Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to all of you who have re-reviewed, I love you guys!
Buffy groggily opened her eyes and glanced over at the clock on the nightstand. Her eyes widened as the clock flashed ten-thirty. Buffy started to get up but realized she was still lying on top of Spike. More over, he remained still nestled within her. Looking at the sleeping man beneath her, she let out a gasp. His face was now bruised in black and blue and his cheek was still slightly swollen. A pang of guilt washed over her at the realization that his wounds were all her fault.

Buffy slowly rolled off Spike, taking the sheet with her. She climbed out of bed and winced as an ache coursed through her lower body. Hurriedly she began to search for her clothes, but instantly stopped at the sound of Spike’s voice.

“Buffy, what are you doing?” Spike asked sleepily.

Buffy turned to face Spike. She felt a new blush tint her cheeks at the sight of Spike lying on his bed, barely covered.

“I uh, was just gonna go take a shower. You were still asleep, so I didn’t want to wake you,” Buffy explained sheepishly.

Spike got out of bed and wrapped his arms around Buffy’s waist. Nuzzling her neck he murmured, “What’s the hurry luv?” Tugging at her sheet he suggested seductively, “Why don’t you just come back to bed and we can do the whole morning after thing right and proper,”

Buffy felt chills run down her spine as Spike’s warm breath tickled the sensitive flesh on her neck. Buffy instinctively arched her neck to give him better access. Spike took the action as the go ahead and began to suck at the flesh where Buffy’s ear met her neck.

Buffy let out a soft moan in protest. “Mmmmm… Spike we can’t do this, it’s after… ahhhh… ten and we have to… oh god that feels good… get Willow so we can… uhhhh,” but was unable to finish her reasons because Spike was doing all kinds of delicious things to her neck.

Spike chuckled against her neck. “Sorry pet, I didn’t get all that with all your little mmm’s and ah’s.”

Buffy reluctantly freed herself of Spike’s arms and put some distance between them. “Spike I’m serious, we have to…” Buffy stopped mid sentence when she noticed Spike was standing casually before her in all his naked glory. Buffy looked up at Spike with wide eyes.

Spike smirked. “What’s the matter luv? You act like you’ve never seen me naked before,” Buffy went to say something but was interrupted by a knock at the door. Buffy snapped her head around to look at the shut door. Turning back to Spike she whispered, “Oh shit, it’s Giles!”

Spike let out an irritated sigh. “Yeah?” he called out to his uncle.

“William, Willow is on the phone,” Giles called through the shut door.

Spike rolled his eyes, grabbing his jeans from the floor. Slipping them on he went to open the door, but Buffy was on him in a flash.

“Spike, are you insane?” Buffy asked incredulously.

“What?” Spike asked completely clueless.

Buffy looked at him as if he had truly lost his mind. “Uh, hello, standing here in a sheet,” Buffy pointed out.

Spike let out a chuckle. “Buffy I wasn’t gonna invite him in, I was just gonna grab the phone,” Spike explained.

“What if he sees me? How are you gonna explain that one, huh?” Buffy asked dryly. God, Spike could be such a moron sometimes.

Spike shrugged his shoulders. “Don’t have to explain anythin’,” Spike stated matter of factly.

“Last time I checked, we were both consenting adults and didn’t have to ask for permission to have sex,” he said as he placed a chaste kiss to her lips. Before Buffy could argue with him, he opened the door enough to grab the phone in his uncle’s hand.

Giles took one look at Spike and gasped. “Dear Lord William, what happened to you?” His nephew’s face was marred with bruises and what he could see of William’s side looked just as bad.

Spike had forgotten that his face must look like quite a sight this morning. “Oh uh, got in a little tousle last night, no worries,” Spike explained hastily as he went to shut his door.

“William did you get in trouble with the police?” Giles asked becoming slightly irritated.

Spike let out an exasperated sigh. “No. Listen can we talk about this later, Red’s on the phone?” Spike pointed out holding the phone up in his hand.

