talk like that. I gave as good as I got, if not better, so don’t you go feelin’ sorry for me, the wanker got what was coming to him.”

Buffy had to chuckle at the memory of the guy from the club passed out cold on the floor. Despite the size difference, Spike had kicked the guy’s ass thoroughly. Buffy gave Spike a grin. “You definitely taught him a lesson that’s for sure.”

“Well I’m usually a lover…” Spike trailed off smiling at Buffy suggestively. Buffy felt a jolt of electricity shoot straight to her womb. The way Spike was looking at her right now was causing Buffy to say the hell with it all and give into the desire that was coursing through her every cell. Looking at Spike with lust filled eyes she closed the distance between them and whispered huskily, “You’ll just have to show me how much of a lover you really are.”

Spike felt his cock spring to life at Buffy’s suggestion. Capturing her lips in a fiery kiss, Spike scooped Buffy in his arms and made his way upstairs to do just that.




Thanks to Magz, Opal, spuffette, MidnightGirl, lacey, Brat, Cordykitten, carri, anna, lindsay, BuffyandSpikeForever, Flibble, and jennybean for your reviews. they mean evr so much to me. Y'all are absolutely amazing! Much love!