“I want you to come downstairs when your finished on the phone, understand?” Giles ordered.

“Fine, whatever you want,” Spike replied irritably as he shut the door, but not before Giles caught a glimpse of Buffy standing in nothing but a bed sheet.

Giles stood outside Spike’s door for a moment trying to decipher what he had just seen. What in the bloody hell was Buffy doing in his nephew’s room wearing nothing but a – oh! Giles removed his glasses and began to wipe at them furiously. He was most definitely going to have to have a talk with his nephew.

Spike turned to see Buffy scowling at him. Frowning, Spike put the phone to his ear. “Hey Red.”

“Spike, where the hell have you been? I tried to reach both you and Buffy on your cell phones and all I got was the voicemail,” Willow vented.

“Calm down Red, we must have left our phones in the car last night,” Spike explained.

Willow let out a sigh of relief. “How’s Buffy doing?” Willow asked, concerned for her friend.

“She must still be asleep,” Spike lied.

“What? It’s after ten?” Willow pointed out.

“Yeah, well Buffy had a rough night,” Spike told Willow as he gave Buffy a smirk. Buffy felt her cheeks begin to burn for what must have been the millionth time that morning.

Spike let out a chuckle and tried to get Willow off the line. “Listen Red, as soon as we get ready we’ll give you a call, alright?”

Willow heard Spike chuckle and knew there was something he wasn’t telling her. “Spike what’s going on?”

“What are you talking about?” Spike replied playing dumb.

“William Livingston, I know there’s something you’re not telling me, I can hear it in your voice, so you better fess up,” Willow demanded.

Spike knew that Willow was getting pissed because she had used his full name. If he didn’t get off the phone with her soon he was going to be in big trouble. “Everything’s fine Red. I gotta go get showered so I’ll talk to you later,” he assured the red head hurriedly and hung up the phone without waiting for a response.

Willow sat there staring at the phone. She was so gonna kick Spike’s ass.

Spike set the phone on the nightstand and then turned to Buffy. “Want to explain to me the reason for the petulant scowl that’s marring your gorgeous face?” Spike asked jokingly.


“Like you should have to even ask,” Buffy stated dryly.

“Come on luv,” Spike whined. “Don’t be mad with me.” Spike pouted as he gave Buffy his best puppy eyes and brought her in his arms.

Buffy tried to resist him but took one look at his adorable face and melted. God she was such a sucker. All Spike had to do was look at her and she was putty. Did sex cause you to go all mushy brained? Buffy tried to scowl at Spike but it came across more as a grin. “I’m still mad at you, you know.”

Spike nuzzled her neck. “Then I guess you better punish me then, huh?” Spike replied suggestively.

Buffy let out a groan. “God Spike! Could you be anymore of a horn dog?”

Spike looked Buffy in the eyes and raised his brow suggestively. “Well I could show you if you like,” he purred.

Buffy found herself wanting to give in and pushed Spike away. “No.”

“No? What do you mean no?” Spike pouted jutting out his bottom lip.

God, how she wanted to take that bottom lip and, AH! No! No lusty thoughts of Spike. Putting more distance between them, Buffy shook her head. “No Spike. We have to get ready to leave and you still have to go and talk to Giles,” Buffy explained resolutely.

Spike crossed his arms and continued to pout. “Fine, you go get in the shower and I’ll hurry up and talk to ol’ Rupes so I can come and join you,” Spike replied slyly.

“Alright… hey!” Buffy agreed and then caught onto what Spike had said. “I so don’t think so mister,” Buffy said as she adamantly shook her head.


“Too late princess you already said okay,” Spike replied cheekily as he stole a quick kiss and headed out the door before Buffy could argue with him.

Buffy stared at the shut door. He wouldn’t really try and get in the shower with her would he? Buffy gathered her clothes off of the floor and went to get her things from her room. Once in the bathroom, Buffy double-checked the lock on the door just to be on the safe side.